PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to ECR tomorrow 03/29 ?

Hddcrasher
03-28-2014, 05:15 PM
I will be there in Blue Group.

El_Tortuga
03-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Nice. Take care of those brakes and have a big time.

Crimson600+HP
03-28-2014, 10:38 PM
We should organize a group of us to go one of these days to the open track days. Gives us a chance to meet and measure each others driving skills in a safe (ish) environment.

Hddcrasher
03-29-2014, 07:19 PM
Today there was only 8 in Blue group. I think 12 in Green. Total blast! We should plan for a day out there. My last session only had 4 cars. I moved to back of pack and ran the whole course with no traffic in front! Today was about 80 miles of track time.

El_Tortuga
03-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Today there was only 8 in Blue group. I think 12 in Green. Total blast! We should plan for a day out there. My last session only had 4 cars. I moved to back of pack and ran the whole course with no traffic in front! Today was about 80 miles of track time.

Nice! Open track is the shit!

El_Tortuga
03-29-2014, 09:52 PM
We should organize a group of us to go one of these days to the open track days. Gives us a chance to meet and measure each others driving skills in a safe (ish) environment.

5-star is doing a day in may at ECR

Hddcrasher
03-31-2014, 07:52 PM
I am signed up for 5 star track day. Hoping to have a (road circuit) track tune dialed in by then. I know not everyone here wants to road track their car, for those who are thinking about it, Terry and Amy from Vorshlag will be out there giving rides and ( maybe instructing..) If you can get driver's ed from either of these two, that is well worth twice the price! I sure hope to see some of you out there! Need a group photo for those who do!

Crimson600+HP
03-31-2014, 09:18 PM
Damn, that's the weekend after I wring my girl out on TWS for possibly the last time ever (rumor has it the track will no longer exist in the near future). Two weekends in a row would be rough on her.

El_Tortuga
03-31-2014, 09:41 PM
Damn, that's the weekend after I wring my girl out on TWS for possibly the last time ever (rumor has it the track will no longer exist in the near future). Two weekends in a row would be rough on her.

Pretty sure it will cool down in a week. ;)

Crimson600+HP
03-31-2014, 10:32 PM
Pretty sure it will cool down in a week. ;)

Forgot to define "her." Was referring to my wallet.

El_Tortuga
04-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Forgot to define "her." Was referring to my wallet.

I hear you. A man's got to know his limitations. :)

Crimson600+HP
04-01-2014, 09:23 PM
I hear you. A man's got to know his limitations. :)

Amen brother. April 12-13 I am running Texas World Speedway for two days, plus with the 2 days I am running it again in May will be hard on the girl. I haven't been to ECR yet but I will this year. Gotta love race season.

Austin@BA-Speed
04-02-2014, 08:25 AM
I was down at TWS with Track Guys this last weekend running group 3....love that place!

Crimson600+HP
04-02-2014, 01:29 PM
Would have been there too if I wasn't running a bachelors party for a friend. That was my first track event in this Mustang was the Track Guys last year at the Lone Star Roundup. Great group and a great track.

This event is being run by Chin Motorsports. Never used them before, but they have three run groups with only the novice group requiring an instructor. With my experience, they moved me into the middle solo group without a checkride lol. Either way, they have 75 slots total for the weekend and only about 25 people signed up. $50 to join there club and another $200 for the two days on track...not a bad gig. Probably get about 3-4 hours of track time per day. Bringing extra brake pads lol.