PDA

View Full Version : AC just quit.

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Driving to work today my Ac quit. Literally it was blowing decently cold then all of a sudden no cold air. I remember sometime back you guys talking about AC COmpressors failing just curious on what happenned. My car is a Certified Pre-owned car and i had it in the shop for this very thing at 34k miles so it is documented.

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 03:27 PM
Man, that sucks. The heat is coming up soon too. Hope you get it sorted out soon!

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Man, that sucks. The heat is coming up soon too. Hope you get it sorted out soon!

Thanks Steve. Im beyond pissed right now. Car has 49k. Ive had tranny failure (NOise) and now AC failure. I dont think its gonna cost me anything but Im at my wits end.

BERT
03-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Try to cheap stuff first, like checking the fuse or relay

DirtyD
03-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Sounds like the compressor failed again. Hopefully you get it fixed up quick

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 04:10 PM
Sounds like the compressor failed again. Hopefully you get it fixed up quick

I took it in the first time it started blowing warm air and they said it was a little low on freon. Filled it and it was good for a little while. Now if the compressor died Im gonna be one pissed SOB.:gayflag:

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Thanks Steve. Im beyond pissed right now. Car has 49k. Ive had tranny failure (NOise) and now AC failure. I dont think its gonna cost me anything but Im at my wits end.

Damn Fords!:troll3:

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 04:33 PM
I took it in the first time it started blowing warm air and they said it was a little low on freon. Filled it and it was good for a little while. Now if the compressor died Im gonna be one pissed SOB.:gayflag:

I can relate. I took my V back to the dealership to fix one of the day time running lights. The whole corner needs to be taken apart just to change a damn bulb. Well the tech fixed, but it seems he didn't hook my windshield wiper fluid line back up and now it's pissing fluid everywhere. Now I gotta go back just so he can fix that! :Angry:

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Damn Fords!:troll3:
:handshake:
I can relate. I took my V back to the dealership to fix one of the day time running lights. The whole corner needs to be taken apart just to change a damn bulb. Well the tech fixed, but it seems he didn't hook my windshield wiper fluid line back up and now it's pissing fluid everywhere. Now I gotta go back just so he can fix that! :Angry:

I had a IS300 with 150k miles. Never had one damn problem. NO car at 50k should have AC problems. What really pisses me off is that I told them about the compressors failing often and they just shrugged. They seem to think its low again and told me to bring it in. Big difference is this time is that it just didnt start not getting cold its just shut the fuck off!! Thank god it was a nice day or I would be sweat drenched.

Anyway the service MGr is a gd friend of my dads and he told me to bring it in the morning. If it did go out, Im trading the car in right there or selling it out right.

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Unfortunately the techs really don't care at all. They go for whatever job pays the most book hours and takes the least amount of work. Sometimes they get lucky and actually fix something right the first time. Hopefully they take care of you since your car has a history, otherwise that could be a costly repair.

BERT
03-20-2014, 05:25 PM
Or if they're like some of the lazy techs up here, if it's not on there work order, they don't fix shit

Junkie
03-20-2014, 05:28 PM
blah blah blah. "GM's suck, LS's suck, blah blah blah"

My AC works lol!

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 05:31 PM

My AC works lol!

Does your AC work worth a fuck in the Viper? Cuz that would a first! :troll3:

Junkie
03-20-2014, 05:52 PM

haha actually great! They fixed that with the 3rd generation thankfully

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Unfortunately the techs really don't care at all. They go for whatever job pays the most book hours and takes the least amount of work. Sometimes they get lucky and actually fix something right the first time. Hopefully they take care of you since your car has a history, otherwise that could be a costly repair.

Very true. Its been documented before warranty and def alot of forums sayint the AC comp has problems.

My AC works lol!

Thats great. I still stand behind the statement of GM;s suck. I mean hell how many recalls have they had so far? Trucks catching on fire, cobalts killing people ect...

this.
haha actually great! They fixed that with the 3rd generation thankfully

Feet still on fire.

Junkie
03-20-2014, 06:06 PM
lol @ blind brand loyalty. Especially when it isn't consistent, its only shit you own.

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 06:11 PM
I don't have any brand loyality at all. I just like cool cars. I don't see any point of brand loyality, it's not like they have any to you!

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:11 PM
lol @ blind brand loyalty. Especially when it isn't consistent, its only shit you own.

Not really. I love audi and lexus's(that how you say it?) I just dont buy into the GM hype. I look at sell s and reliabilty reports on each vehicle. The mustang has long had documented problems with the AC in the newer models. The 2011-12's mostly. Me saying that would be like me saying that about you as you preach the LS motor as king. GM builds great niche vehicles but as a whole they are sub par.

