PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Jon@5 star!!

Grandpa
10-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Just to say thanks again to Jon for his awesome service! He made it a quick and easy deal for us to buy our new Explorer Sport. Couldnt ask for better service!

If anyone is in need of a new or used Ford go see Jon at Five Star Ford in Carrollton!!

BlackStang08
10-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Congrats. Are they quick? I have an explorer as well, but not the sport.

5PointSlow
10-11-2014, 08:03 PM
I want a sport lol. Congrats man!

Grandpa
10-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Congrats. Are they quick? I have an explorer as well, but not the sport.

Its peppy for an SUV. I dont know that would call it quick.

re-rx7
10-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Ecoboost?

Grandpa
10-11-2014, 09:16 PM
Yes

re-rx7
10-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Nice.

White_lightning
10-15-2014, 01:47 AM
ordered my wifs new expy through him... with skip gone.. seems jon is the new go to.

BLK2012GT
10-15-2014, 07:13 AM
ordered my wifs new expy through him... with skip gone.. seems jon is the new go to.

Since Skip left, grapevine ford has gone down hill a bunch.

DirtyD
10-15-2014, 09:43 AM
+1 for Jon. Had I not found a buyer for my car privately, he was going out of his way to make sure I would've got top dollar for my car with a dealer buyout.

Grandpa
10-15-2014, 09:52 AM

Good for him. Jon deserves to do well. He's a good kid.

Since Skip left, grapevine ford has gone down hill a bunch.

I didn't get the same treatment at Grapevine that a few others talked about. We talked to Skip for about 3 minutes then he pushed us off on a salesman. It was the usual BS dealership experience. I ended up going elsewhere and getting a much better deal.

rlhay2
10-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Whom is this Jon?
If the Ford GT rumors are true, it may behoove me to make his acquaintance.

Grandpa
10-15-2014, 10:12 AM
Whom is this Jon?
If the Ford GT rumors are true, it may behoove me to make his acquaintance.

Jon Miller. Goes by JucoStud here. He's at 5 Star Ford in Carrollton. Go see him when it's time, Ronnie. He will take care of you. :)

bird_dog0347
10-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Good for him. Jon deserves to do well. He's a good kid.

I didn't get the same treatment at Grapevine that a few others talked about. We talked to Skip for about 3 minutes then he pushed us off on a salesman. It was the usual BS dealership experience. I ended up going elsewhere and getting a much better deal.

Skip left GVF earlier this year, the treatment you mentioned is well documented on the other local "mustang" forum. Just this week a guy named Tony joined the other forum and said he's the General Manager there and had no idea the poor service that people were complaining about and to see him personally.

Jon is good people though and glad you got taken care of.

Grandpa
10-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Skip left GVF earlier this year, the treatment you mentioned is well documented on the other local "mustang" forum. Just this week a guy named Tony joined the other forum and said he's the General Manager there and had no idea the poor service that people were complaining about and to see him personally.

Jon is good people though and glad you got taken care of.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not slamming Skip, he's a good guy. I just didn't have that same experience there on that given day.

bird_dog0347
10-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not slamming Skip, he's a good guy. I just didn't have that same experience there on that given day.

I don't get it... looking at the dates on the posts it looks like you just recently did the deal and talked to GVF within the last month? If so, you didn't deal with Skip at all, he hasn't worked there for a long time which is why you didn't have a good experience.

Grandpa
10-15-2014, 11:22 AM
I don't get it... looking at the dates on the posts it looks like you just recently did the deal and talked to GVF within the last month? If so, you didn't deal with Skip at all, he hasn't worked there for a long time which is why you didn't have a good experience.

I'm not sure how you are misunderstanding. This thread was me thanking Jon on our EcoBoost Explorer Sport this past weekend. My comment about about GVF was about another purchase a few years ago. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

bird_dog0347
10-15-2014, 11:44 AM
I'm not sure how you are misunderstanding. This thread was me thanking Jon on our EcoBoost Explorer Sport this past weekend. My comment about about GVF was about another purchase a few years ago. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

My bad... I thought you were talking about only one car purchase, not 2 different transactions.

BERT
10-15-2014, 03:08 PM

Maybe he doesn't like you.

Grandpa
10-15-2014, 04:21 PM
Maybe he doesn't like you.

The same could be said for every dealership in town about you. lol.

BERT
10-15-2014, 11:26 PM
The same could be said for every dealership in town about you. lol.

That's it?

Grandpa
10-16-2014, 12:59 AM
That's it?

Spoil sport.

BERT
10-16-2014, 12:09 PM
That's what I seem to do best