PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk Daily Drivers

STROKD
02-04-2014, 12:13 PM
Im in search of the cheapest most reliable car I can find, as of now it is a 2014 Corolla. 2 years will cost me 5295, all maintenance included and it prob wont need tires even. Id rather have a Civic, but it is 2 grand more because the lease is 3 years. I know I can buy a cash car, but for 5 k it will likely be a major pos, and will need repairs over a 20 to 30 k mile use cycle. Was going to finish my Stang and daily it, but the cost difference in gas alone justified the small car payment, not to mention wear and tear on the Stang, tires!, and any down time from breaking down, and tickets that Id get from just driving it more often, etc.

What is everyone else doing that doesnt want to daily their Mustangs?

GTOphil
02-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Personally I'd just go to CraigsList. There is a STUPID amount of cars for under $5k on there.

That's my plan when I get the wife's truck paid off...buy an older truck and wear it out to save hers.

musclestang89
02-04-2014, 12:25 PM
I bought a 13 focus last year. got it new. decent deal I think. I didnt get it loaded since I knew I was going to put quite a bit of miles in it. it has been a pretty good car. usually get around 34mpg. was hoping for more though.

03MachMe
02-04-2014, 12:34 PM
Personally I'd just go to CraigsList. There is a STUPID amount of cars for under $5k on there.

That's my plan when I get the wife's truck paid off...buy an older truck and wear it out to save hers.

That's what I'm doing once we get our tax return. Going to find me as new a focus, or similar, as possible. We are just going to use it for my wife and I to both drive to work everyday.

re-rx7
02-04-2014, 12:38 PM
Just buy an old mid 90's accord or civic. Even if it has 150k its still gonna be reliable and cheap. I bought my 96 accord 4 door for 2200 w/ 165k and it had a/c and heat.

Grandpa
02-04-2014, 12:44 PM
I think a Corrola is a great idea. It will last you forever. My cousin had one that went over 275k miles only having to change the oil! The problem with Hondas is the theft rate on them. They disappear like virgins on prom night.

brtnstrns
02-04-2014, 01:03 PM
I'm currently DD'ing a 2001 VW Golf TDI with 190k miles. A few little issues but at 39.5 mpg and plenty of cargo room, $4800 was worth it. Might end up selling it to my brother in law and getting a Honda Fit for under $10k. There are so many vehicles under $10k on craigslist/autotrader that will last you another decade. 2006-2009 Honda Civics are hugely abundant and get amazing gas mileage. Some warranty issues but Honda covers all the big problems with extended warranties with unlimited mileage and unlimited number of owners.

re-rx7
02-04-2014, 01:10 PM
ithe problem with hondas is the theft rate on them. They disappear like virgins on prom night.

truf!!!

re-rx7
02-04-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm currently DD'ing a 2001 VW Golf TDI with 190k miles. A few little issues but at 39.5 mpg and plenty of cargo room, $4800 was worth it. Might end up selling it to my brother in law and getting a Honda Fit for under $10k. There are so many vehicles under $10k on craigslist/autotrader that will last you another decade. 2006-2009 Honda Civics are hugely abundant and get amazing gas mileage. Some warranty issues but Honda covers all the big problems with extended warranties with unlimited mileage and unlimited number of owners.

The Fit is overrated. Id take a focus over it.

Crimson600+HP
02-04-2014, 01:11 PM
I DD my truck right now. With all the work and $$$ that I have put into the Mustang, it is a car I need to keep for a long time (unless I find someone willing to bail me out at near the cost of the modifications lol). I plan on trading in the truck anyways probably in three years or so once the next generation of trucks come out.

Being a single guy, I wish I could afford a third car to DD. I have honestly thought about leasing a Fiesta ST. IMO, it would be alot more fun to drive that the larger Focus ST, but either of those skittles are good choice IMO. But three cars is just crazy talk for me right now lol.

Bacadiesel
02-04-2014, 01:22 PM
I bought a 99 ford ranger for 1,600 bux with 132k. It now just hit 200,000 miles. I've prob spent like 1,500 dollars in maintanence and new tires.

