PDA

View Full Version : No Longer A Coyote Owner

DirtyD
09-29-2014, 09:41 AM
Been working out a deal over the last week to sell my car. Because of everything I have going on right now, it was just best to get out from under the payment.

On Friday is was picked up and headed back to Miami to be with it's new owner. It's not wearing on me as much as I thought it would, but it helps knowing that the new owner is an SCCA licensed driver, and that my car will become his racecar to be used at Sebring and other road courses.

Now I have a couple of years to figure out what my next toy will be.

Grandpa
09-29-2014, 10:33 AM
It's just a car and there is lots of other cars out there to enjoy as well. On to other things!

DirtyD
09-29-2014, 01:15 PM
It's just a car and there is lots of other cars out there to enjoy as well. On to other things!
being it was my first mustang, still sucks to let go of it. but yes, there will be more

El_Tortuga
09-29-2014, 01:19 PM
Ugh.

If you think getting married and buying a house is expensive, wait until you start having kids. They are amazing, wonderful, challenging, and all consuming. See you in about 20 years. ;)

DirtyD
09-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Ugh.

If you think getting married and buying a house is expensive, wait until you start having kids. They are amazing, wonderful, challenging, and all consuming. See you in about 20 years. ;)
LOL. Hopefully something cheap will find it's way into my garage before those start popping out.

Grandpa
09-29-2014, 01:29 PM
Ugh.

LOL! Kids are expensive, but it doesn't mean you have to give up your passions and hobbies in life. There is always a way, just have to get creative. ;)

Dominic Toretto
09-29-2014, 02:59 PM
Man, I have a feeling I will be in the same position soon lol.

-Alex

46Tbird
09-29-2014, 04:11 PM
I spoke with an old guy with a 1957 Corvette last week.

He was telling me all about how he bought it in 1960 from a young guy that needed the money for his upcoming wedding.

They crossed paths again ten years later, and apparently the marriage ended up in divorce. He missed the Corvette, but not the wife. ;)

Good luck! :D

DirtyD
09-29-2014, 05:08 PM
I spoke with an old guy with a 1957 Corvette last week.

He was telling me all about how he bought it in 1960 from a young guy that needed the money for his upcoming wedding.

They crossed paths again ten years later, and apparently the marriage ended up in divorce. He missed the Corvette, but not the wife. ;)

Good luck! :D
I'll take that story with a grain of salt. :p

rriddle3
09-29-2014, 05:19 PM
It's been said that every man needs 3 women in his life:
An English housekeeper, an American cook, and a Japanese wife.

Sadly, the best that most of us can get is a Japanese housekeeper, an English cook, and an American wife.

:boxed:

Lucky13
09-29-2014, 09:26 PM
I sold my first Harley when my son was born. He's 10 now and I have the 5.0 and a Harley.

Good things come to those who wait!

NAVAG
09-30-2014, 03:31 AM
It was when I first got married and had a kid that I had to give up my 88 Fox Body 5.0

Now kids are almost all grown and I'm on my 2nd wife and have another 5.0 to obsess over. More money to spend on it too.

STROKD
09-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Marriage has nearly stopped my racing, but i still have the car... just likely wont run a few more years. lmao

Grandpa
09-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Marriage has nearly stopped my racing, but i still have the car... just likely wont run a few more years. lmao

Nearly? It killed your car guy spirit. You're home jerking off, playing with kittens and just trying to piss off your neighbors with that ridiculous stereo!

BERT
10-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Nearly? It killed your car guy spirit. You're home jerking off, playing with kittens and just trying to piss off your neighbors with that ridiculous stereo!

Damn, somebody got called out hard.

Matt, if I'm going to be there Friday night, you need to bring your ass out so I can finally meet the almighty STROKD

46Tbird
10-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Matt, if I'm going to be there Friday night, you need to bring your ass out so I can finally meet the almighty STROKD

I met him a long time ago, back when he drove a cool car.

BERT
10-01-2014, 03:42 PM
i met him a long time ago, back when he drove a cool car.

lol

Grandpa
10-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Damn, somebody got called out hard.

I try to get him to all the time. He's ready to go out on Wednesday, but Friday he's like....meh, battery is dead and I dont' feel like dickin with it. lol

Grandpa
10-01-2014, 03:56 PM
lol

Matt still has one of the cleanest fox vert's in the country. Blown stroker, a full GR40 Griggs suspension and a badass stereo. It needs some work on the stereo and he's just not motivated to work on it. I've tried just about every day to get him motivated. He's good people, just lazy. lol.

Danny on the other hand, has never been anything but a jerk to me.

46Tbird
10-01-2014, 04:50 PM
oh really

Hey, I was wondering what is your suspension setup on your car? I started a search for it cuz I'm sure I saw it somewhere but it's buried under tons of BS I think. Haha.

I think your car sits perfectly on the 20's and I'm curious how you achieved your stance. (If you don't mind sharing that info with me) I watched you drive off leaving the meet and you car looks amazing rolling filling the fenderwells just right. :)

Thanks,

-steve.
LOL, thanks. Eibach Sportlines and a UPR adjustable panhard rod to center the rear end. That's it. Ater 13k miles, the shocks and struts on mine are shot, so I'll be replacing them later this month.

You'll want... no, NEED... to get some better shocks/struts when you do the springs. The '11-12 upper strut mounts are absolute trash, so get some quality aftermarket '05-10 caster/camber plates or at least some beefier '07-10 GT500 upper strut mounts. This will require that you get '05-10 struts, but they work fine, and they are easier to find too.

Sam Strano is well-known for autocross and road race suspension parts for a lot of different cars. He has a SICK deal for S197 Konis right now, take a look at his site. http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbymodel.php?CategoryID=64&ModelID=5

PS, he hates Sportlines. :D I would suggest Steeda Ultralites, I may get a set of them when I do the shocks/struts on my car.

Later-
Danny

Cool deal, I will look into that. Any idea how the ride quality will be that setup? I'm kinda enjoying the nice smooth ride at the moment, it's nice not to be getting the harsh ride for a change. I know I'm getting old when I'm enjoying the quiet cabin ride, smooth ride and the quiet exhaust. lol. A friend of mine showed me how to remove the foam inserts from the cabin hose to allow the motor noise in the cabin. It sounded cool, but it interfered with the Sync at times and with the addition of his loud exhaust, it seemed more like a foxbody after doing all of that which I definetly do not want anymore.

Thanks for your help.

-steve

DirtyD
10-01-2014, 04:51 PM
http://thefamilywicca.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/wpid-1405081789899.jpg

Grandpa
10-01-2014, 05:01 PM
http://thefamilywicca.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/wpid-1405081789899.jpg

LOL, nah, I talk to him almost every day. He'll laugh at it too. I goof on him about his weird cat thing all the time.

JDMLOL
10-02-2014, 08:52 PM
It's been said that every man needs 3 women in his life:

An English housekeeper, an American cook, and a Japanese wife.

Sadly, the best that most of us can get is a Japanese housekeeper, an English cook, and an American wife.

:boxed:

What about a Chinese wife that does all three? Lol.

rriddle3
10-02-2014, 11:33 PM
What about a Chinese wife that does all three? Lol.
Then you're gonna have to quit farting around and get that done.