PDA

View Full Version : Thking bout a new ride.

re-rx7
03-28-2014, 06:06 PM
A new 2014 5.0. The plan is to get a base 6spd car with recaros and track pack the add a Ford Rcing supercharger. The rebates and me buying it on D plan would put me where iam now payment wise.

The question is do this or wait for the 2015?

blownaltered
03-28-2014, 06:12 PM
It won't matter you will still be slow

BERT
03-28-2014, 06:17 PM
Buy a corvette!!!!!!!

re-rx7
03-28-2014, 06:32 PM
If I bought a crovette then I would be gay like all of you GM guys. I know with a SC i couldnt outrun a base c6. LOL

Grandpa
03-28-2014, 06:39 PM
If I bought a crovette then I would be gay like all of you GM guys. I know with a SC i couldnt outrun a base c6. LOL

That offer i got yesterday to ban you for lunch is looking awefully tempting right now..lol

re-rx7
03-28-2014, 06:40 PM
That offer i got yesterday to ban you for lunch is looking awefully tempting right now..lol

Why do you flaunt this? Im just defending myself from other attacks. Everytime its " I will ban you". What cause I said something you dont like or agree with?

Grandpa
03-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Lighten up. Geez

BERT
03-28-2014, 06:58 PM

What do you mean by "you guys"?

Soulowd
03-28-2014, 07:16 PM
DO IT! I just did and my payments are pretty close to what I was paying for my 2011...And I got Track pack and im in love with my 3.73's!!!

Dominic Toretto
03-28-2014, 07:46 PM
A new 2014 5.0. The plan is to get a base 6spd car with recaros and track pack the add a Ford Rcing supercharger. The rebates and me buying it on D plan would put me where iam now payment wise.

The question is do this or wait for the 2015?

I say save more and get a 2015. That way you'll have lower payments and the new platform. I don't particularly care for Taurus front end but, the rest of the car is tits.

-Alex

Pat McCrotch
03-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Sell everything you have, everything your brother has, and buy a Shelby.

re-rx7
03-28-2014, 08:13 PM
What do you mean by "you guys"?:kiss1:
DO IT! I just did and my payments are pretty close to what I was paying for my 2011...And I got Track pack and im in love with my 3.73's!!!
Man Im really tempted.
I say save more and get a 2015. That way you'll have lower payments and the new platform. I don't particularly care for Taurus front end but, the rest of the car is tits.

-Alex

Im not to wild about getting the first model year anything.

re-rx7
03-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Sell everything you have, everything your brother has, and buy a Shelby.

QFT!!!:pepper:

Car Im looking at is 2014 Track pack pack with recaros. Dealer search was the only one within 800 miles.

STROKD
03-28-2014, 08:24 PM

You couldnt, thats why you should buy a Vette and stop wasting your money on 5.slows.

re-rx7
03-28-2014, 08:26 PM
Yea damn C6's. Oh wait i drug one in my car with 20's! ROFL!

Soulowd
03-28-2014, 08:31 PM
You will have a long line ahead of you to get the 2015 and you will be paying full sticker. They won't negotiate on it while it's brand new. Your right in thinking about a 2014. You can get a sick deal

re-rx7
03-28-2014, 08:38 PM
You will have a long line ahead of you to get the 2015 and you will be paying full sticker. They won't negotiate on it while it's brand new. Your right in thinking about a 2014. You can get a sick deal

This is true. The car im looking at is 36820. Invoice is 34,400. D Plan knocks that dows to 33000. With rebates Im at 29500.

THe other choice is a base 6spd with SC.

Soulowd
03-28-2014, 08:53 PM

This

Stone
03-28-2014, 09:50 PM
I'd save your money, and wait til the 2nd quarter of 2015. Ford always adds a bunch of rebates the quarter AFTER a model comes out. The 15 will be lighter than the current model, so you'll get more out of your power.

re-rx7
03-28-2014, 10:00 PM
I'd save your money, and wait til the 2nd quarter of 2015. Ford always adds a bunch of rebates the quarter AFTER a model comes out. The 15 will be lighter than the current model, so you'll get more out of your power.