STROKD
02-04-2014, 01:29 PM
I dont BUY cars because I hate getting stuck with them. Case in point is my CC i am driving now. If I bought it, my payment would be almost 50 percent higher than my lease, and Id still be upside down on it because dealers are giving the damn things away. I love leases because I get to stay in brand new cars under warranty for a fraction of the price, and i give the pos back at a certain date in time, instead of being upside down like my CC is. 6 more payments and it's VWs problem... just need to find something late August so Im not taking the bus. Whats a Fiesta ST lease for? anyone know?

Zeek
02-04-2014, 01:29 PM
I have a 04 Cavalier with 70k for $3k I have a ex girlfriend with one of these never had a problem till 320k miles. Her water pump went out at 320k!

Midnight11
02-04-2014, 03:25 PM
14 fiesta for 250 a month. 400 miles per tank

G-Mann
02-04-2014, 03:28 PM
I had a nice work from home gig which allowed me to minimize the miles on my stang but now I got to drive in every damn day, 40 miles each way so I just picked up a daily driver which was a 2013 civic lx, base model but it is very well equipped, best in its class, and I got a great deal on it since the 2014's are out.

Started doing the math and the civic pays for itself in gas savings with the miles I now have to daily drive. In the 5.0 I would be filling up every 3 days, that is roughly 1.5 tanks more a week than what I put in my civic, that is roughly $65 a week, that is $260 a month, that is $40 more than I pay for the civic a month. You will have to factor in Insurance costs but I shopped mine over to Farmers and as a result my insurance only went up $300 a year which is $25 a month so I still come out ahead by roughly $15 a month and the beauty of buying vs leasing is that after a few years I will own the the car and have a nice paid off DD and then can go out and get that shelby, C7 or C63amg and not worry about it having to be a DD and racking the miles up on it.

On the back end of buying this DD civic, I keep the BS miles off the stang that lower its value, I estimate I will save $1500 on trade value by keeping the BS miles off the 5.0.

The more miles you drive, the more a DD makes sense, lets not even factor in tires, maintenance, wear and tear etc...

STROKD
02-04-2014, 04:16 PM
I had a nice work from home gig which allowed me to minimize the miles on my stang but now I got to drive in every damn day, 40 miles each way so I just picked up a daily driver which was a 2013 civic lx, base model but it is very well equipped, best in its class, and I got a great deal on it since the 2014's are out.

Started doing the math and the civic pays for itself in gas savings with the miles I now have to daily drive. In the 5.0 I would be filling up every 3 days, that is roughly 1.5 tanks more a week than what I put in my civic, that is roughly $65 a week, that is $260 a month, that is $40 more than I pay for the civic a month. You will have to factor in Insurance costs but I shopped mine over to Farmers and as a result my insurance only went up $300 a year which is $25 a month so I still come out ahead by roughly $15 a month and the beauty of buying vs leasing is that after a few years I will own the the car and have a nice paid off DD and then can go out and get that shelby, C7 or C63amg and not worry about it having to be a DD and racking the miles up on it.

On the back end of buying this DD civic, I keep the BS miles off the stang that lower its value, I estimate I will save $1500 on trade value by keeping the BS miles off the 5.0.

The more miles you drive, the more a DD makes sense, lets not even factor in tires, maintenance, wear and tear etc...
Hello Intelligence... this is the exact reasoning i base having a separate car for running to the mall or to work etc. Very well said. Having an extra car gets even more attractive when you factor in service and tire replacement costs... you hit the highlights though.

Grandpa
02-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Seems to me then you have not one, but then two depreciating assets. These Mustangs or any other mass production late model cars are not investments. What you guys are attempting to do is put a Band-Aid on AIDS. It just doesn't work or make sense.

