PDA

View Full Version : Refreshed Challenger and Charger...thoughts?

saunupe1911
04-17-2014, 09:32 AM
Dodge hit a home run with the Challenger's updated lighting, interior, and 8 speed trans for the Hemi.

They struck out with bases loaded on the Charger's front grill in my opinion. It looks like a wide Dodge Dart.

saunupe1911
04-17-2014, 09:34 AM
http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/sedans/1404_2015_dodge_charger_first_look/71739126/2015-Dodge-Charger-RT-front-three-quarters-02.jpg

saunupe1911
04-17-2014, 09:35 AM
http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadtests/coupes/1404_2015_dodge_challenger_first_look/71752947/2015-Dodge-Challenger-392-Hemi-Scat-Pack-Shaker-front-three-quarter.jpg

03MachMe
04-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Agreed, I like the shaker for the hemi in the challenger too. The new charger just looks like someone sat on a dart, and the dart wasn't good looking to start with

Grandpa
04-17-2014, 10:50 AM
On the fence until I see one in person. Though, as a former SRT-8 owner, I doubt I'll own another SRT product again.

saunupe1911
04-17-2014, 11:02 AM
On the fence until I see one in person. Though, as a former SRT-8 owner, I doubt I'll own another SRT product again.

Why? Care to elaborate?

I also have 2013 Charger V6 as the family car. Dodge has the worst standard warranty in the automotive industry.

I literally had the entire front replaced because of a rattling noise that was impossible to track down. Front control arms, headlights, and a few other front parts all were replaced. So everything was fixed but I said damn will these noises come again after another 15k miles?

I doubt I will by Chrysler again but there's really no competition to the V6 Charger right now.

Crimson600+HP
04-17-2014, 11:07 AM
Needs to drop a ton of weight before it is ever competetive on the performance side (speaking for the Challenger). I love the way it looks, but it will always be a cruiser IMO until they drop some mass.

I really do like the new tail lights though on the Challenger.

Grandpa
04-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Why? Care to elaborate?

I also have 2013 Charger V6 as the family car. Dodge has the worst standard warranty in the automotive industry.

I literally had the entire front replaced because of a rattling noise that was impossible to track down. Front control arms, headlights, and a few other front parts all were replaced. So everything was fixed but I said damn will these noises come again after another 15k miles?

I doubt I will by Chrysler again but there's really no competition to the V6 Charger right now.

Like you said, Dodge dealerships are horrible and that is being kind. They over charge on everything, go out of their way looking for things to charge for, nothing is EVER in stock for a SRT product and then they charge extra to order things. They took my car out and beat on it like crazy too.

As for the car, well, it ran good, but the build quality is just sub-par. I had to replace the electric fans twice, interior rattled like crazy. I had to replace the front bumper on it. It took two months just to find one somewhere in the country that was new in stock and wasn't warped. We must have went through a dozen of them trying to find one that wasn't as wavy as the ocean. The bumper alone, UNPAINTED, was 800 bucks.

The car was completely stock, but had issues like a race car. So, never a Dodge product again.

03MachMe
04-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Damn all these complaints are making me rethink the idea of possibly getting the wife a new Durango here soon....

Grandpa
04-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Damn all these complaints are making me rethink the idea of possibly getting the wife a new Durango here soon....

I'd highly advise it..

03MachMe
04-17-2014, 12:47 PM
I'd highly advise it..

Its really the only option out there that isn't a big suv and can tow my car on a trailer. We love the new Explorer but can only tow 5k lbs. That's pushing it with my pig of a car

JDMLOL
04-17-2014, 01:10 PM
I've never been a fan of dodge. There's a reason why Daimler group dropped them like a hot potato after a few years of ownership. Everyone that I know has had some sort of issue and their wear items seem to last only a quarter as long as GM's or ford's. Their trucks have that caravan look and feel. Ew.

DirtyD
04-17-2014, 01:59 PM
The charger looks like a grown up Dart...but still ugly.

Challenger looks good, and I think the shaker system is a great add on.

DirtyD
04-17-2014, 02:02 PM

Get an excursion. LOLOLOLOL

03MachMe
04-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Get an excursion. LOLOLOLOL

Ha you so funny.....

DirtyD
04-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Ha you so funny.....
How does the Durango's size compare to other SUVs in the same class?

03MachMe
04-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Slightly larger than a Explorer bit not as big as the expedition or Tahoe. She won't drive something that big and doesn't want the grand Cherokee because sister in law has one

DirtyD
04-17-2014, 02:18 PM
Slightly larger than a Explorer bit not as big as the expedition or Tahoe. She won't drive something that big and doesn't want the grand Cherokee because sister in law has one
Yeah, I can understand that. My mom has the Expy EL, and it's pretty damn big. But she's been used to driving Econoline's for at least 12 years.

Why not get an SRT8 GC? Still haul the car, and would be better than the SIL's. /sarcasm

Is that 5k towing the Ecoboost Explorer?

03MachMe
04-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I can understand that. My mom has the Expy EL, and it's pretty damn big. But she's been used to driving Econoline's for at least 12 years.

