PDA

View Full Version : Anyone free to help with suspension install?

donutninja
02-18-2014, 03:57 PM
Hey all, I plan on installing my BMR rear suspension parts and BC racing coil overs next weekend (March 1st weekend) Would anyone be willing to come out to Coppell and give me a hand with the install?

adj. P-bar
LCA relocation bracket
LCA
adj. UCA
UCA mount
coil overs

I've got a small garage in an apartment complex, two jack stands, and the hand tools. I just need to get get a grease gun and some grease. Figured it be better to have another set of hands or someone who has done the install around to help out and get to meet some of ya'll in the area.

Anyone is free to swing by and say hi to put a few faces to screen names if you want, too. :favorites13:

DirtyD
02-18-2014, 04:39 PM
That UCA and mount aren't going to be a fun install in a apt garage and jack stands. In all honesty, I'd rent a lift or find someone that can supply a lift, drop the rear axle, and do everything in a day.

donutninja
02-19-2014, 01:58 AM
Ick, I've heard it was kind of a pain :/

Bacadiesel
02-19-2014, 04:13 AM
With a lift they can be done in 30 min.

pohnjarker
02-19-2014, 02:09 PM
i did the UCA/mount on jack stands...it sucked but only took a couple hours by myself.

did the LCAs/bracket and such with a lift...much easier.

DallasGator
02-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Just a bit of advice from just doing LCAs and brackets. Put the LCA onto the brackets first, then brackets onto car, then push axle forward white trying to insert pin into forward LCA mount. Much easier to position the LCA correctly like this. Also, dropping the sway bar upper links allows for easier movement of the axle.

donutninja
02-20-2014, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the advice, ya'll. I might look into seeing if anyone has a shop I can use it maybe just getting them installed.

DirtyD
02-20-2014, 10:21 AM
Just a bit of advice from just doing LCAs and brackets. Put the LCA onto the brackets first, then brackets onto car, then push axle forward white trying to insert pin into forward LCA mount. Much easier to position the LCA correctly like this. Also, dropping the sway bar upper links allows for easier movement of the axle.
Yeah, definitely a big thanks for that. I planned to install my brackets and LCAs Saturday.

Dark Pony
02-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Baca Diesel can help you out

DirtyD
02-25-2014, 10:28 AM
I can help do the LCAs and brackets if need be. I would also recommend getting with Frank.

donutninja
02-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks ya'll. I'll go ahead and PM Baca Diesel and see what we can do.

GreenGravity
03-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Hey donut did you get it all worked out?

donutninja
03-04-2014, 03:23 AM
Yeah, I'm going to get with Bacadiesel in a few weeks to get it all installed. Thanks for asking. Also give me a chance to see how the car performs on 275/35's vs the stock 225/60's on the stock suspension set up at NTAXS this weekend. Thanks for asking.

GreenGravity
03-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Ok cool!
I've not done any work on my stang yet but had some experience on my old cadi. figured i would offer a helping hand atleast, it would be a learning experience. Sounds like your in good hands.