I get what you are doing wanting to keep your toys as nice as possible. I get it, but justifying it through financing another car for better mileage doesn't add up in my opinion. Just say you want to do it because....well because that's what you want to do. lol

5Freddy0
02-04-2014, 05:00 PM
A 2003 f150 fx4 lifted supercrew is my dd. Gets about 10 highway miles a gallon with the 35" tires and 3.73 gears. Lol. Need to get me a small car rather then drive the truck or my stang

STROKD
02-04-2014, 05:06 PM
If we were reasonable people we wouldnt have hot rods or mod said hot rods...

If you drive a lot, the gas savings alone pays for the car. For me it isnt so much worrying about my car depreciation since its old, its actually going up in value. For me it is not having wear and tear on my motor, maintenance costs, having to adjust the valves every 1000 miles or more which would be every 3 to 4 weeks, changing oil every month or two, wearing out rear tires every 3 to 4 months, 15 mpg and race gas expenses, etc f'in etc... in the actual long run I will likely save a few grand a year. Also when the Stang breaks I can go to work without fear, or if it rains, snows, hails, etc.

The best thing would be to get a job a mile from my house and walk to work, but that isnt happening since I live no where near industry.

Bacadiesel
02-04-2014, 06:17 PM
I need my work truck or else I would destroy the interior of my mustang

zsommer79
02-04-2014, 06:50 PM
I like having a POS for a DD in theory. But then you have to drive it when you would rather be driving something else. So at the end of the day you have figure out what your driving enjoyment is worth.

Slow Five-O
02-04-2014, 07:16 PM
03 ford explorer 4.6. 185k miles and going strong.

Slow Five-O
02-04-2014, 07:17 PM
And bought the woman a 05 v6 mustang a couple years ago. 155k miles and doing ok.

JDMLOL
02-04-2014, 07:38 PM
1986 volvo 740 with ~300k ftw.

Dan12GT
02-06-2014, 11:20 PM
As soon as I can get some other debts paid off I plan on getting another car to toot around town with. I plan on something like a Focus. I want pretty new and 4 doors for my kiddo. The Mustang will then become the toy car I take out every once and a while.

DirtyD
02-06-2014, 11:41 PM
I'm getting a truck as soon as I can afford one and find one.

Darkhelmet22
02-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Hopefully my next dd will be 99-01 Lexus es300. Since I work for Lexus the Toyota/Lexus cars make the most sense for me.

Dominic Toretto
02-07-2014, 12:55 AM
I really want one of these but, they are becoming pretty old now. Not sure how they are holding up.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/supraman90_2006/Other%20Cars/6949508450_b43ef39aab_b.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/supraman90_2006/Other%20Cars/6949508714_a7c4a0e0fe_b.jpg

-Alex

Soulowd
02-07-2014, 01:02 AM
let me know if I can help I work for Toyota

re-rx7
02-07-2014, 01:03 AM
2jz-ge=solid. Is300's never have problems. Many of them with 300k+.

Junkie
02-07-2014, 01:09 AM
Seems to me then you have not one, but then two depreciating assets. These Mustangs or any other mass production late model cars are not investments. What you guys are attempting to do is put a Band-Aid on AIDS. It just doesn't work or make sense.

I get what you are doing wanting to keep your toys as nice as possible. I get it, but justifying it through financing another car for better mileage doesn't add up in my opinion. Just say you want to do it because....well because that's what you want to do. lol

Same page, I drive the fuck out of the shit I enjoy. I'd rather have a cheaper car I had to work on, for my daily commute then HATE driving whatever it is daily because it sucks and its boring.

Darkhelmet22
02-07-2014, 01:24 AM

Yes 2jz is solid but don't kid yourself those IS300s do have a few goofy problems. Mostly they leak oil, not a huge deal but most IS300s i work on are trashed.

Darkhelmet22
02-07-2014, 01:25 AM

What dealer?

Dominic Toretto
02-07-2014, 01:40 AM

Not looking for one until next yearish.

Werd.

Yes 2jz is solid but don't kid yourself those IS300s do have a few goofy problems. Mostly they leak oil, not a huge deal but most IS300s i work on are trashed.

