PDA

View Full Version : Runway Rivalry

Grandpa
05-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Who all is running this upcoming weekend?

My car won't be ready for this event, but I will run at the Fall event.

Klownz
05-12-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm in.

Midnight11
05-12-2014, 04:28 PM
I'm going to watch

J.Shoot
05-13-2014, 07:57 AM
We'll be there......

5PointSlow
05-13-2014, 08:29 AM
I'm gonna try to make it to the next one

rlhay2
05-13-2014, 09:00 AM
FYI: from the website
Each driver and sponsor may designate guests (including spouses and minors). Minors are people 17 years old and below. There will be a $50 charge per guest added to the driver’s registration charge (sponsor’s exempt). All invoices will be emailed via PayPal to the email address provided in the tech sheet above. All persons will be checked in at the gate. All waivers will be signed at the gate.

Grandpa
05-13-2014, 09:20 AM
I figured those who knew about the event were already aware of that stuff. If not, sorry about that. :)

Midnight11
05-13-2014, 09:24 AM
It's Saturday and Sunday right?

rlhay2
05-13-2014, 09:28 AM
I figured those who knew about the event were already aware of that stuff. If not, sorry about that. :)

No worries. It's not always clear that these events are for registered guests only. To avoid the cost and hassle of security, it works better this way.

Grandpa
05-13-2014, 09:38 AM
No worries. It's not always clear that these events are for registered guests only. To avoid the cost and hassle of security, it works better this way.

Very valid point, sir.

Grandpa
05-13-2014, 09:40 AM
It's Saturday and Sunday right?

Sunday only. The weather is looking amazing too!:headbang:

Midnight11
05-13-2014, 03:33 PM
Ok cool I'm bringing out the camera

Gottop
05-14-2014, 03:41 PM
Stupid Question??? Where and when is this??

Grandpa
05-14-2014, 03:57 PM
Ok cool I'm bringing out the camera

Get a pic of my car!

03MachMe
05-14-2014, 05:56 PM
50 to watch is straight up retarded. I don't care how fast they are. It's cheaper to watch nhra , Nascar, or get tickets for COTA event.

Grandpa
05-14-2014, 06:05 PM
50 to watch is straight up retarded. I don't care how fast they are. It's cheaper to watch nhra , Nascar, or get tickets for COTA event.

Well officer, you bitch about our other racing location. Would you rather us rent a safe facility that costs a few bucks to pay for it, or would you rather us come blasting through your workplace? :poker:

Renting a place isn't cheap!

03MachMe
05-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Well officer, you bitch about our other racing location. Would you rather us rent a safe facility that costs a few bucks to pay for it, or would you rather us come blasting through your workplace? :poker:

Renting a place isn't cheap!

A few bucks would be reasonable. $50 to watch is not. I would prolly pay $20. I would bet they could make a lot more money if they dropped the price and allowed anyone to watch. I agree who races should be invite only but why discriminate against those who want to watch? Just sounds like the elitist attitude that most of the 1000hp guys have to me

BERT
05-14-2014, 06:14 PM

I have a hard time believing that the COTA is cheaper

BERT
05-14-2014, 06:15 PM
A few bucks would be reasonable. $50 to watch is not. I would prolly pay $20. I would bet they could make a lot more money if they dropped the price and allowed anyone to watch. I agree who races should be invite only but why discriminate against those who want to watch? Just sounds like the elitist attitude that most of the 1000hp guys have to me

These are sub 1000hp guys :D

03MachMe
05-14-2014, 06:15 PM

I have seen single day tickets under 50. May not be the best seats but you get my point

Grandpa
05-14-2014, 06:17 PM

It's a sub-1000hp car only event. Eat a donut.

Grandpa
05-14-2014, 06:18 PM
I have seen single day tickets under 50. May not be the best seats but you get my point

It's 50 bucks. Not a lot of money for a full day of racing with bad ass cars. It's not even a tank of gas! lol.

