PDA

View Full Version : New improved better daily thread discussion

STROKD
02-21-2014, 10:27 AM
So, been doing a shit ton of research, cheapest car I found is a SE Fiesta, which Id like to drive(prob wont like it), but the ST isnt badly priced in the mid 200/mo for 24 months with zero down... thats at sticker. anyone have one of these go carts or know anything bout em?

The Corolla I was interested in apparently is a pile of shit commuter car. Its slower than its comp 0 to 60 is 9.7!!!, stops worse than all its comp, and handles for shit. Ive never had a Toyota and I know now why. They are for soul less transporters that have either no skill driving, or just dont gaf. I like to buzz on and off ramps, zip through slow cars on freeway, take off from lights sometimes etc. The Corolla seems about as bad as my Civic Hybrid which was the most annoying car in the world to drive.

Second dibs is a new Jetta turbo. They get baller mpg and have some good pwr. Chipped it makes 245/290! Thats not bad in a 3k lb car with all new irs out back... be a poor mans GLI. Comes with steel wheels which suck, but itd be my 4th vw and I already have rims to put on it day one which will make it even faster losing a ton of weight off the rotating mass.

PCB
02-21-2014, 10:33 AM
My sister has a Fiesta. Nice car with a lot of bells and whistles. I wouldn't drive it daily, but an ST would maybe change my mind, even though I prefer the Focus ST.

DirtyD
02-21-2014, 10:42 AM
Nicolas drives a Fiesta SE for his daily. He seems to like it a lot. I think having an ST would keep the daily driver in the fun range, while still being a great gas alternative.

46Tbird
02-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Denny had a manual trans Focus ST a couple of months ago. He liked it, and paid cash for it, but at the end of the day it's a turbo Focus. It was actually pretty quick, it would scoot the front tires all over the place.

He got rid of it after 3-4 months though. Just got tired of being in a Focus. lmao

STROKD
02-21-2014, 11:12 AM
Denny had a manual trans Focus ST a couple of months ago. He liked it, and paid cash for it, but at the end of the day it's a turbo Focus. It was actually pretty quick, it would scoot the front tires all over the place.

He got rid of it after 3-4 months though. Just got tired of being in a Focus. lmao

Did it rattle and sound like a pos or what? Im not buying a ST Focus, i was talking about the Fiesta. Id consider a SE Focus if it was cheap enough. If I spend over 350/mo Ill just buy another c6. Lol. I want a super cheap car payment, almost like prepaying for gas for the month vs driving a foxbody with a race engine...

re-rx7
02-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Fiesta st has gotten better remarks then the Focus St. I will be trading my stang in most likely when the Focus RS makes its debut next year. 350hp and AWD FTW!!!

5PointSlow
02-21-2014, 11:26 AM
i would def DD a fiesta ST and the lease rate is pretty awesome.

46Tbird
02-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Man, I'm just not sure I can tuck my manhood enough to be happy in an egg car. :driver:

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/13q1/506853/2014-ford-fiesta-st-photo-509303-s-1280x782.jpg

BERT
02-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Man, I'm just not sure I can tuck my manhood enough to be happy in an egg car. :driver:

http://media.caranddriver.com/images/13q1/506853/2014-ford-fiesta-st-photo-509303-s-1280x782.jpg

But you would fit so well in it

STROKD
02-21-2014, 01:00 PM

I think it looks sweeet.. trying to test drive one tonight

Dominic Toretto
02-21-2014, 01:12 PM
The Corolla I was interested in apparently is a pile of shit commuter car. Its slower than its comp 0 to 60 is 9.7!!!, stops worse than all its comp, and handles for shit. Ive never had a Toyota and I know now why. They are for soul less transporters that have either no skill driving, or just dont gaf. I like to buzz on and off ramps, zip through slow cars on freeway, take off from lights sometimes etc. The Corolla seems about as bad as my Civic Hybrid which was the most annoying car in the world to drive.

Why on earth are you concerned with performance for a commuter/dd car? The point of a commuter car is reliability. A Corolla will outlast any Ford car period. 0-60, laterla Gs, top speed etc is just ridiculous to consider for a DD lol. Just save your money and drive the Mustang everywhere.

-Alex

DirtyD
02-21-2014, 01:14 PM
If the car is the same cost, why not be able to enjoy the car as a DD while still getting excellent gas mileage?

