PDA

View Full Version : Procharger on Coyote?

Grandpa
09-30-2012, 04:18 PM
With all the the superchargers mentioned on the site, I realized looking around that no one really mentions the Procharger anymore.

Does anyone have a Procharger, or know someone with one? Any reviews/video with them on our cars?

Just doing a lil research and I'm curious about all the options available.

PLASMAN
09-30-2012, 04:38 PM
I've seen a couple on coyotes over at HPP running 9's. they are beasts

Midnight11
09-30-2012, 04:40 PM
i know one guy who is running their system :D

Grandpa
09-30-2012, 04:40 PM
i know one guy who is running their system :D

Spill it, punk.

Midnight11
09-30-2012, 04:41 PM
ill let him tell you. this is why you need a fb lol

Grandpa
09-30-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm just looking for more information on them on our cars specifically. A good friend of mine had a F1A on his 2V car which made 600rw on pump gas which is good power for a lame 2V motor. Before that he had a P1SC that ate itself at 450rw. lol.

I saw a video on YouTube saying that they didn't have to cut anything on the bumper for the intercooler with the Procharger kit. I wonder what the difference is between the Vortech cooler and the Procharger is.

I'm wondering how much the intercooler sitting in front of the radatior impedes airflow effecting under the hood air temps. Also, the air filter placement under the hood has me concerned, I'm wondering how it's getting cool air being back by the firewall?

Toby
09-30-2012, 05:18 PM
I will be installing one here soon. They make really good power on these cars. As most know they act like a turbo in the sense they make really good mid - top end power. Procharger is my personal power adder of choice. Imo procharger is a much better option over vortech. I have seen more power out of procharger over vortech apple's to apple's. There is cutting of the bumper to install them. Also I have heard of no issues with heating even in stop and go Texas heat.

Grandpa
09-30-2012, 05:20 PM
I will be installing one here soon. They make really good power on these cars. As most know they act like a turbo in the sense they make really good mid - top end power. Procharger is my personal power adder of choice. Imo procharger is a much better option over vortech. I have seen more power out of procharger over vortech apple's to apple's.

What do you like more about the Procharger over the Vortech?

DirtyD
09-30-2012, 05:22 PM
There are a few PC guys over on SVTP, aren't there?

whiteboy
09-30-2012, 05:23 PM
I'm just looking for more information on them on our cars specifically. A good friend of mine had a F1A on his 2V car which made 600rw on pump gas which is good power for a lame 2V motor. Before that he had a P1SC that ate itself at 450rw. lol.

I saw a video on YouTube saying that they didn't have to cut anything on the bumper for the intercooler with the Procharger kit. I wonder what the difference is between the Vortech cooler and the Procharger is.

I'm wondering how much the intercooler sitting in front of the radatior impedes airflow effecting under the hood air temps. Also, the air filter placement under the hood has me concerned, I'm wondering how it's getting cool air being back by the firewall?

I know of a shop thats doing the install of a Procharger next week stage 2 kit on a 5.0

I wish i could afford one.

Grandpa
09-30-2012, 05:26 PM
i know of a shop thats doing the install of a procharger next week stage 2 kit on a 5.0

i wish i could afford one.

lol!

Grandpa
09-30-2012, 05:31 PM
There are a few PC guys over on SVTP, aren't there?

Yeah, but most people are into just bragging about peak dyno numbers and not really discussing the technical stuff about the kits(probably cuz they don't know anything). I'd like to see a local one for myself to check it out. TS is a Procharger dealer and realized I hadn't seen much on these cars with them.

I loved my Vortech, it never gave me a single problem in the years I had it. It was really a set it and forget it type setup that was a lot of fun.

Toby
09-30-2012, 06:01 PM
What do you like more about the Procharger over the Vortech?

On a street driven car, I prefer the a/a intercooler rather then the a/w. The ease of installationis much better then vortech. Out of the kits I have installed the procharger brackets are much stronger one piece design.

Grandpa
09-30-2012, 06:06 PM
On a street driven car, I prefer the a/a intercooler rather then the a/w. The ease of installationis much better then vortech. Out of the kits I have installed the procharger brackets are much stronger one piece design.

You don't find the placement of the intake on the Procharger a concern?

Phuck Phace
09-30-2012, 07:03 PM
I know that TS is throwing a stage II kit with a D1 on a California Special in a few weeks.
True Story

BLK2012GT
09-30-2012, 09:00 PM
I know that TS is throwing a stage II kit with a D1 on a California Special in a few weeks.
True Story

God I hope you won't be driving that thing drunk when that is done.

Grandpa
09-30-2012, 09:19 PM
True Story

So I heard.. ;)

Tru dat. Drunk driving is never cool, but it's even more dumb in a 600rw car.

Phuck Phace
09-30-2012, 09:44 PM
So I heard.. ;)

Yeah, time to party less and work on makin more moneys instead.:hump:

Grandpa
09-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah, time to party less and work on makin more moneys instead.:hump:

Bro, we are practically neighbors. If you EVER need a ride, call me and I will come get you. That's what buddies are for. :)

Phuck Phace
09-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Bro, we are practically neighbors. If you EVER need a ride, call me and I will come get you. That's what buddies are for. :)

:cheers:

Toby
09-30-2012, 10:01 PM
You don't find the placement of the intake on the Procharger a concern?

No, the air flow under the hood of cars these days, help with that much better then before. Procharger does extensive testing with their kits. If it were hurting im sure they would change the design.

Toby
09-30-2012, 10:01 PM
So I heard.. ;)

600????

:smiley-face-popcorn

BLK2012GT
09-30-2012, 10:12 PM
600????

Just make sure my car makes more then David after your done with the cams swap.

Phuck Phace
09-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Just make sure my car makes more then David after your done with the cams swap.

LMAO, should be a good race...

