PDA

View Full Version : New Member Intro

edgar.rod022
02-25-2014, 04:21 AM
What's up guys, new member from East Arlington. I heard about you guys from a guy at car toys, and I've also seen a few 5.0's with the stickers. I was driving a black 12' V6 last month and bought a bumper from a member here and he also told me I should join. I finally traded in my V6 for a 2011 GT Brembo last week. It already has the GT500 Spoiler I wanted and I believe it is the Touring Borla Axleback. I put my Boss strut tower brace in as soon as I got it home.
I don't have much planned for it as it is my DD.
Plans: Airaid Cold air intake, a tune, Eibach Sportline lowering springs, Boss 302 Intake Manifold, any suggestions on shifters? See you guys at future meets!
-Edgar R.

Dominic Toretto
02-25-2014, 09:00 AM
Welcome.

-Alex

DirtyD
02-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Welcome Edgar! I'm just down the road from you off I30 in FW.

The only shifter to consider, IMO, is the MGW. I don't personally have one, but it's the only shifter on the market to fix the problems that the MT82 has.

Also, there is a GTG at the Fuzzy's Taco Shop in Mansfield off Debbie Lane on Saturdays at 7ish. I'm sure all those guys would love to have another person join.

edgar.rod022
02-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Thanks guys! Yeah I'll try and make it out this saturday then. I'm sure my girlfriend would like to come, she drives a deep impact blue 13.
hmm I'll look into that shifter thanks! On my V6 I just switched out the shifter bracket for a Barton and it helped a TON.

Grandpa
02-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Welcome!

DirtyD
02-25-2014, 12:14 PM
Thanks guys! Yeah I'll try and make it out this saturday then. I'm sure my girlfriend would like to come, she drives a deep impact blue 13.
hmm I'll look into that shifter thanks! On my V6 I just switched out the shifter bracket for a Barton and it helped a TON.
The bracket just helps to bandaid the problem with the entire lower shifter box. Don't get me wrong, I have one on my car and it did what I needed it to do. But the MGW is another level.

Glad to see your gf has a good choice in colors for these cars. :)

edgar.rod022
02-25-2014, 03:33 PM
Yeah the bracket didn't solve the problem completely but it helped enough.
Haha yeah its nice, she wants to wrap it Mint Green though.
like this:
http://paintisdead.com/breakfast-with-tiffany/

edgar.rod022
02-25-2014, 03:33 PM
My bad "Tiffany Blue"

DirtyD
02-25-2014, 03:44 PM
Yeah the bracket didn't solve the problem completely but it helped enough.
Haha yeah its nice, she wants to wrap it Mint Green though.
like this:
http://paintisdead.com/breakfast-with-tiffany/
That's the wife on PhillyLS1 on SVT Performance. Her car is awesome for being wrapped. But you are talking $3500-$000 to do that.

edgar.rod022
02-25-2014, 03:52 PM
Yeah thats what I told her, so she said she'd wrap it herself haha. I'm trying to talk her out of it. We'll see, she isn't planning on doing it for a while.

BeastStang1302
02-26-2014, 12:55 AM

Welcome, hope to see ya out at Fuzzy's this Saturday.

edgar.rod022
02-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Welcome, hope to see ya out at Fuzzy's this Saturday.

Thanks! I'll be there see you saturday.