PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Golf R. STi's new headache

STROKD
04-08-2014, 11:25 AM
290 hp awd, 3200 ish lbs, huge brake, 19s stock, 0 to 60 in 4.9 with dual clutch auto... 34 k. sounds like win to me, wife is getting one when her Gti is up next year... should make some good pwr with a reflash and exhaust. prob a 12 sec car for under 2 grand in mods and throw down 35+ mpg...

Its no Mustang, but they might piss you off, especially off the green light.

DirtyD
04-08-2014, 11:29 AM
Always been a fan of Golfs. Just sucks they are such a pain for maintenance after the warranty.

Grandpa
04-08-2014, 11:50 AM
Post some pics, dork!

Dominic Toretto
04-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Golfs are WWD right?

-Alex

STROKD
04-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Golfs are WWD right?

-Alex

Regular ones are, the R is the R32 replacement, theyve always been Audi awd...

Crimson600+HP
04-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Haha, hot hatches making a comeback. Finally VW is giving it enough power to stay with the rest of the rest of the pack. Still will have a hard time if it is still FWD...or WWD as Dom put it.

JDMLOL
04-08-2014, 01:24 PM
Will this have the 2.5t. Essentially the TT rs motor?

STROKD
04-08-2014, 01:25 PM
For Steve that cant find the google search,:) The blue is specific for the R cars, and seriously bad ass imo

http://www.gtspirit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/2015-Volkswagen-Golf-R-640x426.jpg

http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roadandtrack/images/cq/P1040758-lg.JPG

http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roadandtrack/images/wH/P1040765-lg.JPG

http://i.i.cbsi.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim2/2013/09/10/vw_mk7_golfR_02.jpg

http://www.roadandtrack.com/cm/roadandtrack/images/Uz/2015GolfR03-md.JPG

http://www.beyond.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015-vw-golf-r-frankfurt-3.jpg

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/media/563078/2015-volkswagen-golf-r-photo-564896-s-1280x782.jpg

http://static.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/styles/gallery/public/vw-golf-r.jpg?itok=Ut2ypf84

This is what ours will look like, color and wheel option.
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/c_dm16Oh3kU/maxresdefault.jpg

Grandpa
04-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's nuts to spend nearly $40k on a VW? lol

STROKD
04-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Will this have the 2.5t. Essentially the TT rs motor?

no, it has the new EA888, 2.0 with a fuck ton of boost. I think its a factory T04 turbo.

Crimson, ITS ALL WHEEL DRIVE. :favorites37:

6 speed manual or DSG which is like an E gear or PDK. DSG is 3 tenths faster to 60...:iranmaybe:

STROKD
04-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Am I the only one who thinks it's nuts to spend nearly $40k on a VW? lol

I suppose, our current Autobahn was 34k and its a really nice car... Id rather have this car for the same price though.:chewie:

DirtyD
04-08-2014, 01:41 PM
I dig it. A few upgrades to this car will have it handing a good number of Mustangs their tails.

Dominic Toretto
04-08-2014, 02:31 PM
I like everything but, I wouldn't spend $40k on it. Not my style for that kind of money.

-Alex

donutninja
04-08-2014, 02:34 PM
I love that hot hatches are finally making a comeback. They can be really fun to drive, usually get great gas mileage, and are somewhat functional. I want to go play around in one.

STROKD
04-08-2014, 02:45 PM
I like everything but, I wouldn't spend $40k on it. Not my style for that kind of money.

-Alex

Its not 40 k. Its 34 loaded. R's have no options besides how many doors you want. 4 doors only at launch, hopefully the 2 door comes around next summer. They are the same length, but the 2 door looks sportier to me and is about 50 lbs lighter.

Dominic Toretto
04-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Its not 40 k. Its 34 loaded. R's have no options besides how many doors you want. 4 doors only at launch, hopefully the 2 door comes around next summer. They are the same length, but the 2 door looks sportier to me and is about 50 lbs lighter.

Oh okay cool, thanks for clearing that up.

Any interior picks? Curious to see how much Bugatti influence is in this car.

-Alex

Grandpa
04-08-2014, 03:07 PM

After financing, taxes and interest, it's a $40k car. I know the bottom line isn't your strong suit, but you have to be real here. lol

Dominic Toretto
04-08-2014, 03:13 PM
After financing, taxes and interest, it's a $40k car. I know the bottom line isn't your strong suit, but you have to be real here. lol

Making a huge assumption. Not everyone has terrible credit. The car itself is one price. That's the question. Your arguement is like including maintenance as the actual price to buy the car.