...till your bottle runs out. :winner_second_h4h:

BLK2012GT
09-30-2012, 10:27 PM

It will never run out. I'm going to get two of the big ones.

whiteboy
09-30-2012, 11:32 PM
lol!

Whats funny?

03MachMe
10-01-2012, 12:17 AM

same here!

Grandpa
10-01-2012, 01:02 AM

He wins at the track, you murder him on the street.

Bottles are for babies..

BLK2012GT
10-01-2012, 06:18 PM

Bottles are for babies..

And the track is the only thing that matters right?!?!?

Phuck Phace
10-01-2012, 07:08 PM

Bottles are for babies..

A pulley change can fix that.

Do you live your life a quarter mile at a time, Vin?

Grandpa
10-01-2012, 08:16 PM

I dunno about you, but my car sees the street more than the track. I doubt i will ever run this car at the track as a matter of fact. Lol

downtime!
10-02-2012, 02:21 AM
I dunno about you, but my car sees the street more than the track. I doubt i will ever run this car at the track as a matter of fact. LolI said those very words when I first got mine. Then I took it anyway and ran 13 flat bone stock. Too much fun not to keep going at that point.

JDBishopArts
10-02-2012, 07:37 AM
Personally, I've never been a fan of centrifugal type superchargers. If I ever put F/I on mine I'll get a Whipple or a Turbo.

Phuck Phace
10-02-2012, 08:27 AM
same here!

Personally, I've never been a fan of centrifugal type superchargers. If I ever put F/I on mine I'll get a Whipple or a Turbo.
You will go turbo but not centri?

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 12:13 PM
A pulley change can fix that.

Do you live your life a quarter mile at a time, Vin?

And I pill change will beat out your pulley change.:favorites37:

JDBishopArts
10-02-2012, 12:51 PM

You will go turbo but not centri?

Unless I go big and get an F1 I most likely will not go centri. The F1 shouldn't have any problems getting spooled up with the high revving 5.0. Turbos will take less power to make power, which makes them more efficient, seem to produce more torque (less engine strain) with a broader usable power band. Not to mention the sound it makes is sent from the God's. To me the whistle from the Centri's is just annoying. Unless it's the F1 which sounds like a jet.

Not knocking the centri's at all. They are great for making power, easy to install/tune and are pretty affordable. I feel like if I just wanted that I'd put a bottle on it. The TVS or Whipple has the fun factor low end punch.

All just my opinions.

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 01:01 PM
I said those very words when I first got mine. Then I took it anyway and ran 13 flat bone stock. Too much fun not to keep going at that point.

Years ago I was a track rat taking my fox coupe to the track. No doubt about it, it was fun, but it was also expensive because that was where I broke shit. hahaha. But even more so, it was a lot of time which I don't have anymore.

Centri blowers are fun too. It just depends on how you are using them. I had a Vortech on my 93 Cobra and it was a lot of fun to drive. It MPH'd really well, just really had to spin some RPM to do it. I understand your point though, after driving the 98, it's really hard not to love the instant torque of a PD blower.It was a stupid amount of fun when I got that car tuned right. lol.

KB/Roush - Pro: instant torque powerband. Near silent stealth like sound to it.

Con: At least $2500 more expensive than a Vortech. KB's customer service is less than stellar. I've never had either one to know how long it's going to last. More difficult to install.

Vortech - Pro: I've owned before. Dead reliable for thousands of miles. Much cheaper and easier to install.

Con: A lil loud, builds boost as RPM climbs rather than instant boost of a roots blower.

Right now, I keep going back and forth which way to go but I've got plenty of time to make that decision. lol.

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 01:06 PM
And I pill change will beat out your pulley change.:favorites37:

Nitrous you have to constantly monitor bottle pressure and temps, how much juice in the bottle, there is no feathering juice, it's either on or off and juice runs out.

Boost is always on tap, ready to go.

Eventually you will swap to boost when you get tired of getting drug by boosted cars and dealing with the complications of having a bottled street car. Mark my words. ;)

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Unless I go big and get an F1 I most likely will not go centri. The F1 shouldn't have any problems getting spooled up with the high revving 5.0. Turbos will take less power to make power, which makes them more efficient, seem to produce more torque (less engine strain) with a broader usable power band. Not to mention the sound it makes is sent from the God's. To me the whistle from the Centri's is just annoying. Unless it's the F1 which sounds like a jet.

Not knocking the centri's at all. They are great for making power, easy to install/tune and are pretty affordable. I feel like if I just wanted that I'd put a bottle on it. The TVS or Whipple has the fun factor low end punch.

All just my opinions.

Take it from me, while the F series head units sound insane, that fun last for all of a few weeks then you are just downright fucking annoyed by it. My buddy Donnie had a F1A on his car and it sounded like a gawd damn jet plane. It was cool at first, but then cruising anywhere with him after while just gave me a headache cuz it was SO loud. His wife wouldn't even ride in the car with him. lol.

Phuck Phace
10-02-2012, 01:12 PM

All just my opinions.

Yeah, my original plan was to go with TT kit that KenB is working on but that was a little out of my budget and I didn't want to wait much longer.

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Nitrous you have to constantly monitor bottle pressure and temps, how much juice in the bottle, there is no feathering juice, it's either on or off and juice runs out.

Boost is always on tap, ready to go.

Eventually you will swap to boost when you get tired of getting drug by boosted cars and dealing with the complications of having a bottled street car. Mark my words. ;)

Shiiiiiiiiittttt I will never get rid of the nitrous. But I will get a blower or turbo.

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Yeah, my original plan was to go with TT kit that KenB is working on but that was a little out of my budget and I didn't want to wait much longer.

You can switch it later down the road and probably sell your Procharger for a fair price to someone. Just enjoy it for awhile cuz I know you are going to have a blast with that thing! :)

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Shiiiiiiiiittttt I will never get rid of the nitrous. But I will get a blower or turbo.

Now that is a solid idea. Will (Junkie) always runs boosted setups assisted by nitrous and his cars are always insanely fast. His CTS-V is downright nasty!