Grandpa
02-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Why on earth are you concerned with performance for a commuter/dd car? The point of a commuter car is reliability. A Corolla will outlast any Ford car period. 0-60, laterla Gs, top speed etc is just ridiculous to consider for a DD lol. Just save your money and drive the Mustang everywhere.

-Alex

LOL, Dominic, trust me on this and don't bother. Matt and I talk about this stuff every day and he just doesn't subscribe to that train of thought about being practical. His wants FAR exceed his needs/budget but he continues to look at certain cars he really doesn't need or can't afford. It's his decision though. /shrug.

STROKD
02-21-2014, 01:30 PM

-Alex

I drive aggressive. I dont want a pof to wabble me around and not stop if I need to. Also I like to get around in traffic with out waiting for 15 cars to pass.

My mustang isnt going to be driven much, so this car will be more of an everyday driver than just a to and from work car. I had a Civic Hybrid, and I felt like mobile prey in it. Almost died at least 3 times. Never again. Need a daily that is fun, yet the payment costs about what the mpg savings would be vs driving the stang.

Dominic Toretto
02-21-2014, 01:33 PM
If the car is the same cost, why not be able to enjoy the car as a DD while still getting excellent gas mileage?

I've been around a number of cars that fall into the small, practical, DD category. There's no way I would ever pick a domestic of a Honda or Toyota. Those cars LAST and also(if anyone cars) have reasonable resale value.

LOL, Dominic, trust me on this and don't bother. Matt and I talk about this stuff every day and he just doesn't subscribe to that train of thought about being practical. His wants FAR exceed his needs/budget but he continues to look at certain cars he really doesn't need or can't afford. It's his decision though. /shrug.

Ah gotcha. Was just cruious. This is the first time I've seen someone look at 0-60 times for a DD ROFL. Just get a used ZO6 then.

-Alex

STROKD
02-21-2014, 01:34 PM

Broham, Im paying 400/mo for a CC. How can I not afford a ST that is 250? Yes I want a new bmw, but that shit has gotta be after the frc is paid off.

Having a good mpg driver will offset expense from my mpg in the fox. And then some... my 08c6 got better mpg than my stang and it was 90/week to daily it for 3 months, and that was when gas was in the 2.60 range!!

STROKD
02-21-2014, 01:37 PM
I've been around a number of cars that fall into the small, practical, DD category. There's no way I would ever pick a domestic of a Honda or Toyota. Those cars LAST and also(if anyone cars) have reasonable resale value.

Ah gotcha. Was just cruious. This is the first time I've seen someone look at 0-60 times for a DD ROFL. Just get a used ZO6 then.

-Alex

This is a 2 year lease dude. If the car doesnt last that long Ford would be bankrupt. Im not buying it to keep 25 years. When my frc is paid for on 20 months, ill be getting a 235/435 for a daily... or another c6.

pohnjarker
02-21-2014, 01:45 PM
i have a coworker that has the fiesta st and said it handles great and is a lot of fun...he says he's an autox driver and loves it, wishes he could get back into it with that car...blah blah blah.

Dominic Toretto
02-21-2014, 01:46 PM
This is a 2 year lease dude. If the car doesnt last that long Ford would be bankrupt. Im not buying it to keep 25 years. When my frc is paid for on 20 months, ill be getting a 235/435 for a daily... or another c6.

Oh okay, I wasn't aware the commuter would just be for two years. In that case I understand your point.

You're not supposed to modify leased vehicles so not sure why you mention adding rims and possibly power mods to the Volkswagen.

-Alex

PCB
02-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Broham, Im paying 400/mo for a CC. !!

I know the feeling. I am paying close to $1800 on 2 CC and a Home loan. The possibilities are endless once I pay them off.

5PointSlow
02-21-2014, 01:53 PM
I know the feeling. I am paying close to $1800 on 2 CC and a Home loan. The possibilities are endless once I pay them off.

Man I'm glad I paid off my CCs. I'm not gonna lie have no CC debt, one car note and a mortgage as my only debt is awesome.

Grandpa
02-21-2014, 01:55 PM
LOL, I'm not going to get started

No..

No no

No no no

NO NO NO NO...lmao.

PCB
02-21-2014, 02:00 PM
Man I'm glad I paid off my CCs. I'm not gonna lie have no CC debt, one car note and a mortgage as my only debt is awesome.

