PDA

View Full Version : AutoX Winter Session

JDBishopArts
01-28-2014, 10:03 PM
1st Session this season. 2nd AutoX in this car and 1st on the A6's. Didn't do too bad but I was over driving it. This is way more fun than going in a straight line. Hope to see more Mustangs out next time. Crank it up to HD. Enjoy!

nnPc1rj_1X0

DirtyD
01-28-2014, 10:40 PM
DId you intend for the GoPro to start falling sideways? LOL

I love the in car shot with the music. haha

JDBishopArts
01-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Hahah no. I forgot to post that in the description. I guess I didn't tighten it enough.

DirtyD
01-28-2014, 10:49 PM
Hahah no. I forgot to post that in the description. I guess I didn't tighten it enough.
:lol:

I need you to make some of my videos fancy. :)

maxpayne
01-29-2014, 12:31 AM
That's awesome JD. Great vid.

Crimson600+HP
01-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Auto-X is definately a great start to get into the road course style racing. IMO also, much more exhilerating and challenging than a drag race. If you like this and are willing to sacrifice some tire/brake pads, look into HPDE courses. I do through a company that does the Texas tracks and they usually do MSR Cresson (just southwest of DFW) every other month and it costs around $315 for a Saturday/Sunday session with instructor. Not bad of price IMO for 2 days of open track time.

JDBishopArts
01-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Yeah I used to road course back in college. I was with a team so I didn't have to pay haha. I'd get back into it but it's too expensive for us right now. Hopefully ok a couple years I'll be able to do it again.

03MachMe
01-29-2014, 04:05 PM
Auto-X is definately a great start to get into the road course style racing. IMO also, much more exhilerating and challenging than a drag race. If you like this and are willing to sacrifice some tire/brake pads, look into HPDE courses. I do through a company that does the Texas tracks and they usually do MSR Cresson (just southwest of DFW) every other month and it costs around $315 for a Saturday/Sunday session with instructor. Not bad of price IMO for 2 days of open track time.

I would love to do something like that but $315 plus having to take at least 3 days off from work for me equals no can do. I might be able to do the occasional open track day but until I have enough seniority to get weekends off I will have to stick to the parking lots lol

El_Tortuga
01-30-2014, 02:28 PM

Driver's Edge? What run group are you in? My Camaro buddy ran with them last weekend @ TWS. We are both doing the PCA event @ Cresson on Feb 15-16.