PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my GoPro Hero3+ black edition

toomnymods
02-22-2014, 06:17 AM
Well the functions and options of this camera/hd video recorder are amazing for the price.. Just wondering where everyone else mounts thiers for the perfect shot inside and outside a car? I already bought the suction cup mount because i knew i'd need that for outside the car. What are people using to mount inside the car? i don't have a rollcage so I can't mount there, lol dont think they make a headrest mount, although IMO would be the perfect mount for people like me.
Also does the stock microphone pick up outside audio well enough without the use of a external mic? if not what microphone would work best?
Thanks..

donutninja
02-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Not my personal experience, but I was talking to a guy at the last AutoX who likes to have his go pro (same as yours) mounted on the roof , kinda where the some light is, and he uses his iPhone 5 for Audio. Said he liked te sound better from the iPhone but it may also be because the go pro is way in the center of the car.

You can a microphone set up pretty easily and move it around for if you want more engine, exhaust, or tire sound. :)

5PointSlow
02-22-2014, 11:45 AM
If I want interior I just suction cup it to the back window.

PLASMAN
02-22-2014, 01:05 PM
A lot of wind noise mounted externally

03MachMe
02-23-2014, 12:10 AM
They do make a headrest mount and that's what I use for inside the car, suction cup for my other gopro outside the car.

Outside
FvGWKxG79FQ
Inside
6jlz0s1xkqA

Both of same run

El_Tortuga
02-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Harness bar mount works pretty good, but I'd prefer a little more forward for better outside view while still seeing drivers actions.

I want an external mic. MOAR exhaust note please, and the video is HD, but the sound is meh.

Ryan,
Did you ever post up bumper view? I saw you running that @ NTAXS winter event. I was assuming that shows the speed better.

03MachMe
02-24-2014, 04:59 AM
Ryan,
Did you ever post up bumper view? I saw you running that @ NTAXS winter event. I was assuming that shows the speed better.

I havent uploaded them yet. Josh is supposed to be putting the two videos form each run together in one vid for me but he has been super busy. Ill upload one later today so you can see it.

here is one from that view from my first event back in june. Ignore the crappy driving and slowness, street tires+crappy Mesquite surface = slow.

sFCBZwgp_JE

DirtyD
02-24-2014, 10:12 AM
Harness bar mount works pretty good, but I'd prefer a little more forward for better outside view while still seeing drivers actions.

I want an external mic. MOAR exhaust note please, and the video is HD, but the sound is meh.

Ryan,
I purchased two external lapel mics from B&H Photo/Video that work great for sound. That's what my winter AutoX videos had the sound from.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/664437-REG/Audio_Technica_ATR3350_ATR3350_Omnidirectional_Con denser_Lavalier.html

El_Tortuga
02-24-2014, 02:45 PM
I purchased two external lapel mics from B&H Photo/Video that work great for sound. That's what my winter AutoX videos had the sound from.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/664437-REG/Audio_Technica_ATR3350_ATR3350_Omnidirectional_Con denser_Lavalier.html

Thanks. I'll check it out.

El_Tortuga
02-24-2014, 02:52 PM
I havent uploaded them yet. Josh is supposed to be putting the two videos form each run together in one vid for me but he has been super busy. Ill upload one later today so you can see it.

here is one from that view from my first event back in june. Ignore the crappy driving and slowness, street tires+crappy Mesquite surface = slow.

sFCBZwgp_JE

Thanks. I love that position. I'm definitely going to run some like at that angle as the speed sensation is really enhanced.

Excuses, excuses. ;) Mesquite is very slick. Old blacktop made from pea gravel. If you get offline, its the worst kind of marbles. Its kind of impossible to avoid. The mustangs are made to go a little more point to point, and all the momemtum cars run a different line.