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:13 PM
I don't have any brand loyality at all. I just like cool cars. I don't see any point of brand loyality, it's not like they have any to you!

Agreed. I have reason for not liking GM. I just never liked the quality or there cars in general. Weird I know but Ive owned imports most of my life. The lexus were my favorite Oh and the Rx7 :chewie:

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 06:14 PM
Agreed. I have reason for not liking GM. I just never liked the quality or there cars in general. Weird I know but Ive owned imports most of my life. The lexus were my favorite Oh and the Rx7 :chewie:

To each to their own. /shrug

Junkie
03-20-2014, 06:18 PM
LMFAO at several things

- me saying the LS motor is king. Which I did not. I simply pointed out all the constant shit you talk. With no experience, especially while backing the modular Ford motor. Which is a documented pile of fuck
- you actually believing that your mustang or any mustang, has a "better" build quality then GM stuff.

STROKD
03-20-2014, 06:23 PM

Now I know why you like warranty so much! Just because... my rattle box pile of shits' have over 49k and the transmissions and stock ac's both worked... The 99 I replaced the compressor finally at 110k... the 2000 works perfect with 58k... let alone going on the third one.

Junkie
03-20-2014, 06:24 PM
My Dodge truck (known pile of shit quality), has 160k miles. AC blows cold as fuck

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:27 PM
To each to their own. /shrug
Exactly. 'I' dont like them.
LMFAO at several things

- me saying the LS motor is king. Which I did not. I simply pointed out all the constant shit you talk. With no experience, especially while backing the modular Ford motor. Which is a documented pile of fuck
- you actually believing that your mustang or any mustang, has a "better" build quality then GM stuff.

I stated that GM builds great niche cars. This includes Vette, CTSV, Z28 ect. When it comes to mass produced shit I.E shit that pays the bills they are sub par.

Mod motors pile of fuck you say. Ok lets roll through the numbers.

Gt500 trinity vs ZR1 Vette

SC 5.8 vs SC 6.2

5.8= 662 hp 630lb ft

6.2=638hp 604lb ft

5.0 vs 6.2

5.0 = 420 hp

6.2= 426 hp

I see that Ford makes the same power out of a smaller displacement engine. Which tells me also that this may be a better design. NOw if your talking about making 800+ then I dont know as ive never owned a car that made such. Now I can also put off specs on diesals and trucks ect and show the difference in sales and volume.

Junkie
03-20-2014, 06:30 PM
lol at quoting some dumb shit motor trend style article or numbers.

That alone proves my point that you have very little to no experience in anything related to performance.

Go to a car meet, local race track, local course, etc…

You'll see Mustangs getting the fuck beat out of them by tons of different makes. Vettes, Evo's, Vipers, Camaros, etc…

When is the last time a 5.0 from Coit and 190 actually beat anything worth mentioning?

ohhhhh but the mod ford is the greatest thing ever. Yet yours spends more time in for warrantee work then any car I can even think of owning in the past.

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 06:30 PM
Well, this escalated quickly. lol

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:31 PM
Now I know why you like warranty so much! Just because... my rattle box pile of shits' have over 49k and the transmissions and stock ac's both worked... The 99 I replaced the compressor finally at 110k... the 2000 works perfect with 58k... let alone going on the third one.
Its still up for debate on whether its the comprrssor. It very well could be or it could be something else. Its sucks for sure but better now then 100+ days.
My Dodge truck (known pile of shit quality), has 160k miles. AC blows cold as fuck

Gd deal. I seem to remember a time when you couldnt keep a 5spd in the dodge. Dodge builds a great motor. Its the shit around it that sucks. Lmk when dodge sells half of what Ford does or GM for that matter lol. So much quality so little sells. Which is weird being that you can get a Dodge cheaper then a GM or Chevy.

STROKD
03-20-2014, 06:32 PM

That alone proves my point that you have very little to no experience in anything related to performance.

You'll see Mustangs getting the fuck beat out of them by tons of different makes. Vettes, Evo's, Vipers, Camaros, etc…

When is the last time a 5.0 from Coit and 190 actually beat anything worth mentioning?

ohhhhh but the mod ford is the greatest thing ever. Yet yours spends more time in for warrantee work then any car I can even think of owning in the past.

Mother fucken BOOM. All very accurate, well recapped.

Junkie
03-20-2014, 06:32 PM
You must be confused…again lmfao

My dodge has the factory trans, never rebuilt. Often hooked to a 20,000lb rig without issue.

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:36 PM

IDK i hardly go to Coit all i know is what is posted on the forums. ALot of people really cant afford the 800+ power racing that goes on down there. I cant for sure but I go watch and its awesome. NOw to say all mustangs get beat every where is just a outright untruth. I see GM's get smashed as well. Car is only as fast as it s driver all other things being equal.

