PDA

View Full Version : Chevy pukes

El_Tortuga
03-26-2014, 06:09 PM
What are the chevy/camaro boards out there? I figure somebody has a dark past with brand C before they saw the light. My 1LE camaro buddy keeps hitting me up for mod advice, and I don't have a clue what those cars need. He's strictly a road course / track day sort of guy. Any suggestions that you are aware of? I

Dominic Toretto
03-26-2014, 06:12 PM
LS1tech.com

Corvetteforum.com

-Alex

Grandpa
03-26-2014, 06:15 PM
Camaro5.com is full of crazy people. If you don't make a comment that is clearly pro Camaro you are banned on the spot. lol

I've got a Chevy in a tuxedo as well as Mustangs. I'm hated/loved by both sides! :D

Crimson600+HP
03-26-2014, 06:21 PM
The 1LE is pretty stout of a track car. It will be a Boss 302 stock to stock. Unfortunately, Chevy doesn't have the aftermarket support that our Mustang's have (roommate has a 2012 SS he races with me). They have great info for power adders, but as far as what it takes to be successful on the road course IDK either.

I would add brake cooling kits (I think they don't have a kit, would have to fabricate one), stainless steel brake lines (plenty of kits), solid DOT4 fluid, and a better brake pad (Hawk, CarboTech, EBC) that is designed for HPDE/Road racing. I really wouldn't change much on a 1LE in my opinion. The SS we had to change sway bars to an adjustable set (1LE has great bars), springs to lower center of gravity (I think the 1LE is lower than the SS), new shocks/struts that aren't sloppy (1LE has great equipment), and better wheel/tires (which the 1LE has a great setup for). This is a tough one...unless he wants more power I think the 1LE is the best car to start HPDE with a V8.

BV600
03-26-2014, 06:55 PM
Its funny you say it like that, Ford wasn't shit until the 03-04 cobra than back off until the 07 GT500s even then they really didn't have anything until the newer GT500s and 5.0s...

Times flip flop, chevy ran it for awhile, now its on fords side. What cars will bring the switch again

Dominic Toretto
03-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Its funny you say it like that, Ford wasn't shit until the 03-04 cobra than back off until the 07 GT500s even then they really didn't have anything until the newer GT500s and 5.0s...

Times flip flop, chevy ran it for awhile, now its on fords side. What cars will bring the switch again

I really wish a lot of people here would swallow this truth. They make it seem like the Mustang was better than the Camaro for decades. I just quit trying to convince people of the truth.

-Alex

5-OH
03-26-2014, 07:22 PM
LS2.com

five.slow
03-26-2014, 07:57 PM

ummm i still think the push rod 5.0 was putting in work too. i know that a stock 86 z28 with a auto and 305 was NOT running down any push rod 5.0 stock for stock. i know this because i tried in my first car :pokeowned:. but the rest of your statement is kinda true i guess if you keep it stock vs. stock. aftermarket only proves how deep your pocket it for the most part.

El_Tortuga
03-26-2014, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys. I'll pass the word

kdanner
03-27-2014, 01:17 AM
Camaro5.com is full of crazy people. If you don't make a comment that is clearly pro Camaro you are banned on the spot. lol

Saw something on that forum the other day that makes it even worse than I thought. Evidently some bolt on ZL-1 was faster than any of the others on that forum, but they deleted the thread about it due to the guy not running parts/services from "forum sponsors". So on that forum, if you don't pay, you don't exist. Fucking fantasyland.

fordplay
03-27-2014, 07:55 AM
Yeah camaro5 is pretty rough on visitors, and very harsh on even camaro owners saying bad things about camaros, crimson 600, is our resident camaro guy here, for your original question. . I'd still say visit camaro5, from personal experience, if he wants to beat you he needs, cam, headers, heads, tune, and since he has the 1le he has gears so