Phuck Phace
10-02-2012, 01:22 PM
You can switch it later down the road and probably sell your Procharger for a fair price to someone. Just enjoy it for awhile cuz I know you are going to have a blast with that thing! :)

My goal it to have 800hp by this time next year so I guess next is a built motor and more bewst.

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 01:26 PM
My goal it to have 800hp by this time next year so I guess next is a built motor and more bewst.

That might be doable with a D1, but you will most likely be overspinning the shit out of it. lol.

JDBishopArts
10-02-2012, 02:21 PM

Yeah that's the only bad part about Turbos. Money and Maintenance. Which hopefully by the time I'm ready for that amount of power in this car I'll have plenty of $ to not care about either.

Steve, from some of the research I've done it seems like the paxton systems are making the best power for a centri. I'd still go bottle/tvs or whipple/turbo.

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeah that's the only bad part about Turbos. Money and Maintenance. Which hopefully by the time I'm ready for that amount of power in this car I'll have plenty of $ to not care about either.

Steve, from some of the research I've done it seems like the paxton systems are making the best power for a centri. I'd still go bottle/tvs or whipple/turbo.

Paxton's certainly have the most potential for growth later down the road if a built motor, full fuel system etc. are in order.

As we discussed before, after that last car, I know exactly what I want right now and what will work best for me. The last thing I want right now is an insane high horsepower with race car like problems.

Simple blower bolt on power will be more than enough to have fun with cruising around with little bursts here and there and be dependable. 600rw will be alot fun to cruise around. lol.

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Paxton's certainly have the most potential for growth later down the road if a built motor, full fuel system etc. are in order.

As we discussed before, after that last car, I know exactly what I want right now and what will work best for me. The last thing I want right now is an insane high horsepower with race car like problems.

Simple blower bolt on power will be more than enough to have fun with cruising around with little bursts here and there and be dependable. 600rw will be alot fun to cruise around. lol.

LOL you talk about 600 rwhp and you haven't even changed out your stock exhaust yet.:win:

Midnight11
10-02-2012, 03:31 PM
LOL you talk about 600 rwhp and you haven't even changed out your stock exhaust yet.:win:

bahaha this just made me bust out laughing

TrueStreetTim
10-02-2012, 03:33 PM
That might be doable with a D1, but you will most likely be overspinning the shit out of it. lol.

Procharger states the D1 makes 925+ chp. Overspinning the D1, their making 900+ to the ground. The D1 is definitely capable of 800whp and still remain within its designed impeller speed.

JDBishopArts
10-02-2012, 03:40 PM
Throw a bottle on that B and call it a day.

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 03:46 PM

Well, I guess I could have just run out and bought the first busted, played out wheels I could buy in order just to throw parts at my car like you did...

I just did some nice wheels, tires and suspension. I was asked to chill on my car until Christmas so family actually had some ideas to buy me for Christmas rather than buying everything leaving them out of it. lol.

Procharger states the D1 makes 925+ chp. Over-spinning the D1, their making 900+ to the ground. The D1 is definitely capable of 800whp and still remain within its designed impeller speed.

Respectfully, I'd have to see that to believe it. Procharger over the years has been a lil notorious for their overzealous claims of power. Overspinning a centri blower on a car that mainly a street car is a bad idea because the head units won't last very long.

I had my Vortech 7 years and never had a single problem with it. Meanwhile I had several friends who had Procharger units who had to either rebuild their headunits, or replace them entirely because it ate itself. Granted, this was several years ago and Procharger quality could be greatly improved by now which was the reason for me starting this thread if anyone had some first hand experience with new units on the Coyote motor.

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Well, I guess I could have just run out and bought the first busted, played out wheels I could buy in order just to throw parts at my car like you did...

I just did some nice wheels, tires and suspension. I was asked to chill on my car until Christmas so family actually had some ideas to buy me for Christmas rather than buying everything leaving them out of it. lol.

Respectfully, I'd have to see that to believe it. Procharger over the years has been a lil notorious for their overzealous claims of power. Overspinning a centri blower on a car that mainly a street car is a bad idea because the head units won't last very long.

I had my Vortech 7 years and never had a single problem with it. Meanwhile I had several friends who had Procharger units who had to either rebuild their headunits, or replace them entirely because it ate itself. Granted, this was several years ago and Procharger quality could be greatly improved by now which was the reason for me starting this thread if anyone had some first hand experience with new units on the Coyote motor.

Don't care about what my wheels look like cause you will only see the rear tires cause of my go fast goodies.

Midnight11
10-02-2012, 03:49 PM
^boom

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Don't care about what my wheels look like cause you will only see the rear tires cause of my go fast goodies.

You have to be fast when your car is that ugly, you don't want to be seen in it! lol. :win:

I'm okay being slow, because I look good doing it. :D

Phuck Phace
10-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Meanwhile I had several friends who had Procharger units who had to either rebuild their headunits, or replace them entirely because it ate itself.

Shit I don't want it anymore now, gonna order an electric supercharger off of ebay instead.

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 03:56 PM
You have to be fast when your car is that ugly, you don't want to be seen in it! lol. :win:

I'm okay being slow, because I look good doing it. :D

Yeah I know my car isn't ugly. Hell it won that car show at five star ford in plano.

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Shit I don't want it anymore now, gonna order an electric supercharger off of ebay instead.

I'm not doggin your build bro. The purpose of the thread was to get more current info on the Procharger systems. My experience with them hasn't been totally positive in the past, but everyone improves with time, well usually. lol.

I'm open to anything, I just like to do my research on anything I do before doing it.

From past experience, what usually happened is the Procharger didn't make the initial power as advertised just bolting on in stock form. You call back to tech to find out what's up, they start pushing add on sales with more pullies, more boost. You're already in $5k deep, might as well try to pulley it up, right? Then it ends up overspinning it, more heat and blowing out the seals in the headunit. A certain P1SC completely ate itself, broke the impellar and pieces blew back into the motor causing a complete failure. Very, very expensive mistake. Ouch..

