PDA

View Full Version : FNG from East Plano

TwoQuack
02-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Howdy All,

Last week I saw a 2013 black GT with the DFW5.0 sticker on the side of the window. Stopped by the forum to check out the community.

I'm in Murphy and drive a 2014 Stage 3 Roush with Ford Racing Aluminator engine, Steeda X Brace and other cosmetics. Working on the list of things to come. Bought it back in September and drove home from Indiana.

The country wide Roush forums aren't all that great. So I was wondering if this DFW area forum is Roush friendly. You'll never hear me going on and on about Roush is great this and that. In fact I wouldn't buy one again if I could start over. But I'm going to live with it for now and try to get my $$ worth.

I'd enjoy hang out events, Cars & Coffee, HPDE events, etc...

Holler,

James TwoQuack

Grandpa
02-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Welcome! No worries you wouldnt phase anyone here if you did go on about Roush stuff. You only ruffle feathers if you are a Vette fan boi like me. Lol

jng2985
02-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Badass car! Welcome..

03MachMe
02-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Welcome, love the car

M3AN 1
02-12-2014, 10:32 PM
Welcome!

maxpayne
02-12-2014, 10:41 PM
Wow that's sick! I am interested in why you wouldn't pull the trigger on the RS3 w/ aluminator again if you could start over. But, I guess we can get that later down the road. Welcome aboard!!!!

jng2985
02-12-2014, 11:43 PM
Wow that's sick! I am interested in why you wouldn't pull the trigger on the RS3 w/ aluminator again if you could start over. But, I guess we can get that later down the road. Welcome aboard!!!!

Most likely dealer $$$$$$ vs build.

TwoQuack
02-13-2014, 01:31 AM
It's a LONG story. But jist of it is, I bought the Phase 3 kit and had it installed along with a custom tune. Both from reputable places. Around 1800 miles I had it dynod and it was pumping 695hp @ crank, 591hp @ wheels, 523 lb/ft torque. Right at 2500 miles it developed an issue. Had to ship it back to Roush, they did an analysis, turns out between the tune shop and the dealer the wrong tune was applied. Burned up the motor. Waiting for it to come back to me next week with an all new Aluminator engine. It's been a freakin nightmare. Both the Phase 3 and a custom tune individually void the Roush warranty. Together doubly so.

maxpayne
02-13-2014, 08:16 AM
Oh wow. That's sounds no bueno. So, I am assuming that in addition to the price of the car, you had to come out of pocket for the aluminator motor?

Good thing is that it should be a BEAST when you get it back!

DirtyD
02-13-2014, 09:57 AM
So installing a Roush Stage 3 kit on a Roush car voids the Roush warranty? :dw: That doesn't seem to make much sense.

Glad it's getting taken care of.

Hope to see you out at a few AutoX events!

PCB
02-13-2014, 10:04 AM
No Roushes Allowed!!!!

<---- JELLY

Futwa
02-13-2014, 01:56 PM
Welcome! I work at one of the only Roush dealers in the area so give me a shout if you need anything. I had a chance to drive a stage 3 phase 3 and it was a beast. I've taken a few stage 3's up to the coit meet and they didn't get set on fire or anything so you'll be good ;)

Dominic Toretto
02-18-2014, 10:03 PM
It's a LONG story. But jist of it is, I bought the Phase 3 kit and had it installed along with a custom tune. Both from reputable places. Around 1800 miles I had it dynod and it was pumping 695hp @ crank, 591hp @ wheels, 523 lb/ft torque. Right at 2500 miles it developed an issue. Had to ship it back to Roush, they did an analysis, turns out between the tune shop and the dealer the wrong tune was applied. Burned up the motor. Waiting for it to come back to me next week with an all new Aluminator engine. It's been a freakin nightmare. Both the Phase 3 and a custom tune individually void the Roush warranty. Together doubly so.

That's gay. Oh and welcome.

-Alex