PDA

View Full Version : The New Tremor

Stone
04-02-2014, 02:03 PM
So following Steve's trend of getting out of his Mustang, and I know PCB will hate me for this, but I'm trading in ole green. The truck's cab height helps with my back issues immensely, and this Tremor is a seriously quick F150. Can't wait to start modding.

:GetMoney:

Grandpa
04-02-2014, 02:10 PM
Nice farm truck!

PCB
04-02-2014, 02:15 PM
Traitor.

Tell your detailer good luck at the Destruction Derby Awards.

:hidesbehindsofa:

I like that truck. If it was a quadcab I would be in trouble and risk of getting one.

Stone
04-02-2014, 02:22 PM
FML PAUL.

:flame:

Oh, and Steve, GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN Acres is the place to be.

DirtyD
04-02-2014, 02:35 PM
I hate those decals. But that's me. I think a decal-less Tremor would be very sneaky. Throw on a few upgrades (downpipe, tune, intake, turboback exhaust) and you have a definite sleeper.

Grandpa
04-02-2014, 02:36 PM
I hate those decals. But that's me. I think a decal-less Tremor would be very sneaky. Throw on a few upgrades (downpipe, tune, intake, turboback exhaust) and you have a definite sleeper.

For racing Hondas..

DirtyD
04-02-2014, 02:45 PM
For racing Hondas..
It's not going to be a 10 sec truck by any means. I guess you have to understand the truck world to get where I'm coming from. There are Supercrews with the above mods running low 13s consistently. MPT has ran 12.8 @ 105 in theirs w/ nitrous. This motor by itself already makes dang near the same power as Lightnings did stock. This truck (Tremor), setup right, would get close to the 11s thanks to less weight and the same mods.

pe7zCV0LRmo

Grandpa
04-02-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm a truck guy as well. I just don't get the point of trying to race something that has the aerodynamics of a house and weighs almost as much. You'd have better luck trying to iceskate uphill or trying to swim without using your arms. You can do it, but it doesn't work very well. lmao. My trucks are for hauling the family and hauling gear in the bed.

PCB
04-02-2014, 03:10 PM
I'm a truck guy as well. I just don't get the point of trying to race something that has the aerodynamics of a house and weighs almost as much. You'd have better luck trying to iceskate uphill or trying to swim without using your arms. You can do it, but it doesn't work very well. lmao. My trucks are for hauling the family and hauling gear in the bed.

I agree, but having it a 12 second truck you can pull a boat, put camping gear in or throw the family in. Not bad. Is it fast by todays standards? Nope. It would be a quick, fun truck.

Grandpa
04-02-2014, 03:25 PM
I agree, but having it a 12 second truck you can pull a boat, put camping gear in or throw the family in. Not bad. Is it fast by todays standards? Nope. It would be a quick, fun truck.

I understand and agree with the pulling aspect of it. I was more or less just poking fun at it.

I've gone from a hotrod/toy to a truck before as a sole transportation thing and it never works out. You will always get bored once you get hooked on the speed addiction. When you don't have a fun toy, something just feels like it's...missing, incomplete. lol. That's why I have both, toys and trucks. :)

DirtyD
04-02-2014, 03:26 PM

What Paul said below. People that own truck still want better performance out of them from the factory. The point isn't to break records, but to have something that you feel is fun to drive. It just comes down to personal tastes. With a legit tune from MPT, Livernois, or 5 Star, you now have a gas V6 truck that makes almost 500 rwtq. To me, that's just ludicrous. But you still have a usable truck that can act like a truck. Just does it better. :D

PCB
04-02-2014, 03:28 PM
I understand and agree with the pulling aspect of it. I was more or less just poking fun at it.

I've gone from a hotrod/toy to a truck before as a sole transportation thing and it never works out. You will always get bored once you get hooked on the speed addiction. When you don't have a fun toy, something just feels like it's...missing, incomplete. lol. That's why I have both, toys and trucks. :)

Well I mean now that you have a CTS, you can eat your dinners at 5pm and catch Murder She Wrote on CDFI before you hit the bed at 8.

:naughty:

Grandpa
04-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Well I mean now that you have a CTS, you can eat your dinners at 5pm and catch Murder She Wrote on CDFI before you hit the bed at 8.

After the fun ride home from dinner the Mrs. is ready to skip Murder She Wrote and go right to bed. :rape::leghump::High 5::win:

In the 5.0 on the way home she was already...:sleepy::sleepy:

Stone
04-02-2014, 04:32 PM

:shooter:
SHOTS FIRED

Grandpa
04-02-2014, 04:38 PM
:shooter:
SHOTS FIRED

You're firing blanks in your field truck.. :buttkick:

Stone
04-02-2014, 05:11 PM

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM livin is the life for me.

:grd:

PCB
04-02-2014, 05:14 PM

At least the truck is the fastest color. It could be dubbed "The Screamin Seamen II"

Grandpa
04-02-2014, 05:22 PM
At least the truck is the fastest color. It could be dubbed "The Screamin Seamen II"

:lol:

Crimson600+HP
04-02-2014, 07:21 PM
Awesome truck. I liked the idea of the Tremor. I wanted a Regular Cab Toyota Tundra 5.7L with the factory supercharger when I was originally looking back in 2010. That would be a great tow vehicle.

PLASMAN
04-02-2014, 07:29 PM
I have a quad cab EB that is modded and very fun. You will love it

fordplay
04-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Steve
"I'm a truck guy as well. I just don't get the point of trying to race something that has the aerodynamics of a house and weighs almost as much."

I thought we were done talking about the new Z/28 ??