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 04:04 PM
I think you were doggin his build. :smiley-face-popcorn

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 04:07 PM
I think you were doggin his build. :smiley-face-popcorn

Quit stirrin the pot. I think you are confused which board you are on.. lol.

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Quit stirrin the pot. I think you are confused which board you are on.. lol.

Don't know whatcha talkin about:)

TrueStreetTim
10-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Respectfully, I'd have to see that to believe it.

I agree! That's what we're here for :High 5:

Overspinning a centri blower on a car that mainly a street car is a bad idea because the head units won't last very long.

FYI folks, overspinning takes place when the impeller speed is driven beyond it's original design and is no longer within it's efficiency. Not to be confused with the term "out of blower" (which is @100%). We have no plans to "overspin" (beyond 100%) the D1, my friend, and we'll get what we get when the time comes. Your absolutely correct that overspinning is a bad idea for longevity!

Midnight11
10-02-2012, 04:12 PM
TLv2AaXBzLA

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 04:16 PM
TLv2AaXBzLA

That's what my car is going to do with cams.:win:

Phuck Phace
10-02-2012, 04:17 PM
TLv2AaXBzLA

He ended up upgrading to an F1 and an aluminator I believe, badass setup though similar to mine minus the A/W intercooler. I'm not trying to run 9s though, I just want to be able to run from the police.

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 04:19 PM
For the record, this thread was NOT about David's car or questioning TS's integrity. I recently had a conversation on the phone with Clint disucussing applications and he mentioned the shop is also a Procharger dealer in addition to KenneBell. I hadn't heard anything recently about Procharger on our cars, so I thought I would ask here. That's kinda the point of places like, right? :)

I had a Vortech'd 93 Cobra on a stock block making over 500rw for many years. Everyone will tell you it's a ticking time bomb anything over 500rw on the stock block. I know how to make a car live a long time, it's all in the tune and treating it right. Overspinning is a very common mistake with centri cars because RPM is what makes boost, so naturally people tend to rev the shit out of them. The key is having the car run with how you intend to drive it, within it's efficiency range.

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 04:21 PM
For the record, this thread was NOT about David's car or questioning TS's integrity. I recently had a conversation on the phone with Clint disucussing applications and he mentioned the shop is also a Procharger dealer in addition to KenneBell. I hadn't heard anything recently about Procharger on our cars, so I thought I would ask here. That's kinda the point of places like, right? :)

I had a Vortech'd 93 Cobra on a stock block making over 500rw for many years. Everyone will tell you it's a ticking time bomb anything over 500rw on the stock block. I know how to make a car live a long time, it's all in the tune and treating it right. Overspinning is a very common mistake with centri cars because RPM is what makes boost, so naturally people tend to rev the shit out of them. The key is having the car run with how you intend to drive it, within it's efficiency range.

BUUUULLLLLLLSSSSHHHHIIIITTTT:smiley-face-popcorn

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 04:22 PM
He ended up upgrading to an F1 and an aluminator I believe, badass setup though similar to mine minus the A/W intercooler. I'm not trying to run 9s though, I just want to be able to run from the police.

Your car is also a six speed. Boost will drop off on each shift momentarily.

140mph is phuckin movin!

JDBishopArts
10-02-2012, 04:27 PM
Steve's car has springs? I just thought he sat it in and it sqashed the regular springs?

http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/d4/d4bacacf_rimshot.png

http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot&play=true

TrueStreetTim
10-02-2012, 04:28 PM
Beaut! An auto too.

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 04:31 PM
BUUUULLLLLLLSSSSHHHHIIIITTTT:smiley-face-popcorn

Feel free to ask Clint if we talked on the phone about it. :)

Steve's car has springs? I just thought he sat it in and it sqashed the regular springs?

http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/d4/d4bacacf_rimshot.png

http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=rimshot&play=true

Pipe down Rosie O'Donnell.

TrueStreetTim
10-02-2012, 04:33 PM
For the record, this thread was NOT about David's car or questioning TS's integrity. I recently had a conversation on the phone with Clint disucussing applications and he mentioned the shop is also a Procharger dealer in addition to KenneBell. I hadn't heard anything recently about Procharger on our cars, so I thought I would ask here. That's kinda the point of places like, right?

No record needed, Stevie! I never once took anything wrong (if you thought so). Solid questions and solid thread! I hoped to be as informative as I could in answering them while bringing other facts to light!

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 04:34 PM
No record needed, Stevie! I never once took anything wrong (if you thought so). Solid questions and solid thread! I hoped to be as informative as I could in answering them while bringing other facts to light!

LMAO Stevie. Yup that's what I'm going to call him from now on.:favorites37:

Phuck Phace
10-02-2012, 04:34 PM
"Bitches got jokes" -Stormtrooper

This thread got funny, I like the chaos.

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 04:36 PM
"Bitches got jokes" -Stormtrooper

This thread got funny, I like the chaos.

Nick started it.

TrueStreetTim
10-02-2012, 04:39 PM

lol oops. Not my intent! Sorry, Stevie...shit... Steve! :boxed:

Now back OT lol!

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 04:41 PM

Ok, Jeffery. lol

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Ok, Jeffery. lol

Hey!!! If you're going to say it at least spell it right

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 04:42 PM
lol oops. Not my intent! Sorry, Stevie...shit... Steve! :boxed:

You've been guaranteed an armbar now...

JDBishopArts
10-02-2012, 04:46 PM
AHhh crap. We already turned into the other site. lol

Phuck Phace
10-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrmmm mmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 04:47 PM

Yeah cause we have a armbar tag. lol

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 04:50 PM

Not hardly.

No DUI threads.

No FTP thread.

No angry preaching to choir religious/political threads.

No one has been beat up here on camera, but Jeff and Tim are both working on that one... lol. :favorites37:

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Not hardly.

No DUI threads.

No FTP thread.

No angry preaching to choir religious/political threads.

No one has been beat up here on camera, but Jeff and Tim are both working on that one... lol. :favorites37:

Awww don't be mad Stevie:win:

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 04:52 PM
Awww don't be mad Stevie:win:

Pipe down Sasquatch.

BLK2012GT
10-02-2012, 04:54 PM
What happen to the tag?

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 04:57 PM
What happen to the tag?

I deleted it. Nick was suppose to turn them off, I guess he forgot. We don't want to encourage the trolls.

TrueStreetTim
10-02-2012, 05:43 PM
I deleted it. Nick was suppose to turn them off, I guess he forgot. We don't want to encourage the trolls.

Noice!

Doug1227
10-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Steve, I'm on the fence between KB and Hellion Twin right now. Having had both before, I LOVE the instatorque on the street. Makes the car feel like a big block! Price is a little more for the turbo, but since I'll be going with the tuner kits, it's only about $1k difference. I'm a little concerned about the oil pump gears as well and will probably have to figure that into my budget. Keeping my fingers crossed that our bonuses are good to me this year!

Toby
10-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Having a tremendous amount of experience installing everything from small 2.1 kb's all the way up to the newest prototype 4.2l kb, from a basic bare bones non ic vortech to an f1 with huge custom a/a intercooler, and everything in between. I will say that hands down, speaking in terms of bolt on kits that are not custom built, a procharger is the easiest blower to install. I am yet to install a paxton on a new 5.0, but from what I have seen the paxton is the worst performing centri kit on the new 5.0. The biggest advantage to procharger, is the ability to easily upgrade later to a larger blower for a small amount of money. I have seen a new 5.0 make over 800 rwhp using a p1 with a small intercooler sprayer on a terrible air conditions day. One main advantage to a centri with a/a intercooling is the ability to perform back to back hits without the major heat soak and power loss as with twin screws or centri's with a/w intercoolers.

I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that at least half the cases of blowers coming apart or troubles with blowers, are the owners not changing the oil in the headunit. It is required to change the oil every 6k miles using only the recommended oil. IMO there is 0 excuses to over spin a blower. If you are at or near the limits of the blower impeller speed, upgrade to the next size blower or stick to the same power.

Turbos are another great power adder, but with that you run into problems with heat, and troubles sometimes finding a good location to route the pipes. Turbo kits are almost always the most difficult power adder to install. Having built simple bolt on kits all the way to full on custom twin 1000+ rwhp cars, personally I am not a turbo fan. For all out power and drag, it is a great power adder.

I hope this brings a little insight to the thread, and answers a few questions some of you may have!

Grandpa
10-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Having a tremendous amount of experience installing everything from small 2.1 kb's all the way up to the newest prototype 4.2l kb, from a basic bare bones non ic vortech to an f1 with huge custom a/a intercooler, and everything in between. I will say that hands down, speaking in terms of bolt on kits that are not custom built, a procharger is the easiest blower to install. I am yet to install a paxton on a new 5.0, but from what I have seen the paxton is the worst performing centri kit on the new 5.0. The biggest advantage to procharger, is the ability to easily upgrade later to a larger blower for a small amount of money. I have seen a new 5.0 make over 800 rwhp using a p1 with a small intercooler sprayer on a terrible air conditions day. One main advantage to a centri with a/a intercooling is the ability to perform back to back hits without the major heat soak and power loss as with twin screws or centri's with a/w intercoolers.

I would be willing to go out on a limb and say that at least half the cases of blowers coming apart or troubles with blowers, are the owners not changing the oil in the headunit. It is required to change the oil every 6k miles using only the recommended oil. IMO there is 0 excuses to over spin a blower. If you are at or near the limits of the blower impeller speed, upgrade to the next size blower or stick to the same power.

Turbos are another great power adder, but with that you run into problems with heat, and troubles sometimes finding a good location to route the pipes. Turbo kits are almost always the most difficult power adder to install. Having built simple bolt on kits all the way to full on custom twin 1000+ rwhp cars, personally I am not a turbo fan. For all out power and drag, it is a great power adder.

I hope this brings a little insight to the thread, and answers a few questions some of you may have!

Did you type that correctly - 800rw out of P1SC? On a mod motor?

whiteboy
10-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Steve i took this picture today of one being installed P1sc stage 2 kit

Going on the rollers in the AM

Agian i wish i could afford one.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o78/ShananoganH/50procharged.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o78/ShananoganH/201150pro.jpg

Grandpa
10-03-2012, 12:02 AM
I laughed earlier in the thread at your comment wishing you could afford one because I know you can. Post up the numbers after you get your car dyno'd in the morning with that thing. :)

whiteboy
10-03-2012, 12:03 AM
I laughed earlier in the thread at your comment wishing you could afford one because I know you can. Post up the numbers after you get your car dyno'd in the morning with that thing. :)

I'm poor steve.

Phuck Phace
10-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Ahhh very nice.

Grandpa
10-03-2012, 12:34 AM
I'm poor steve.

Not hardly. lol.

whiteboy
10-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Not hardly. lol.

compared to you im dirt poor buddy.

Grandpa
10-03-2012, 12:59 AM
compared to you im dirt poor buddy.

LOL, riiiight.

I may not be wealthy by monetary standards, but I've got an awesome wife, a beautiful little girl both whom are happy , healthy and that makes me the richest guy I know. :)

The money thing, lets just say we're working on it with something cool coming up. :)

46Tbird
10-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Man, you guys must all be rich!

Toby
10-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Did you type that correctly - 800rw out of P1SC? On a mod motor?

yes 800 rwhp, but keep in mind it had a nitrous spray bar intercooler sprayer.. iats were probably in the 30's-40's which net huge power numbers, and he was running c16.

