PDA

View Full Version : 14 5.0 transmission issue?

Ajohnsn86
10-12-2014, 06:03 PM
I have a 14 5.0 automatic. Today I jumped on it and when it downshifted I heard a clunk and then the car took off. It seems to do it everytime I go wot over 40 mph. When I give it half throttle it shifts fine and downshifts fine. Anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Dominic Toretto
10-12-2014, 06:57 PM
I have a 14 5.0 automatic. Today I jumped on it and when it downshifted I heard a clunk and then the car took off. It seems to do it everytime I go wot over 40 mph. When I give it half throttle it shifts fine and downshifts fine. Anyone have any idea what could be going on?

No idea but, I recently had to take mine in for a shift solenoid replacement. 55k miles. Just take it to a dealership to have it fixed under warranty.

-Alex

Seabee1973
11-05-2014, 09:08 AM
My truck does it at times.... sometimes shudders the whole truck... it's usually in the down shifting out of od.... I think it maybe the shift solenoid as one guy I work with used to be a Ford tech

BlackStang08
11-09-2014, 07:05 AM
Does it have a tune in it?