-Alex

Grandpa
04-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Making a huge assumption. Not everyone has terrible credit. The car itself is one price. That's the question. Your arguement is like including maintenance as the actual price to buy the car.

-Alex

I disagree. Unless you pay cash, those will be factors involved in the cost of the car when you sign the papers for the car. It's simple math.

DirtyD
04-08-2014, 03:23 PM
I only come up with about $37k after TT&L. :shrug:

You don't include financing, IMO, since not everyone finances.

Grandpa
04-08-2014, 03:35 PM
I only come up with about $37k after TT&L. :shrug:

You don't include financing, IMO, since not everyone finances.

Most people finance, it's a reasonable assumption. Matt would definitely finance it since he doesn't care about the bottom line. All he cares about is the monthly payment.

Dominic Toretto
04-08-2014, 03:38 PM
I disagree. Unless you pay cash, those will be factors involved in the cost of the car when you sign the papers for the car. It's simple math.

Not the case. The price of the car, and the price to finance a car are not the same thing.

The MSRP is the cost of the car, period. The cost to finance a car is not the same as the price to buy the car. By your logic, we could assume the car is a $50k or even $60k car as well if you want to assume the cost after financing based on some people's credit:iranmaybe:

-Alex

re-rx7
04-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Ford is bring the RS over next year. Will have the 4cyl mustang engine. Ruh ROh.

Courtesy Flush
04-08-2014, 04:02 PM
Ford is bring the RS over next year. Will have the 4cyl mustang engine. Ruh ROh.

I read they ruled out AWD for the RS and in spite of that, id buy a golf r.

re-rx7
04-08-2014, 04:24 PM
I read they ruled out AWD for the RS and in spite of that, id buy a golf r.

Have you ever owned a AWD car?

BERT
04-08-2014, 04:25 PM
All he cares about is the monthly payment.

And that's a problem?

re-rx7
04-08-2014, 04:43 PM
And that's a problem?

Actually yea...

DirtyD
04-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Actually yea...
He didn't quote your post, Brandon.

Grandpa
04-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Not the case. The price of the car, and the price to finance a car are not the same thing.

The MSRP is the cost of the car, period. The cost to finance a car is not the same as the price to buy the car. By your logic, we could assume the car is a $50k or even $60k car as well if you want to assume the cost after financing based on some people's credit:iranmaybe:

-Alex

I disagree.

And that's a problem?

Not for a baller like yourself.

Courtesy Flush
04-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Have you ever owned a AWD car?

Yes, B5 S4.

traded an MS3 for the mustang in 2011.

re-rx7
04-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Yes, B5 S4.

traded an MS3 for the mustang in 2011.

THe weight will be down is the reasoning behind staying FWD. The car will also have LSD.

re-rx7
04-08-2014, 05:36 PM
He didn't quote your post, Brandon.

SO?

STROKD
04-08-2014, 05:40 PM

Everything financed has a bottom line. When my house is paid for itll cost me over 350 grand. Is it a 350 k house? No its a gd 200 k house. Same goes for cars and everything in life that isnt paid cash for. Same thing can also be said for a new Mustang etc, you cant add that and taxes in to the total because its just part of the deal. I mean you can but its not comparing apples. I personally think this car is worth 34 k. A new Mustang not so much.

Grandpa
04-08-2014, 05:44 PM
Everything financed has a bottom line. When my house is paid for itll cost me over 350 grand. Is it a 350 k house? No its a gd 200 k house. Same goes for cars and everything in life that isnt paid cash for. Same thing can also be said for a new Mustang etc, you cant add that and taxes in to the total because its just part of the deal. I mean you can but its not comparing apples. I personally think this car is worth 34 k. A new Mustang not so much.

The market maybe 200k, but if you pay 350k for the house, then that is what it cost you. Same for the car. If the car is 34k, but it costs you $40k due to everything added on to it, then it cost you 40k. If you have to finance the car, it's no longer 34k. You wouldn't be able to leave the dealership with it without the added expenses to the car unless you pay cash. It's pretty black and white.

STROKD
04-08-2014, 05:51 PM
And that's a problem?

