PDA

View Full Version : State inspection?

CplPunishment
04-22-2014, 01:40 PM
anyone know of any shops that get your vehicle inspected....and overlook the off road xpipe mod to exhaust?

JDMLOL
04-22-2014, 06:55 PM
anyone know of any shops that get your vehicle inspected....and overlook the off road xpipe mod to exhaust?

If they do, they shouldn't post the name of the person or shop here.

Most cars will pass on a stock tune with o2 sensor spacers on the rear sensors. Many places are in too big of a hurry to get underneath the car to do a visual.

kanetrain
04-22-2014, 06:56 PM
Well... that's illegal. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't even talk about that on here.

Zeek
04-22-2014, 09:49 PM
Well... that's illegal. Also, I'm pretty sure you can't even talk about that on here.

We talk about dragging people out on the highway all the time but we can't talk about no cats? Pretty dumb.
Dude your car will pass the inspection with no cats if your tuner isn't an idiot.

Crimson600+HP
04-22-2014, 11:01 PM
We talk about dragging people out on the highway all the time but we can't talk about no cats? Pretty dumb.

Exactly. :lol:

DirtyD
04-22-2014, 11:06 PM

Dude your car will pass the inspection with no cats if your tuner isn't an idiot.

This. Aren't the newer model OBDII cars allowed 1 system "not ready" to pass inspection? so as long as nothing else is wrong, you should be good. Take the car to a drive through inspection place with no lift. They won spend the time and effort to get under the car

JDMLOL
04-22-2014, 11:22 PM
This. Aren't the newer model OBDII cars allowed 1 system "not ready" to pass inspection? so as long as nothing else is wrong, you should be good. Take the car to a drive through inspection place with no lift. They won spend the time and effort to get under the car

One not ready, but if the o2 sensors are not ready your sensor heaters are not ready as well making it two.

JDMLOL
04-22-2014, 11:32 PM

Just out of curiosity, which tuners do this? I wouldn't mine ditching the Bama if I can trust the shop and the employees seem halfway educated. You know, ones that can read and write above the 5th grade level...

And no, I'm not trying to start another Bama witch hunt thread.

DirtyD
04-23-2014, 12:12 AM
Just out of curiosity, which tuners do this? I wouldn't mine ditching the Bama if I can trust the shop and the employees seem halfway educated. You know, ones that can read and write above the 5th grade level...

And no, I'm not trying to start another Bama witch hunt thread.

AED has a off road tune that will pass inspection so I hear.

Zeek
04-23-2014, 01:09 AM
I think Kevin can do it too. The white TT5.0 on E85

kanetrain
04-23-2014, 05:49 PM

Exactly. :lol:

Right...so neither of you actually read what the thread was about.

CplPunishment
04-24-2014, 11:03 PM
Okay so I have my xpipe on, no cats so it ditched the stock hpipe with 6 cats, i still have said stock pipe in my living room, I know about visual inspections etc., my car is too low to lift in all the shops I've visited, basically right now I got it inspected (not charged) and it failed with 3 not readies. all o2 sensor related, no check engine light on, nothing else wrong. they said drive it around for like 50mi then come back, did that and same result. so is there any place anyone can PM me about, that or ill have to put my stock pipe on which we all can guess is a pain in ass. I read all your responses, I felt I needed to make myself more clear. I am in Dallas area and have till end of month. Please help a fellow mustang owner out

JDMLOL
04-24-2014, 11:57 PM
Go buy two sets of the long Dorman Help! spark plug non foulers from Oreillys or a pair of o2 sensor spacers off Amazon. If you go the non fouler route, Drill two out then stack them each on one non drilled non fouler. Stick your rear o2s in each stacked pair and then screw them into your x pipe. Tune your ecu to stock and find the readiness monitor reset procedure on Google, I believe downtime! Has it posted on the forum somewhere as well. You should pass and get no cel. Results may vary; do at your own risk. You may need more than two stacked non foulers. The Amazon spacers turned off the cel and showed "ready" for o2 sensor and heater on my previous vehicle...

CplPunishment
05-23-2014, 09:54 AM
Hey just an update, went to a shop that would help on the DL, basically told me there is no real way to pass without cats on these cars (99-04) so I went home, dropped the old stock 6 cat Hpipe in and passed then took that bitch back off. So until I do my 5.0 swap I'm keeping the hpipe as a back up for inspections, tickets, etc.

Pewter Lurch
05-23-2014, 10:56 AM
I run an automotive repair shop that does state inspections. We have to look under the car for atleast the outline of a cat and muffler. They can not fail you if they see the shape of a cat even it it is hollow. Yes the neq vehicles require a maximum of 1 not ready moniter to pass. ALWAYS check your ps level and brake fluid level and make sure there is no physical drip or leak. (Yes we can fail you for that) You can have only one plate light aslong as it emits WHITE light. Check your tires, we only check the middle treads (could careless about the outsides unless the secondary cords or steel is showing. Make sure wipers are cleaning "efficiently". Law now is no darker than 25% on the front passenger/driver windows. Just a little information to help.

rlhay2
08-04-2014, 09:31 PM
I have no cats, and no EGR and can still pass a legitimate plug in OBD-II Texas inspection.
I was shocked when the inspector said "It's green across the board, you're good!" I know some of you guys are not True Street fans but this little "benefit" is worth mentioning!!