This too. I know the next update of rebates is APR 1st. Im gonna see if Ford chops anymore off, which im sure they will.

STROKD
03-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Yea damn C6's. Oh wait i drug one in my car with 20's! ROFL!

Thats wierd cause i drug a 5.0 in my c5 on 20s...

re-rx7
03-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Well then all 5.0s are slow.

Crimson600+HP
03-28-2014, 10:34 PM
I love the next gen Mustang, but I would stay away from any first run product from Ford. Give them a couple years to fix the bugs before you go with a 2015+ Mustang. This is my opinion & also why I have a 2013 instead of a 2011-2012.

Long story short, I'd keep your car until the 2016-2017 Mustang model year comes out. Gives Ford time to fix the problems and release some special editions.

Zeek
03-29-2014, 12:01 AM

He drug me :(

garner
03-29-2014, 01:08 AM
This is true. The car im looking at is 36820. Invoice is 34,400. D Plan knocks that dows to 33000. With rebates Im at 29500.

THe other choice is a base 6spd with SC.

Almost $37k for a base track pack manual?

Edit: Never mind. Just built one. That's insane

Zeek
03-29-2014, 01:26 AM
I paid 27.5k for my 2013 new. Base with 3.55 option.

re-rx7
03-29-2014, 02:48 AM
Yea this one has reverse sensors for and xtra 800. Stupid. Yea track pack recaros add an xtra 4k. With rebates I can get it down to 29.

I can also get a base down to 24k and use the other on a frpp supercharger with warranty.

Dominic Toretto
03-29-2014, 03:00 AM
Im not to wild about getting the first model year anything.

Only GM cars break. Why are you concerned about about a Mustang having build quality issues? :P

-Alex

DallasGator
03-29-2014, 08:22 AM
Reverse sensors seemed stupid until I got them for free on my 2013. God does it help in tight parking garages. I have to back up to within 5 inches of the wall so that my nose doesn't stick out. They sure help.

STROKD
03-29-2014, 09:24 AM
He drug me :(

And now look what you drive... youre welcome. ;)

NAVAG
03-29-2014, 09:50 AM
New new generation of mustangs is starting to grow on me. I'll wait a couple of years after it comes out for Ford to work out some of the bugs.

kirbster
03-29-2014, 11:33 AM
I've been looking myself. The deals are pretty good right now. Wondering when they'll get about as good as they'll get. I think the last batch of 14s will be built in June.

STROKD
03-29-2014, 11:45 AM
I've been looking myself. The deals are pretty good right now. Wondering when they'll get about as good as they'll get. I think the last batch of 14s will be built in June.

When 14/15s r both on lot, 14s will be given away.

re-rx7
03-29-2014, 03:15 PM
Only GM cars break. Why are you concerned about about a Mustang having build quality issues? :P

-Alex'

Only GM cars kill their occupants based on the selfishness of the company to not say anything and save a few pennies.

New new generation of mustangs is starting to grow on me. I'll wait a couple of years after it comes out for Ford to work out some of the bugs.
The rear is the only part not growing on me.
Getting close. April 1 the new rebates will be out. Im waiting to see what they look like.
When 14/15s r both on lot, 14s will be given away.
Absolutely True.

JDMLOL
03-29-2014, 04:59 PM
'

Only GM cars kill their occupants based on the selfishness of the company to not say anything and save a few pennies.

Let's not forget about the Ford pinto though... Putting a price on human life and determining via cost benefit analysis that paying settlements is cheaper than fixing the blinker/gas tank issue...

re-rx7
03-29-2014, 05:07 PM
Let's not forget about the Ford pinto though... Putting a price on human life and determining via cost benefit analysis that paying settlements is cheaper than fixing the blinker/gas tank issue...

