PDA

View Full Version : Conversation with American Muscle

Dominic Toretto
04-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Jonathan C: Hi there, how may i help you?

Visitor: Good morning. Would you happen to know the amount of these wheels that are actually in stock?

Jonathan C: Sadly we dont have any inventory info

Visitor: Oh okay, do you know when this item became stocked again?

Jonathan C: like i said, i dont have that info.

Visitor: Your response is extremely rude. I don't know what you do or don't consider "inventory" information.

Visitor: If you don't know when an item became available, it's okay to say that. Customer's don't know if your warehouse is on site or not.

Jonathan C: I didnt mean to be rude.

Visitor: Bye.

Jonathan C: sorry for that

Jonathan C: have a nice day!

Seriously?

-Alex

DirtyD
04-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Why did you call yourself "visitor"? LOL

AM stands for average morons, which are typically the people working their call center. A Soulowd said he called to ask about the 15x8 Racestars for the rear of the car. The girl on the phone then proceeded to tell him that those would no clear the Brembo brakes. She apparently missed the part where he said rear, which have the same brakes through all models. :banghead:

Dominic Toretto
04-10-2014, 12:37 PM
It was a chat conversation. I just copied and pasted the text. My first thought was to cuss the guy out but, I figured maybe he was just having a bad day. Anyway, just glad that they finally have the set of wheels back in stock so I can get the other two I needed from a year ago.

-Alex

rriddle3
04-10-2014, 01:58 PM
I would love to see the other fellow's 'copy and pasted' version. I wonder if it would look the same? It's pointless to post something like this when the other side cannot defend itself. It makes me wonder how long you may have worked in direct public contact service.

Anyway, I understood exactly what he meant by 'inventory information'.

Dominic Toretto
04-10-2014, 03:40 PM
LOL @ "'copy and pasted' version." If he doesn't alter it, it would be a duplicate of this.

No need to lie, especially since I plan on still buying the wheels tomorrow. Different companies have different "meanings" of certain things. They shouldn't assume any customer knows what exactly they might mean. Glad you understood though.

-Alex

kdanner
04-10-2014, 07:38 PM
Never spent a dime there, never will. Guy needed an RXT clutch the other day and I showed him where amazon.com sells it for $100 less than AM. When Amazon's site says it is in stock, it is in stock, no backorder bullshit.

DirtyD
04-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Never spent a dime there, never will. Guy needed an RXT clutch the other day and I showed him where amazon.com sells it for $100 less than AM. When Amazon's site says it is in stock, it is in stock, no backorder bullshit.

People get blinded by the AM light a lot.

Crimson600+HP
04-10-2014, 09:07 PM
I see where AM serves it's purpose. It is the Walmart of the Mustang aftermarket world. It may not always be the best place to get a part, but you know they probably will have it listed on their website.

I've always bought most of my stuff from the guys at LateModelResto, but then again...they are right down the street from me. Willing to pay the state taxes for great customer service and fast shipping (usually two days to my house).

5PointSlow
04-10-2014, 10:19 PM
I see where AM serves it's purpose. It is the Walmart of the Mustang aftermarket world. It may not always be the best place to get a part, but you know they probably will have it listed on their website.

I've always bought most of my stuff from the guys at LateModelResto, but then again...they are right down the street from me. Willing to pay the state taxes for great customer service and fast shipping (usually two days to my house).

hell i ordered brake pads on tues from them and they showed up yesterday afternoon. Free ground that is basically overnight FTW!

Dominic Toretto
04-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Honestly this was the first negativ experience I've had with them. I've ordered plenty from AM and never had a problem with a part or transaction. Just found this conversation a bit subpar.

-Alex

garner
04-10-2014, 11:16 PM
Strange that the person couldn't tell you when the item would be in stock. Back when my AMR wheels were out of stock, the guy told me end of the year(which meant like December 18th in my case)

Soulowd
04-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Yeah it's been pissing me off
List of mustang companies with crappy customer service:
AM
Late Model Resto
Dallas Mustang
PT's(yes the strip club)

03MachMe
04-11-2014, 12:54 AM
List of companies with amazing customer service :

Hypermotive!!!!

