PDA

View Full Version : Ever get your car towed?

GreenGravity
02-17-2014, 11:06 PM
This past Saturday night I had the first time ever getting my car towed due to "parking in an unauthorized space"
I went to an apartment complex for a birthday party and some friends informed me to be careful because they tow cars there all the time.
So I took caution and noticed there was a tow truck guy there. So I asked him where I could park my car as a visitor and be safe.
He lead me to a parking area and I confirmed with him that it was indeed GTG.
Short story. Came out from the party and it was gone...
An all night in Arlington tx and 9am in the morning and $240 later I had it back...
Crooked stuff.

Not to mention the girl I had with me had to be taxied home without me. Lol

hatchttu
02-17-2014, 11:36 PM
This past Saturday night I had the first time ever getting my car towed due to "parking in an unauthorized space"
I went to an apartment complex for a birthday party and some friends informed me to be careful because they tow cars there all the time.
So I took caution and noticed there was a tow truck guy there. So I asked him where I could park my car as a visitor and be safe.
He lead me to a parking area and I confirmed with him that it was indeed GTG.
Short story. Came out from the party and it was gone...
An all night in Arlington tx and 9am in the morning and $240 later I had it back...
Crooked stuff.

Not to mention the girl I had with me had to be taxied home without me. Lol

I've never had my car towed but it sounds like that driver needs a kick in the balls. I hope you told whoever you could that he told you you were safe parking there.

PLASMAN
02-17-2014, 11:44 PM
He led you to the easiest spot for him to pick it up without you seeing lol, that's dirty man

M3AN 1
02-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Had the same thing happen to my dads 07Gt one night when we were out at a car meet.Cost $100 to get it back and we got to the lot so fast to get it back they kept telli g us they didn't know where the car was. Guess we beat the driver back...Shady shit. We cought them hooking to a friends car, ran over there and it cost $50 just for them to drop it on the spot.

GTOphil
02-18-2014, 12:08 AM
Tow trucks in Arlington are like that...

They'll bait, lie, cheat and anything else to get a car.

zsommer79
02-18-2014, 01:16 AM
I bet the apt complex gets a kickback from the tow company. I would never ask a tow truck driver where it's safe to park. They can't legally move a car with somebody in it so if you can get back in it they have to drop it.

DirtyD
02-18-2014, 12:04 PM
He led you to the easiest spot for him to pick it up without you seeing lol, that's dirty man
Exactly. Never, NEVER trust a tow truck driver.

What apartment complex was this at?

pohnjarker
02-18-2014, 01:17 PM
wow, that's pretty dirty.

GreenGravity
02-18-2014, 03:00 PM
Ooo I've learned my lesson.
There's a reason I've never been towed before. Just didn't see this one coming.
But as soon as I saw the empty space I knew I had one pulled over on me.
This happened at maverick place apartments.
Student apartments.
Wish there was something to be done to fight it. This is crooked and should be fought but I feel it would just end up being a waste of my time.

GreenGravity
02-18-2014, 03:03 PM
I did inform the workers and they obviously believed me and said there's nothing they can do for me. But did give me information and their bosses name and suggested I contact them ASAP.

I feel I just need to tuck this one away and move on.

Good to hear some other story's though.

donutninja
02-18-2014, 04:13 PM
I saw a car get towed in approximately 45 seconds once from being parallel parked between two other cars. Ever since then, I'm paranoid and triple check every time. haha

I've been lucky in apartments and garages though and have only gotten a sticker on a my car a few times saying "one and only warning."

I'd bet it's a lost cause but I'd still contact the appropriate people anyway. You never know.

DirtyD
02-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Ooo I've learned my lesson.
There's a reason I've never been towed before. Just didn't see this one coming.
But as soon as I saw the empty space I knew I had one pulled over on me.
This happened at maverick place apartments.
Student apartments.
Wish there was something to be done to fight it. This is crooked and should be fought but I feel it would just end up being a waste of my time.

I did inform the workers and they obviously believed me and said there's nothing they can do for me. But did give me information and their bosses name and suggested I contact them ASAP.