I suspect GM did the same thing. However, this day in age with all the safety requirements and the internet they had this one coming.

Dominic Toretto
03-29-2014, 05:18 PM

I was just kidding bro.

-Alex

re-rx7
03-29-2014, 05:29 PM
I was just kidding bro.

-Alex

YEa i know im bored as F at work.. LOL:slap:

Grandpa
03-29-2014, 05:47 PM
YEa i know im bored as F at work.. LOL:slap:

Go troll RKC or DI then. Lol

zsommer79
03-29-2014, 11:48 PM
You can play the waiting game but the reason the rebates are going to get bigger is because what's left is the shit nobody wants.

I liked the suggestion of finding a Shelby if you are willing to mod it, 700+WHP without much work.

re-rx7
03-29-2014, 11:58 PM
You can play the waiting game but the reason the rebates are going to get bigger is because what's left is the shit nobody wants.

I liked the suggestion of finding a Shelby if you are willing to mod it, 700+WHP without much work.

Well if I get a base then it wont matter. That all black one with recaros and track pack is tempting.

BERT
03-31-2014, 02:58 PM
Well if I get a base then it wont matter. That all black one with recaros and track pack is tempting.

I don't have recaros, but i'll sell you my base '14 :D

re-rx7
03-31-2014, 03:19 PM
I don't have recaros, but i'll sell you my base '14 :D

LOL I bet.

Grandpa
03-31-2014, 03:31 PM
I liked the suggestion of finding a CTS-V if you are willing to mod it, 700+WHP without much work.

:troll3:

re-rx7
03-31-2014, 03:34 PM
:troll3:

Lots of trolls around here as of late..:hunter:

Dominic Toretto
03-31-2014, 03:37 PM
The 2015 at the end of the NFS movie sounded like sex. Car looks much better moving than being stationary.

-Alex

zsommer79
03-31-2014, 04:08 PM
Man I must of had more to drink than I thought when I typed that. A person would have to be either drunk or crazy to think a CTS-V could make the kind of power reliably without taking out a second mortgage.

STROKD
03-31-2014, 04:14 PM
Man I must of had more to drink than I thought when I typed that. A person would have to be either drunk or crazy to think a CTS-V could make the kind of power reliably without taking out a second mortgage.

Its like 6 to 7 grand, if thats a second mortgage, thatd be a sorry fucken house.

blownaltered
03-31-2014, 04:15 PM

Are you trolling or just fucking around. There are a lot of V's in Dallas making mid 700 hp without that much work done to them. It's literally heads, cam, pulleys, long tubes, ported throttle body and a tune away. It's not that much work and the motors seem to hold it fine.

re-rx7
03-31-2014, 04:16 PM
:roflbow:Are you trolling or just fucking around. There are a lot of V's in Dallas making mid 700 hp without that much work done to them. It's literally heads, cam, pulleys, long tubes, ported throttle body and a tune away. It's not that much work and the motors seem to hold it fine.

LOL at just heads, cam, headers. JUST :roflbow:

Shelby gt500- pulley, boltons, tune. 700.

STROKD
03-31-2014, 04:24 PM
:roflbow:

Heads and cam swap is very easy on a lsx, unlike a mod motor... and there is actually pwr in aftermarket heads and cam. no one does aftermarket heads ona shelby, and cams are sort of a joke for a mod motor too (price per hp gain).

blownaltered
03-31-2014, 04:26 PM

Heads and cam in a V are cheap compared to the turd you drive. Some people like to do a cam swap for the sound as well. I would rather spend the money on one cam vs the 4 in your car. $300 > $1200 any day of the week. Don't even get me started on what the labor is for the mustang to do a head/ cam swap.

re-rx7
03-31-2014, 04:32 PM
Heads and cam swap is very easy on a lsx, unlike a mod motor... and there is actually pwr in aftermarket heads and cam. no one does aftermarket heads ona shelby, and cams are sort of a joke for a mod motor too (price per hp gain).