I am thankful that I am fixing to sell my home and in doing so will pay off all my debt. I am with you though. My credit cards will be cut up and removed from accounts.

re-rx7
02-21-2014, 02:05 PM

-Alex

Proof? The best selling small car is a Ford Focus? Hondas Reliabilty isnt as great as it once was and Toyota has recalls it seems every month.

STROKD
02-21-2014, 03:01 PM
Oh okay, I wasn't aware the commuter would just be for two years. In that case I understand your point.

You're not supposed to modify leased vehicles so not sure why you mention adding rims and possibly power mods to the Volkswagen.

-Alex

Lmao, well, my current vw is a lease, last one had rims, coil overs, tint chip etc... i kept the rims and they r on my cc which is a lease. its lowered on same wheels with tint. I can mod the cars, just have to return to mostly stock when i give em back. Chip is a 30 minute reflash... if someone makes a chip flash for the Fiesta, im all ears!

STROKD
02-21-2014, 03:02 PM

VW Passat CC. Its the sloped back 4 door...

re-rx7
02-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Lmao, well, my current vw is a lease, last one had rims, coil overs, tint chip etc... i kept the rims and they r on my cc which is a lease. its lowered on same wheels with tint. I can mod the cars, just have to return to mostly stock when i give em back. Chip is a 30 minute reflash... if someone makes a chip flash for the Fiesta, im all ears!

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Ford-Fiesta-ST-Stage-1-Power-Package-with-V3-p/62fx01.htm

Dominic Toretto
02-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Proof? The best selling small car is a Ford Focus? Hondas Reliabilty isnt as great as it once was and Toyota has recalls it seems every month.

Just based on the experience I had personally, so I don't mean to make a blanket claim. The general perception is that Japanese made cars outlast domestics and that is widely accepted and nothing new.

In the family we have a few Lexus cars that refuse to break. One example is my mom's old Bronco that was broke more than it worked and she bought a 92 Corolla to cart around to and from work and it had over 240k miles when sold. Was still in great working order when it was sold with cold AC. Lexus wins awards for reliability year after year IIRC. Recalls are not a bad thing. That is just the manufacturer stepping up to admit there is a problem and fixing it without costing the customer. How's that a bad thing? If Ford did the same thing with the manuals in our cars, I'm sure no one would be complaining.

-Alex

re-rx7
02-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Just based on the experience I had personally, so I don't mean to make a blanket claim. The general perception is that Japanese made cars outlast domestics and that is widely accepted and nothing new.

In the family we have a few Lexus cars that refuse to break. One example is my mom's old Bronco that was broke more than it worked and she bought a 92 Corolla to cart around to and from work and it had over 240k miles when sold. Was still in great working order when it was sold with cold AC. Lexus wins awards for reliability year after year IIRC. Recalls are not a bad thing. That is just the manufacturer stepping up to admit there is a problem and fixing it without costing the customer. How's that a bad thing? If Ford did the same thing with the manuals in our cars, I'm sure no one would be complaining.

-AlexYour basing you experience off of the old cars. YEs old Japanese cars are more reliable thne their american competition of old. Nowadays its almost dead even. The Corolla is losing ground as the Focus is the best selling small car now. ALot of recalls they have done have been mandated by the gov't.

DirtyD
02-21-2014, 04:12 PM

I think he means a VW CC, not a credit card. lol

But on that note, when you say no CC debt, you mean that you are paying every statement in full every time that card is due, right? Or you pay cash for everything?

Grandpa
02-21-2014, 04:18 PM
People who don't pay off their cards every month are crazy in my opinion. Credit cards are not for living off of unless its an absolute emergency.

It's crazy to me how many people just spend like crazy on their cards like it's money they already have and just keep spending. As it is, you get taxed when you make your money, then you get taxed again when you spend it. Then to add to that they compound interest to the equation. You end up for working for a fraction of your money!

1andonlywhitie
02-21-2014, 04:29 PM
People who don't pay off their cards every month are crazy in my opinion. Credit cards are not for living off of unless its an absolute emergency.

I had to live on mine for about a month when I was between jobs (long story, wasn't paid at old job, new job hadn't ogt my paperwork done) and I'm still trying to whittle that shit back down. I'll be glad to get that stuff paid off... prior to that all I used it for was gas and groceries and pay it off every month to help show credit skilllzzzz...

