PDA

View Full Version : Good books?

hatchttu
09-28-2012, 05:51 AM
Any readers around here? Anyone read anything good lately? Post up any books you enjoy. I'd love to find new books to read. I enjoy the spy novels most, some autobiographies as well.

I recently read 11/22/63 by Stephen king about a guy going back in time to stop the Kennedy assassination.

I also really enjoy the jack reacher books by lee child. Reacher is an ex MP who wanders the land solving people's problems. Tom cruise is starring as him in a movie due out soon. The books are great!

The rogue warrior series is also a good read. Written by Richard marcinko, founder of seal team 6. The first of the series is Rogue Warrior, an autobiography, the rest are fiction told in the first person with marcinko as the hero. They are good.

The "Scarecrow" series of books by Matthew Reilly are fun reads too, pretty fantastical but fun.

The Jack West series by Matthew Reilly are also good, kind of James bond meets Indiana Jones.

Phuck Phace
09-28-2012, 09:03 AM
I recently read 11/22/63 by Stephen king about a guy going back in time to stop the Kennedy assassination.

Was this good? I used to be a huge King fan. Now all I have been reading is Chuck Palahniuk. Invisible Monsters, Choke, Damned, Rant. Is good shit.

hatchttu
09-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Was this good? I used to be a huge King fan. Now all I have been reading is Chuck Palahniuk. Invisible Monsters, Choke, Damned, Rant. Is good shit.

I really enjoyed it. A good portion takes place in Dallas so it's cool to read about places that are familiar. It also talks about how the past doesn't want to change and will work to prevent a person changing it. I found it an interesting take on te time travel story.

BLK2012GT
09-28-2012, 12:31 PM

Man how can you read when you're drunk all the time.

kanetrain
09-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Well The Game of Thrones books are pretty awesome. I'm in the middle of the 3rd one now, they just get better and better.

Grandpa
09-28-2012, 04:17 PM
I really enjoy true crime novels. My next book is "I Heard You Paint Houses". It's a book by Hoffa's former right hand man.

I'm currently reading a book about my favorite band Depeche Mode, but I doubt anyone here even knows who they are or listen to their music. lol.

Phuck Phace
09-28-2012, 04:22 PM
LOL Steve, "your own.....personal....jeezus."

Grandpa
09-28-2012, 04:27 PM
LOL Steve, "your own.....personal....jeezus."

Well done sir! lol.

SNEAKY
09-28-2012, 05:00 PM
If you like sci fi , ou may enjoy Jim butchers -the Dresden files. Set in modern Chicago, he is a wizard private detective. 13 full books, another book of shoot stories, and book 14 is about to come out. There was a one season show on tv based on these books. First one is so so, they get a lot better as the story developes

hatchttu
09-28-2012, 10:43 PM
I have seen the show, the one season of it. I will have to check out the books soon.

Cabikejumper
09-28-2012, 11:01 PM
23 minutes in hell is a good book.