PDA

View Full Version : Conflicted on Mustang choice - Need Input!

1andonlywhitie
02-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Alright so my Turd.0 is still in pieces in my garage after the blower decided 3 bearings sounded better than 4. The core of the blower is sitting at TrueStreet while we look at options for the bearings and internal drive belt which is leading me to question which direction to go with the car...

The car with the blower threw down 434 horse and 442 torque at the wheels with heads, cam, intake, long-tubes and the blower which was a freaking riot but it's a Powerdyne that could be problematic... leaving me two options:

1) Have TrueStreet put the new bearings in the blower, I bolt it back up and see what happens...

2) Have TrueStreet re-tune it to run NA and just rock it like that.

The car is my daily so I would like it to be reliable but at the same time it's my first car with any real kick to it and I'm not sure if I'll regret going back to NA. What would you guys do in the same situation? I'm budget-minded so please don't suggest I just buy a Vortech or something, I wish I could but that's a mile away from happening...

Grandpa
02-24-2014, 06:30 PM
Powerdyne's are junk unfortunately.

STROKD
02-24-2014, 06:41 PM
What Steve said... thats like why they went out of business and stuff.

Buy a used S trim for like a grand. If you dont have the bread, wait till you do. Putting a few hundo in the powerdyne might be worth it though if you can find someone to buy it when you are ready for a s trim. Dont go na longer than you have to, it sucks. Lol

1andonlywhitie
02-24-2014, 07:19 PM
What Steve said... thats like why they went out of business and stuff.

Buy a used S trim for like a grand. If you dont have the bread, wait till you do. Putting a few hundo in the powerdyne might be worth it though if you can find someone to buy it when you are ready for a s trim. Dont go na longer than you have to, it sucks. Lol

Yeah the original plan was to run the Powerdyne purely until I can snatch up a cheap ProCharger or Vortech down the line when I free up some moolah...

STROKD
02-24-2014, 07:24 PM
Yeah the original plan was to run the Powerdyne purely until I can snatch up a cheap ProCharger or Vortech down the line when I free up some moolah...

Pro chargers suck on foxes. The development wasnt there with their old stuff. Vortech all the way, esp for a daily. They just never break...

1andonlywhitie
02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Pro chargers suck on foxes. The development wasnt there with their old stuff. Vortech all the way, esp for a daily. They just never break...

I have a buddy with a '90 Coupe that may be pulling his Vortech in a few months so I may try save up for that.. we'll see... need to get with Tim@TrueStreet tomorrow first about this blower... I miss my damn car..