PDA

View Full Version : Alignment after lowering

zsommer79
01-30-2014, 02:08 PM
So I put ford k springs (1.5" drop) on the car couple weeks back and now going to take it in for alignment. I have a set of the eibach camber bolts but was wondering if I should try to see if they can bring it into spec without them or if I should just go ahead and put them on before I take it in? Plan on using Firestone for their lifetime alignment deal so it wouldn't really cost anymore more one way or the other.

PCB
01-30-2014, 02:20 PM
I would go ahead and put them in. Couldn't hurt. I bought mine already lowered. Drove straight and true, but decided to have it aligned. Good thing I did. I also had camber bolt put in to get it back to spec.

El_Tortuga
01-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Toss a coin. After dropping 1" in front, mine ended up @ -1.2 deg camber (both sides) so a little toe adjust would have been all that was needed for a perfect street alignment. When camber is adjusted, it affects the toe. More negative camber = more toe out.

Factory spec is -3/4 to -1-1/2 Degree for camber.

Dan12GT
01-30-2014, 10:24 PM
They might be able to get it into spec with stock bolts but save your self the trouble and put the camber bolts in first. That would be unfortunate if they couldn't get it to spec with the factory bolts and you needed to throw on the camber bolts only to throw off the alignment again.

Darkhelmet22
01-31-2014, 12:00 AM
I can do your alignment and if you need the bolts I'll put them in. I've done alignments on 2 other members cars. You don't get the whole alignment for life with me but you would have another mustang owner woking on your car and not some shmo at Firestone.

zsommer79
01-31-2014, 11:30 AM
I can do your alignment and if you need the bolts I'll put them in. I've done alignments on 2 other members cars. You don't get the whole alignment for life with me but you would have another mustang owner woking on your car and not some shmo at Firestone.

Where is your shop located and when can you do it?

Darkhelmet22
01-31-2014, 11:40 AM
Where is your shop located and when can you do it?

Sewell lexus of Ft Worth. I can do it tomorrow, if you like. Its 130.00 for the alignment but i wont charge you to install the bolts if needed. Plus you can pick my brain anytime you want on the forum about alignment and suspension issues.

zsommer79
01-31-2014, 01:17 PM
Damn I wish you were closer, it's like 160 miles round trip from my house. If I had the time I would probably still do it but the wife/kids have other plans for me.

Darkhelmet22
01-31-2014, 02:21 PM
Damn I wish you were closer, it's like 160 miles round trip from my house. If I had the time I would probably still do it but the wife/kids have other plans for me.

Ya that's a long trip for an alignment lol. Let me know if I can do anything else to help out.

Dan12GT
02-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Hmm that makes me wonder if I actually needed my camber bolts. My drop is relatively mild. Only around 1.25 front and 1.5 rear. I think it's sagging more now that my stock struts and shocks have about had it

NAVAG
02-01-2014, 08:42 PM
I dropped mine 1.5" and the camber was off a little but was within spec. Some people actually like it that way to take corners better. You can get some camber bolts from AM pretty cheap. I recommend Muffler King in Garland. The guy there knows how to align a lowered car with after market springs. Most places will want to hook it up to a computer but they can't if you lowered it and they will actually have to do it the right way...The moron at NTB kept saying "you're not supposed to lower it" and wanted to charge me almost $200 to do basically what Muffler King did for $75.

re-rx7
02-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Hmm that makes me wonder if I actually needed my camber bolts. My drop is relatively mild. Only around 1.25 front and 1.5 rear. I think it's sagging more now that my stock struts and shocks have about had it

What springs? I'm lookin at pro kits.

Darkhelmet22
02-01-2014, 11:06 PM
What springs? I'm lookin at pro kits.

I didn't need bolts with my prokit. I put them in anyway but ill be removing them at the first track even I do.

Dan12GT
02-02-2014, 12:41 AM
Mine are BMR. I DD the car though so if camber bolts will help me get a better alignment spec they are staying in

Clrd2lnd
02-05-2014, 10:21 AM
Hey Guys,

I recently moved to the area and was wondering if you have a recommendation for a shop to install a set of lowering springs with eibach camber bolts? My car is a 2011 GT six speed 3.73. Sorry about hijacking the thread. Thanks in advance.

-Jim

Darkhelmet22
02-05-2014, 09:28 PM
Hey Guys,

I recently moved to the area and was wondering if you have a recommendation for a shop to install a set of lowering springs with eibach camber bolts? My car is a 2011 GT six speed 3.73. Sorry about hijacking the thread. Thanks in advance.

-Jim

Haslet Eh? Maybe ill see you around town.

Adam
02-11-2014, 09:13 AM
I'll vouch for dark helmet. He did my alignment. No complaints and it drives straight.

Slowstang1_jgw
02-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Haslet Eh? Maybe ill see you around town.

You have a shop in the area?

Darkhelmet22
02-11-2014, 04:24 PM
I'll vouch for dark helmet. He did my alignment. No complaints and it drives straight.

Thanks Adam.

You have a shop in the area?

I work at Sewell Lexus of Ft Worth.

fordplay
02-12-2014, 09:00 AM
I second the darkhelmet recommendation, and also I call out the third haslet mustang. .. hmmmm we now need to line them up and that way I can be crowned king of the haslet mustangs!!!! Muhahahaha

Darkhelmet22
02-12-2014, 11:33 AM
I second the darkhelmet recommendation, and also I call out the third haslet mustang. .. hmmmm we now need to line them up and that way I can be crowned king of the haslet mustangs!!!! Muhahahaha

Hahahaha you haven't beat me yet.....