Dominic Toretto
02-21-2014, 04:37 PM
I don't have a credit card. Just debit from my credit union. Sometimes I think I should get a credit card to help build credit though.

-Alex

pohnjarker
02-21-2014, 04:39 PM
But on that note, when you say no CC debt, you mean that you are paying every statement in full every time that card is due, right? Or you pay cash for everything?

we only use our checking account...cc is for emergencies/overdraft protection only.

STROKD
02-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Lol, we will just say if I had no credit debt, Id have a Ford GT in the garage and a nice ass daily car. boooo

46Tbird
02-21-2014, 05:27 PM
I pay my $750 limit CC off twice every month.

I didn't have a credit card from the time I was 23 to 35. I "built" a Fox body hatch with a CC when I was 21. It was then stolen and it took me nearly five years to pay it off. Stupid.

I cancelled every card I had, then drove a '99 Ranger for ten years/215k miles. I don't have any financial issues now, lol. The only recurring debt I have is my house (4.3%) and my Mustang (0.9%) which are both halfway paid off.

Dominic Toretto
02-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Lol, we will just say if I had no credit debt, Id have a Ford GT in the garage and a nice ass daily car. boooo

Just buy the FGT on credit.

-Alex

DirtyD
02-21-2014, 07:50 PM
I have 2 cards, only because discover isn't accepted everywhere. I typically try to keep each statement under or around $500, which is doable. I'm just trying to get myself more under control on spending.

NAVAG
02-22-2014, 12:47 AM
All I want out of a DD is MPG. Only mods will be XM Radio. I bonus in two weeks and I'm planning on dropping 2 or 3 grand on a beater that will last a year or two.

I HATE that I've only had my 5.0 for a year and put 40K miles on it already.
I HATE the swirls in the paint and the two tiny rock chips from all the driving.

If it means keeping my mustang looking good and and running good then I'll drive the gayest POS out there to work and back. Money I save in fuel can go toward more go fast parts.

re-rx7
02-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Fuck buying a new car for a daily. Id buy a mid 90's honda and call it a day.

5PointSlow
02-22-2014, 11:47 AM
I think he means a VW CC, not a credit card. lol

I pay off the cards when/if I do use them. I use my cards for big purchases and to track what's bought ( insurance purposes due to the Moore tornado last year) other than that I just pay cash.

STROKD
02-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Just buy the FGT on credit.

-Alex

Thatd be about 10k a month in payments... little steep lol

G-Mann
02-22-2014, 04:53 PM
Fuck buying a new car for a daily. Id buy a mid 90's honda and call it a day.

That was my original plan before I started taking some test drives and just never came across anything that I wanted to drive on a daily basis or any basis for that matter so I started looking near new and eventually cop'd a great deal on a new civic. Its no acura, lexus, or 5.0 but I do not mind driving it on a daily basis, and it has a laundry list of amenities and safety features over its older counter part and in a occasional case over my stang. It will be paid off in a few years and not start off or be a POS when its paid in full. I love my mustang but it will get replaced, perhaps with another mustang, the civic I plan on rolling 200k on.

Regarding credit card debt, if you have significant debt, it might not be a bad idea to look into a low interest rate personal loan to pay off the higher rate debt.

03MachMe
02-22-2014, 07:17 PM

-Alex

Yea ask Nic how long his Honda lasted...... A new Ford will last just as long as a new Honda

NAVAG
02-22-2014, 11:06 PM
The rice burners are way overpriced IMO. I'm finding way too many Civics, Corollas, Altimas, etc with 250+ miles on them going for more than $5K...Some even closer to 10. There is a high demand for DD that get good MPG so the sales market has been exploiting that for a couple of years. 36-40+ MPG is great but a car that gets >31 is good enough for me. The only reason I wouldn't buy a car that already has 200K miles on it is the fact that I plan on putting at least another 100K more within the next three years. And when you think about it, that Civic with 200,000 miles on it sitting out there was probably some other guys DD that probably crappped out on him so he traded it for another one. Now here it sits, fresh from auction, waiting for the next sucker.

If you want a good beater/work commuter car do some research and find some good cars that are not only reliable but get better than average highway miles.

Neon, Stratus, Cavalier, to name a few. I found a Cavalier with 85K miles on it that they are selling for $3K. If it is still on the lot next Friday I'll try to Jew them down to $2500. Sitting a few cars over is a beat up Civic with 186k miles on it that they want $7K for. I found another Cavalier with 135K miles on it that someone is asking $2K.