03MachMe
05-14-2014, 06:19 PM
It's a sub-1000hp car only event. Eat a donut.

I will, and enjoy it too

BERT
05-14-2014, 06:22 PM
It's 50 bucks. Not a lot of money for a full day of racing with bad ass cars. It's not even a tank of gas! lol.

You shouldn't have such a big car with a big gas tank, Grandpa

Grandpa
05-14-2014, 06:23 PM

And good luck getting any of those tickets for $50 bucks sitting as close as we do too. :lol:

Grandpa
05-14-2014, 06:25 PM
You shouldn't have such a big car with a big gas tank, Grandpa

I remember those days riding in Grandpa's car fondly - "Don't make me pull this car over to beat your ass!"

BERT
05-14-2014, 06:26 PM
And good luck getting any of those tickets for $50 bucks sitting as close as we do too. :lol:

That ain't no shit. It's like sitting down the base line at a Rangers game. You gotta pay attention incase shit comes flying at ya.

Klownz
05-14-2014, 10:58 PM

It's cheap for a private event, you could always stay home and buy a video of it for 20 bucks that just has the highlights.

Junkie
05-14-2014, 11:27 PM

Its a private event that is VERY expensive to put on. If you don't want to go, then don't. Its not very complicated.

Were you invited BTW?

Crimson600+HP
05-14-2014, 11:42 PM
Exactly. What's expensive on these types of events in the insurance the organizers have to purchase. This year the insurance rate was raised on the Texas Mile, high enough where they had to beg for new sponsors to cover the March event.

DirtyD
05-15-2014, 12:21 AM
Exactly. What's expensive on these types of events in the insurance the organizers have to purchase. This year the insurance rate was raised on the Texas Mile, high enough where they had to beg for new sponsors to cover the March event.

That and site rental for the duration of the event is $$$$$$$$$$$.

I understand limiting the number of spectators for a private event such as this, but I think a little higher limit would help.

Junkie
05-15-2014, 12:22 AM
That and site rental for the duration of the event is $$$$$$$$$$$.

I understand limiting the number of spectators for a private event such as this, but I think a little higher limit would help.

Have you been to the event?

I think a higher limit would suck. Its already crowded in the good spectating spots where its easy to see the entire race.

Grandpa
05-15-2014, 09:05 AM

:lol::lol:

DirtyD
05-15-2014, 09:24 AM

I think a higher limit would suck. Its already crowded in the good spectating spots where its easy to see the entire race.
Pretty sure you know the answer to that. However, I'm not saying increase the spectator attendance 10 or 20 fold, but maybe just upping it a little bit, but still within reason. Would give the ability to lower the price of spectating a little lower and garner more interest. I'm just trying to look at this from the business POV, as well as just brain storming. Not trying to tell anyone how to run it.

rlhay2
05-15-2014, 09:40 AM
First and foremost:

Unlike the examples cited, The Runway Rivalry and similar events are not intended to be spectator events.

Large crowds in a confined space is just asking for problems. The organizers probably figure this is a simple way to avoid/control that issue.

DirtyD
05-15-2014, 10:04 AM
First and foremost:

Unlike the examples cited, The Runway Rivalry and similar events are not intended to be spectator events.

Large crowds in a confined space is just asking for problems. The organizers probably figure this is a simple way to avoid/control that issue.
You're right

TrueStreetTim
05-15-2014, 10:37 AM
First and foremost:

Right. It's a matter of security and the additional measures required to manage the event.

BERT
05-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Were you invited BTW?

Now, Will, don't get snoody

Junkie
05-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Pretty sure you know the answer to that. However, I'm not saying increase the spectator attendance 10 or 20 fold, but maybe just upping it a little bit, but still within reason. Would give the ability to lower the price of spectating a little lower and garner more interest. I'm just trying to look at this from the business POV, as well as just brain storming. Not trying to tell anyone how to run it.