Grandpa
10-03-2012, 08:53 PM
yes 800 rwhp, but keep in mind it had a nitrous spray bar intercooler sprayer.. iats were probably in the 30's-40's which net huge power numbers, and he was running c16.

That makes a bit more sense then and even then it's still a lil hard to believe. The P1SC at max flows 1200cfm with a max impellar speed of 65krpms. It just can't physically flow that much air in a efficient manner. It would have a thumbnail up top and a wagon wheel on bottom. No WAY will that puny P1SC live very long under those conditions, especially on a street car. Time bomb waiting to happen in my opinion.

Toby
10-04-2012, 09:23 PM
That makes a bit more sense then and even then it's still a lil hard to believe. The P1SC at max flows 1200cfm with a max impellar speed of 65krpms. It just can't physically flow that much air in a efficient manner. It would have a thumbnail up top and a wagon wheel on bottom. No WAY will that puny P1SC live very long under those conditions, especially on a street car. Time bomb waiting to happen in my opinion.

Yes you are correct. He ended up killing cylinder 8 and had to sell the blower to pay for a new motor. Only had it at that level for maybe 100 miles. I believe he is selling the car now.

Phuck Phace
10-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Who the fuck yall talkin about?

Grandpa
10-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Who the fuck yall talkin about?

I don't know who he is specifically talking about. I'm talking about the the blowers themselves. Blowers should not be overspun on a every day street car because it will not survive long, especially the P1SC.

whiteboy
10-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Mine runs good.

Doug1227
10-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Oh fess up Jeremy! What'd it make?

Dan12GT
10-08-2012, 06:12 PM
I'll go blower years down the line. I still think my near stock car is fast! Good discussion though glad to see True Street chime in with some good information as well.

blownaltered
11-07-2012, 11:02 PM
Take it from me, while the F series head units sound insane, that fun last for all of a few weeks then you are just downright fucking annoyed by it. My buddy Donnie had a F1A on his car and it sounded like a gawd damn jet plane. It was cool at first, but then cruising anywhere with him after while just gave me a headache cuz it was SO loud. His wife wouldn't even ride in the car with him. lol.

I can't argue with this. The f1a with the race blow off valve was ridiculously loud. Never bugged me in the car but I never heard it driving down the road from the outside until I sold it. You could here it from miles away it was stupid. Would not recommend an f1 for a street car. You will notice most guys that get them eventually sell them and go turbo. They want the power just not all the damn noise. If I had to do that car all over again it would have been a turbo car.

Grandpa
11-08-2012, 12:01 AM
I can't argue with this. The f1a with the race blow off valve was ridiculously loud. Never bugged me in the car but I never heard it driving down the road from the outside until I sold it. You could here it from miles away it was stupid. Would not recommend an f1 for a street car. You will notice most guys that get them eventually sell them and go turbo. They want the power just not all the damn noise. If I had to do that car all over again it would have been a turbo car.

Welcome to the board Donnie. :)

GunsUp
11-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Not to change the subject but is anybody on here running a nitrous setup yet?

TrueStreetTim
11-08-2012, 12:45 PM

http://www.dfw50s.com/member.php?u=10

Grandpa
11-08-2012, 01:00 PM

Yup, Jeff is. It's slow. :win:

Phuck Phace
11-08-2012, 01:04 PM

True story.

BLK2012GT
11-08-2012, 02:27 PM

True story.

yup:win:

GunsUp
11-08-2012, 02:50 PM
yup:win:

What size shot you running? Would it make Vin Diesel jealous...

Grandpa
11-08-2012, 05:32 PM
What size shot you running? Would it make Vin Diesel jealous...

He's got two bottles..two of the big ones and Clint, he needs them by tonight. :win:

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
He's got two bottles..two of the big ones and Clint, he needs them by tonight. :win:

Wait till you see what were doing now :favorites37:

Grandpa
11-08-2012, 05:48 PM
You know, I never did recieve a price on a D1SC setup to compare to the Vortech/Paxton price. What does the Procharger cost?

GunsUp
11-08-2012, 06:51 PM

Amateurs don't use Nitrous Oxide!

BLK2012GT
11-09-2012, 02:19 AM
I sure hope I can do a 1/4 mile faster then they do in the first race of that movie. I think it took them a min to do a 1/4 mile and they were going 160 plus mph.

Grandpa
11-09-2012, 02:43 AM
I think he shifted like 8 times too. lol.

TrueStreetTim
11-09-2012, 01:35 PM
You know, I never did recieve a price on a D1SC setup to compare to the Vortech/Paxton price. What does the Procharger cost?

You sure about this? :Frustrated:

What shall we discuss? You talking 2200SL Vs D1? What are you interested in and what kind of power? We'll talk price differences later...GO!

Toby
11-09-2012, 11:34 PM

procharger... all others :biggun:

/thread

Grandpa
11-10-2012, 12:12 AM
procharger... all others :biggun:

/thread

I disagree.

STROKD
11-10-2012, 12:57 AM
I like my Vortechs but that's for non mod motors... Id prob do a big KB on a 5.0 like Manny's car. Seems to run VERY well and not have any issues with it.

I just dont like Prochargers much, the fast ones are noisy as fuck, and the quiet ones are slow as fuck.

Grandpa
11-10-2012, 11:27 AM
I like my Vortechs but that's for non mod motors... Id prob do a big KB on a 5.0 like Manny's car. Seems to run VERY well and not have any issues with it.

I just dont like Prochargers much, the fast ones are noisy as fuck, and the quiet ones are slow as fuck.

You mean other than that whole blowing up the motor thing, right? lol.

Bolting on a Vortech/Paxton on a 5.0 with exhaust and tune typically yields around 600rw/480tq which plenty for most normal car guys. Your perspective on what is "fast" is really skewed from most normal people because you had that kind of power back when it wasn't the normal. Think about it for a moment though, an almost stock 5.0 with a blower can make the power that Strokd'd did back in the day with stock like driving manners. That's pretty impressive if you ask me.