I dont see it as a problem. Steve and I are in different worlds, he acts like my grandparents about buying cars,and thats cool, but I dont keep cars forever, I fucken HATE selling cars to lowballing pricks because everyone thinks they are Richard Rawlings, so I prefer to lease a daily car so Im not stuck with it or fucked being upside down. Case in point, my CC is worth about 14 grand and I owe 18... in 4 months I wont owe a gd thing because Im giving it back to VW... just saved about 4 grand after payments...:chewie:

All that said, leasing this car wikk be at LEAST 300/mo cheaper than leasing a similar sticker priced Mustang... thats about 11 grand i save in 3 years in payments...

STROKD
04-08-2014, 05:55 PM
The market maybe 200k, but if you pay 350k for the house, then that is what it cost you. Same for the car. If the car is 34k, but it costs you $40k due to everything added on to it, then it cost you 40k. If you have to finance the car, it's no longer 34k. You wouldn't be able to leave the dealership with it without the added expenses to the car unless you pay cash. It's pretty black and white.

Spin it how you wish, ts a 34 k sticker car. Thats what Dom and everyone posting asked...

BERT
04-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Actually yea...

All depends

BERT
04-08-2014, 06:01 PM
I dont see it as a problem. Steve and I are in different worlds,..

It's not just with you LMAO

but you know that already

Grandpa
04-08-2014, 06:01 PM
I dont see it as a problem. Steve and I are in different worlds, he acts like my grandparents about buying cars,and thats cool, but I dont keep cars forever, I fucken HATE selling cars to lowballing pricks because everyone thinks they are Richard Rawlings, so I prefer to lease a daily car so Im not stuck with it or fucked being upside down. Case in point, my CC is worth about 14 grand and I owe 18... in 4 months I wont owe a gd thing because Im giving it back to VW... just saved about 4 grand after payments...:chewie:

All that said, leasing this car wikk be at LEAST 300/mo cheaper than leasing a similar sticker priced Mustang... thats about 11 grand i save in 3 years in payments...

I hate debt, even more so I hate wasting money. As it is, you are taxed when you earn your money. Taxed again when you spend it. Then certain people who love to run up their credit card bills want to add interest in addition to being taxed.

Leasing a car is a waste of money in my opinion. Look at your situation now, you have months left on your lease and running out of miles and now you're sweating your transportation issues.

Leasing a car is fine for people who aren't up to their eyeballs in debt and are okay knowing they will always have a payment and never own anything out right.

I don't mind spending money, I just rather be smart as possible about it and get the most for the money, not the other way around.

Grandpa
04-08-2014, 06:07 PM
it's not just with you lmao

but you know that already

fym!

STROKD
04-08-2014, 06:43 PM
I hate debt, even more so I hate wasting money. As it is, you are taxed when you earn your money. Taxed again when you spend it. Then certain people who love to run up their credit card bills want to add interest in addition to being taxed.

Leasing a car is a waste of money in my opinion. Look at your situation now, you have months left on your lease and running out of miles and now you're sweating your transportation issues.

Leasing a car is fine for people who aren't up to their eyeballs in debt and are okay knowing they will always have a payment and never own anything out right.

I don't mind spending money, I just rather be smart as possible about it and get the most for the money, not the other way around.if I had my car purchased, Id be stuck like Chuck for another 2.5 years hoping someone would steal it so I didnt have to write a check to get something else.

Im one of those that will always have a car payment, or two, or three. Its just like I know Ill have a mortgage... its similar to rent for an apt with a write off. Having debt doesnt bother me, as I was brought up that way and thats all I know. What bothers me is not making enough damn money. Lol I wont be in my same situation forever, just the next 2 or so years or till i find another job.

garner
04-09-2014, 02:25 AM

Might as well include fuel, insurance, maintenance, and repairs too. Then it's like a $65-70k car over the average loan term

Dominic Toretto
04-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Steve, cost and what-you-pay are not the same. Simple as that. If I walk into a service station, take a $1.00 bottle of water to the counter, give the cashier a $5.00 and walk out without change, the price of the water is still $1.00 regardless of what I paid for it. Sheesh.

-Alex

Grandpa
04-09-2014, 12:00 PM
Steve, cost and what-you-pay are not the same. Simple as that. If I walk into a service station, take a $1.00 bottle of water to the counter, give the cashier a $5.00 and walk out without change, the price of the water is still $1.00 regardless of what I paid for it. Sheesh.

-Alex

Ok, well go into the dealership and tell them all you will pay is what is on the sticker and try to drive off the lot with it. Let's see how that works out for ya. lol

03MachMe
04-09-2014, 12:04 PM
On most cars with the rebates and such, they will gladly take sticker lol

DirtyD
04-09-2014, 12:08 PM
lol

My car OTD was $2k less than MSRP with only 1 rebate.