The only good thing about Honda's is that they are easy to work on and if you blow your 200,000+ mile engine you can get an replacement in the junk yard for a couple hundred bucks. If you get a Honda don't hesitate to replace the head gasket because that will probably be the first thing to go...

I'm looking at it as spending three grand on another mod for my 5.0...My DD Mod.

El_Tortuga
02-23-2014, 01:26 PM
But you would fit so well in it

My brother drove a 70's Dodge Colt forever. Actually a decent car, and it was stunning to see his 6-6 frame stand up beside it. The colt had a long seat track and the long doors made it a very comfortable fit. 2 doors can surprise you.

03MachMe
02-24-2014, 05:04 AM
The rice burners are way overpriced IMO. I'm finding way too many Civics, Corollas, Altimas, etc with 250+ miles on them going for more than $5K...Some even closer to 10. There is a high demand for DD that get good MPG so the sales market has been exploiting that for a couple of years. 36-40+ MPG is great but a car that gets >31 is good enough for me. The only reason I wouldn't buy a car that already has 200K miles on it is the fact that I plan on putting at least another 100K more within the next three years. And when you think about it, that Civic with 200,000 miles on it sitting out there was probably some other guys DD that probably crappped out on him so he traded it for another one. Now here it sits, fresh from auction, waiting for the next sucker.

If you want a good beater/work commuter car do some research and find some good cars that are not only reliable but get better than average highway miles.

Neon, Stratus, Cavalier, to name a few. I found a Cavalier with 85K miles on it that they are selling for $3K. If it is still on the lot next Friday I'll try to Jew them down to $2500. Sitting a few cars over is a beat up Civic with 186k miles on it that they want $7K for. I found another Cavalier with 135K miles on it that someone is asking $2K.

The only good thing about Honda's is that they are easy to work on and if you blow your 200,000+ mile engine you can get an replacement in the junk yard for a couple hundred bucks. If you get a Honda don't hesitate to replace the head gasket because that will probably be the first thing to go...

I'm looking at it as spending three grand on another mod for my 5.0...My DD Mod.

I am doing the same with our tax return. I have been mainly looking at a 2008ish Focus because, well its a Ford. I agree 100% on all the hondas and toyotas being over priced. another car with good milage that is pretty cheap for a newer car is a 2007+ Chevy Aveo. Can get the 4 door sedan and they dont look horrible and get 35 or so hwy MPG. can find them with less than 100k miles for under 5k.

fordplay
02-24-2014, 08:35 AM
I still don't see the point of buying another car to save money.. but to each their own, I advise against the turbo vw.. 3 of the guys I work with Have them, and have had nothing but problems, the best is they don't start in the cold!! Eventually they do and run like crap.. they had vw's prior to this with no issues. But below 40 degrees they are all in the lot trying to start them

5PointSlow
02-24-2014, 09:46 AM
I still don't see the point of buying another car to save money.. but to each their own, I advise against the turbo vw.. 3 of the guys I work with Have them, and have had nothing but problems, the best is they don't start in the cold!! Eventually they do and run like crap.. they had vw's prior to this with no issues. But below 40 degrees they are all in the lot trying to start them

I wanted a DD so I wasn't racking up miles on my mustang, but then I decided I really enjoy driving the mustang. If I end up getting stationed in the dfw area and leave the wife and kids in OKC I could see getting a car that gets great gas mileage to make the 3 hour drive. Other than that I think my DD would sit since I do love driving the stang.

03MachMe
02-24-2014, 09:59 AM

1. to keep the miles off the mustang
2. so I wont be worried about breaking stuff in the mustang when I race it because If i break something and the car is down for a while I still have a way to get to work.
3. a lot easier to fit the huge rear facing car seat in a 4 door car. I can take my son with me in the mustang right now but it can only be the two of us because the passenger seat has to be pushed all the way forward.
4. I dont like driving the mustang to work. Unfortunately we don't have separate parking for visitors and employees and in my line of work I don't want one of last nights "customers" to see me get out of my mustang the next day when I get to work (has already happened numerous times).
5. so I don't care about having to drive in bad weather, door dings (so the wife stops complaining about parking in BFE everywhere), and other things like that.

basically I like my mustang too much to put it thought all the crap an everyday car goes through. Of course I enjoy the mustang a hell of a lot more than a shit DD and I will drive it every chance I get but always nice to have a backup car.

