PDA

View Full Version : 2012 V6 Water Pump Failure - CPO

brtnstrns
01-25-2014, 03:53 PM
My wife's 2012 V6 has puked coolant all over the floor of our garage. I'm used to water pumps failing and seeping slightly but this looks like it was an all out flood from the water pump. Oil looks okay and the source is definitely the water pump. Is it normal for the pump to release so much coolant in such a period of time when it fails? Also, the car is a CPO that we bought in October. Obviously I could replace the water pump myself but should I go ahead and get it back to Grapevine Ford to get serviced? Or are water pumps out of the scope of the warranty? Sorry, I'm not 100% sure what all the CPO covers.

rriddle3
01-25-2014, 03:57 PM
You're covered. Let them worry about fixing it.

brtnstrns
01-25-2014, 03:59 PM
Do I just call the service center and tell them I bought the car there as a CPO? How do I get the car over there? Seems like it's leaking way too fast to fill up and drive it over. I'm only 10-15 minutes away from them by the way.

rriddle3
01-25-2014, 04:00 PM
I would call and ask them about towing it over there.

rriddle3
01-25-2014, 04:09 PM
Here is Ford's info on the CPO program.

http://www.ford.com/certified-used/inspection/

brtnstrns
01-27-2014, 05:01 PM
Getting it towed into Grapevine this afternoon. Should they give her a rental if its an over-night repair? She's going to need some means of transportation and the warranty info says she's covered for $30/day.

rriddle3
01-27-2014, 07:27 PM
...Should they give her a rental if its an over-night repair?...
Well, that's up to you.

brtnstrns
01-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Thanks for all the info. Got it all handled.

Tow truck guy was a fucking asshole though trying to guilt me for a tip because he got there 30 minutes before he was scheduled to and told me he would wait for me if I gave him a nice tip when I based leaving work on the scheduled time they told me. When I told him I didn't have anything to give him he told me he "would just push it onto the next person if that's how I was going to be". Pissed me off for the rest of the day. Guy ended up dropping my car off at the absolute furthest point from the service center so I had to walk all the way around a warehouse to get to the entrance then didn't drive up to the service center to give them the paperwork like he was supposed to.

Anyway, Grapevine Ford is taking care of everything so that's good.

DirtyD
01-28-2014, 10:07 AM
Thanks for all the info. Got it all handled.

Tow truck guy was a fucking asshole though trying to guilt me for a tip because he got there 30 minutes before he was scheduled to and told me he would wait for me if I gave him a nice tip when I based leaving work on the scheduled time they told me. When I told him I didn't have anything to give him he told me he "would just push it onto the next person if that's how I was going to be". Pissed me off for the rest of the day. Guy ended up dropping my car off at the absolute furthest point from the service center so I had to walk all the way around a warehouse to get to the entrance then didn't drive up to the service center to give them the paperwork like he was supposed to.

Anyway, Grapevine Ford is taking care of everything so that's good.
I'd make a complaint on him, just to show that he can be treated like a dick if he really wants to act like one.

Glad it's getting sorted out.

brtnstrns
01-28-2014, 10:56 AM
I'd make a complaint on him, just to show that he can be treated like a dick if he really wants to act like one.

Glad it's getting sorted out.

Yeah I did in their follow up review thing. Just sucks when this fucker is supposed to be in charge of making sure your car gets where its supposed to in proper condition and you can't trust him because you didn't give him an extra pay bump even though I arrived well before the ETA. I told him that they told me he would be there between 4:30 and 5:00 so therefore I left work accordingly so it doesn't make sense for me to tip him for waiting and all he would say is "yeah, well that isn't what they told me"