Grandpa
04-09-2014, 12:10 PM

To use Alex's analogy, if someone went into a store to buy a $1.00 bottle of water, the clerk rings up the bottle and it comes up to $1.12 due to tax, but they put down $1.00 and walk out. You'd be there in your blue uniform, mace and taser in hand to do work for theft. :lol:

DirtyD
04-09-2014, 12:11 PM
To use Alex's analogy, if someone went into a store to buy a $1.00 bottle of water, the clerk rings up the bottle and it comes up to $1.12 due to tax, but they put down $1.00 and walk out. You'd be there in your blue uniform, mace and taser in hand to do work for theft. :lol:
Actually, Alex said $5.

I've had convience stores dismiss up to $0.15 before.

Grandpa
04-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Actually, Alex said $5.

You're missing the point, troll. Keep up.

03MachMe
04-09-2014, 12:12 PM
That's not what you just said tho. You said go to a dealer and tell them your only going to pay sticker. I paid out the door under what my sticker said so I could have done that and been fine

Grandpa
04-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Actually, Alex said $5.

I've had convience stores dismiss up to $0.15 before.

I've never met an engineer so impervious to logic and reason before until I met you. :poker:

Dominic Toretto
04-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Ok, well go into the dealership and tell them all you will pay is what is on the sticker and try to drive off the lot with it. Let's see how that works out for ya. lol

A few points.

Actually, people do exactly what you posted and pay what they want because they are baller status and have tens of thousands of dollars in their accounts.

Also, with rebates on new cars, you can pay less than with the car actually costs and with 0% financing, you do pay for the cost of the car.

Are you still somehow trying to be "that guy", by still arguing against the fact that the cost of financing an item is somehow the same amount as the cost of the item being financed? I know you like to argue, even when the facts are right there but, come on bro :). My analogy is pretty simple to understand.

-Alex

DirtyD
04-09-2014, 12:15 PM
You're missing the point, troll. Keep up.
If you are going to call me a troll, at least quote and use exactly what someone stated in their argument. Don't start changing things.

I bet if you go into a gas station a good number of them would dismiss the $0.12 on a bottle of water. I've had that happen plenty of times with me.

If you walked into anywhere and said that you aren't going to pay taxes or anything on what you want to buy, that's a different story.

DirtyD
04-09-2014, 12:17 PM
I've never met an engineer so impervious to logic and reason before until I met you. :poker:
I've never met a guy so dead set on arguing anything just to do it. I see nothing in my post that makes me impervious to logic. I'm sorry that you failed to comprehend a simple statement in front of your eyes in perfectly legible text.

garner
04-09-2014, 12:18 PM

Uh it works lol

Dealer local to me, guy paid about $23k less than the sticker price combined of both cars he bought

Grandpa
04-09-2014, 12:19 PM
If you are going to call me a troll, at least quote and use exactly what someone stated in their argument. Don't start changing things.

I bet if you go into a gas station a good number of them would dismiss the $0.12 on a bottle of water. I've had that happen plenty of times with me.

If you walked into anywhere and said that you aren't going to pay taxes or anything on what you want to buy, that's a different story.

You're splitting hairs to suit your argument. You know damn well stealerships don't give away anything. lol.

Grandpa
04-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Uh it works lol

Dealer local to me, guy paid about $23k less than the sticker price combined of both cars he bought

You know exactly what I mean, don't twist what I said confusing negotiating a price and not paying taxes or finance interest on a car . Come on now. lol:lol:

Grandpa
04-09-2014, 12:22 PM
I've never met a guy so dead set on arguing anything just to do it. I see nothing in my post that makes me impervious to logic. I'm sorry that you failed to comprehend a simple statement in front of your eyes in perfectly legible text.

It was a facetious comment, don't get your panties twisted and have yet another meltdown.

Grandpa
04-09-2014, 12:23 PM
A few points.

Actually, people do exactly what you posted and pay what they want because they are baller status and have tens of thousands of dollars in their accounts.

Also, with rebates on new cars, you can pay less than with the car actually costs and with 0% financing, you do pay for the cost of the car.

Are you still somehow trying to be "that guy", by still arguing against the fact that the cost of financing an item is somehow the same amount as the cost of the item being financed? I know you like to argue, even when the facts are right there but, come on bro :). My analogy is pretty simple to understand.

