PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Mid-Pipe

jarheadtex
09-28-2012, 09:22 PM
I think I want to go with an X-pipe...but have never ran this setup. I am running a Magnaflow street cat-back system. Opinions...suggestions ?

Midnight11
09-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Depends on what sound u want

jayman33
09-28-2012, 10:26 PM
I'm putting some Stainless Works headers on my car. Currently have an S&H stainless Mid pipe. I'll have the mid pipe for sale soon if you're interested. When you head this way I'll help you install it.

downtime!
09-28-2012, 11:32 PM
X makes 'em raspy and H makes 'em deep, to vastly oversimplify it. I have an OR X on mine, along with no mufflers, and it's loud as hell.

jarheadtex
09-29-2012, 12:22 AM
I had trans am..with long tubes and off road Y with 3" exhaust out the back and it was way too raspy so I put a magnaflow system with a cutout. I have had 2v mustangs with H-pipes and really like the sound but from what I have read x-pipes perform better.

jarheadtex
09-29-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm putting some Stainless Works headers on my car. Currently have an S&H stainless Mid pipe. I'll have the mid pipe for sale soon if you're interested. When you head this way I'll help you install it.

Sounds good. I wont be adding the mid-pipe until Im there anyway.

Grandpa
09-29-2012, 01:20 AM
X makes 'em raspy and H makes 'em deep, to vastly oversimplify it. I have an OR X on mine, along with no mufflers, and it's loud as hell.

Yep, that pretty much covers it. I'll be doing an H and GT500's when the time comes. :)

89gt-stanger
09-29-2012, 01:59 AM
Here is a decent exhaust clip of my car. The last one I posted sucked. It does have a cat delete on it though, with the heartthrob x pipe and GT500s. With the cats on, the 3" and GT500's, I thought it was still too quiet. Heartthrob has I believe the cheapest 3" kit, all mandrel bent and Made in USA. I am very pleased.

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/watch?feature=plcp&v=YBWKD7K59Ts

Luke
09-29-2012, 02:07 AM

You've confirmed what I was worried about, just ordered the Lethal x-pipe and already have the Pypes catback. Looks like the catback will be for sale soon, I don't want the car too obnoxious. Can SYNC still understand you?

downtime!
09-29-2012, 11:27 AM
You've confirmed what I was worried about, just ordered the Lethal x-pipe and already have the Pypes catback. Looks like the catback will be for sale soon, I don't want the car too obnoxious. Can SYNC still understand you?It's only loud when you're on the gas hard. The rest of the time its just a nice deep rumble. SYNC works just fine (well as fine as it can anyway).

downtime!
09-29-2012, 11:28 AM
Here's a clip of mine as it sits right now -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7L4DhTviAY&feature=share&list=UU_QMoTfVNehd7olv7sTKdbg

TrueStreetTim
09-29-2012, 11:40 AM
Yep, that pretty much covers it. I'll be doing an H and GT500's when the time comes. :)

The time is, and always will be.....now!

Midnight11
09-29-2012, 11:52 AM
^hurry and work on David's car so I can get his h pipe! Already have the mufflers

Luke
09-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Here's a clip of mine as it sits right now -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7L4DhTviAY&feature=share&list=UU_QMoTfVNehd7olv7sTKdbg

That seems bearable, I guess I'll see for myself in about a week. What tires do you run at the track? 11.87's a pretty good time, I have similar mods going on, don't know when I'll make it to the track.

Grandpa
09-29-2012, 12:36 PM
The time is, and always will be.....now!

Hey, if Truestreet wants to throw a old buddy and huge supporter some parts...I'm okay with that. :D

BLK2012GT
09-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Hey, if Truestreet wants to throw a old buddy and huge supporter some parts...I'm okay with that. :D

Damn you're a cheap ass.:biggun:

Grandpa
09-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Damn you're a cheap ass.:biggun:

I've got some big things in the works coming up so I'm having to pick and choose the things I need/want to do. Christmas is coming up, so some parts will make it on my car soon. :D

Luke
09-29-2012, 01:19 PM
I've got some big things in the works coming up so I'm having to pick and choose the things I need/want to do. Christmas is coming up, so some parts will make it on my car soon. :D

And what kind of parts are you thinking? I've got to keep up with the Jones'.

downtime!
09-29-2012, 01:37 PM
That seems bearable, I guess I'll see for myself in about a week. What tires do you run at the track? 11.87's a pretty good time, I have similar mods going on, don't know when I'll make it to the track.
Those runs we're on 295/45-17 MT ET II radials. Stroked88LX on the other forum has them now.