PDA

View Full Version : Fort Worth Meet (BJs), Bringing the 'F' to d-F-w-50s

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 12:42 PM
Since the Dallas guys don't seem to want budge from their meets on the east part of town and it seems like we have several in the Fort Worth area that are looking for a closer meet, I know I am. So I wanted to make this an official meet for us.

We are looking to do this meet every Wednesday Night @ 7pm.
The first meetup will start this coming Wednesday night @ 7pm 1/29/14.

We are going to start out meeting at the BJs at the Alliance Shops off Heritage Trace Blvd. Right off of 35W, on the north bound side of 35W. You can see BJs from the highway.

Address:
BJ'S Restaurants Inc
9401 Sage Meadow Trail
Fort Worth, TX 76177

Map:
https://www.google.com/maps/preview/place/BJ'S+Restaurants+Inc/@32.9099249,-97.3161322,18z/data=!4m5!1m2!2m1!1sbjs+fort+worth!3m1!1s0x0:0x78a f5e013f0579af

Depending on how well this meet does we will keep it here for now. If we have to end up moving offsite a bit due to turnout size that is fine. This particular area has a A LOT of parking so I think we will do pretty well in the infant stages.

Of course I have to mention. No burnouts, excessive engine revving, or jack ass behavior will be tolerated. This is a meet up with the mindset for us to get to know each other. Let us respect the local business as well so we can continue to meet.

Depending on how many people we have come out as well I may consider giving the restaurant manager a call to give them a heads up.

Can't wait to see yall there! I'll try to get there a tad early to secure some parking in the back of the lot facing the restaurant entrance.

DirtyD
01-24-2014, 12:53 PM
We need an admin to add this to the weekly meet thread.

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 01:01 PM
I am also open for any suggestions as well but it seems the general conciseness on the Facebook page agrees with this.

Courtesy Flush
01-24-2014, 01:09 PM
Its no wonder Dallas people would not attend these meets.
Tarrant county is a mess.
I live in Keller and work in Coppell. It takes me an hour to get home leaving the office at 5-5:15pm.
Then have to fight 377 or 820 afterwards..haha no thank you.

Dominic Toretto
01-24-2014, 01:16 PM
I'd love to make it out. I'm not far from there from my job but, I get off work at 4pm. I can maybe pull that if Frank doesn't mind me hanging around his shop for awhile lol.

-Alex

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 01:17 PM
I live in Keller and work in Coppell. It takes me an hour to get home leaving the office at 5-5:15pm.

Pretty much. It's a shame too because there is actually a lot to do over there, it's just not worth fighting all that traffic for it.

Besides, the best meet in DFW is here in north Dallas on Friday nights for over a decade in the same location. No other meet anywhere in Texas can make that claim. ;)

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 01:18 PM

Same can be said for us trying to make the stuff on the east parts of town. The coit meet is 40-50 miles one way for most of us.

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Also if we have any folks more towards the central / east part of town this place is really easy to get to. 114 all the way to 35 and the meet is just about 5 miles south or branch off to 170 and its within a few miles.

There is no dealing with 820/377 unless you are coming up from the further south parts of Fort Worth. This meet is designed to be removed from some of the terrible traffic locations.

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 01:24 PM
I think a good idea would be have a once a month meet on a Saturday night somewhere in the midcities.

Strokd has a friend who owns So Cal Taco shop in Grapevine that I'm sure would be happy to host a once a month GTG for us. I think Grapevine would be a good half way point for everyone and easy enough to get to.

DirtyD
01-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Yeah, the traffic is the absolute killer part about it. 7 PM isn't a bad meeting time. Most of the traffic is died down.

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 01:29 PM
I think a good idea would be have a once a month meet on a Saturday night somewhere in the midcities.

Strokd has a friend who owns So Cal Taco shop in Grapevine that I'm sure would be happy to host a once a month GTG for us. I think Grapevine would be a good half way point for everyone and easy enough to get to.

That's fine you can start your own meet then once a month for something like that.

This meet is more tailored for the west of town folks really. Anybody is welcome to come too from any part of town; if they want to make the drive. I just know a lot of people's pain in coming out to meets from the Fort Worth area to the east parts of town.

This is by no means supposed to complete with Coit or something like that. This is just an opportunity for local members to meet each other and hang out.

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 01:31 PM
Yeah, the traffic is the absolute killer part about it. 7 PM isn't a bad meeting time. Most of the traffic is died down.

I think so too. I've been out to this area several times since I've lived in this part of town and traffic is pretty decent at that time. We can always modify meeting times if we need to.

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
That's fine you can start your own meet then once a month for something like that.