Yea mod motor is so hard. I did cams in a honda DOHC pretty simple. Same basic design.

Heads and cam in a V are cheap compared to the turd you drive. Some people like to do a cam swap for the sound as well. I would rather spend the money on one cam vs the 4 in your car. $300 > $1200 any day of the week. Don't even get me started on what the labor is for the mustang to do a head/ cam swap.

Turd huh. Well if that LS is so superior and the engine is bigger...why does the shelby make the same power without heads and cam(s). Also the 5.0 makes way more power then the 5.3. The 5.8 makes more then the 6.2. Meh

STROKD
03-31-2014, 04:55 PM
Yea mod motor is so hard. I did cams in a honda DOHC pretty simple. Same basic design.

Turd huh. Well if that LS is so superior and the engine is bigger...why does the shelby make the same power without heads and cam(s). Also the 5.0 makes way more power then the 5.3. The 5.8 makes more then the 6.2. Meh

Since you love talking about irrelevant shit, why are the Mustangs so slow on the street since they make more power and all?

Grandpa
03-31-2014, 05:03 PM

LOL, you're crazy.
Its like 6 to 7 grand, if thats a second mortgage, thatd be a sorry fucken house.

Hahaha!

Are you trolling or just fucking around. There are a lot of V's in Dallas making mid 700 hp without that much work done to them. It's literally heads, cam, pulleys, long tubes, ported throttle body and a tune away. It's not that much work and the motors seem to hold it fine.

Will's longblock made over 1000hp.

Yeah, and it's at the limits at 700. The rods are very, very questionable in the GT500.

The motor is barely bigger. Your argument is weak and you're just trolling and not very well I might add.

re-rx7
03-31-2014, 05:34 PM
Since you love talking about irrelevant shit, why are the Mustangs so slow on the street since they make more power and all?

Against their comp they arent slow. As too your question on vettes and such thats simple. Weight and Aero.

Yeah, and it's at the limits at 700. The rods are very, very questionable in the GT500.

The motor is barely bigger. Your argument is weak and you're just trolling and not very well I might add.

.4 liter bigger or 30 cubic inches. 800 seems to be the limit on the GT500 rods. For what heads and cam cost you could buy a nice set of rods and have them installed. Heads arent cheap at all. The motor is bigger and the V and the ZR1 make less Hp.

zsommer79
03-31-2014, 06:21 PM

Somebody changed my original statement from GT500 to a CTS-V so I was just fucking around. I don't know what a CTS-V cost to mod but figured it wouldn't be as much as a house, even a shitty one built by trolls.

Grandpa
03-31-2014, 06:42 PM
Against their comp they arent slow. As too your question on vettes and such thats simple. Weight and Aero.

.4 liter bigger or 30 cubic inches. 800 seems to be the limit on the GT500 rods. For what heads and cam cost you could buy a nice set of rods and have them installed. Heads arent cheap at all. The motor is bigger and the V and the ZR1 make less Hp.

LOL, you make it sound like swapping rods is as easy or cheap as changing the oil.

You're wrong about those rods limits, but it's whatever. Your mind is made up, I'm not going to continue to attempt to convince you. We'll just agree to disagree.

I understand this is most likely the most expensive car you have probably ever bought since you came from imports. Therefor you are going to argue this subject to death in order to justify your purchase. It's not necessary to be honest. You chose the car you liked and now you're rolling with it. That's cool, nothing wrong with it. But by attacking others for liking something other than what you are fiercely loyal to and arguing small details such as .4 difference in motor sizes shows you have some insecurity about what you bought.

re-rx7
03-31-2014, 06:58 PM
My Evo actually cost more then the stang Mr.Pompous ass. No, I just get tired of hearing how great Ls engines are when ford produces engines that do just as well. I argue these point becuase yall act like there is no better engine than GM's.

jng2985
03-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Wouldn't the trolls be the ones who once owned only to move on else where? Hard to make new friends.......