Well I could pay 80k for a used ZR1 and make 600 or I can buy a shelby and 600 for 20 less. That simple. That how I see it.

Well, this escalated quickly. lol

:iranmaybe:

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:37 PM
You must be confused…again lmfao

My dodge has the factory trans, never rebuilt. Often hooked to a 20,000lb rig without issue.

I said I remember a time. Like I said alot of makes and models have their trouble spots. The dodge was the 5spd. It would knock out 5th.

re-rx7
Mother fucken BOOM. All very accurate, well recapped.

Very.

STROKD
Im lightly confused why the only comment RX makes is about the total sales? Do I give a shit the Camry is the best selling car in the US? Fuck I should go get one because its obviously superior to everything else... no, its called people are cheap and mostly have no taste... same is true about buying more Fords vs Gm or Dodge etc... its a weak arguenebt at best... whats true is Junkie and I's valid points that our GMs and Dodge break less than your Ford, RX...

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 06:38 PM
I said I remember a time. Like I said alot of makes and models have their trouble spots. The dodge was the 5spd. It would knock out 5th.

Kinda like the MT82 now.. :hidesbehindsofa:

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Kinda like the MT82 now.. :hidesbehindsofa:

Motherfucking right? Its not knocking them out unless realy pushed what mine went in for was the wine. NO drivability probs.

Junkie
03-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Once again, more internet sourcing, and motor trending. Typical faggotry

Go to MSR, go to Northstar, go to any racing venue.

Mustangs are getting buttfucked by the competition. Lots of it being cheaper.

You've been wrong about my truck, which I even admitted is sub par build quality.

All you can manage to do is quote some random internet shit, and some dumb shit comparisons.

LS powered cars > pile of fuck local mod motor cars that clearly spend more time in the dealership then Vettes. Yet according to you, are better "build quality"

LMFAO once again, at the blind brand loyalty. I bet when you sell that car, you talk about how it was a big piece of fuck. Unlike most people, I will admit something sucks, regardless of ownership.

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:41 PM
Im lightly confused why the only comment RX makes is about the total sales? Do I give a shit the Camry is the best selling car in the US? Fuck I should go get one because its obviously superior to everything else... no, its called people are cheap and mostly have no taste... same is true about buying more Fords vs Gm or Dodge etc... its a weak arguenebt at best... whats true is Junkie and I's valid points that our GMs and Dodge break less than your Ford, RX...

Well to pursue the answer to your statemt you would have to look up reliabilty reports and service of all vehicles of each company. Ford are notoriously more pricey then GM or especially dodges. So your argument on people being cheap and buy Fords is invalid.

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Well to pursue the answer to your statemt you would have to look up reliabilty reports and service of all vehicles of each company. Ford are notoriously more pricey then GM or especially dodges. So your argument on people being cheap and buy Fords is invalid.

So you're saying Fords are more expensive and slower? :hidesbehindsofa:

For the record, I'm just poking fun. I'm on the fence as you can get. I own both mod motors and a LS car! lmao.

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:43 PM
Once again, more internet sourcing, and motor trending. Typical faggotry

Go to MSR, go to Northstar, go to any racing venue.

Mustangs are getting buttfucked by the competition. Lots of it being cheaper.

You've been wrong about my truck, which I even admitted is sub par build quality.

All you can manage to do is quote some random internet shit, and some dumb shit comparisons.

LS powered cars > pile of fuck local mod motor cars that clearly spend more time in the dealership then Vettes. Yet according to you, are better "build quality"

LMFAO once again, at the blind brand loyalty. I bet when you sell that car, you talk about how it was a big piece of fuck. Unlike most people, I will admit something sucks, regardless of ownership.

I admitted the Evo was a pile of shit and the DSM at Jinbeh that evening did I not? God I loathed that fucking car (DSM). So if I bought a GM and something broke wpuld it still be better then a Ford even if it had to go to the shop? Im not talking about "your" truck im talking as a whole.

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:46 PM
So you're saying Fords are more expensive and slower? :hidesbehindsofa:

For the record, I'm just poking fun. I'm on the fence as you can get. I own both mod motors and a LS car! lmao.

LOl I get it. Well the Eco is a hell of a truck. They are more expensive yes but they sell a shit ton of them to constructon companies ect. You can get the dodges alot cheaper then GM's or Fords but theystill dont sell as well. Why? The trucks have to work and be reliable. So these companies stick witbh what works. Even when I owned imports I thought that Ford had the best truck.

Junkie
03-20-2014, 06:48 PM
lol once again. Blind sheep

You know why Fords sell more units? Government contracts, it has nothing to do with the average person.

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 06:49 PM
I think you guys are arguing about two different things. Will is arguing performance and which is better as a fast street car and RX7 is arguing statistics from factory stuff.

