PDA

View Full Version : 2015 z06

Grandpa
01-22-2014, 12:38 PM
Here it is and it's a beast. It broke all the ZR1 records already. This thing is a beast!

-lighter and stiffer chassis. So much more stiff the Z06 now has a removable roof.
-7 speed manual and for the first time a 8 speed auto offered in the Z06
-Supercharged motor that can run in three different modes, 4cyl, NA 8cyl or Supercharger 8cyl modes.

kfhBg5O9i2U

03MachMe
01-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Its a nice car but for $100k there are other cars I would rather have.

Grandpa
01-22-2014, 12:58 PM
Its a nice car but for $100k there are other cars I would rather have.

Like what for example?

03MachMe
01-22-2014, 12:59 PM
2014 viper

Grandpa
01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
I could see that for you. It's more of a raw drivers car without all the drivers assistance nannies. Viper's are a lot of fun to drive, but they are a handful to drive and can bite you in the ass at any moment. However, 2014 Viper's are a bit more than $100k and the Z06 is supposedly going to be less than.

03MachMe
01-22-2014, 01:13 PM
The new viper has all the nannies if you want them but they can be turned off. I just can't justify spending 100k on a sports car that looks like every other vette on the road. At least with the viper it's a car not seen very often. Same thing I have said about the ZR1. And I'm willing to bet the new Z06 is just over or right at 100k

rlhay2
01-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Here's my decision matrix for the short list of cars I would sell mine for:

1) Ford GT - but good luck finding one for anything near $100K

2) Audi R8 vert - reasonable price but needs the dual hairdryer mod

3) '15 Z06 vert - all new cars are too expensive, this one is closest to being worth the asking price

STROKD
01-22-2014, 05:26 PM
2014 viper

The Viper is sexy, but it sounds like a dump truck.

03MachMe
01-22-2014, 05:31 PM

Haha nice edit..... And sound is subjective like looks

STROKD
01-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Haha nice edit..... And sound is subjective like looks

Theres no test data yet, but I think the z will fuck it up as per stated. But as of now its jus fan boi cheerleading lol

re-rx7
01-22-2014, 07:37 PM
New viper is a ton easier to drive then old one. I hear that the viper motor is severely detuned because of who it's owned by didn't want it to overshadow its other more expensive offerings.

blownaltered
01-22-2014, 08:33 PM
The new viper has all the nannies if you want them but they can be turned off. I just can't justify spending 100k on a sports car that looks like every other vette on the road. At least with the viper it's a car not seen very often. Same thing I have said about the ZR1. And I'm willing to bet the new Z06 is just over or right at 100k

This has always been my argument about the vette. If I want to spend 70k or more I don't want it to look the exact same as the 50k model. That's why I have always preferred the viper in the high end American cars. I know the new z06 is going to be a beast but I just couldn't justify spending that much on a car that looks the same as a car half its price. But I'm also not hitting my midlife crisis yet :nutkick:

jng2985
01-22-2014, 08:35 PM
lol buy the z07 pck and drive on 4.. Car is def. badass! Yellow is still gay........ Either way, badass car. I will be impressed when I get a chance to run one "and lose" but not be ricer fly by'd by the old guy claiming he won.

03MachMe
01-22-2014, 08:37 PM
This has always been my argument about the vette. If I want to spend 70k or more I don't want it to look the exact same as the 50k model. That's why I have always preferred the viper in the high end American cars. I know the new z06 is going to be a beast but I just couldn't justify spending that much on a car that looks the same as a car half its price. But I'm also not hitting my midlife crisis yet :nutkick:

Same here. I'm not saying the car won't be a beast but I would hate to spend 100k on a car and everyone that isn't a gear head comes up and says, "nice vette, my grandfather has one just like it"

re-rx7
01-22-2014, 08:38 PM
On the track car is only as fast the driver.

Soulowd
01-22-2014, 09:47 PM
You can get a super snake for 100k that be my choice

Crimson600+HP
01-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Used grand am racers from rehagen racing are like $30k. Then $70k on something else :)

Dominic Toretto
01-23-2014, 09:49 AM
This has always been my argument about the vette. If I want to spend 70k or more I don't want it to look the exact same as the 50k model.

Exactly the same?

