PDA

View Full Version : Error Code P0030 Heater Control Circuit

Courtesy Flush
10-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Looking for some insight for those of you that have dealt with this code previously or can offer some insight in my problem. P0030 refers to the Heater Control Module from what i understand, but also refers to Bank 1 Sensor 1 more specifically.

My guess is this error came from the high water i ran through in the monsoon that took place last weekend more specifically Sunday.

Im running SW headers so the O2's are moved from the stock location and are roughly 5-6 inches from the ground(not ideal IMO). My first guess was water may have gotten between a connection to the 02's and shorted something out. Fast forward to Tuesday, checked fuse to emissions control and no problems. Put car up on stands and saw no physical damage as well as no water within connections to 02's.

Car was misfiring and generally driving like shit and gas mileage was dropping pretty drastically.
Yesterday i replaced Bank 1 sensor 1 (drivers side) O2 i got from ford. Cleared code and misfiring was gone, but after 20 miles i got the code again.

Dah Fuk is wrong here??

Leave today and would like to put this pos on the rollers Saturday.

Please Advise.

TrueStreetTim
10-03-2012, 10:58 AM
What year?

Courtesy Flush
10-03-2012, 11:24 AM
What year?

you guys did the header install and tune

Courtesy Flush
10-03-2012, 02:03 PM
pulled - terminal to see if that does anything and code ended coming back after 4-5 key cycles and miles.

Car targets AF and idle same as before the CEL.

Im stumped. anyone?

grabberblue50
10-03-2012, 03:56 PM
it is a 02 heater control curcuit bank 1 sensor 1 code. probly caused by the water your talking about if you change sensor and still setting code then it in the harness or the pcm was damaged by water shorting the circuit. one the the wires going to the sensor should have a 5 volt ref and the heater protion should be 12 volts if no voltage keep looking for a blown fuse

grabberblue50
10-03-2012, 04:01 PM
according to alldata check fuse # 49

Courtesy Flush
10-03-2012, 04:08 PM
it is a 02 heater control curcuit bank 1 sensor 1 code. probly caused by the water your talking about if you change sensor and still setting code then it in the harness or the pcm was damaged by water shorting the circuit. one the the wires going to the sensor should have a 5 volt ref and the heater protion should be 12 volts if no voltage keep looking for a blown fuse

Thanks i might have found the problem but ill wait till i get off work to be for sure. I ended up calling a few ppl and all have said never to use the extensions as they are known for causing problems....... I have one on my drivers side so im gonna remove and report back

Courtesy Flush
10-03-2012, 04:11 PM
according to alldata check fuse # 49

Fuse 49 was the first thing i checked and it was all good.

Im betting its the extension that has a short as im getting no data via aeroforce off bank 1.

grabberblue50
10-03-2012, 05:55 PM
oh for sure i had no idea you had harness extensions. i would bet money thats the problem

TrueStreetTim
10-03-2012, 06:20 PM

you guys did the header install and tune

Lol I'm still putting screens with faces.

Yeah if a sensor swap didn't eliminate the problem, but made a positive change (though it was short lived), I'd think the connector or wiring could be faulting the O2. Though I know you mentioned you checked the connector for water.

Courtesy Flush
10-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Lol I'm still putting screens with faces.

Yeah if a sensor swap didn't eliminate the problem, but made a positive change (though it was short lived), I'd think the connector or wiring could be faulting the O2. Though I know you mentioned you checked the connector for water.

Its all good,

UPDATE:
removed o2 extension as i suspected it was the problem, unclipped off the top of the transmission and pulled some slack down. Due to clearances it took me almost an hour to get the damn thing re-connected. Still got the code.

Im now suspecting a fault within the harness somewhere, but i don't have a volt meter.

I get readings on bank 2 but nothing off bank 1, ive covered all diagnostic checks other than checking voltage within the harness or connector as i don't have a volt meter.

Sick of messing with it and there's no way the dealer is gonna touch it this way.
Tim let me know how you guys can help :High 5:

Courtesy Flush
10-11-2012, 10:30 AM
UPDATE:

Cars been down for a little over a week.
To re-cap, my issue has been with bank 1 sensor 1 and getting no reading after i hit some high water. my thoughts on LT headers :shooter:

After i bought a new 02(OEM) and replaced still no dice. Checked all connections and fuse and still nothing. Took this pile to a local shop and had it diagnosed. Turns out the 02 i got from Ford was faulty and upon putting a new 02 in cleared the code right up.

Mission accomplished

Doug1227
10-14-2012, 12:26 PM
Ain't that 'bout a bitch! Glad u got it figured out.