But why do that? When the guest spots easily sell now, and they don't have to worry about accommodating more people? Restrooms, food, etc… it all becomes more expensive with more people.

Now, Will, don't get snoody

lol everyone that knows me personally, knows I'm not a snoody guy. Just being realistic.

Grandpa
05-15-2014, 12:00 PM
But why do that? When the guest spots easily sell now, and they don't have to worry about accommodating more people? Restrooms, food, etc… it all becomes more expensive with more people.

lol everyone that knows me personally, knows I'm not a snoody guy. Just being realistic.

LOL, agreed on both accounts.

Derek means well, it's just his complete lack of experience in a lot of things tends to show at times. Anything racing related just isn't something he is experienced with at all.

BERT
05-15-2014, 12:43 PM

Yes, Will, that's why it's called a joke. Just from the little bit I hung out with you at TI I can tell you're not that way.

I'll be sure to say something smartass to you on Sunday :D

BERT
05-15-2014, 12:44 PM

Derek means well, it's just his complete lack of experience in a lot of things tends to show at times. Anything racing related just isn't something he is experienced with at all.

Don't you have a fence to be building??

Grandpa
05-15-2014, 12:57 PM
Don't you have a fence to be building??

Unfortunately, yes. Taking a lunch break. Once I finish up my stir fry I'll head back out there.

DirtyD
05-15-2014, 01:08 PM

Really Steve, are you that cenial that you have to always try to work in some jab like that? Honestly, there was no need for that comment in this discussion.

DirtyD
05-15-2014, 01:10 PM

And I get that. I was just looking at it from the outside in as someone that would definitely like to attend something like this, but cost being a factor.

Do they offer press badges? LOL I can take pictures.

Grandpa
05-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Really Steve, are you that cenial that you have to always try to work in some jab like that? Honestly, there was no need for that comment in this discussion.
Jesus Pogo Stickin Christ. Don't be so damn sensitive. It wasn't a jab. Will doesn't know you or your background. He is around hardcore racers all the time and you have next to no racing experience at all. You two come from different worlds when it comes to that. You can clearly see that I said you meant well with your suggestion. It wasn't a dig at you. Lighten the fuck up. Geez.

Junkie
05-15-2014, 01:14 PM
And I get that. I was just looking at it from the outside in as someone that would definitely like to attend something like this, but cost being a factor.

Do they offer press badges? LOL I can take pictures.

Actually yes. I think the press thing is filled up, but its something to look into for sure. TI and RR media is always bad ass.

DirtyD
05-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Jesus Pogo Stickin Christ. Don't be so damn sensitive. It wasn't a jab. Will doesn't know you or your background. He is around hardcore racers all the time and you have next to no racing experience at all. You two come from different worlds when it comes to that. You can clearly see that I said you meant well with your suggestion. It wasn't a dig at you. Lighten the fuck up. Geez.
No sensitivity here. We are clearly talking about the event structure, not the actual racing at the event. That's why I called you out. This conversation I was having with Will doesn't pertain to actual racing at all. You do see that, right? So I don't see why it matters in this discussion about who has more racing experience than the other. Had you said I have no experience with this type of event, then I would completely agree with you.

Junkie
05-15-2014, 02:03 PM
No sensitivity here. We are clearly talking about the event structure, not the actual racing at the event. That's why I called you out. This conversation I was having with Will doesn't pertain to actual racing at all. You do see that, right?

Looked like a jab to me, for sure. :ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

I just wanted to use that smiley, that thing is bad ass

Grandpa
05-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Looked like a jab to me, for sure. :ryu-cvs-hadoken-a:

I just wanted to use that smiley, that thing is bad ass

Quit stirring the pot, asshole. :lol:

Junkie
05-15-2014, 03:01 PM
:ryu-cvs-hadoken-a::party36::signs1::lol::3812292670_93b52142Quit stirring the pot, asshole. :lol: