PDA

View Full Version : U.S Soldier taking fire.

Grandpa
09-26-2012, 11:00 PM
Really intense video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rLHU-_OhT8g

Eaglei532
10-03-2012, 06:50 PM
saw that video too, seriously crazy. Being a three time combat vet, I have to point this out. 1) who the F let this guy do this, where is his leadership? 2) why did he do it alone, we never do anything alone 3) why is he completely without any communication back to main body, seems like if you are planing something like this, a radio might be better than trying to scream over gunfire over and over again.

In conclusion, this guy get LOW marks in planning, tactics, effectiveness, and pure combat genius, however he gets high marks in having a huge set of nuts. Its still really dumb and probably accomplished nothing, gaining no advantage over the enemy. Cause he's in the army they probably gave him a bronze star, In my service he would have gotten a court martial for being a retard.

11bangbang
10-03-2012, 07:30 PM
saw that video too, seriously crazy. Being a three time combat vet, i have to point this out. 1) who the f let this guy do this, where is his leadership? 2) why did he do it alone, we never do anything alone 3) why is he completely without any communication back to main body, seems like if you are planing something like this, a radio might be better than trying to scream over gunfire over and over again.

In conclusion, this guy get low marks in planning, tactics, effectiveness, and pure combat genius, however he gets high marks in having a huge set of nuts. Its still really dumb and probably accomplished nothing, gaining no advantage over the enemy. Cause he's in the army they probably gave him a bronze star, in my service he would have gotten a court martial for being a retard.

x1000 except the whole cause he's in the Army part

jayman33
10-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Communication, communication, communication. If comms didn't work, we didn't leave. When you have 55 eagles going out the wire, everyone of us need comms. More importantly, when its just 12-20 of us like normal, comms is even more important. I'm still baffled he didn't have comms, thats crazy.

Eaglei532
10-03-2012, 09:13 PM
Well after reading the post again, it did seem a little derogatory. What I meant is this, the different services have different definitions of rates certain medals.

This is the Difference in 2 recent citations:
- 1stSgt Brad Kasal: Navy Cross - 7 gunshot wounds, 40 peices of shrap, lost 60% of his blood, and put his body over E3s to take the wounds for them, all of this after he assaulted an enemy strong hold to get his boys out

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?29295-Marine-Hero-to-Be-Decorated-for-His-Bravery

- SSGT Giunta: MOH - no real injuries, "saved" guys that he lost accountability for in the first place
http://www.army.mil/medalofhonor/giunta/profile.html

Its not meant to be a one service against the other argument, just a statement of fact that the two services define the conduct that rates certain medals in very different ways. But valor is valor, and i do not mean to negate the things that SSGT Giunta did, I just think things get skewed sometimes in larger services.

jayman33
10-04-2012, 07:50 AM
Well after reading the post again, it did seem a little derogatory. What I meant is this, the different services have different definitions of rates certain medals.

- 1stSgt Brad Kasal: Navy Cross - 7 gunshot wounds, 40 peices of shrap, lost 60% of his blood, and put his body over E3s to take the wounds for them, all of this after he assaulted an enemy strong hold to get his boys out

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?29295-Marine-Hero-to-Be-Decorated-for-His-Bravery

- SSGT Giunta: MOH - no real injuries, "saved" guys that he lost accountability for in the first place

Its not meant to be a one service against the other argument, just a statement of fact that the two services define the conduct that rates certain medals in very different ways. But valor is valor, and i do not mean to negate the things that SSGT Giunta did, I just think things get skewed sometimes in larger services.

Eh, if you weren't there to account for these events first hand then, well, I wouldn't compare them. Who told you SSG Giunta lost accountability of his men? I'm sure someone who heard it throught the grapevine. Just because you "read" it on the internet does not make it true.... Also being submitted for awards are the responsiblities of the your Chain of Command and NCO support channel.

11bangbang
10-04-2012, 11:15 AM

I hear ya. Ya the video doesn't add up, I don't know the whole story or why he was doing what he did, but to me it looks like he was going against everything I've ever been taught and you would think an NCO would not do some boneheaded stuff like that. At least the guy is still alive.

Eaglei532
10-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Eh, if you weren't there to account for these events first hand then, well, I wouldn't compare them. Who told you SSG Giunta lost accountability of his men? I'm sure someone who heard it throught the grapevine. Just because you "read" it on the internet does not make it true.... Also being submitted for awards are the responsiblities of the your Chain of Command and NCO support channel.

I agree, however I read his account on the army website, then watched a YouTube documentary where he tells the story. He explains how the fight took place, and how his guys got separated by fire. They moved apart during the fighting and he didn't know anything until he ran up and the talibs already had his guy. I'm not demeaning the kick assery that happened after that, just that getting awarded the MOH for correcting a screw up is a little off that's all

89gt-stanger
10-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Fuck the taliban. Thank God I didn't take 11b, though I'm sure they're not the only ones getting pegged at..