Congratulations on the new vehicle. . Only a 2 seater, too small for a family. But they are a fun truck.. exhaust, tune, intake, meth.. and perfect. .. livernois tuning..

cmanley99
04-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Nice truck

Stone
04-03-2014, 11:57 AM
I thought we were done talking about the new Z/28 ??

Congratulations on the new vehicle. . Only a 2 seater, too small for a family. But they are a fun truck.. exhaust, tune, intake, meth.. and perfect. .. livernois tuning..

I'm unmarried, and am a ways from kids, so it should work well for me. Already got the mods working.... :signs6:

zsommer79
04-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Already got the mods working.... :signs6:

First mod should be to hit those orange mirror reflectors with some plastidip, those things stick out like sore thumbs.

DirtyD
04-03-2014, 02:21 PM
First mod should be to hit those orange mirror reflectors with some plastidip, those things stick out like sore thumbs.
Then they wouldn't be reflectors anymore. lol

DallasGator
04-03-2014, 07:06 PM
why do you need reflectors on your mirrors?

zsommer79
04-03-2014, 11:26 PM

You don't, I haven't looked in a while but the cheaper models a few years ago just had black plastic insert instead of the reflectors which means somebody thought they added to the looks.

Grandpa
04-03-2014, 11:47 PM

So the cows know which way he is turning in the fields..

DirtyD
04-04-2014, 09:31 AM
So the cows know which way he is turning in the fields..
Reflector....not blinker. Derp. :)

JDMLOL
04-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Any idea if the tremor will carry over into the next gen f150?

DirtyD
04-04-2014, 08:44 PM

Doubtful. I think the tremor was ford using parts they already have to make a truck to test the sport truck market and bringing back the lightning. Still a possibility we may get another lightning, but not of ford prices it like they did the tremor.

JDMLOL
04-05-2014, 09:33 AM
Doubtful. I think the tremor was ford using parts they already have to make a truck to test the sport truck market and bringing back the lightning. Still a possibility we may get another lightning, but not of ford prices it like they did the tremor.

I'm surprised it took ford 3 years to decide to make an FX2 single cab. I mean they drop the EB in the four door and extended cab, how damn hard was it to drop one in a single cab as it went down the assembly line?

Stone
04-05-2014, 10:39 AM

This is a definite no. Ford Reps have told me they won't be producing anything other than the 2014s, which is one of the major reasons I decided to pull the trigger. Lightnings in good condition can sell for close to 20k still, and they had a 5? year run. A one year run on these? Yes please.

JDMLOL
04-05-2014, 10:42 AM
This is a definite no. Ford Reps have told me they won't be producing anything other than the 2014s, which is one of the major reasons I decided to pull the trigger. Lightnings in good condition can sell for close to 20k still, and they had a 5? year run. A one year run on these? Yes please.

Damn.

Had the tremor been available a year earlier or if I wouldn't have been in the position for a newer vehicle until now, I would have gotten one.

garner
04-05-2014, 06:28 PM

Tremor is gonna be like the ram R/T. They don't hold value that much cause they're mass produced regular ford

Lightning is more equivalent to the srt10, both made by the specialty section of the company

Stone
04-05-2014, 06:43 PM
Tremor is gonna be like the ram R/T. They don't hold value that much cause they're mass produced regular ford

Lightning is more equivalent to the srt10, both made by the specialty section of the company

Mass produced? That's incorrect. Just like Raptors and Shelbys, dealers get an allocation of Tremors from Ford. Grapevine Ford is tied for the highest volume Ford dealer in DFW(One of the largest markets for Ford), and we received a total of 12. No more. Smaller stores are receiving one 2 wheel drive, and one 4 wheel drive. You cannot order them from the factory. I don't remember the exact number, buts its less than 2000 were made.

garner
04-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Ohhh. Well that explains why I've only seen a few. All the promotions made it seem like it was gonna be mass produced like a standard fx2/4 extended/screw

Stone
04-05-2014, 07:00 PM
I haven't even seen one on the road other than mine. I've seen a few sold, but not out and about.

zsommer79
04-05-2014, 11:49 PM
I wouldn't compare a Lightning to a Tremor, how much suspension work and testing did SVT put into the the development of the Tremor.

DirtyD
04-06-2014, 02:00 PM
The Tremor will not hold value like a Lightning. Because it's just a normal F150 with some stripes. There is nothing special about the Tremor. Whereas the Lightning had a motor not available in any other Ford vehicle at the time, it had a suspension tuned for it's purpose. There aren't a mass number of Tremors produced because of the fact they priced the truck at a stupid MSRP, and not body really wants one. That's why dealers can t sell them, in my opinion.

fordplay
04-07-2014, 07:32 AM
The tremor does have tuned suspension by Ford. Specific Tokico shocks, 4.10 gears, tweaks here and there, no it won't hold value like a lighting, because the lightning has SVT on it and the lightning was around long enough to make a street rep. But it should be fun and with exhaust and tune fast enough

Stone
04-14-2014, 05:14 PM
So after a little "testing" on my vacation....

Raptor 0 - Tremor 1
Hemi Express 0 - Tremor 2
Velociraptor 800 1 - Tremor 0

Fuck that velociraptor.

zsommer79
04-15-2014, 11:38 PM
So after a little "testing" on my vacation....

Raptor 0 - Tremor 1
Hemi Express 0 - Tremor 2
Velociraptor 800 1 - Tremor 0

Fuck that velociraptor.

Where the hell did you run across a velociraptor 800, I thought Hennessey only built a few of those. You sure it wasn't a 600?

Stone
04-16-2014, 10:26 AM
Where the hell did you run across a velociraptor 800, I thought Hennessey only built a few of those. You sure it wasn't a 600?

Outside Austin by Lake Travis. Positive it was an 800. There's three or four 600s that come into my store.