PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else having clear coat failure on their '13-'14 deck lid panel?

garner
06-26-2014, 09:35 PM
http://i1024.photobucket.com/albums/y305/garner3/20140626_173145_zpstmbwjvh3.jpg (http://s1024.photobucket.com/user/garner3/media/20140626_173145_zpstmbwjvh3.jpg.html)

Saw this today and trying to figure out if it's just my car, or a widespread issue.

Edit: You can actually feel the cracks

DirtyD
06-26-2014, 10:35 PM
Nothing on mine

donutninja
06-27-2014, 12:37 AM
Oh damn :(

Mine is perfectly fine too. 2013 w/23K miles. It is mostly garage kept and I park in a garage for work.

I did notice the window trim on the door is already turning white.

03MachMe
06-27-2014, 06:06 AM
Mine is perfect

Lucky13
06-27-2014, 08:48 AM
No problems here.

DirtyD
06-27-2014, 09:39 AM
But then again, you deck lid looks to be in a little more weathered shape than mine is.

donutninja
06-27-2014, 10:46 AM
have you ever removed the deck lid? maybe it bent or something and caused minor hairlines a while back?

El_Tortuga
06-27-2014, 01:20 PM
That sucks. I'm good.

garner
06-27-2014, 03:48 PM
Guess I'll see if the dealer will file a warranty claim for it. I highly doubt they will

Deck lid has never been removed, and trunk has maybe been used 15 times in the almost a year I've had the car

ThunderkissGT14
07-09-2014, 12:26 AM
no but all the trim on my car that was fiber glass or whatever (so vent hoods, bumpers front and back, side skirts, wing) had to be repainted because little yellow spots were coming to the surface and just underneath the clear coat. dealership dudes said it was the primer coming through due to factory fall out... ok?

took them forever to fix it and they were tripping hard about giving me a rental...had to fight for it otherwise get charged.

Lucky13
07-09-2014, 11:49 AM
no but all the trim on my car that was fiber glass or whatever (so vent hoods, bumpers front and back, side skirts, wing) had to be repainted because little yellow spots were coming to the surface and just underneath the clear coat. dealership dudes said it was the primer coming through due to factory fall out... ok?

took them forever to fix it and they were tripping hard about giving me a rental...had to fight for it otherwise get charged.
Okay. So I have this, too. White car with yellow coming through. I thought it was some crazy bug shit or something but can't remove it at all. What dealership did you go to?

ThunderkissGT14
07-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Okay. So I have this, too. White car with yellow coming through. I thought it was some crazy bug shit or something but can't remove it at all. What dealership did you go to?

exactly, mine is white with little yellow spots showing through. looks like fucking chicken pocks and in direct sunlight its hard to tell but when the sun was setting you're all like, WTF IS ALL OVER MY CARRRR.

I went to the dealership i bought it at, auto nation ford of south fort worth. bunch of assholes. Prepare to fight a dealer on a rental because they're going to try and say paint defects aren't a manufacturing defect they cover rentals for. thats when you roll up into the show room asking for managers and talking loudly about how its only be like 5000 miles and your cars paint is failing. then they all huddle you back to the service dept and talk to you and amongst themselves and hopefully it works out for you, as it narrowly did for me.

you'll probably have to have all plastic/fiber glass trim repainted.

they'll send it to their body shop which will do a shitty job and you may or may not be surprised by this. look closely at the grill for over spray, and just a poor job. they may have your car for weeks. Mine went back to them twice... grill needed to be redone, then corners and under part of spoiler didn't even like receive paint. you have to be looking for this stuff though or you'll drive off and be detailing your car hard core down the road and you'll be saying fuck out loud in front of neighborhood kids with no fucking regard. All in all they had my car for a month... maybe a week longer. then i rode around another few days after that without a spoiler because they had to redo that. pathetic.

good luck man

Lucky13
07-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Luckily the only place I am seeing it is on the hood vents which I want to get done in black anyway BUT I will be looking at all the plastic tonight for sure.