PDA

View Full Version : '13 PW 5.0 new to DFW along with Cobra goodies

DallasGator
02-09-2014, 01:31 PM
Hey guys! Just permanently moved out to uptown Dallas from Florida to work for the GM plant (oh the irony). I've already seen some nice 5.0s around and I figured I'd google forums. So here I am.

I currently drive a nearly 100% stock PW 2013 5.0 manual (axlebacks and a bit of plastidip). Lowering Springs arrive tomorrow. Here is it is at equipe rapide's AutoX event last spring. Future plans for the car are full catted exhaust + tune in 1-2 years time. I am attempting to fight off the mod bug until warranty ends.

http://i.imgur.com/VlGcDa4l.jpg

and a freebie of my brother's mods-list-too-long-to-type pullied cobra.

http://i.imgur.com/IWbq9VTl.jpg

jng2985
02-09-2014, 01:34 PM
Welcome, bad ass termi..

Grandpa
02-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Welcome.

DirtyD
02-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Welcome man! You're making the drive from Uptown to Arlington for work? Brave soul. Haha

Glad to see we have another corner carver mustang owner now.

GTOphil
02-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Welcome!

You guys feel free to kick me in the balls for this....but that isn't PW right?

I was pretty sure Ford only used Performance White on the '11-'12 5.0s and then switched back to Oxford White for '13-'14?

DallasGator
02-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Welcome man! You're making the drive from Uptown to Arlington for work? Brave soul. Haha

Glad to see we have another corner carver mustang owner now.

Thanks guys!

25 minute drive, 100% highway, virtually zero traffic delay both ways. I've had worse commutes. (granted I get to work at 5 am and get home before 3 pm.

That was the first and only time I did an AutoX event and it was a lot of fun with a fairly low chance of incident (which is always great with a DD car). Definitely plan to repeat soon. We went in a small group including my 5.0, that cobra, and a 135i and we all ran nearly identical times. However, the conditions were not phenomenal, the pavement was quite dusty.

On the handling topic, does your car have wheel hop issues? my car has serious wheel hop and it's maybe because I am used to my old '01 bullitt with 315s, but its kind of annoying + embarrassing to passengers. I'll take spin over hop any day. Point being is my plan is probably to do LCAs and bracket very soon too.

Welcome!

You guys feel free to kick me in the balls for this....but that isn't PW right?

I was pretty sure Ford only used Performance White on the '11-'12 5.0s and then switched back to Oxford White for '13-'14?

2014 started Oxford White. Pearlish vs blueish, most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference unless show something like this shot:

http://forums.themustangsource.com/attachments/f832/152324d1391263309-performance-white-vs-oxford-white-whites.jpg

GTOphil
02-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Ah...I thought they did it in '13 too.

I wish they would have left it alone.

Performance White > > > > > > > Oxford White

DallasGator
02-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Ah...I thought they did it in '13 too.

I wish they would have left it alone.

Performance White > > > > > > > Oxford White

it bothers me a little, I feel like the car always looks dirty when next to a pure white car.

GTOphil
02-09-2014, 04:33 PM
See I guess it's the opposite to me- but I love cream colors.

To me the oxford white actually looks a little grey beside that PW one.

03MachMe
02-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Welcome. There are a few of us that do the local autocross events, usually ER, scca, and NTAXS. Hope to see you out

DirtyD
02-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Thanks guys!

25 minute drive, 100% highway, virtually zero traffic delay both ways. I've had worse commutes. (granted I get to work at 5 am and get home before 3 pm.
Ahh, you definitely don't have to worry about traffic at those times. That will be nice.

That was the first and only time I did an AutoX event and it was a lot of fun with a fairly low chance of incident (which is always great with a DD car). Definitely plan to repeat soon. We went in a small group including my 5.0, that cobra, and a 135i and we all ran nearly identical times. However, the conditions were not phenomenal, the pavement was quite dusty.

On the handling topic, does your car have wheel hop issues? my car has serious wheel hop and it's maybe because I am used to my old '01 bullitt with 315s, but its kind of annoying + embarrassing to passengers. I'll take spin over hop any day. Point being is my plan is probably to do LCAs and bracket very soon too.
Yeah, the low incident of AutoX is nice for me too, as cones can only cause so much damage, typically just cosmetic. lol. I don't feel like putting my car into the off-track and breaking something or flipping it. Just not really ready to get that wide open.

The wheel hop is a common issue. Just not quite enough tire, and the suspension geometry. An adjustable upper control arm and new lower control arms with poly bushings are a good remedy to this.

Futwa
02-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Welcome! My dealership will be hosting a track day soon, it's about a little over an hour drive from where you are but it would be a good way to meet a lot of canyon carvers in the area. I'll post more info about it soon.

Adam
02-11-2014, 09:14 AM
Welcome! Glad to see you bought the fastest color. Lol