I'm not interested in having a big horsepower car like you. Look what its done for you, your car hasn't run in over 5 years and that sucks! All the big power cars rarely run right, run for very long or are broken more often than they run. I'll stick with my "slow" car that I can drive everyday having fun and enjoying my car rather than building some big power monster that you might eventually get to race for some lame ass bragging rights and wasting a shitload of money. You can keep that bullshit. lmao.

Toby
11-10-2012, 01:20 PM
I disagree.

My experience, apples for apples I have seen prochargers make more power everywhere over all other centri blowers.

Should have been more specific on my last post, Prochargers > all other centri blowers. Look at all the really fast cars running blowers, all of them have prochargers. Many many cars running mid to low 4's in the 1/8 using prochargers.

Just my opinion.

46Tbird
11-10-2012, 01:33 PM
There is a stock Coyote with a Boss intake and a PAXTON (lol!!) making 759/593 with ID1100s and a BAP. That's with pump gas on 12lbs.

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93157

It's probably a ticking time bomb like the rest of the 650+hp coyotes, but damn...

Phuck Phace
11-10-2012, 04:22 PM
I like my D1 and it isn't loud. I have heard a few with the straight cut gears and to me it sounds like shit. The fan that came with the kit is louder than the blower.

TrueStreetTim
11-10-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm not interested in having a big horsepower car like you.

Then Vortech/Paxton may be the kit for you. It's hands down the cheaper of the kits. But there is a reason for that of course.

Paxtons advertised hp numbers are typically at the crank and you pay extra for a proper CAI to gain an additional 20-30hp (example http://tiny.cc/1d0knw). Their intercooler is less efficient than Procharger as well. By roughly the 3rd pass, Charger to Paxton, the charger will be consistently quicker back-to-back. Paxtons brackets etc. are simple by design but difficult to install. Both manufacturers offer standard warranties but as far as upgraded warranties go....Procharger's warranty options are sick!

In the end, it all comes down to your interests (what you can & can't live with) goals, and ultimately....your budget.

There is a stock Coyote with a Boss intake and a PAXTON (lol!!) making 759/593 with ID1100s and a BAP. That's with pump gas on 12lbs.

I can't open that thread. Which blower is it?

Grandpa
11-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Then Vortech/Paxton may be the kit for you. It's hands down the cheaper of the kits. But there is a reason for that of course.

Paxtons advertised hp numbers are typically at the crank and you pay extra for a proper CAI to gain an additional 20-30hp (example http://tiny.cc/1d0knw). Their intercooler is less efficient than Procharger as well. By roughly the 3rd pass, Charger to Paxton, the charger will be consistently quicker back-to-back. Paxtons brackets etc. are simple by design but difficult to install. Both manufacturers offer standard warranties but as far as upgraded warranties go....Procharger's warranty options are sick!

In the end, it all comes down to your interests (what you can & can't live with) goals, and ultimately....your budget.

I can't open that thread. Which blower is it?

Well, I'm open to the Procharger which is why I asked for the price. I'm just not interested in the P1SC headunit though just the D1 like on David's car. I looked at David's car and it looks and sounds good.

The blower Danny is referring to is the Paxton 2200. It's making over 1000rw on Beefcake's street car. It's an excellent option as a base bolt on blower that gives lots of room to grow.

TrueStreetTim
11-20-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm just not interested in the P1SC headunit

I can't remember the last P1 kit we sold. The chump change it costs to upgrade to the D1 is always a no-brainer.

Grandpa
11-20-2012, 12:19 PM
I can't remember the last P1 kit we sold. The chump change it costs to upgrade to the D1 is always a no-brainer.

Yup. :poker:

whiteboy
11-26-2012, 11:05 PM
Yup. :poker:

Mine works great. Need to take the 410's out very violent on the street

LilWhite
12-29-2012, 06:11 AM
Mine works great. Need to take the 410's out very violent on the street

What did it make? Im trying to work out a deal on a stage 2 p1sc kit over on svt. I want over 600whp out of it...

ProCharge5.0
01-04-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm not doggin your build bro. The purpose of the thread was to get more current info on the Procharger systems. My experience with them hasn't been totally positive in the past, but everyone improves with time, well usually. lol.

I'm open to anything, I just like to do my research on anything I do before doing it.

From past experience, what usually happened is the Procharger didn't make the initial power as advertised just bolting on in stock form. You call back to tech to find out what's up, they start pushing add on sales with more pullies, more boost. You're already in $5k deep, might as well try to pulley it up, right? Then it ends up overspinning it, more heat and blowing out the seals in the headunit. A certain P1SC completely ate itself, broke the impellar and pieces blew back into the motor causing a complete failure. Very, very expensive mistake. Ouch..

So how do you know if you are over spinning a blower? I bought my P1
used and it came with the smaller pulley. The shop said it was fine so I didn't worry about it.

TrueStreetTim
01-04-2013, 10:46 AM
used and it came with the smaller pulley. The shop said it was fine so I didn't worry about it.

What size is your blower pulley? And I'm assuming it's the factory procharger crank pulley?

blownaltered
01-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I believe the formula is. Lower pulley diameter/top pulley= X engine rpm= X step up ratio= blower rpm

The max is written on your blower along with the step up ratio. Engine rpm would be where you shift at or the max rpm you want to run. Hope this helps

Doug1227
01-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Is this Clint? Doug from TFS here...

TrueStreetTim
01-04-2013, 01:08 PM
I believe the formula is. Lower pulley diameter/top pulley= X engine rpm= X step up ratio= blower rpm

The max is written on your blower along with the step up ratio. Engine rpm would be where you shift at or the max rpm you want to run. Hope this helps

(Crank pulley size / Blower pulley size X step up ratio) X max rpm= impeller speed

Bold items are simply to separate the math

I'm assuming a lot here as I don't have all your specs. So your roughly 630whp? I'll also assume you've got headers & full exhaust?

P1SC-1's max impeller (max efficiency) speed is 65k. It should also be a 4.1 gear (step-up) ratio. Your blower pulley roughly a 3.60? And crank pulley a 7.5.

So [I](Crank pulley size / Blower pulley size x step up ratio) x max rpm= 61.5k impeller speed @ 7,200rpm. So your around 95% the max efficiency.

To see that kind of power on a P1 I'm guessing the car is around 12-14psi. What kind of psi are you seeing?

blownaltered
01-04-2013, 02:00 PM
(Crank pulley size / Blower pulley size X step up ratio) X max rpm= impeller speed

I'm assuming a lot here as I don't have all your specs. So your roughly 630whp? I'll also assume you've got headers & full exhaust?

P1SC-1's max impeller (max efficiency) speed is 65k. It should also be a 4.1 gear (step-up) ratio. Your blower pulley roughly a 3.60? And crank pulley a 7.5.

So [I](Crank pulley size / Blower pulley size x step up ratio) x max rpm= 61.5k impeller speed @ 7,200rpm. So your around 95% the max efficiency.

To see that kind of power on a P1 I'm guessing the car is around 12-14psi. What kind of psi are you seeing?

Ok lower pulley is the crank but hey the math was right. I wasn't thinking when I wrote lower

Hey what's the stock crank pulley on a fox. I think it's a 6" but can't remember.

ProCharge5.0
01-04-2013, 02:07 PM
Is this Clint? Doug from TFS here...

Hey Doug. Yep it's me

TrueStreetTim
01-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Ok lower pulley is the crank but hey the math was right. I wasn't thinking when I wrote lower

Hey what's the stock crank pulley on a fox. I think it's a 6" but can't remember.

To clarify; the crank pulley in this scenario is in reference to the crank...blower...pulley. In other words...the one that comes with the kit for installation. So, yes, the "lower" is still correct lol

blownaltered
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM
To clarify; the crank pulley in this scenario is in reference to the crank...blower...pulley. In other words...the one that comes with the kit for installation.

I know which pulley is which. Just because I didn't write it out the way you would like doesn't make it wrong. I was also typing on a phone while taking a shit so give a fucker a break. :happy107:

So what is the stock size crank pulley on a fox or does a cripple have to measure when he gets home.

TrueStreetTim
01-04-2013, 02:34 PM
I know which pulley is which. Just because I didn't write it out the way you would like doesn't make it wrong. I was also typing on a phone while taking a shit so give a fucker a break. :happy107:

So what is the stock size crank pulley on a fox or does a cripple have to measure when he gets home.

Lmao, I wasn't throwing punches. Just letting you know that you were indeed correct and can continue your shit unstressed! :dancingpoop: The "clarification" was meant for others general knowledge. Sorry to confuse.

As for the fox pulley....I'm uncertain. The others might know. I'll see what I can find out unless you beat me to it.

blownaltered
01-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Lmao, I wasn't throwing punches. Just letting you know that you were indeed correct and can continue your shit unstressed! :dancingpoop: The "clarification" was meant for others general knowledge. Sorry to confuse.

As for the fox pulley....I'm uncertain. The others might know. I'll see what I can find out unless you beat me to it.
Lol I was just giving you shit. When I read it back after you did yours I knew it didn't make since. Yeah if you find out let me know. I think it is 6" but I can measure later if need be. I'm just trying to see where I'm at rpm wise myself.

ProCharge5.0
01-04-2013, 02:47 PM

To see that kind of power on a P1 I'm guessing the car is around 12-14psi.
What kind of psi are you seeing?

The car has 1 7/8" JBA longtubes, H-pipe/ no cats, and axleback. I don't know what size the pulleys are. I will measure when I get home. It makes 10.5 psi. Car is stock other than exhaust and procharger.

Grandpa
01-04-2013, 03:18 PM
I hope Donnie rips that limp wristed gingers arm off. :-D

blownaltered
01-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I hope Donnie rips that limp wristed gingers arm off. :-D

I'm a lover not a fighter

Grandpa
01-04-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm a lover not a fighter

Ok, so go fuck his arm off then. Thats even worse! Lol

TrueStreetTim
01-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Ok, so go fuck his arm off then. Thats even worse! Lol

:gasp:

I'm starting to think you just have a strange affinity towards my fantastic breed of humans.

blownaltered
01-04-2013, 04:41 PM
:gasp:

I'm starting to think you just have a strange affinity towards my fantastic breed of humans.

I think he wants to see if the carpet matches the drapes. My advice is never put down your drink next to Steve. You might wake up a changed man.

ProCharge5.0
01-06-2013, 12:02 PM

Yes that is what size the pulleys are. Thanks for your help.

LilWhite
01-06-2013, 02:50 PM
So the p1 is pretty much maxed out at 630ish? Fuck.

Grandpa
01-06-2013, 03:06 PM
So the p1 is pretty much maxed out at 630ish? Fuck.

Feel lucky that number was achieved. The P1 an entry level head unit and I've seen it implode on itself at 440rw.

ProCharge5.0
01-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Feel lucky that number was achieved. The P1 an entry level head unit and I've seen it implode on itself at 440rw.

Thats enough of this implode talk. I won't be able to sleep at night worrying about it.

Grandpa
01-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Thats enough of this implode talk. I won't be able to sleep at night worrying about it.

Haha, sorry. You can ask Blownaltered about his P1sc expierence. Once he stops swearing like a sailor from the anger of it, I'm sure you will understand.

blownaltered
01-07-2013, 01:25 AM
Haha, sorry. You can ask Blownaltered about his P1sc expierence. Once he stops swearing like a sailor from the anger of it, I'm sure you will understand.

:flame:
Definitely not a fan of the p1sc line from Procharger. Sad thing is I didn't even over spin it. There was still room left when it ate itself.