PDA

View Full Version : Good Speed Shop in Lewisville-Denton area?

Varilux
02-25-2014, 01:48 AM
I'm looking to have a few parts installed on my '14 GT (I usually enjoy hanging parts myself, but I don't like messing with suspension stuff, and I'm determined to get rid of the wheel hop).

Is there a good shop in the Lewisville to Denton area (I live in Hickory Creek) that can install the Roush 3rd link Wheel Hop eliminator and some Ford Racing P springs?

Thanks for the recommendations. I'd take it to the 5 Star dealership in Lewisville, but they've taken me for a ride once before...

PLASMAN
02-25-2014, 02:15 AM
Hpp in lewisville

re-rx7
02-25-2014, 02:22 AM
springs are super simple.

DirtyD
02-25-2014, 02:37 AM
Hpp

Varilux
02-25-2014, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the recommendations. I probably should just do the springs myself, but I spend enough time under my '65 Mustang (which has a LOT less parts)...

I'm assuming "HPP" is this place:
HPP Motorsports
407 Holsford Prairie Rd
Ste 2B
Lewisville, TX 75056
Get Directions
Phone number (972) 395-9844

Thanks again. I installed the GT500 axlebacks without too much trouble, but I wanted a pro to install the 3rd link, and figure the springs can be quickly thrown on while they have it up in the air.

In the next month or so, I'm planning on installing the Ford Racing short throw and bracket myself- and probably the Boss quad side exhaust the month after that.

Then I'll be "done" again (for awhile :^).

DirtyD
02-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Yes, HPP Motorsports is the correct place.

Slow Five-O
02-25-2014, 03:28 PM
That is the right place. Post up pics after the springs are installed :)

GunsUp
02-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Hpp

Varilux
02-26-2014, 03:41 PM
Springs are on the way (I looked at an install video and crap- I didn't realize it was THAT simple to install them). I still plan on having them install the 3rd link though.

Thanks a lot. Will post pics once the springs are on.

saunupe1911
02-27-2014, 10:44 AM
HPP installed my Koni STR.T and Eibach springs 2 years ago and did a great job. Trustreet are great brake and suspension installers too and they are open on Saturdays which makes them so convenient. You can't go wrong with either choice.

DirtyD
02-27-2014, 10:51 AM
HPP installed my Koni STR.T and Eibach springs 2 years ago and did a great job. Trustreet are great brake and suspension installers too and they are open on Saturdays which makes them so convenient. You can't go wrong with either choice.

Not anymore. Changed their business hours for spring/summer.

saunupe1911
02-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Not anymore. Changed their business hours for spring/summer.

Well damn!!!

Varilux
02-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Shoot- ordered the springs (and new bump stops) yesterday and they are due to arrive on... Monday (so they won't be going on this weekend). I'm realigning the passenger door on the '65 this weekend- so no big deal. It'll just have to wait a week.

I'm going to install the rears myself (disconnect the sway bar and shocks, lower the axle, install springs and stops... easy peasy), but if I decide to have the fronts installed that will be a job for HPP.

I'm going to get out of work early one of these days and drive over to HPP just to see what they're all about. Looks like an awesome resource from their website.

PCB
02-27-2014, 02:08 PM
Shoot- ordered the springs (and new bump stops) yesterday and they are due to arrive on... Monday (so they won't be going on this weekend). I'm realigning the passenger door on the '65 this weekend- so no big deal. It'll just have to wait a week.

I'm going to install the rears myself (disconnect the sway bar and shocks, lower the axle, install springs and stops... easy peasy), but if I decide to have the fronts installed that will be a job for HPP.

I'm going to get out of work early one of these days and drive over to HPP just to see what they're all about. Looks like an awesome resource from their website.

I have known Manny and Brandon since they were @ the first shop which used to be Speed Works.

I made the mistake of taking my GTO somewhere else for work and tune, and I will never make that mistake again. Hpp is where it's at.

BLK2012GT
02-27-2014, 02:15 PM
I have known Manny and Brandon since they were @ the first shop which used to be Speed Works.

I made the mistake of taking my GTO somewhere else for work and tune, and I will never make that mistake again. Hpp is where it's at.

Shit I've known Manny since they were doing business out of a barn on Jeremy parents house behind Bill Utter Ford in Denton.

Grandpa
02-27-2014, 03:07 PM
Manny is a pretty good tuner and always a nice guy. Ozzie on the other hand...yeah well. lol.

rlhay2
02-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Where is Vorshlag located?

That is where I am headed to discuss my suspension options, in the very near future.

DirtyD
02-27-2014, 05:05 PM

That is where I am headed to discuss my suspension options, in the very near future.
Their shop is in Plano.

saunupe1911
02-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Their shop is in Plano.

Their Camber Plates will be purchased this summer. I wish I could swing a watts link I know but I will get that new car itch in a couple yrs...i might not see the ROI of fun in it.

rlhay2
02-27-2014, 10:45 PM
I wish I could swing a watts link I know but I will get that new car itch in a couple yrs...i might not see the ROI of fun in it.

I have a Watts link on the rear. It was absolutely worth it!

Bumpy corners with a panhard bar were always more exciting then they should have been. Now, those same bumps are barely noticeable and have no effect on the cars trajectory.

Junkie
02-28-2014, 11:51 AM

Talk to Ryan, great guy to deal with up there. They do all my corner balancing

re-rx7
02-28-2014, 12:26 PM

Yea I had the opportunity to talk to one of the guys at a meet. Seemed to know his stuff.