That's what I am becoming afraid of with those cars. And IDK what the market is for finding a used 2JZ longblock. Plus if I want the car to be a daily, it defeats the purpose of having to invest a lot in it. That was at the top of my list since they look sweet, reliable, rwd and you can mod them to enjoy even as a daily beater. Best of all worlds. Another more realistic car would be a older Accord. Not a fan of FWD but, I can accept that. Toss some decent rims, tires, tint and lower it and have a nice looking daily with great fuel economy.

-Alex

Junkie
02-07-2014, 01:42 AM
Not looking for one until next yearish.

Werd.

That's what I am becoming afraid of with those cars. And IDK what the market is for finding a used 2JZ longblock. Plus if I want the car to be a daily, it defeats the purpose of having to invest a lot in it. That was at the top of my list since they look sweet, reliable, rwd and you can mod them to enjoy even as a daily beater. Best of all worlds. Another more realistic car would be a older Accord. Not a fan of FWD but, I can accept that. Toss some decent rims, tires, tint and lower it and have a nice looking daily with great fuel economy.

-Alex

I had an IS300 daily for around a year, LOVED IT! Small, easy to park, fun enough to drive, nice enough to drive. Cheap as fuck to work on and easy. Mine was nearly 140k miles without a single issue.

Dominic Toretto
02-07-2014, 02:07 AM
I had an IS300 daily for around a year, LOVED IT! Small, easy to park, fun enough to drive, nice enough to drive. Cheap as fuck to work on and easy. Mine was nearly 140k miles without a single issue.

If I can find a well-kept example about this time next year, perhaps I can buy one cash. I don't see too many of them on the roads these days. I have plenty of time to research.

-Alex

Darkhelmet22
02-07-2014, 02:22 AM
all i can say is you can put an LS3 in an IS300.

Darkhelmet22
02-07-2014, 02:23 AM

Did you do the timing belt yourself?

fordplay
02-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Yeah I don't understand getting a car you love to park it and drive a pos.. I LOVE the excuse "I wish I had my camaro I'd race you, it's fast" wtf?? I can see if you drive a Ferrari that requires a set of headers every 3 years and 10,000 miles requires an engine out service.. but geez.. I mean you can do whatever. Maybe if your mustang is a frigging race car not road legal.. but otherwise. . Do what you want just don't look longingly at me thru the bubbling tint of your smoked in ex rental car pos. You know what makes more financial sense then buying a mustang to park it in the garage and driving another car to save money? Not getting the mustang. .

saunupe1911
02-07-2014, 10:57 AM
Yeah I don't understand getting a car you love to park it and drive a pos.. I LOVE the excuse "I wish I had my camaro I'd race you, it's fast" wtf?? I can see if you drive a Ferrari that requires a set of headers every 3 years and 10,000 miles requires an engine out service.. but geez.. I mean you can do whatever. Maybe if your mustang is a frigging race car not road legal.. but otherwise. . Do what you want just don't look longingly at me thru the bubbling tint of your smoked in ex rental car pos. You know what makes more financial sense then buying a mustang to park it in the garage and driving another car to save money? Not getting the mustang. .

I tend to agree with you, unless you already had a daily. For example my next car will probably be an ATS-V, S5, M4, used Z51. My 5.0 will be my daily. I'm never trading this car in unless I buy another muscle car or I get an offer that I can't refuse.

I will admit that I do have my eyes on an Acura Intergra, RSX, or IS300 simply because my wife and I both loved the tuner era. She adored her Integra.

pohnjarker
02-07-2014, 12:11 PM
You know what makes more financial sense then buying a mustang to park it in the garage and driving another car to save money? Not getting the mustang. .

:happy175:

Dominic Toretto
02-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Yeah I don't understand getting a car you love to park it and drive a pos.

I highly doubt that is anyone's intention but, as you can see from plenty of posts, people mod these cars. If you're expecting, or worse, NOT expecting downtime with your car, does it not make sense to have a plan B that isn't Dart?

-Alex

re-rx7
02-07-2014, 12:21 PM
B-series over K series for a daily.