-Alex

You aren't being any fun today. :D

garner
04-09-2014, 12:24 PM
You know exactly what I mean, don't twist what I said confusing negotiating a price and not paying taxes or finance interest on a car . Come on now. lol:lol:

Well you said walk in and tell them all you wanna pay is sticker, that's technically negotiating. And this guy paid taxes, about $12k worth of taxes

But yeah I get what you're saying lol

DirtyD
04-09-2014, 12:24 PM
You're splitting hairs to suit your argument. You know damn well stealerships don't give away anything. lol.
And you aren't? That's all you ever do. You take something somebody said, then only remove and use pieces of their statement to completely make a new statement that has nothing to do with anything else. You are just a human version of mass media.

Who said anything about giving something away? I can walk into a dealership right now and they already have F-150s marked $12k below MSRP. But wait, that's not possible because dealerships don't give anything away! Fact is your argument fails, but you won't admit it. The price of an item is a set value. How you choose to pay for that item does not change the price of the item for everyone else, just what you pay for it.

Dominic Toretto
04-09-2014, 12:25 PM
The price of an item is a set value. How you choose to pay for that item does not change the price of the item for everyone else, just what you pay for it.

/Argument.

What I've been saying. This is pure fact, not left up to interpretation.

-Alex

DirtyD
04-09-2014, 12:26 PM
It was a facetious comment, don't get your panties twisted and have yet another meltdown.
My boxers are still straight. I'm just wondering why you always feel the need to bring that statement into these discussions?

If I knew what you actually did for a living, I doubt it would make a bit of difference in this discussion.

Grandpa
04-09-2014, 12:38 PM
And you aren't? That's all you ever do. You take something somebody said, then only remove and use pieces of their statement to completely make a new statement that has nothing to do with anything else. You are just a human version of mass media.

Who said anything about giving something away? I can walk into a dealership right now and they already have F-150s marked $12k below MSRP. But wait, that's not possible because dealerships don't give anything away! Fact is your argument fails, but you won't admit it. The price of an item is a set value. How you choose to pay for that item does not change the price of the item for everyone else, just what you pay for it.

You've completely missed my point and are entirely missed what I was talking about and arguing on something else entirely. Therefor I've been poking fun at you and you just take the ball and run with it. Just forget it and I will go back to ignoring you. lol

DirtyD
04-09-2014, 12:42 PM
...you just take the ball and run with it...

I can do that quite well. I played wide reciever in high school. :poker:

Grandpa
04-09-2014, 12:45 PM
I can do that quite well. I played wide reciever in high school. :poker:

I bet you did..:lol:

DirtyD
04-09-2014, 12:48 PM
I bet you did..:lol:
Only freshman year though. Focused on baseball from there on out.

Grandpa
04-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Only freshman year though. Focused on baseball from there on out.

That's because even the cheerleaders were taller than you after freshman year. :poker:

DirtyD
04-09-2014, 01:04 PM
That's because even the cheerleaders were taller than you after freshman year. :poker:
No joke. I was 4-9 in 7th grade, 5-4 in 8th, then summer after freshman year I was 5-10. Pretty much where I stopped. I was the only white guy that could actually catch a football though, but my height hindered me.

JDMLOL
04-11-2014, 08:58 PM
I agree with Strokd about leasing. Leasing is the smartest way of having a vehicle under these conditions: 1. You don't drive more than 12-15k per year. 2. you don't keep your cars longer than 5-6 years on average 3. you don't mind driving something fairly unmodified.

Unless you plan on keeping the vehicle until after it's paid for or you have a large pile of cash to put down on the car to offset the depreciation expense that WILL inevitably occur, why would someone not want to lease if they meet the above criteria? Putting 10% or less down on a car and financing it for 60 or 72 months is a recipe for becoming upside down.

STROKD
04-13-2014, 02:59 PM
I agree with Strokd about leasing. Leasing is the smartest way of having a vehicle under these conditions: 1. You don't drive more than 12-15k per year. 2. you don't keep your cars longer than 5-6 years on average 3. you don't mind driving something fairly unmodified.

Unless you plan on keeping the vehicle until after it's paid for or you have a large pile of cash to put down on the car to offset the depreciation expense that WILL inevitably occur, why would someone not want to lease if they meet the above criteria? Putting 10% or less down on a car and financing it for 60 or 72 months is a recipe for becoming upside down.

Well said.:happy107:

The more I read about this damn car, the more I want one.