JDMLOL
04-11-2014, 08:02 AM
List of companies with amazing customer service :

Hypermotive!!!!

I second that!

Soulowd
04-11-2014, 09:00 AM
I second that!

Third that!

They were the ones that's cleared up the 15x8 brake clearance question.

DirtyD
04-11-2014, 09:12 AM
I've never really had to deal with Latemodel for any customer service stuff, as it's always online orders. But to me, they are the second place behind Hypermotive where I would order from.

Grandpa
04-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Yeah it's been pissing me off
List of mustang companies with crappy customer service:
AM
Late Model Resto
Dallas Mustang
PT's(yes the strip club)

AM seems to be hit and miss. Depends on who answers the phone. But they tend to screw up shipping.

Latemodel has always been great for me.

Dallas Mustang has always been horrible. Huge warehouse, but never had anything in stock for the late model stuff. Everytime I went in there, "don't have it, but we can order it for you". Well shit, I could have stayed at home and done that myself cutting DM out of the deal making it much cheaper.

STROKD
04-11-2014, 11:25 AM
I bought some billet antennas and a accufab billet egr delete for the vert from there, got it fast and shipping was free. I cant complain. If you know what you want its a good place to order from. Lol

STROKD
04-11-2014, 11:26 AM
AM seems to be hit and miss. Depends on who answers the phone. But they tend to screw up shipping.

Latemodel has always been great for me.

Dallas Mustang has always been horrible. Huge warehouse, but never had anything in stock for the late model stuff. Everytime I went in there, "don't have it, but we can order it for you". Well shit, I could have stayed at home and done that myself cutting DM out of the deal making it much cheaper.

Lol FUCK Dallas Mustang. If it caught on fire Id be there to piss on the ashes.

Dominic Toretto
04-11-2014, 11:34 AM
I've ordered tons of parts from AM and never had a problem with shipping or a product. I'd recommend them actually since the service with them is usually stellar. I ordered the wheels last night online and called this morning to confirm since I did not receive the confirmation email. The person that answered was more than friendly, got me the email and confirmed when my ordered should be arriving. I normally get stuff from there within a very short window.

That's why I was so shocked with this particular conversation I had earlier. I usually get great service. Sorry for those that don't.

-Alex

Soulowd
04-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Yeah American muscle it's really good on shipping and ordering if you know exactly what you want. Don't ever ask them for a recommendation or product information. Late-model restoration has some pretty knowledgeable people but there was one particular asshole there that I almost got into a cussing match with he was so rude on the phone. They also screwed up an order and didn't even put my information into the system so it took forever to get to me. But you better believe they didn't have a problem charging me $$$. I remember back in the day dallas Mustang was the place to go something happened along the way but they got too big for their pants

my95z28
04-12-2014, 02:32 AM
I'm missing the part where it was a rude response? He didn't tell you to quit badgering him for info or anything, merely said that he didn't have the requested information.

Dominic Toretto
04-12-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm missing the part where it was a rude response? He didn't tell you to quit badgering him for info or anything, merely said that he didn't have the requested information.

Telling me "Like I said" is rude. I understood that just fine.

-Alex

re-rx7
04-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Lol FUCK Dallas Mustang. If it caught on fire Id be there to piss on the ashes.

AHAHAHA :rotflmao:

blownaltered
04-13-2014, 08:48 PM
I always get great service at Dallas Mustang. I always deal with the same guy and I have known him for over a decade so that might help. When I send people there I tell them to deal with my guy and they always come back with good reviews. My problem with other places is if they don't have it on their website you aren't getting it. I can go to dallas mustang and order anything even if it's not on their site and get a better deal than ordering directly storm the manufacturer. I like being able to see the parts in person before I buy them. I guess that's just me