STROKD
02-24-2014, 11:34 AM

Lmfao. Ok had to chime in here... ive had 3 turbo VWs in a row. they all start in the cold... how fucken old are their shitboxes? I dont keep a car i drive often out of warranty... thats the whole damn point of having a car I dont have to worry about. if its a vw out of warranty, its likely going to break. Once tgey are over 5 to 6 years old they fall apart, but i only keep them for 3 and they are aces in that time frame... not one zero problem.

As for not understanding the point of another car. Its simple mathematics actually. Someone broke it down in one of these threads but figure if you save 250/mo in gas by not driving your Stang or whatever, that is basically applied to a payment or towards a cash car. You also save wear and tear on your hot rod, tire expense, oil changes as often, your paint stays nicer, the interior stays nicer, and if you sell your car down tge road, it will be worth more money.

I got into this mindset when i lived is SF. I had a Terminator that averaged 15 mpg. Gas was 5/gallon, so i bought a Civic Hybrid for 202/mo. With insurance i was out 260ish... so the 37k miles I put on that car which averaged 40 mpg saved me about 7400 bucks in gas, not to mention the price difference in 87 vs 93, and the amount of money i would have lost selling my Cobra with 60k miles instead of 22k... lets call it 7 grand... so not to mention tires and maintenance, i spend 10k for car and insurance to save almost 15... in real world numbers its closer to probably 22 to 25, since tires would been 4 grand at least over 4 sets, clutch or two, 10 oil changes yadada, thats if the motor, trans and rear never broke!

Hope that makes more sense to people confused about the reasoning of a daily car.

fordplay
02-25-2014, 09:05 AM
But stroked what you are leaving out is the cost for the pos dd.. I traded in my svt focus for my Mustang and my insurance went down.. you say we'll it saved me $250 a month in gas.. well no.. I drive 30 miles one way. That's a tank a week at $50.00 the focus was $30 a week. That's $80 a month.. Tires on the mustang cost me $600 a set.. The focus were $500 . I was and am getting 2 years out of a set that's $5.16 a month.. mustang oil change is $39.00 every 5 months.. The focus was $19.99 every 3 months so that's $1.30 roughly savings for a focus.. I don't have exact numbers on my insurance but I can look them up if needed. . Both are manuals, clutch replacement is a wash.. I'm damaging the paint on which ever I drive. And with 5,000 mustangs sold every day I'm not deluding myself that it's a classic.. so a total of $86.46 left over as a car payment for a dd.. go over that and you are losing money.. we can get more scientific and go into the rates at which both cars devalue, etc... but even if you say that's ok I paid cash.. ok then estimate how much that cash would have earned you over 5 years in interest and subtract that from the total savings.. then put a price on how much you hate driving a 87 civic vs your mustang every day. .. now some cases... let's say you have a 1,200 hp mustang with a drag chute.. we'll yeah. Ok.. or but jeff I live in Minnesota, ok 9 months out of the year you need a 4x4.. If you just want another car to drive ok fine but just say that.

NAVAG
02-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Just a little over 1 year and my mustang has
41,500 miles
100+ miles per day
$100/week in gas

I'll have it paid off in 3 years.
160,000 miles
multiple scratches, dings, rock chips...If I'm lucky.
"OK, You're interested in the Mach 1, Eh? Well, We'll give you jack shit for your '13..."

Buying a beater/DD makes perfect since to me

STROKD
02-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Fordplay, my math was all included. It was a brand new civic hybrid off the lot for 202/mo for 36 months plus 50 or so for insurance for same time. Thats where I came up with spending 10 to save over 20.. and I forgot to add Uncle Sam gave me 3500 bucks to buy the damn car as a tax credit... that wasnt even figured in!.... the gas mpg averaged 40 (gas in northern cali was 4.99/gallon in 2007 to 2008 when I did this), it got 54 on long trips... i had an orange cobra which they made 281 of not 5000... also, as you wrap it up, my other mustang is going to be over 1200 hp and has a cage and a chute... so you sort of made my point in every way, so thanks for that.

Even it didnt work out for you, it makes sense if you get a car cheap enough that gets good enough mpg to offset its expense. Thats all it boils down to.