PDA

View Full Version : Fast Friday @ Ennis 3/21

Soulowd
03-20-2014, 12:02 AM
Fast Friday @ Ennis this Friday. I'll be there hope some of you come hang out and run some 1/4 mile with me.

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
03-20-2014, 11:24 AM
track prep will be good, Our 275 drag radial race is on this night. If you need anything stop by the True Street Trailer. We will do our best to help.

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 11:50 AM
track prep will be good, Our 275 drag radial race is on this night. If you need anything stop by the True Street Trailer. We will do our best to help.

Hmmm, maybe it's time to go hang out at the track. I'd like to see the coupe make some passes!

TrueStreetMotorSports.com
03-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Hmmm, maybe it's time to go hang out at the track. I'd like to see the coupe make some passes!

It looks like it should be a good year for my old friend the coupe. Hope you can make it out. Looks like odin (caddy that looks like yours) might be coming out too.......

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 12:37 PM
It looks like it should be a good year for my old friend the coupe. Hope you can make it out. Looks like odin (caddy that looks like yours) might be coming out too.......

Oh cool!

Soulowd
03-20-2014, 01:30 PM
oh geez could some fellow mustang peeps please come out and help stomp these GM lovers into the ground :driver: lol

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 01:36 PM
oh geez could some fellow mustang peeps please come out and help stomp these GM lovers into the ground :driver: lol

Hey! I'm a car guy, not a Ford/GM guy! I've still got two Stangs. Just so happens my GM Grandpa car is faster than both of them. :bleh:

Soulowd
03-20-2014, 01:38 PM
Its all good one of my best friends who is coming Friday has a brand new 2014 SS Camaro and its bad ass but its still a GM product :signs16: lol

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Its all good one of my best friends who is coming Friday has a brand new 2014 SS Camaro and its bad ass but its still a GM product :signs16: lol

Hmmm, means I can pick on 5.0s and Slowmaros! Win/win! :driver:

Obama Motors FTW!!

Kosovobandit
03-20-2014, 02:22 PM
I may be out there but I am slow so I am not picking on anyone.

Grandpa
03-20-2014, 02:40 PM
I may be out there but I am slow so I am not picking on anyone.

Need some help lifting those sandbags? :)

Kosovobandit
03-20-2014, 03:09 PM
I think they are perfect right where they are lol.

rriddle3
03-20-2014, 04:22 PM
track prep will be good, Our 275 drag radial race is on this night...
I wonder if the track will once again say that the track is prepped for the 275s and that others can't run the grooves?

TrueStreetTim
03-21-2014, 11:50 AM
I wonder if the track will once again say that the track is prepped for the 275s and that others can't run the grooves?

I think that's typical for the 275 night....for street tires that is.

Pat McCrotch
03-21-2014, 12:05 PM
I might come out and watch. Will they be serving bubbly beverages?

5Freddy0
03-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Who ended up going? I wna head out there.

Soulowd
03-21-2014, 10:39 PM
I'm here...waiting in line:(

Soulowd
03-22-2014, 02:52 AM
If you didn't make it you didn't miss much. I got there at 7:30 got in line at 8:30 and had my first pass at 11 due to one thing after another bull shit.

DirtyD
03-22-2014, 11:12 AM
If you didn't make it you didn't miss much. I got there at 7:30 got in line at 8:30 and had my first pass at 11 due to one thing after another bull shit.

That's what typically happens on shared street and 275 nights

Grandpa
03-22-2014, 11:47 AM
With the chance of rain I just went to the Friday night meet which had a good turn out.

Soulowd
03-22-2014, 01:11 PM
Raced a black CTS-v Last Night thought it might have been you and so I looked it up and saw yours was Red...I still proceeded to spank that Ass even with a terrible time lol

STROKD
03-22-2014, 01:17 PM
With the chance of rain I just went to the Friday night meet which had a good turn out.

It was a great meet, had fun riding in the hot rod cadi!

I cant wait to get my car goin again, racin Jeremy again will be worth the build in itself since his car has gotten so fast.

5Freddy0
03-22-2014, 01:19 PM
I got there around 10ish. I saw a couple 5.0s. But yeah so many delays.

Soulowd
03-22-2014, 01:35 PM
I got there around 10ish. I saw a couple 5.0s. But yeah so many delays.

Yeah ppl were pissed and a lot left before it was even over...I mean even a Jr Dragster got plowed into by a Silver 5.0. Guy got carted off in an ambulance. Hope he is ok.

DirtyD
03-24-2014, 02:18 PM
Yeah ppl were pissed and a lot left before it was even over...I mean even a Jr Dragster got plowed into by a Silver 5.0. Guy got carted off in an ambulance. Hope he is ok.
WTF? That's pure BS on TMP's part for even lining up a street car with a Jr. Dragster. I doubt that 5.0 was on DRs or slicks, so putting a car like that with street tires on a non-prepped track out of the groove is asking for trouble.

Soulowd
03-24-2014, 03:37 PM
WTF? That's pure BS on TMP's part for even lining up a street car with a Jr. Dragster. I doubt that 5.0 was on DRs or slicks, so putting a car like that with street tires on a non-prepped track out of the groove is asking for trouble.

Yeah It was pretty damn unorganized and someone ended up getting hurt. I was pretty surprised because normally they have it together out there

Courtesy Flush
03-24-2014, 05:41 PM
Went and watched. There was quite a few people out there.
They started off good by lining street tire cars outside the groove then it all went to hell after i watched several cars and trucks do 1/8th mile burnouts down the track inside the groove.
The jr dragster got bumped yes. Kid said his neck hurt so they spent an hour getting him moved. FYI i saw the car and dragster....no physical marks that i could see.

Quite a few of 5.0's & GTR's were out.
Travis from gearheads...
Kenny Tran with Jotech...

Never saw clint make a pass in the fox, but i saw the TS guys pushing from the line so i assume something went wrong.

ps
I wish more people would get tire under their car before tracking it, not only is it dangerous... its disappointing. Watched a gt500 & a f/i 5.0 blow the tires off multiple times and run 12's & 13's.

Grandpa
03-24-2014, 06:08 PM
Raced a black CTS-v Last Night thought it might have been you and so I looked it up and saw yours was Red...I still proceeded to spank that Ass even with a terrible time lol

LOL, I'm ready when you are. :)

It was a great meet, had fun riding in the hot rod cadi!

I cant wait to get my car goin again, racin Jeremy again will be worth the build in itself since his car has gotten so fast.

The Caddy will really be fun here soon. :)

Yeah, it was crazy to see the Golf again. That thing is scary fast and I mean scary!

They started off good by lining street tire cars outside the groove then it all went to hell after i watched several cars and trucks do 1/8th mile burnouts down the track inside the groove.
The jr dragster got bumped yes. Kid said his neck hurt so they spent an hour getting him moved. FYI i saw the car and dragster....no physical marks that i could see.

Travis from gearheads...

Never saw clint make a pass in the fox, but i saw the TS guys pushing from the line so i assume something went wrong.

ps
I wish more people would get tire under their car before tracking it, not only is it dangerous... its disappointing. Watched a gt500 & a f/i 5.0 blow the tires off multiple times and run 12's & 13's.

Sounds like a typical street night to me.

5Freddy0
03-24-2014, 06:51 PM
That silver 5.0 was pretty fast. Did like 9 something. I was there watching too. Took a couple videos. I havent met any of yaw so idk the cars. Haha

DirtyD
03-24-2014, 07:43 PM

Travis from gearheads...

ps

That's why I'm not big on running down the 1/4 until I can get a tire under there.