STROKD
02-07-2014, 12:27 PM

Good post, seriously, but you dont know me or you wouldnt have posted. Twin turbo solid roller 8k + rpm windsor swap, cage, chute, etc... it IS streetable, but would you want to drive it in the rain? snow? What about wearing rear tires out every other month, getting harrassed by cops once or twice a week, climbing over the roll cage to go get some groceries, smelling like gas all the time, getting maybe 14 mpg average, worrying bout the car getting stolen at the mall or at work, etc, and god knows what else. So yea, it took me a long ass time to build the car and Im older now, but even when it was a blown 408 with no cage i had another car... was a baby Benz, then a TL, then a Terminator, which made me buy a 3rd car for a daily. lmao

re-rx7
02-07-2014, 12:33 PM
I would like a daily just to keep rock chips at bay and the excitement in my car. When you drive a shit car to work everyday but have something nice at home it seems to help take stress away lol. I dont get tired of my car or the power even though its just 400whp because compared to what i drive to work its actually FUN!

fordplay
02-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Well strokd that's why I said a race car... cause honestly if you have a full cage and a chute.. yeah I'm not going to consider that a street car.. requiring a drag chute for stopping. You know explaining to the cars behind you at every light.. "sorry I have to repack my chute" you may need a car to drive every day.

P.s. i know you don't use it at every light to stop. It was just funnier to say that!!

DirtyD
02-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Well strokd that's why I said a race car... cause honestly if you have a full cage and a chute.. yeah I'm not going to consider that a street car.. requiring a drag chute for stopping. You know explaining to the cars behind you at every light.. "sorry I have to repack my chute" you may need a car to drive every day.

P.s. i know you don't use it at every light to stop. It was just funnier to say that!!
That just sounded absolutely stupid, and I know you meant to say it. The car doesn't go 160-170 on the street, and the chute detaches typically because it's not legal to drive with one, from what I've heard.

STROKD
02-07-2014, 03:18 PM
That just sounded absolutely stupid, and I know you meant to say it. The car doesn't go 160-170 on the street, and the chute detaches typically because it's not legal to drive with one, from what I've heard.

The car has been over that on public roads... the chute is for legality at the track, car has road racing brakes on it, and Ill probably never need the chute, but its good to have if I do need it. The car will be more of a street car than some claim to be, but that doesnt mean i want to drive it every day and beat it down or have it stolen.:jester: the gas savings alone will pay for a small payment on a new Toyota. In fact, Ill be saving money. As gas continues to go up in price, the more money Ill save over driving the Mustang daily.

Grandpa
02-07-2014, 03:36 PM

LMAO, I've been in that car over 170 before on a deserted mexican highway. The new set up will go 200 ;)

STROKD
02-07-2014, 03:46 PM
The new set up will go 200 ;)
... in fourth gear.

re-rx7
02-07-2014, 03:53 PM
Some people like to measure their own dicks i see. LOL

DirtyD
02-07-2014, 03:54 PM
The car has been over that on public roads... the chute is for legality at the track, car has road racing brakes on it, and Ill probably never need the chute, but its good to have if I do need it. The car will be more of a street car than some claim to be, but that doesnt mean i want to drive it every day and beat it down or have it stolen.:jester: the gas savings alone will pay for a small payment on a new Toyota. In fact, Ill be saving money. As gas continues to go up in price, the more money Ill save over driving the Mustang daily.
I meant that it's not like you'll be doing 160 and then just need to slow down immediately, which is what the shoot is for.

Junkie
02-07-2014, 04:39 PM
Did you do the timing belt yourself?

