PDA

View Full Version : Panhard bard- Need help

GTOphil
01-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Ok guys, I realize you "get what you pay for" and no, I'm not spending a ton of money on this panhard bar.

There are 3 of them for $115. What I need help with is figuring out which one would be better.

S&R
J&M steel
J&M aluminum (different adjustable point than the steel one)

Thanks guys.

BV600
01-29-2014, 04:47 PM
Im not familiar with any of those but i think i have a AM discount code that could get the bmr for 20-30 dollars more.

GTOphil
01-29-2014, 04:58 PM
Im not familiar with any of those but i think i have a AM discount code that could get the bmr for 20-30 dollars more.

Let me know what you have if you don't mind. I'd appreciate any help since I'm planning to spend about $2k soon...every $20 helps.

BERT
01-29-2014, 05:52 PM
Let me know what you have if you don't mind. I'd appreciate any help since I'm planning to spend about $2k soon...every $20 helps.

I have some suspension parts for sale. Brand new

Dominic Toretto
01-29-2014, 05:56 PM
I have the J&M aluminum one. Very sturdy piece and lighter than the stock part of course. At first I couldn't figure out how to get it properly adjusted but, Frank and I on here got it. To adjust it the easiest way put the car on a lift and load the rear axle so it will be as if the car is planted on the ground. Make adjustments as necessary on both ends. Use some locktite.

-Alex

GTOphil
01-29-2014, 06:06 PM
I have some suspension parts for sale. Brand new

You already have a thread about it?

GTOphil
01-29-2014, 06:07 PM
I have the J&M aluminum one. Very sturdy piece and lighter than the stock part of course. At first I couldn't figure out how to get it properly adjusted but, Frank and I on here got it. To adjust it the easiest way put the car on a lift and load the rear axle so it will be as if the car is planted on the ground. Make adjustments as necessary on both ends. Use some locktite.

-Alex

Thanks for the info. It likely won't be on a lift though, probably just jack stands.

JDBishopArts
01-29-2014, 06:15 PM
Go BMR. I think I paid 119 from Jayman here on the site. Or close to it. Great piece.

GTOphil
01-29-2014, 06:20 PM
The BMR I saw in Classifieds for $125 is what I'd like. But it's likely to be next month. So I might end up waiting and hoping.

If I can't find one for sale on here, I'm just getting one of the $115 ones.

BERT
01-29-2014, 06:25 PM
You already have a thread about it?

In the for sale section. I'll make you a deal on it if you want it pretty quick

GTOphil
01-29-2014, 06:51 PM
In the for sale section. I'll make you a deal on it if you want it pretty quick

I appreciate that. It's likely to be a few weeks. If you sell it, great for you.

If you still have it, I'll be interested.

BERT
01-29-2014, 06:59 PM
I appreciate that. It's likely to be a few weeks. If you sell it, great for you.

If you still have it, I'll be interested.

I'll keep you in mind

Bacadiesel
01-29-2014, 08:36 PM
I have j&m steel, adjustment point is closer to the left side. Haven't had any probs with it, I think I payed like 80 bux for it used

Dan12GT
02-02-2014, 12:46 AM

-Alex

Hmm I've always heard the opposite about J&M and to stay away from it. I wanna say I've seen a YouTube video of some guy under his mustang pulling down on the J&M PHB and it was bowing seriously downward with simple pressure of him pulling on it.

Like the saying. You get what you pay for.

OP, Go BMR and never look back!

GTOphil
02-02-2014, 01:08 AM
Thanks I'll see what I can find. I guess a used one would on here would be better. Right now I'm working with a budget of $2k and really would rather not go over.

GTOphil
02-02-2014, 01:30 AM
Anybody know anything about Steeda's?

There's one in the FS section here.

Dan12GT
02-02-2014, 12:58 PM
I don't know much about Steeda. I personally like how BMR does theirs with the adjuster nut in the middle.

GTOphil
02-02-2014, 04:18 PM
BMR it is...

tj@steeda
02-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Here is an article we did on our Panhard Bar ... it is a very strong & quality piece. You will be very happy with the results:

http://www.steeda.com/blog/2013/12/setting-the-bar-steedas-improved-panhard-bar/

Best Regards,

TJ

GTOphil
02-04-2014, 11:13 AM
I bought a BMR yesterday. I can't wait to get it on there. It seems like having one adjustment point would be easier than one on either side.

Here's the one I got (though I got it from a member here, not from AM)-
http://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-adj-panhard-0512.html