Different front bumper, front splitters, front fenders, side skirts, rear fenders, rear bumper, tail lights, emblems... yup. Exactly the same.

-Alex

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Exactly the same?

Different front bumper, front splitters, front fenders, side skirts, rear fenders, rear bumper, tail lights, emblems... yup. Exactly the same.

-Alex

I found that comment amusing considering the Mustang crowd is absolutely the worst about cars looking similar with so many Stangers running the same body mods and wheels. lmao.

DirtyD
01-23-2014, 11:07 AM
I found that comment amusing considering the Mustang crowd is absolutely the worst about cars looking similar with so many Stangers running the same body mods and wheels. lmao.
These should be your new favorite wheel! Drag oriented, black mesh, and no rivets! :D

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-129921068523155/weld-s77b-series-8.gif

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Those don't look bad at all. I kinda like them. I don't have a problem with black centered wheels, it's the wheels that are all blacked out including the hoops to where it takes all the detail away and you can't see what kind of wheel it is. In pictures the car just looks like it's sitting on some black void. Just looks silly in my opinion. But each to their own. As for the assembly bolts I've never been wild about them either, but they have grown on me with my wheels. I really hate them when I have to clean them on occasion cuz it hurts my fingers like a mofo!

DirtyD
01-23-2014, 11:35 AM
Those don't look bad at all. I kinda like them. I don't have a problem with black centered wheels, it's the wheels that are all blacked out including the hoops to where it takes all the detail away and you can't see what kind of wheel it is. In pictures the car just looks like it's sitting on some black void. Just looks silly in my opinion. But each to their own. As for the assembly bolts I've never been wild about them either, but they have grown on me with my wheels. I really hate them when I have to clean them on occasion cuz it hurts my fingers like a mofo!
LOL. I love how you bolded the "assembly bolts".

The wheels aren't that bad. I like the new S75B style though. It looks like the old mag wheels from the original Machs and Camaros from back in the day.

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-129921068523155/weld-s75b-series-8.gif

BERT
01-23-2014, 12:01 PM

Funny you say that, my mom says my car sounds like a dump truck when I pull up to there house. And I only have gt500 ab's lol

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 12:07 PM
Funny you say that, my mom says my car sounds like a dump truck when I pull up to there house. And I only have gt500 ab's lol

Vipers sound like UPS trucks.

These new 5.0's sound like boats burbling in the water at idle. I really wish my car sounded like the wife's Mach. Can't stand the way these 5.0's sound.

03MachMe
01-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Exactly the same?

-Alex

Yes like I said a car guy will know the difference. 90% of the people you meet will not.

STROKD
01-23-2014, 01:03 PM
These should be your new favorite wheel! Drag oriented, black mesh, and no rivets! :D

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-129921068523155/weld-s77b-series-8.gif

Wtf r those?!?!? Gd it now Im going to want a 4th set of wheels and my car doesnt move yet. Thanks ass.

STROKD
01-23-2014, 01:05 PM

Your mom doesnt know what a dump truck sounds like. A Mustang sounds zero like a Viper (or UPS/ dump truck). Heh

Dominic Toretto
01-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Yes like I said a car guy will know the difference. 90% of the people you meet will not.

True but, still that same 90% won't know the difference between a 5.0 and a base Mustang or even a GT500.

With the ZO6 you get different everything except roof panel, mirrors, doors and trunk. Everything else is completely different. It's a Corvette so it does have to look like... *gasp* a Corvette. What are people expecting the ZO6 to look like? Not a Corvette?

-Alex

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 01:18 PM
True but, still that same 90% won't know the difference between a 5.0 and a base Mustang or even a GT500.

With the ZO6 you get different everything except roof panel, mirrors, doors and trunk. Everything else is completely different. It's a Corvette so it does have to look like... *gasp* a Corvette. What are people expecting the ZO6 to look like? Not a Corvette?

-Alex

Finally, you made a point I agree with that doesn't make me smack my forehead so hard I almost KO myself.

It's silly to expect non-car people to know the difference from one model to another. Most of the general public still believe silly shit like a stock Lambo or Veyron are the fastest cars on the road too not having a clue how many 1200hp+ cars are running around these days. lol

rlhay2
01-23-2014, 01:49 PM
Much like a conversation I had with a certain yellow viper owner:
"If we pass a cop mid pull I can just pull into a mall parking lot. You can't."