Yes, working on that motor is not hard at all

Some people like to measure their own dicks i see. LOL

You always say shit like that when people start talking about fast cars, but when you talk about racing your slow car its not dick measuring. Doesn't make much sense to me

re-rx7
02-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Yes, working on that motor is not hard at all

You always say shit like that when people start talking about fast cars, but when you talk about racing your slow car its not dick measuring. Doesn't make much sense to me
My car is the slow but, 400whp is quick enough for me. It makes perffect sense you see in the world of Edicks when one has a small one there is no need in measuring. I like all you guys rides not only because they are fast but because of the thought that went behind them. I still find measuring the ole E-dick a good pasttime.

s/n my car cant be fast..its not LS powered. LOL

Grandpa
02-07-2014, 05:38 PM
My car is the slow but, 400whp is quick enough for me. It makes perffect sense you see in the world of Edicks when one has a small one there is no need in measuring. I like all you guys rides not only because they are fast but because of the thought that went behind them. I still find measuring the ole E-dick a good pasttime.

s/n my car cant be fast..its not LS powered. LOL

Is RKC dead now or what? You spend a lot of time here trolling with comments like this one here.

re-rx7
02-07-2014, 05:50 PM
I will admit the last part is trolling. The part about me being slow is absolute truth.

Futwa
02-07-2014, 06:23 PM
I've been giving this some thought as well recently. It's more of me wanting to own more cars and enjoy them than keeping miles low on my mustang. What do you guys think about getting a wrx for a daily? I've always wanted to own one and since I have the mustang I SHOULD have a car up at all times....should....

re-rx7
02-07-2014, 06:24 PM
I've been giving this some thought as well recently. It's more of me wanting to own more cars and enjoy them than keeping miles low on my mustang. What do you guys think about getting a wrx for a daily? I've always wanted to own one and since I have the mustang I SHOULD have a car up at all times....should....

Wrx isnt bad. They do have problem area's though and finding one that hasnt been beat by a teenager might be a prob.

maxpayne
02-07-2014, 06:51 PM

I wish I could afford a wrx and stang. I had a 2011 WRX, and it was awesome. Not too fast, but fast enough. AWD is awesome on the rainy/snowy days. Four doors is nice, and MPG ain't bad. However, don't like the look of the new 2014s.

Futwa
02-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Yea I don't know what they were thinking with the new wrx. No hatch, and moving to equal length headers? Does look or sound like a subaru, and on top of that it's slower than the previous year! I had a audi a4 quattro that was fun but I always wished it was a little lighter and had more power.

Dominic Toretto
02-07-2014, 08:34 PM

Co-worker of mine dailys his STI. I don't much about them but, hasn't given him trouble from what I understand. It's one of the older one's before Subaru came out with that ghey hatchback.

-Alex

fordplay
02-07-2014, 11:00 PM
And here I thought you were my friend dirtyd.. I thought you were my friend. .. yet you call my funny quip stupid...

DirtyD
02-07-2014, 11:38 PM
And here I thought you were my friend dirtyd.. I thought you were my friend. .. yet you call my funny quip stupid...

I know you were joking, but it still sounded dumb. Lol

M3AN 1
02-11-2014, 11:48 PM
I picked this up for $1,000, its been a year now (12, 000miles) and knock on wood its still going.It really is a hit or miss with $1-2k beaters, most are lemons.

ochoblanco
02-12-2014, 12:06 AM
I love my 11 Taurus...decent power, ridiculous gas mileage considering and I think it looks good. Keeps the miles off the Boss for sure

DirtyD
02-12-2014, 12:10 AM
I picked this up for $1,000, its been a year now (12, 000miles) and knock on wood its still going.It really is a hit or miss with $1-2k beaters, most are lemons.
Kind of jealous about that. I know most people hate exploders, but if I could find something like that, I think it would be a steal, but not so much on gas.

M3AN 1
02-12-2014, 12:25 AM
Yea I was never an explorer fan, even had secound thoughts about this one.But a/c and heat worked and it had 140k and was clean!

Cost about $50-55 to fill, and goes about 275 miles until the fuel light comes on:mad: It's averaging 16-17 mpg with mixed driving.