Ford and GM have two entirely different approaches to performance. Ford has the mod motor stuff, lighter weight with less cubic inches and GM is still doing it the old fashion way with pushrods and cubic inches.

Both build great cars, but it's clear that as far as performance goes, Mustangs aren't as competitive with everything that pulls into a meet. BUT, they do perform well against other cars in their class like the BMW, Camaro and Challenger. Mustangs aren't the fastest things on the road, but they are still solid performers for people on a lower budget (even though is really pushing the boundries on that with their pricing these days.)

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:49 PM
lol once again. Blind sheep

You know why Fords sell more units? Government contracts, it has nothing to do with the average person.

all stangs are Pile of fuck? Also construction sales. Think about this...If The gov bailed out GM wouldnt it have made more sense to buy cars from them instead of Ford to boost the stock?

http://dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2459

Godamn Im in love with Junkie.

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:51 PM
Both build great cars, but it's clear that as far as performance goes, Mustangs aren't as competitive with everything that pulls into a meet. BUT, they do perform well against other cars in their class like the BMW, Camaro and Challenger. Mustangs aren't the fastest things on the road, but they are still solid performers for people on a lower budget (even though is really pushing the boundries on that with their pricing these days.)

Agree with all of this. Especially pricing. I like the V's I really do just a lil out of my range right now. Trying to start house buying Jan next year.

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Poke fun all you like, I've said it before, I'll say it again. If you want solid performance information about how to go fast in just about any performance vehicle, Junkie is a solid place to go to for information. If he doesn't know the answer, you bet your ass he knows the best in the industry who does have the answers. I trust him completely when it comes to going fast.

Now, where I don't trust him, in a bar, a strip club or in a hotel room when he's run out of booze.. lmao

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 06:56 PM
:goofy_batman:

Now, where I don't trust him, in a bar, a strip club or in a hotel room when he's run out of booze.. lmao

I literally laughed out loud. :goofy_batman:

Unless it a mod motor then its out of his hands obviously.

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Agree with all of this. Especially pricing. I like the V's I really do just a lil out of my range right now. Trying to start house buying Jan next year.

Just to be clear here, I never at any point said V > anything else. I said to each to their own and go with it! I don't want anyone jumping my shit! lol.

I picked the V cuz I wanted something different than another Mustang, something that could fit my family in and have fun with. The Stang just sat most of the time because two child seats do not fit comfortably in the backseat and getting a baby carrier out of the back is a PAIN IN THE ASS.

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 06:59 PM
:goofy_batman:

I literally laughed out loud. :goofy_batman:

Unless it a mod motor then its out of his hands obviously.

He had a twin turbo mod car for awhile, he hated it cuz it wouldn't stay together.

Other than that, any manual transmission put in his hands is being led to its untimely premature death and I don't care what company it was built by! lol

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Just to be clear here, I never at any point said V > anything else. I said to each to their own and go with it! I don't want anyone jumping my shit! lol.

I picked the V cuz I wanted something different than another Mustang, something that could fit my family in and have fun with. The Stang just sat most of the time because two child seats do not fit comfortably in the backseat and getting a baby carrier out of the back is a PAIN IN THE ASS.

If I had to own a GM product i would be a TBSS. Fucking weird.

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 07:02 PM
If I had to own a GM product i would be a TBSS. Fucking weird.

Trying to go fast in a top heavy SUV that likes to roll over doesn't like a good time to me. lol

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Trying to go fast in a top heavy SUV that likes to roll over doesn't like a good time to me. lol

I saw a vid of one running 10's one time and was just in awe.

Junkie
03-20-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm sure a 10 second LS powered vehicle impressed you. Owning a mod motor stang and all

Lol

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm sure a 10 second LS powered vehicle impressed you. Owning a mod motor stang and all

Lol

No a big SUV doing 10's impressed me. The Ls never even crossed my mind.

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Well I was at work and decided to check out the car on my break. Put my finger on the wire harness plug going into the compressors and it slid right off lol! Plugged it back in with a snap and AC! Wah LA!

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 08:33 PM
See you learned something new today. Now you know how to open your hood. Next week we will work on lefty loosey, righty tighty. Lol

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 08:41 PM
See you learned something new today. Now you know how to open your hood. Next week we will work on lefty loosey, righty tighty. Lol

LOl good stuff. I was running late for work so all I had tme for is to be pissed off. :everything:

BERT
03-20-2014, 08:44 PM

That's it, I'm setting my 5.0 on fire and buying a vette. WHY DO I EVEN TRY?!?!?!? :Frustrated:

re-rx7
03-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Mustangs cant handle. I read in here of this car detroying vettes and other cars?

http://dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2459