The Joker
03-31-2014, 08:17 PM
You should do it. If they cant get the paint matched on my from a damn door scratch, I am going to buy a new 14...I will end up doing a supercharger also if I do that.

re-rx7
03-31-2014, 08:22 PM
You should do it. If they cant get the paint matched on my from a damn door scratch, I am going to buy a new 14...I will end up doing a supercharger also if I do that.

I think my car is sold. If it is Ive got to make a decision.

Grandpa
03-31-2014, 08:24 PM
My Evo actually cost more then the stang. No, I just get tired of hearing how great Ls engines are when ford produces engines that do just as well.

Get over it. We are blessed to live in a time where great cars are being made by many automakers having more choices than ever. This isnt the 50s or 60s when one factory is clearly dominant over another. If everyone drove the same car it would be boring. Ive had over a dozen Mustangs, I still have two. So what if my 5.0 is for sale, im sure i will have another stang at some point, especially if Ford does another Mach/Boss. But as a car guy in this current state of the hobby it would be a crime not to experience what other automakers have to offer. Just because the Mustang isnt the fastest thing on the road doesnt mean its not a cool car because it is. Its an excellent entry level American sports car. So you dont need to justify or argue every little point to justify your purchase. Its your car, what is important is that YOU are happy with it. All the other talk is just fun, friendly car rivalry stuff. Dont take it so seriously.

re-rx7
03-31-2014, 08:25 PM
Get over it. We are blessed to live in a time where great cars are being made by many automakers having more choices than ever. This isnt the 50s or 60s when one factory is clearly dominant over another. If everyone drove the same car it would be boring. Ive had over a dozen Mustangs, I still have two. So what if my 5.0 is for sale, im sure i will have another stang at some point, especially if Ford does another Mach/Boss. But as a car guy in this current state of the hobby it would be a crime not to experience what other automakers have to offer. Just because the Mustang isnt the fastest thing on the road doesnt mean its not a cool car because it is. Its an excellent entry level American sports car. So you dont need to justify or argue every little point to justify your purchase. Its your car, what is important is that YOU are happy with it. All the other talk is just fun, friendly car rivalry stuff. Dont take it so seriously.

I can agree with this. Im not sure what to get next. Im leaning toward a Boss 302 or a new base 14 with SC.

STROKD
03-31-2014, 08:46 PM
Rx, what Steve and I are grtting at is MODDING the shit out of the cars, the LS motors hold up better...

Grandpa
03-31-2014, 08:46 PM
If those are your only two options you are considering i would definetely say the Boss all the way. You can boost it later and it can make way more than your standard 5.0 and you also wouldnt need to concern yourself with 1st year build issues.

re-rx7
03-31-2014, 08:48 PM
If those are your only two options you are considering i would definetely say the Boss all the way. You can boost it later and it can make way more than your standard 5.0 and you also wouldnt need to concern yourself with 1st year build issues.

The only way I could SC it is if i buy new from ford. I really like the Idea the only drawback would be it being a base car. I know you gys know quite a bit about SC's. How does the FRPP Blower do? If it sucks then I might as well get a premium brembo/recaro car.

Grandpa
03-31-2014, 09:26 PM
The FRPP blower is the same as the Whipple which as im sure as you know works quite well.

zsommer79
03-31-2014, 09:32 PM
Wouldn't the trolls be the ones who once owned only to move on else where? Hard to make new friends.......

Think trolls are more like squatters that never really own anything and hang around until somebody physically chases them off.

re-rx7
03-31-2014, 09:37 PM
The FRPP blower is the same as the Whipple which as im sure as you know works quite well.

Besides being a huge heat sink LOL

Dark Pony
03-31-2014, 09:59 PM
Admin of a Mustang Forum...owns a Cadillac...

jng2985
03-31-2014, 10:50 PM
Think trolls are more like squatters that never really own anything and hang around until somebody physically chases them off.

What if they're a level 99?

KurvStr8nr
03-31-2014, 11:29 PM

Truth is always stranger than fiction...