M3AN 1
02-12-2014, 12:27 AM
I love my 11 Taurus...decent power, ridiculous gas mileage considering and I think it looks good. Keeps the miles off the Boss for sure

Are they any better now?, the late 90s early 2000s were junk.Most I came across in a shop were falling apart.

ochoblanco
02-12-2014, 12:28 AM
Yeah I love it. 265whp, avg 27-28 mpg, 490 miles to a tank, GIANT trunk, spacious interior. The Fusion is probably a better buy though $ wise.

M3AN 1
02-12-2014, 12:33 AM
Yeah I love it. 265whp, avg 27-28 mpg, 490 miles to a tank, GIANT trunk, spacious interior. The Fusion is probably a better buy though $ wise.

Wow that's great mpg for having 99-04 Gt horse power haha.
I wish I had a sedan over the explorer, sucks down gas like a v8 truck and makes less then 200hp :/

ochoblanco
02-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Have to love the little ole 3.5L :-)

garner
02-12-2014, 01:57 AM
If I was looking into newer cars for a daily, one choice would be the new optimas. Have one as a rental while my car is in the shop and it's a pretty fun car to drive for only having 200 hp, gas mileage is good too. Steering feel is almost nonexistent though which I hate while taking turns

M3AN 1
02-12-2014, 09:42 AM
Yea an optima ain't a bad little car.The newer models I even mistake for a Mercedes or a higher end car at first glance with the new body lines.

NAVAG
02-13-2014, 01:18 AM
I put on about 100 miles a day. Had my 5.0 a little over a year and just hit 40K. Most of those miles are from cruising at 2000 RPM up and down I30. Time to park it and find a DD. I've been shopping around myself.

It's not just the miles that I've been racking up that has me looking but the recent cold spell where they keep sanding the roads and all the bugs in the summer. Having a black car is a curse. I can wash the shit out of it on Sunday. Go to work and back and it looks like crap again. I'd rather it sit in the garage and only come out in perfect weather at this point.

Plus with another car as my DD I can have an excuse to buy more stuff to make my Stang go fast.

fordplay
02-13-2014, 08:09 AM
Garner... A kia... seriously. . A kia... you go to your room and don't come back until you start talking sense..

M3AN 1
02-13-2014, 11:39 AM
A beater is a beater. Who cares what It is lol.If I wasn't 6'7" I would still have my 99 civic that managed 33mpg my my hair rubbing the roof got annoying real quick.
Only enjoyed the gas mileage for 2 months and sold it.:(

Grandpa
02-13-2014, 11:56 AM
A beater is a beater. Who cares what It is lol.If I wasn't 6'7" I would still have my 99 civic that managed 33mpg my my hair rubbing the roof got annoying real quick.
Only enjoyed the gas mileage for 2 months and sold it.:(

I agree. I used to have a really nice Magnum SRT-8 as a daily. Both Stangs take up the space in the garage so the SRT-8 sat outside. I worried about the weather, hail and I can't stand a nice car that is dirty. So I sold it and bought my cheap cash truck. It's nice to not have something I don't have to worry about getting beat up or dirty. Some lady door dinged it at Wal-Mart right in front me and she was mortified and apologized. I just laughed it off and told her not to worry about it. I would have freaked out with the SRT-8.

White_lightning
02-18-2014, 05:58 PM
after daily driving a bunch of econobox shit boxes.. FUCK THAT

i spend 2 hours a day in the car i wnt to be comfortable, enjoyable to drive and at least have enough power to get out of its own way.. FUCK some 100 hp tin can on wheels that a drunk rabbit could not over if it ran into you.

03MachMe
02-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Alright Steve time to help me find a decent focus 4 door for under 5k, preferably 2008 or newer

TwoQuack
02-18-2014, 06:51 PM
We have a Camry Hybrid for our daily driver. Makes getting into the Mustang event more fun. Someone said they enjoy revving the engine near a Prius owner so they can hear him hurting the environment. That's my hobby.

Dominic Toretto
02-18-2014, 09:08 PM
We have a Camry Hybrid for our daily driver. Makes getting into the Mustang event more fun. Someone said they enjoy revving the engine near a Prius owner so they can hear him hurting the environment. That's my hobby.

That's pretty funny.

-Alex