This meet is more tailored for the west of town folks really. Anybody is welcome to come too from any part of town; if they want to make the drive. I just know a lot of people's pain in coming out to meets from the Fort Worth area to the east parts of town.

This is by no means supposed to complete with Coit or something like that. This is just an opportunity for local members to meet each other and hang out.

Tsk, tsk.

It was just a side idea to bring both sides of the metroplex together to fix your complaint about Dallas side not making it over there. Wasn't trying to intrude on your idea. Not like I've had any success building up a meet or anything. Carry on with your idea that 6 cars will show up to.. lol

Dominic Toretto
01-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Grapevine is good spot as well.

-Alex

Darkhelmet22
01-24-2014, 01:38 PM

This.

Also I think we may have 8-9 cars show up. ;-) lol

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 01:40 PM
Tsk, tsk.

It was just a side idea to bring both sides of the metroplex together to fix your complaint about Dallas side not making it over there. Wasn't trying to intrude on your idea. Not like I've had any success building up a meet or anything. Carry on with your idea that 6 cars will show up to.. lol

We've tried Grapevine already. It fell through pretty hard because Dallas folks complained about the drive and stopped coming.

Dude I am about at the limit with your crap. I don't need your negative opinions on how this should be done. You are trying to completely side track this meeting's time and location.

I'd be open to your opinion if 1 you were coming to this meet and 2 if your suggestion was reasonable. This was something designed for the local FTW people and anybody else willing to drive this way, since nobody budges for us.

I am plenty for your idea for a monthly meet as well closer to the middle of the metroplex if you want to start something like that, instead of bringing this one down.

Grapevine is good spot as well.

-Alex

Trust me I was all for Grapevine when that was happening until it started migrating back east further and further, then there was nothing. The closest meet to us FTW guys now is somewhere in Carrollton which is about a 35+ mile hike one way.

Bacadiesel
01-24-2014, 01:43 PM
How do you make sure other cars don't park in out spot? Cuz everytime I go by there it's always packed

Bacadiesel
01-24-2014, 01:45 PM
Yea Alex come by the shop and we can roll out there together

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 01:46 PM

From the people interested so far on the FB page it does seem we have a good starting number. So far so good :)

Dominic Toretto
01-24-2014, 01:47 PM
Trust me I was all for Grapevine when that was happening until it started migrating back east further and further, then there was nothing. The closest meet to us FTW guys now is somewhere in Carrollton which is about a 35+ mile hike one way.

Ah okay gotcha, I wasn't aware of that. Kudos on the restaurant choice as well. Love BJs!

-Alex

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 01:48 PM
I may swing by today and gauge the parking situation just to see what we may be able to pull off.

It make take a meet or two to iron out some bugs but so long as we got some interested people in wanting to meet up i'd say that is a solid start for sure.

Dominic Toretto
01-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Yea Alex come by the shop and we can roll out there together

Appreciate it man, I'll keep that in mind!

-Alex

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 01:49 PM
Ah okay gotcha, I wasn't aware of that. Kudos on the restaurant choice as well. Love BJs!

-Alex

I love their pizza!

DirtyD
01-24-2014, 01:50 PM
Actually, more Dallas folk showed up to the grapevine meet than FW people did. That's why they got tired of driving that far for just a Dallas meet.

Darkhelmet22
01-24-2014, 01:50 PM
This meet will be very solid. The comments I got from people on Facebook is why I put the post up on Facebook asking to start this meet.

Boss949
01-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Check out SoCal. Great food, but I think the parking may be limited. I could be wrong, but it seems like a small area if a lot of cars show up. Good location though . I think the BJ's location is great. Easy to get to and plenty of room and great food. +1 Darkhelmet!
Edit: I drove by Socal. Plenty of parking. FYI for future

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Actually, more Dallas folk showed up to the grapevine meet than FW people did. That's why they got tired of driving that far for just a Dallas meet.

You may be right I feel it was more of a 50/50 group at its prime, but I think a lot of it also had to do with the effort involved on how it was coordinated.

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 02:01 PM
This.

Haha!
We've tried Grapevine already. It fell through pretty hard because Dallas folks complained about the drive and stopped coming.

Dude I am about at the limit with your crap. I don't need your negative opinions on how this should be done. You are trying to completely side track this meeting's time and location.

I'd be open to your opinion if 1 you were coming to this meet and 2 if your suggestion was reasonable. This was something designed for the local FTW people and anybody else willing to drive this way, since nobody budges for us.

I am plenty for your idea for a monthly meet as well closer to the middle of the metroplex if you want to start something like that, instead of bringing this one down.

I'm not trying to side track anything. Was just offering to help out to bring both sides together. You can drop the attitude at any time.

Another side note- thought you were selling your car?

How do you make sure other cars don't park in out spot? Cuz everytime I go by there it's always packed

In the past, large mass chain restaraunts are very hard to organize a meet at because there is no way to control the lot. You can try to make arrangements with a manager for food/drink specials and they will sometimes even reserve an area of parking but you will need a large turnout guarantee for them to do that.

The alternatives to that are finding a side parking lot to the location, or going in off hours not near a lunch/dinner rush. Traditionally though, meets at large chain locations don't work due to how busy they are and management not wanting the liability and the ability to turn tables/parking locations and they can't do that with car guys camped out in their parking spots for so long.

Courtesy Flush
01-24-2014, 02:10 PM
In the past, large mass chain restaraunts are very hard to organize a meet at because there is no way to control the lot. You can try to make arrangements with a manager for food/drink specials and they will sometimes even reserve an area of parking but you will need a large turnout guarantee for them to do that.

The alternatives to that are finding a side parking lot to the location, or going in off hours not near a lunch/dinner rush. Traditionally though, meets at large chain locations don't work due to how busy they are and management not wanting the liability and the ability to turn tables/parking locations and they can't do that with car guys camped out in their parking spots for so long.

I think there are ways around that if the car group goes inside for beers/food etc..
Bj's is a good enough restaurant that im sure no one would be opposed to retreat inside.

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 02:12 PM
Haha!

I'm not trying to side track anything. Was just offering to help out to bring both sides together. You can drop the attitude at any time.

Another side note- thought you were selling your car?

Not sure where you got the idea I was selling my car. I never once mentioned that and I never talk to you or see you.

However, thank you for your input on the restaurant idea. Input like this I welcome.

This area however is pretty large and has shops / parking available in abundance. This is why we tossed around the idea on the FB page. Also like I mentioned guys we can change this up how we see fit. If we are taking up too much space we can move off site a bit more, like I mentioned.

I didn't plan on asking the restaurant to reserve tables. The intent is to become a meeting spot for us and we can enter the restaurant if people desire.

Again I don't plan on this being a huge mass meet like Coit but something more concise to meet each other in the group.

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 02:14 PM
Also I might add too we don't need to make this 100% official as this meet is in such infancy we may / may not have to change location / meet time. I think at this time we need to just get a feeler for what we can accomplish at this site.

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 02:16 PM
I think there are ways around that if the car group goes inside for beers/food etc..
Bj's is a good enough restaurant that im sure no one would be opposed to retreat inside.

Exactly how I saw it. Previously when we did have a meet in grapevine at Bone Daddy's most of us ended up inside no matter the weather to get food / drinks. I felt that worked out pretty well and they never had problems with us.

Darkhelmet22
01-24-2014, 02:19 PM
We can always move down towards fuzzys/five guys lot. That is always wide open. BJs will be perfect to start out at.

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 02:21 PM
Again I don't plan on this being a huge mass meet like Coit but something more concise to meet each other in the group.

Hmm, okay. Well that opens you up to a lot of places. I know some other car buddies on that side of town really like the Magnolia Motor Lounge. Good food and drinks, sometimes live music. It's gearhead car guy themed place. I believe it's in downtown Ft.Worth area. I've personally never been there but have wanted to try it out.

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 02:24 PM
We can always move down towards fuzzys/five guys lot. That is always wide open. BJs will be perfect to start out at.

Defiantly lets consider this. I think the first meet at BJs will tell us a lot on how it will work out in the future.

Hmm, okay. Well that opens you up to a lot of places. I know some other car buddies on that side of town really like the Magnolia Motor Lounge. Good food and drinks, sometimes live music. It's gearhead car guy themed place. I believe it's in downtown Ft.Worth area. I've personally never been there but have wanted to try it out.

Thanks for the suggestion. Downtown parking might be tough as a group.

Darkhelmet22
01-24-2014, 02:24 PM

Ya that place is cool but we wanted something that was a bit further north. Seemed like there was more of Keller/Haslet/Roanoke/watauga people vs downtown ft worth people.

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 02:29 PM
No problem. Just trying to help. Good luck with getting something going regularly, fellas.

Darkhelmet22
01-24-2014, 02:39 PM
No problem. Just trying to help. Good luck with getting something going regularly, fellas.

Thanks Brah

DirtyD
01-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Yeah, trying to get people to navigate parking and such in Downtown is going to be tougher. There is a free after 5 PM garage off Calhoun and 3rd street, but no one would get to see the cars. LOL

I think this meet will catch on. Hopefully have some more people just randomly show up too.

We can always post it on Facebook pages to get more exposure if we want. Not that we have to.

Phuck Phace
01-24-2014, 04:27 PM
Should do it in Plano/Frisco

DirtyD
01-24-2014, 05:07 PM
Where the other 20 meets happen?

Bigmac3
01-24-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm good with your plans although it's still a drive for me from south of FTW. There are already two other meets but may also be too far for you northern guys. Tuesday/7pm at Montgomery Plaza/7th St (not just Mustangs), and Saturday night/Fuzzy's Mansfield. Just for those whodidn't know.

Bigmac3
01-24-2014, 05:31 PM

Yeah, that's real close for us in Fort Worth...

GTOphil
01-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Which BJ's and when? The only one I know of off the top of my head is on Hulen at the mall.

I'm up for a West type of meet...I'm too busy right now to get all the way over to Dallas.

Darkhelmet22
01-24-2014, 10:31 PM
Which BJ's and when? The only one I know of off the top of my head is on Hulen at the mall.

I'm up for a West type of meet...I'm too busy right now to get all the way over to Dallas.

Lol dude the damn address was the very first post. BJs on heritage trace and 35

Dominic Toretto
01-24-2014, 11:28 PM
Passed by that area after work today on my way to OKC. Not far at all from where I work in NRH. I'll try to make it out there this coming Wed after work. I'll check back with the thread to see if it will be at the BJs or the Five Guys/Fuzzy's location.

-Alex

GTOphil
01-25-2014, 12:26 AM
Lol dude the damn address was the very first post. BJs on heritage trace and 35

I went to the last post and just read the last page, lol.

Heritage Trace and 35 ain't bad. That's 25ish minutes. I'm about 10 minutes from 287 and 114.

I could actually get over to one of those if it was on a day I could make. Wednesdays and Sundays are out.

GREAT!!! There's finally a meet in my area and I can't go because it's on Wednesday. I ain't never gonna get to meet all you guys!

Stangmaster281
01-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Maybe once this meet starts to pick up pace, this group can meet up with the mansfield meet sometimes. Somewhere in between Ft. Worth and Mansfield, just an idea.

Bigmac3
01-25-2014, 09:11 AM
Maybe once this meet starts to pick up pace, this group can meet up with the mansfield meet sometimes. Somewhere in between Ft. Worth and Mansfield, just an idea.

That would work.

downtime!
01-25-2014, 11:26 AM
This is a 10 minute drive for me, should be able to make it easily. Do I have to bring the Mustang, or can I rumble up in the Plymouth?

Dominic Toretto
01-25-2014, 11:28 AM
This is a 10 minute drive for me, should be able to make it easily. Do I have to bring the Mustang, or can I rumble up in the Plymouth?

Bring both.

-Alex

rriddle3
01-25-2014, 02:18 PM
...Do I have to bring the Mustang, or can I rumble up in the Plymouth?
At least your car would stand out then. :hidesbehindsofa:

I like the idea of a more central FW spot like the general Tuesday night GTG at Montgomery Plaza? It's near the Magnolia Grill location also, but that place is small inside and parking limited.

downtime!
01-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Magnolia has some seriously awesome, high calorie burgers though! Come on, who doesn't love chicken fried bacon and a fried egg on their double meat cheeseburger?!

rriddle3
01-25-2014, 03:55 PM
...Come on, who doesn't love chicken fried bacon and a fried egg on their double meat cheeseburger?!
My cholesterol broke 200 just reading that! :gasp:

Dan12GT
01-25-2014, 04:56 PM

Bring what ever, even though I'd love to see your stang but any fast car is cool too. This is about meeting the people so it doesn't matter much what you come in.

downtime!
01-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Bring what ever, even though I'd love to see your stang but any fast car is cool too. This is about meeting the people so it doesn't matter much what you come in.I'll bring the Stang to the first one at least, don't really get to show her off much these days, mostly just hauls my ass to work every day and sits outside waiting for a bath.

downtime!
01-25-2014, 06:10 PM
My cholesterol broke 200 just reading that! :gasp:You have no idea! LOL! But it's SO good.

GTOphil
01-25-2014, 10:25 PM
At least your car would stand out then. :hidesbehindsofa:

I like the idea of a more central FW spot like the general Tuesday night GTG at Montgomery Plaza? It's near the Magnolia Grill location also, but that place is small inside and parking limited.

That'd be cool. There's a Chipotle on the corner of 7th and University, I could pick up some and then come over!

Tuesdays/Thursdays/Fridays are the best for me personally. I'd love to meet/hang out with some of you guys if there are any meets other than on a Wednesday.

DirtyD
01-26-2014, 01:29 AM

I want to see and ride in the Plymouth.

downtime!
01-26-2014, 02:16 AM
I want to see and ride in the Plymouth.You got it man! First time I bring her.

Dark Pony
01-26-2014, 01:31 PM
I'll be there

Darkhelmet22
01-28-2014, 03:03 PM
Who said this was cancelled? Anybody still coming?

Bigmac3
01-28-2014, 03:19 PM
Who said this was cancelled? Anybody still coming?

I would like to.

Darkhelmet22
01-28-2014, 03:27 PM
This is still on! It shouldn't be that cold at 7.

DirtyD
01-28-2014, 03:43 PM
We can always migrate inside BJs for some beers and such.

downtime!
01-28-2014, 05:39 PM
A high of nearly 50 tomorrow, should feel like a tropical heatwave after today.

Dan12GT
01-28-2014, 08:58 PM
It's still on. I'd defiantly dress warm though. We can all get together and talk a bit outside to see each other and our cars and head inside to BS a bit more over beers!

re-rx7
01-28-2014, 10:24 PM
I may go.

downtime!
01-29-2014, 12:09 AM
I'll be there, what's a little cold air?

DirtyD
01-29-2014, 12:27 AM
Hopefully I can make it out tomorrow night. After scanning CL for a truck, I found one I may go check out tomorrow after work. We shall see.

maxpayne
01-29-2014, 10:08 AM
Hopefully I can make it out tomorrow night. After scanning CL for a truck, I found one I may go check out tomorrow after work. We shall see.

Trying to find you a daily driver?

DirtyD
01-29-2014, 10:23 AM
Trying to find you a daily driver?
Yeah, and get back into a truck. I had a truck prior to getting my car, and the plan was to keep the truck as the daily (paid off) and have the Mustang for fun. Well the truck was wrecked 2 weeks before my car was delivered, so I used the check from the truck to bump up my down payment a little more.

Dominic Toretto
01-29-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm not playing outside today. Weather looks to be warming up towards next week though, I'll be down for that.

-Alex

maxpayne
01-29-2014, 10:56 AM
Yeah, and get back into a truck. I had a truck prior to getting my car, and the plan was to keep the truck as the daily (paid off) and have the Mustang for fun. Well the truck was wrecked 2 weeks before my car was delivered, so I used the check from the truck to bump up my down payment a little more.

Okay cool. Yeah, I am looking for a daily now too. GL!

Bigmac3
01-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Okay cool. Yeah, I am looking for a daily now too. GL!

Do like me and buy another Mustang. My DD is a V6 and I love it.

Crimson600+HP
01-29-2014, 11:50 AM
I DD a Toyota Tundra that also doubles as a tow vehicle for the car now that I have done work to it. DD a truck nowadays isn't too bad as the options available are really nice.

DirtyD
01-29-2014, 11:56 AM
I DD a Toyota Tundra that also doubles as a tow vehicle for the car now that I have done work to it. DD a truck nowadays isn't too bad as the options available are really nice.
Exactly. Plus I need the extra room for my lab pup (85 lb and still growing) and I need something I can haul my bike with to go ride at parks and trails.

GTOphil
01-29-2014, 12:48 PM
EcoBoost > *

Grandpa
01-29-2014, 12:51 PM
Exactly. Plus I need the extra room for my lab pup (85 lb and still growing) and I need something I can haul my bike with to go ride at parks and trails.

I just started riding again. We should meet up some time and go for a ride. I'd like to try out some new trails so I don't burn out on this one by my house.

DirtyD
01-29-2014, 01:08 PM
I just started riding again. We should meet up some time and go for a ride. I'd like to try out some new trails so I don't burn out on this one by my house.

If I can get a truck, I'm totally down for that. I've only riden a few trails, but it's fun.

DirtyD
01-29-2014, 01:09 PM
EcoBoost > *

10th gen F150s hold their own pretty dang well. There is a reason why they are the most sought after used trucks right now.

Crimson600+HP
01-29-2014, 01:19 PM
I am fans of both the Ford F150s and the Toyota Tundras. I think the 5.7 v8 drivetrain the in Toyota's are superior in towing applications though. That engine is a monster and is proven reliable. Plus they have the best resale value out of any truck & made in Texas. Also, a positive displacement supercharger can be placed on non-flex fuel models at the dealership and not void the warranty :)

Bigmac3
01-29-2014, 01:40 PM
EcoBoost > *

My truck is the original Eco-boost, 1986 F250 with a 7.3L diesel and ATS turbo. 386K miles and still ticking.

DirtyD
01-29-2014, 01:44 PM
My truck is the original Eco-boost, 1986 F250 with a 7.3L diesel and ATS turbo. 386K miles and still ticking.
Hells yeah.

rriddle3
01-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Do like me and buy another Mustang. My DD is a V6 and I love it.
Wait...you have a 5.0 and you brought the V6 to the GTG last Saturday? That's grounds for having your 'man card' taken. :jester:

Bigmac3
01-29-2014, 03:19 PM
Wait...you have a 5.0 and you brought the V6 to the GTG last Saturday? That's grounds for having your 'man card' taken. :jester:

Something about that red car, I love driving it. I also love to see the reaction on a lot of drivers who aren't familiar with the 3.7 when I walk them. LOL

re-rx7
01-29-2014, 05:36 PM
I am fans of both the Ford F150s and the Toyota Tundras. I think the 5.7 v8 drivetrain the in Toyota's are superior in towing applications though. That engine is a monster and is proven reliable. Plus they have the best resale value out of any truck & made in Texas. Also, a positive displacement supercharger can be placed on non-flex fuel models at the dealership and not void the warranty :)

Drivetrain superior? Lololo. How many axle configs can you get? That truck has a weak ass chassis as well. Btw I will be there rnd 730

Bacadiesel
01-29-2014, 10:35 PM
It was good seeing lots of mustang out tonight. It was nice to meet you guys. Sorry I had to leave early, I had just got off work and was covered in oil.

downtime!
01-29-2014, 10:59 PM
I left early too, too damn cold! LOL! Really good turnout though, looking forward to some warmer weather get togethers.

Dan12GT
01-29-2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks everybody for coming out tonight! We had a good number I think 14-15 Mustangs in total! It was good to meet some new faces tonight! Thanks too for everybody bearing the cold. It should be even better as it warms up.

I still plan to do this once a week so come out when you can! Like I mentioned before I am up for any suggestions. I think our parking location was perfect with good access to restaurants.

Thanks again guys here are a few pics I got. We are missing a few but that's okay it was cold! :)

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p548/danielh22185/Car%20Meet%20Pics/FTWmeet1_zps9c552be0.jpg (http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/danielh22185/media/Car%20Meet%20Pics/FTWmeet1_zps9c552be0.jpg.html)

http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p548/danielh22185/Car%20Meet%20Pics/FTWmeet2_zps50510d80.jpg (http://s1155.photobucket.com/user/danielh22185/media/Car%20Meet%20Pics/FTWmeet2_zps50510d80.jpg.html)

Jriley
01-29-2014, 11:28 PM
I wish I woulda seen this earlier! I can see BJ's from my house! I'll be there next week hopefully :Pshyco:

Bigmac3
01-30-2014, 12:20 AM
Despite the cold, I really enjoyed it. Nice to put faces to names. Thanks guys.

Bacadiesel
01-30-2014, 12:32 AM
Bigmac, are you the guy with the brown jacket? Who is the guy with the blue 2011?

Stangmaster281
01-30-2014, 02:25 AM
Bigmac, are you the guy with the brown jacket? Who is the guy with the blue 2011?

Was he a senior citizen who was out past his bed time? :rotflmao:

Bigmac3
01-30-2014, 10:17 AM

Yes, I'm the really old guy with a Sterling Gray GT. I don't know about the guy with the '11, I just met him last night.

GTOphil
01-30-2014, 11:05 AM
I'll keep checking back on this thread and see if it ever changes from Wednesday.

Looks like a good turnout.

re-rx7
01-30-2014, 12:04 PM
I think your talking about me.

Bigmac3
01-30-2014, 01:30 PM
I think your talking about me.

No, this guy was late 40s, with a Boss302 intake.

Bacadiesel
01-30-2014, 01:47 PM
I think he had his son with him. 2011 blue 5.0. He was asking me about my gt500 wheels and brembo brakes

Bigmac3
01-30-2014, 02:08 PM
I think he had his son with him. 2011 blue 5.0. He was asking me about my gt500 wheels and brembo brakes

That's him.

downtime!
01-30-2014, 08:02 PM
Mike, and his son Mike.

Srodgers
01-30-2014, 09:46 PM

That was Me. Srodgers

Bacadiesel
01-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Cool. Nice to meet you guys.

emery2483
02-03-2014, 01:19 AM
hey I live next to grapevine! woooo, nice and close if this gets started lol

Dominic Toretto
02-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Looks like crappy weather again this week. Ughhh.

-Alex

Darkhelmet22
02-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Haha butt cold again.

Slowstang1_jgw
02-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Dam I missed the meet, was TDY enjoying the weather in CA.

Dan12GT
02-05-2014, 07:34 PM
I'm going to make the official call to cancel tonight. Too cold! Y'all have fun if you still want a burrito! Hopefully next week will be better.

re-rx7
02-05-2014, 09:50 PM
I'm going to make the official call to cancel tonight. Too cold! Y'all have fun if you still want a burrito! Hopefully next week will be better.

Windchill near 0. Good call!

Dominic Toretto
02-11-2014, 03:59 PM
This happening tomorrow?

-Alex

Bigmac3
02-11-2014, 04:16 PM
The weather today sucks but a warming trend starts tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the 50s. Actually may be warm enough.

DirtyD
02-11-2014, 04:34 PM
As far as I know, yes. Danny won't be there, other plans. I'll be coming out.

GTOphil
02-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Sunday-Thursday next week supposed to be 70. Ahhhhhhhhhh

DirtyD
02-12-2014, 12:49 AM
Forecast shows a high of 47-48° tomorrow. I plan to still stop by to see if anyone is there. I have to run to Cabela's anyways.

GTOphil
02-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Forecast shows a high of 47-48° tomorrow. I plan to still stop by to see if anyone is there. I have to run to Cabela's anyways.

:gunner:

Bigmac3
02-12-2014, 10:14 AM
I'm shooting for it, my sixer needs a bath.

Dominic Toretto
02-12-2014, 10:17 AM
I'm shooting for it, my sixer needs a bath.

For some reason, anytime I hear/see the word "sixer" it reminds me of the scene from Dazed and Confused. I forget what scene it is said in though.

-Alex

Bigmac3
02-12-2014, 10:18 AM
For some reason, anytime I hear/see the word "sixer" it reminds me of the scene from Dazed and Confused. I forget what scene it is said in though.

-Alex

Great movie.

Bacadiesel
02-12-2014, 11:13 AM
I'll be there

Dan12GT
02-12-2014, 03:14 PM
Meet is on for tonight! Should be a but warmer than it has been. See y'all there!

Dominic Toretto
02-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Alright looks like there will be a turn out. I'll be there.

-Alex

downtime!
02-12-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm bringing the Green Monster tonight, Stang is way too dirty.

Bacadiesel
02-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Dammit couldn't make it. My off road x pipe wasn't gonna be welded in on time.

GTOphil
02-12-2014, 11:17 PM
What time does this thing start? I'm done here in Wise county @ 8 on Wednesdays.

downtime!
02-12-2014, 11:36 PM
We usually get there about 7:00 and hang for a couple of hours. I took off at 8:30 tonight, got a little chilly!

Dominic Toretto
02-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Trade to make it. Got too effing cold and didn't want to chill outside. Pun intended.

-Alex

Jriley
02-13-2014, 12:08 AM
It was nice checking out other ppls rides. There's a race red 5.0 with black rims i've seen around the area that sounds really good. i was hoping to see it but didn't. theres also a silver cobra ive seen around western center & 35 i hope to meet sometime

downtime!
02-13-2014, 12:26 AM
I see that Race Red car all the time heading east on Bursey. Not sure if he's on here or not.

Bigmac3
02-13-2014, 12:42 AM
Great meet guys, really good turnout. See you next week, weather permitting.

Bacadiesel
02-13-2014, 01:33 AM
That race red that sounds good is me

DirtyD
02-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Another good turn out this week. Hopefully next week we can hang outside and not get refridgerated.

Dominic Toretto
02-13-2014, 10:37 AM
What restaurant did you guys go to?

-Alex

DirtyD
02-13-2014, 10:42 AM
We typically hang out in Freebirds.

Forecast shows next week will be mid to upper-70s all week, approaching 80 on Wednesday! :dancenana:

Darkhelmet22
02-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Maybe one of these times some of us can roll out to mexico for some fun.

Grandpa
02-13-2014, 11:34 AM

Forecast shows next week will be mid to upper-70s all week, approaching 80 on Wednesday! :dancenana:

Yes! Finally car weather is coming!!:peace:

DirtyD
02-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Maybe one of these times some of us can roll out to mexico for some fun.
I'm game.

Yes! Finally car weather is coming!!:peace:
Hells to the yeah!:party36:

Dominic Toretto
02-13-2014, 12:53 PM

Freebirds... man we gotta do better than that. I'll go somewhere I have to tip before I go to eat at Freebirds lol.

-Alex

GTOphil
02-13-2014, 03:54 PM
Freebirds... man we gotta do better than that. I'll go somewhere I have to tip before I go to eat at Freebirds lol.

-Alex

Chipotle > Taco Bell > Freebirds

Grandpa
02-13-2014, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't feed Taco Bell to my dog. lol

At least at Chipotle they have their organic veggies and meats.

Bigmac3
02-13-2014, 04:58 PM

-Alex

No one is being forced, there are half a dozen eateries there to choose from. This isn't exactly gourmet night.

PLASMAN
02-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Is this still at BJ's or has it moved?

Dark Pony
02-17-2014, 09:58 PM
It's across the the parking lot of BJ's and Freebirds

Dominic Toretto
02-17-2014, 10:03 PM
Wednesday it's on! Finally getting some TX weather.

-Alex

re-rx7
02-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Im out this week. HAve another meet.

DirtyD
02-18-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm in. Bringing the dog along since the weather will be nice.

Dominic Toretto
02-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Man it was nice to meet everyone! Had a great time.

-Alex

Bigmac3
03-04-2014, 11:55 PM
Anyone on for tomorrow?

DirtyD
03-05-2014, 12:14 AM
I'll be there unless I get hung up at work late

PLASMAN
03-05-2014, 12:32 AM
Might come also...

Dark Pony
03-05-2014, 08:15 AM
I might come for a bit. I'll have some shirts too.

Rydawg1
03-05-2014, 04:09 PM
werd!

Dominic Toretto
03-05-2014, 04:10 PM
I'm out. Got a Vietnamese thing tonight.

-Alex

Dark Pony
03-06-2014, 09:45 AM
Sorry I couldn't make it. I didn't get home till after 7.

DirtyD
03-06-2014, 09:49 AM
I ended up getting stuck at work longer than I planned. I should be out next week.

Bigmac3
03-06-2014, 10:14 AM
We had a whopping crowd of three, woohoo!!!

Rydawg1
03-06-2014, 12:34 PM
No, three's company, four's a crowd lmao!

Bigmac3
03-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Can't make it tonight, see you guys later.

Bacadiesel
03-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Not gonna make it today either

Dominic Toretto
03-16-2014, 08:01 PM
This Wednesday is looking good. Weather should be back to great.

-Alex

Bigmac3
03-16-2014, 10:19 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Dominic Toretto
03-17-2014, 03:23 PM
I'll have my daughter Wednesday, so I am out this week.

-Alex

Dan12GT
03-19-2014, 03:07 PM
I'm in for tonight. Sorry I haven't been lately been busy with studying for a cert test. My car will be dirty as all heck

ThunderkissGT14
03-19-2014, 06:00 PM
could make it, but it only looks like one other person is down for going?

Disturbed
03-20-2014, 12:52 AM
If this was a weekend meet I know I would do it. I think a lot more would. Work schedule jacks me up. :whymewhyme:

Dark Pony
03-26-2014, 04:39 PM
Anyone going tonight?

Dominic Toretto
03-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Anyone going tonight?

Not me. Looks like it may begin to start pouring down again.

-Alex

Austin@BA-Speed
04-02-2014, 06:20 PM
anyone going tonight? or is the weather supposed to be really bad?

DirtyD
04-02-2014, 08:27 PM
I just got here.

Dan12GT
04-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Good turnout tonight y'all! Glad to see everyone tonight!

GreenGravity
04-23-2014, 08:41 PM
anyone out there tonight?

GreenGravity
04-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Doesn't look like it lol damn.

Bacadiesel
04-23-2014, 11:50 PM
You guys wanna come to my shop next week for BBQ

DirtyD
04-24-2014, 12:47 AM

I'm down!

Dominic Toretto
04-24-2014, 10:18 AM

What day?

-Alex

Bacadiesel
04-24-2014, 11:48 AM
Idk I was thinking Wednesday

downtime!
04-24-2014, 03:03 PM
That would work for me, but I'm going racing in Ohio. I think the shop is a way cooler place to meet than BJ's though. Need to set up something on a semi regular basis.

GreenGravity
04-25-2014, 06:48 PM
That sounds good to me!
I don't even know how to find a current car meet.
I get finished up with class at 5pm wednesday typically.

GreenGravity
04-29-2014, 01:56 AM
Hey Diesel is everyone still wanting to meet up?

downtime!
04-29-2014, 08:56 AM
Everyone meet up over there and help him work on my car.

DirtyD
04-29-2014, 09:56 AM
everyone meet up over there and help him work on my car.

ThunderkissGT14
04-30-2014, 08:02 PM
guess if you dont already know where this shop is, you didn't get the invite?

Bigmac3
05-31-2014, 06:27 PM
Hey guys, I want to put out an invite to you all. Some know of this and some don't. A couple of months ago, the Cowtown Car Meet which met on Tuesdays at Mongomery Plaza was basically evicted by the management. We have moved north to Ricky Bobby at NW 820 and Mk IV Parkway. Time is 7:30 - 10:00. This just a few miles south of where we were meeting on Wednesdays. Some of the guys from the BJ's meet are already attending. Come on out and give it a shot on Tuesdays. Might as well plug this one also while I'm at it. (She'll be at both)

Fonzy7189
09-02-2014, 05:33 PM
Does this meet even happen anymore?

Bigmac3
09-29-2014, 04:50 PM
Does this meet even happen anymore?

No.