Grandpa
03-31-2014, 11:48 PM

And two mustangs and previous owner of a dozen other stangs including a 9 second coupe and a immaculate 540rw 93 cobra, 500rw ported Cobra, 530rw blown hatch etc. I was racing Mustangs before many of you even had liscenses or were in grade school. Lol

Stangmaster281
04-01-2014, 12:56 AM
And two mustangs and previous owner of a dozen other stangs including a 9 second coupe and a immaculate 540rw 93 cobra, 500rw ported Cobra, 530rw blown hatch etc. I was racing Mustangs before many of you even had liscenses or were in grade school. Lol

Gee wiz mister your really really old.

Grandpa
04-01-2014, 01:17 AM
Gee wiz mister your really really old.

Lol, yeah ive realized this.

Stangmaster281
04-01-2014, 01:19 AM
Lol, yeah ive realized this.

Was that before or after you got the caddy?:D

ochoblanco
04-01-2014, 08:30 AM
I want your 20's before you sell your ride!

Grandpa
04-01-2014, 08:44 AM
I want your 20's before you sell your ride!

Just bring on the money and they are yours!

ochoblanco
04-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Just bring on the money and they are yours!

I was actually referring to re-rx7's wheels but what do you have?

Grandpa
04-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Was that before or after you got the caddy?:D

Lol! Definetly before. I was just looking for a excuse to start my midlife crisis and V seemed like a good way to start. Haha

Grandpa
04-01-2014, 08:47 AM
I was actually referring to re-rx7's wheels but what do you have?

True Forged Victories

ochoblanco
04-01-2014, 08:50 AM
PM sent

Grandpa
04-01-2014, 09:22 AM
Returned

Dark Pony
04-01-2014, 02:15 PM
If you don't have 1500 HP, you're insignificant. What else have you had Caddy boy? Lol

Grandpa
04-01-2014, 02:22 PM
If you don't have 1500 HP, you're insignificant. What else have you had Caddy boy? Lol

:bowroflwerd6:

Crimson600+HP
04-01-2014, 09:30 PM

Lol:jester: Guess that is the minimum.

zsommer79
04-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Lol:jester: Guess that is the minimum.

Pretty much, with the GTR and Lambo crowds fighting it out at over 2000 if you own anything less than 1500 you might as well pull over to the side of the rode and light it on fire...lol.

re-rx7
04-01-2014, 11:46 PM
If you don't have 1500 HP, you're insignificant Lol

Pretty much, with the GTR and Lambo crowds fighting it out at over 2000 if you own anything less than 1500 you might as well pull over to the side of the rode and light it on fire...lol.

All of this is true.:lol2:

fordplay
04-02-2014, 07:22 AM
I'd wait until at least the 2015 is released with all the details.. I think ford is holding back a horsepower bump.. and if they are and you still want a 2014 the price will drop.. If not them get in line for a 2015.. now let me strap my armor and jump into this battle going on here. Just kidding. I think what happened is one day Steve got those giant black plastic wrap around sun glasses in the mail and it came with a discount coupon for a caddy and early bird dinner at Dennys!!! Honestly I think you all know I prefer ford and don't trust GM "engineering" but something about the newest cts-v. . It's just cool you can't deny it!! And of course mustangs don't respond well to heads and cams, they don't need it to adjust duration like and old school motor does and due to head design lift is almost maxed out. As for modding the cts-v vs shelby... I'm not even gonna go into that, I own neither but I have seen 700 hp pretty easy in both

Grandpa
04-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Mmmmmmm Denny's Early Bird...bacon, eggs and pancakes for 1.99?! Who wouldn't want that?! :rockit:

yefferys50
04-02-2014, 04:59 PM
Long story short:

1. Ford makes some good cars.
2. GM makes some good cars.
3. Steve is old.
4. rx-r7 loves to argue and hates GM.

Grandpa
04-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Long story short:

1. Ford makes some good cars.
2. GM makes some good cars.