Why not get an SRT8 GC? Still haul the car, and would be better than the SIL's. /sarcasm

The v6 and v6 ecoboost yes, 4cyl ecoboost is only 2k

DirtyD
04-17-2014, 02:34 PM
The v6 and v6 ecoboost yes, 4cyl ecoboost is only 2k
Damn, that's kind of sad...especially when the older v8 exploders could haul 6-7k

saunupe1911
04-17-2014, 04:07 PM
Like you said, Dodge dealerships are horrible and that is being kind. They over charge on everything, go out of their way looking for things to charge for, nothing is EVER in stock for a SRT product and then they charge extra to order things. They took my car out and beat on it like crazy too.

As for the car, well, it ran good, but the build quality is just sub-par. I had to replace the electric fans twice, interior rattled like crazy. I had to replace the front bumper on it. It took two months just to find one somewhere in the country that was new in stock and wasn't warped. We must have went through a dozen of them trying to find one that wasn't as wavy as the ocean. The bumper alone, UNPAINTED, was 800 bucks.

The car was completely stock, but had issues like a race car. So, never a Dodge product again.

Wow that's crazy. I guess you live in learn. But some of the vehicles virtually have no competition and Dodge knows. But Chrysler/Fiat probably won't get my dime again unless their business model improves.

saunupe1911
04-17-2014, 04:10 PM

Have you seen the sticker SRT8 GC or even a fully loaded GC. It will blow your mind. Most Dodge dealerships don't even keep a single SRT8 GC on the lot. They'll have Viper before a SRT8 GC

Klownz
04-17-2014, 04:11 PM
With a little modification you can make the stang a wagon...lol

Stangmaster281
04-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Challenger still kind of looks the same and the charger looked better before they gave it a facelift. So is that challenger supposed to be the new hellcat or what?

garner
04-18-2014, 03:21 AM
Crazy some of the issues y'all had. My dad had no issues on his srt8 chally, and I had no real issues on my 2 rams that were beat on everyday(wot into 2nd prime, big no no). One time I had to take one of them to the dealer for what I thought was a rear end or transmission issue(tc light flashing even in 4th gear), and the dealer asked what times I ran a couple days earlier(track numbers and dial in still on it). Dealer had no issue checking out the truck, even gave me a fully loaded challenger R/T for a loaner

But back on topic, I like a lot of the new changes. Just feel bad for the guys that are paying markups for the 2014 shaker models, when they're gonna make them in 2015 :/

fordplay
04-18-2014, 07:43 AM
Love the new challenger, hate the dart. . Err charger.. why.. just why? And yeah build quality sucks on those cars.. it's sad also because for the price... one of the guys I work with keeps his srt8 chally in the garage and drives his 89 f150 most of the time because according to him. It's more reliable, as for the ram .. yeah I used to off road pretty serious, the ram always died first.. you don't see many ram work trucks.. There is a reason

Dominic Toretto
04-18-2014, 10:06 AM
So they put the 392 in the R/T models now?

-Alex

saunupe1911
04-18-2014, 10:22 AM
So they put the 392 in the R/T models now?

-Alex

Yep...with that 8 speed too. And brembos. Seems to me its replacing the SRT Core models.

Dominic Toretto
04-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Yep...with that 8 speed too. And brembos. Seems to me its replacing the SRT Core models.

Well hopefully the price stays in line with the current R/Ts then. If this is the case then it's what I have been hoping for. An R/T that finally is in line with the SS and GTs it's priced with.

Sounds extremely tempting for a trade.

-Alex

Midnight11
04-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Tahoe Ryan

saunupe1911
04-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Well hopefully the price stays in line with the current R/Ts then. If this is the case then it's what I have been hoping for. An R/T that finally is in line with the SS and GTs it's priced with.

Sounds extremely tempting for a trade.

-Alex

There's never been a Dodge with a 392 and Brembos for under $40k. Not happening.

Dominic Toretto
04-18-2014, 11:08 AM
There's never been a Dodge with a 392 and Brembos for under $40k. Not happening.

R/Ts always started right at $30k so the argument can go both ways. We just have to wait to see brosef.

-Alex

rriddle3
04-18-2014, 12:31 PM
The Charger looks like a very nice design - for a 4 door family sedan. For a performance/muscle car, the front end simply screams :thumbsdown:

JDMLOL
04-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Dodge hit a home run with the Challenger's updated lighting, interior, and 8 speed trans for the Hemi.

Just realized they added the halos to the headlights. I'm surprised it took dodge what? Seven years to add something like that. Challenger owners have been adding those ebay/traders village halos themselves for years...

1andonlywhitie
04-19-2014, 02:06 PM
New Challenger, IMHO, looks awesome. It was long-due for an interior upgrade and the exterior got changed just enough to make it fresh again. I'm gonna go look at them when they roll in to dealerships just to say I did. Out of all the '15 year models coming I love the look of Challengers the best but they're just so damn big and heavy...

New Charger I see what they were shooting for but it did lose a little edginess. the grille looks good to me in that it kinda resembles the '69 grille that runs the width of the car but it is a little soft edged for me... still, if I needed a decently priced 4-door I would strongly consider a Charger...

SixPak
06-26-2014, 07:35 PM
I always liked the looks of the Challenger/Cuda's.
I never bought one tho because every one I ever rode in or drove was a Rattle-Trap POS.
That goes for all Chrysler products, IMO.