PDA

View Full Version : TMS Tonight

PCB
07-11-2014, 03:18 PM
Me and a few friends are headed out to TMS tonight for the drags. Thought I would extend the invite since we are recall free. Should be a good turn out.

:chewie:

Lucky13
07-11-2014, 04:56 PM
I think my son and I may be coming out.

PCB
07-11-2014, 05:14 PM
I think my son and I may be coming out.

I promise not to tell him about you spending his college money. :favorites37:

Ill be out there in my white 5.0, I am a tall goofy looking guy.

Lucky13
07-11-2014, 05:16 PM
I promise not to tell him about you spending his college money. :favorites37:

Ill be out there in my white 5.0, I am a tall goofy looking guy.
Hahahaha! I'll be there in a white 5.0 also LOL! Short goofy looking guy. Black hat and red shoes with a skinny ten year old who's destined to no college.

Courtesy Flush
07-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Went out to the first two weeks they had it and was ok racing.
Ever since they lost sponsorship from Scion though its lost organization.

Show & Shine event is way too long. They really need regulate run times for events. If you or friends are running all i can say is be careful guys. "Slick as ice" is an understatement when describing the pit road you race down.

EDIT***
Ironically i also have a white 5.0.

Lucky13
07-12-2014, 12:41 AM
A lot of fun out there tonight. A whole lot of 5.0s. I had never driven around that track and had no idea of the banking. Managed 95 on turn three with wife and kid yelling at me to slow down. LOL!

PCB
07-12-2014, 11:47 AM
A lot of fun out there tonight. A whole lot of 5.0s. I had never driven around that track and had no idea of the banking. Managed 95 on turn three with wife and kid yelling at me to slow down. LOL!
That's awesome man. I was keeping an eye out for you but there were tons of white 5.0 there. :(

Lucky13
07-12-2014, 12:27 PM
That's awesome man. I was keeping an eye out for you but there were tons of white 5.0 there. :(
Ford was well represented!

DirtyD
07-14-2014, 01:02 AM
Not going back out to TMS again until they find a way to at least handle the traction issue. When I went, there was so much rubber laid down from people spinning that guys running slicks and DRs were having a hard time getting traction. Not going to risk my car for that

Lucky13
07-14-2014, 09:53 AM
There was definitely a traction issue. It was fun from a spectator pov. Going to take the bike out week after next and take it around the track. That was super fun in the car!

All that said, pretty poorly organized, but it's not like it was 50 or a hundred bucks, either...

PCB
07-14-2014, 10:17 AM
Not going back out to TMS again until they find a way to at least handle the traction issue. When I went, there was so much rubber laid down from people spinning that guys running slicks and DRs were having a hard time getting traction. Not going to risk my car for that

There is no way in blue hell I would run my car out there. Not after that chick was careflighted out two weeks ago.

Grandpa
07-14-2014, 10:21 AM
There is no way in blue hell I would run my car out there. Not after that chick was careflighted out two weeks ago.

Exactly. That surface has always been crap and it just gets worse. Its not worth totaling your car over. The GTR's are the only ones able to get the power down out there.

DirtyD
07-14-2014, 10:22 AM
There was definitely a traction issue. It was fun from a spectator pov. Going to take the bike out week after next and take it around the track. That was super fun in the car!

All that said, pretty poorly organized, but it's not like it was 50 or a hundred bucks, either...
Ever since Scion dropped their sponsorship of the event, it's been pretty damn unorganized.

I watched the Diesel Dynamics Powerstroke Lightning almost do a full 180 into the wall the week I went, which was the week before the Pink Sonoma wrecked. When I got sideways in my car all the way through second gear after breaking traction on the shift, I said that was it. Might do the show and shine to go around the track, but idk for sure.

Courtesy Flush
07-14-2014, 05:23 PM

Its unfortunate that happened to her but it could have been prevented.
Her truck sat at the start line for 30 minutes while they did parade laps. She started it up, did no burnout and got stubborn when the rear got loose 3-4 times.
All this on an un-prepped surface in a drag truck. Couldn't believe they had to cut the entire top and through the cage to get her outta that thing.

DirtyD
07-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Its unfortunate that happened to her but it could have been prevented.
Her truck sat at the start line for 30 minutes while they did parade laps. She started it up, did no burnout and got stubborn when the rear got loose 3-4 times.
All this on an un-prepped surface in a drag truck. Couldn't believe they had to cut the entire top and through the cage to get her outta that thing.
Was the wreck that bad?!?!? Did you she roll it?

Courtesy Flush
07-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Was the wreck that bad?!?!? Did you she roll it?

She was in that outside lane by the grass. Came off the line in a cloud of smoke and continued through the 60 foot. It slid side to side and she pedaled 2-3 times and the left rear tire caught the grass as she was counter-steering to get the truck straight and it pitched towards the wall and she went nearly head on.

DirtyD
07-14-2014, 08:54 PM
She was in that outside lane by the grass. Came off the line in a cloud of smoke and continued through the 60 foot. It slid side to side and she pedaled 2-3 times and the left rear tire caught the grass as she was counter-steering to get the truck straight and it pitched towards the wall and she went nearly head on.

Sheeeeeeiiiiiit

Courtesy Flush
07-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Sheeeeeeiiiiiit

The aftermath.

Lucky13
07-15-2014, 10:54 AM
The aftermath.
Yow. Want to run the car at a track but not there. Northstar or Ennis I guess.

DirtyD
07-15-2014, 11:21 AM
The aftermath.
I can't find a picture with big enough eyes bulging out of the head. I'm glad she is okay