I feel I just need to tuck this one away and move on.

Good to hear some other story's though.

Maverick Place is nothing more than an upscale shit hole. You need to contact management, and also contact the tow company and tell them what happened, and that you have 3 witnesses that can back your story, even if you don't.

03MachMe
02-18-2014, 06:01 PM
I bet the apt complex gets a kickback from the tow company. I would never ask a tow truck driver where it's safe to park. They can't legally move a car with somebody in it so if you can get back in it they have to drop it.

No they just call the police and if they have a right to tow it the police make you get out of the car. We get this call all the time

GreenGravity
02-19-2014, 12:43 AM
Lame.
Yeah between exams right now I have little time to chase a small possibility.
I do actually have 3 people that saw this. But that's doubtful to work.
Wish there was more of a right for me to fight it.
If I had been there when he did this I would of definitely kicked him in the nuts.

fordplay
02-19-2014, 08:41 AM
Almost happened to me at redneck heaven. Waitress said they were towing cars. I ran out the tow truck driver was going towards my car with that hook.. I set off my panic button.. I had a few and got in his face then the redneck heaven bouncers showed up. He backed away real quick.. manager came out covered my table tab if I came back in and the bouncer told the guy something I didn't hear but he took off real quick.. tow truck drivers make money on every tow... Most of them are just doing it for the cash

Dominic Toretto
02-19-2014, 10:21 AM
Haven't had the Mustang towed but, I do have a funny story on the subject.

About three years ago, a new hire training class began at my job for one of the Collections departments. One of the new hires apparently had a loan that was delinquent on the vehicle she was using to get to work (Ugly ass white Caprice or Crown Victoria with a big pink stripe down the center and ~24inch pic wheels). One day while she was in the training class her lien holder's contract towing company came to pic up the vehicle. He backed into the vehicle, applied the wench and as he went to get back in his truck, he realized that his door was locked so he could not get back in the truck.

Her class lets out and she is panicking of course. She argues with the tow guy, and someone feeds her the same "they can't tow it if you're in it" line and she gets in the car. She also asks a friend of hers to get in it also in case she needs to leave the car so someone can be in the car. I am watching the whole event go down from my seat and the longer it plays out, the funnier it becomes. Anyway, the security at the job can't interfere apparently. No police were ever called. I left work about 20 minutes late so I could try to see what would happen. She was still in the car after I left so I left for home. I asked some people working the late shift what happened and they said that the owner or someone from the tow company came out with a spare key and documentation from the lien holder showing valid cause to take the vehicle, and the police(when they eventually showed up) allowed the tow to leave with the vehicle.

-Alex

zsommer79
02-19-2014, 12:03 PM
No they just call the police and if they have a right to tow it the police make you get out of the car. We get this call all the time

Yea I could see that on a repo but that driver isn't going to set around and wait for the cops to show for an apt complex tow. Especially after he tricked the guy into parking there.

03MachMe
02-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Yea I could see that on a repo but that driver isn't going to set around and wait for the cops to show for an apt complex tow. Especially after he tricked the guy into parking there.

Trust me they do and will

zsommer79
02-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Trust me they do and will

Well I guess I would just be waiting for you to see how things play out. I would explain the situation and ask what happens if I do this or that. Hope you are patient.

GreenGravity
02-19-2014, 10:27 PM
Hahah! Wow crazy story ford play and toretto.
Yeah I don't know about sitting in the car but how would beating the guys ass play out? Lol
I mean this is just dumb what they can do and get away with.
They deserve a good ass kicking for that sort of a thing.
But I know now for the future what to also "not do" like oooo trusting someone with a hook on their truck that I don't even know.
Not going to beat my self up over it or loose sleep. #lessonlearned

fordplay
02-20-2014, 09:12 AM
Most carry weapons.. because doing what you are doing.. comes with a higher likely hood of catching a beating/knife/bullet

GreenGravity
02-21-2014, 08:16 AM
I know if I had that job I would be carrying something.
Even if I was straight an narrow