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Much like a conversation I had with a certain yellow viper owner:
"If we pass a cop mid pull I can just pull into a mall parking lot. You can't."

Hahahah! Solid!

re-rx7
01-23-2014, 02:09 PM
How many cars do 260+ modded or not on the streets and are stable to boot.

re-rx7
01-23-2014, 02:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that Bette will be 125+.

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 02:13 PM
How many cars do 260+ modded or not on the streets and are stable to boot.

Wait...what?

re-rx7
01-23-2014, 02:23 PM
What I said. I watched a doc on the veyron and the things did to make that car do what it does are nothing short of spectacular. The wing alone is something amazing. It's just as stable a 250 as most cars at 120.

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 02:35 PM
What I said. I watched a doc on the veyron and the things did to make that car do what it does are nothing short of spectacular. The wing alone is something amazing. It's just as stable a 250 as most cars at 120.

That's all fine and well, but it's only useful if it has 10 miles of road to get there. There are a number of cars running around the streets these days that will/do absolutely embarrass a Veyron in a mile or less.

Dominic Toretto
01-23-2014, 03:26 PM

Someone's got a clue.

Everything on the Veyron is meticulously scrutinized. Even if another car could travel the same speed and have the same acceleration, it will never be as good a car as a Veyron. People that buy Veyrons don't give two poops what someone's LS swapped Miata can do.

-Alex

re-rx7
01-23-2014, 04:05 PM
That's all fine and well, but it's only useful if it has 10 miles of road to get there. There are a number of cars running around the streets these days that will/do absolutely embarrass a Veyron in a mile or less.

How many of those can do 260+ and drive across country in comfort?

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 04:07 PM

LOL, you really have no clue.

DirtyD
01-23-2014, 04:12 PM
The only roads long enough for a Veyron to hit 268 MPH aren't exactly roads you want to travel on doing those speeds.

A veyron is ann extremely nice car with the potential to go fast. It's a mechanical dream car, but it's still just an item to show off your wealth. The people that buy that car could care less about doing 268 MPH.

Dan12GT
01-23-2014, 04:24 PM

You are also talking about HEAVILY modified cars compared to a stock car as well. This stock car however built strictly for speed and stability. I would probably trust it too at 200+ over anything else.

Anywho, to get back on topic. This vette is SICK! However I'd never buy one if I could. For $100k+ I'd much rather seek out something either more exotic or build up something that is more of an underdog.

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 04:39 PM
You are also talking about HEAVILY modified cars compared to a stock car as well. This stock car however built strictly for speed and stability. I would probably trust it too at 200+ over anything else.

Anywho, to get back on topic. This vette is SICK! However I'd never buy one if I could. For $100k+ I'd much rather seek out something either more exotic or build up something that is more of an underdog.

:shakehead::banghead::rofl:

DirtyD
01-23-2014, 04:49 PM
You can build a car comparable, if not exceeding the Veyron in every aspect for probably half the cost if you have the means and knowledge to do so.

Like I said, the Veyron is a status symbol more than it is a true enthusiast car. Now the Koenigsegg Agrea R is a completely different story.

Dan12GT
01-23-2014, 05:07 PM
You can build a car comparable, if not exceeding the Veyron in every aspect for probably half the cost if you have the means and knowledge to do so.

Like I said, the Veyron is a status symbol more than it is a true enthusiast car. Now the Koenigsegg Agrea R is a completely different story.

Very true, to be honest I don't know why we are even comparing $1million sports cars to $100k cars. I simply made the statement that I would feel safer in one as apposed to some hawked up TT gallardo.

Dominic Toretto
01-23-2014, 05:09 PM
Very true, to be honest I don't know why we are even comparing $1million sports cars to $100k cars.

Because we're in Middle Earth.

-Alex

DirtyD
01-23-2014, 05:13 PM
Very true, to be honest I don't know why we are even comparing $1million sports cars to $100k cars. I simply made the statement that I would feel safer in one as apposed to some hawked up TT gallardo.
I'd feel more comfortable in a SSC Ultimate Aero than the Veyron at those speeds. The Veyron is like driving a boat at 200 mph. :lol:

Dominic Toretto
01-23-2014, 05:15 PM
The Veyron is like driving a boat at 200 mph. :lol:

When did you drive a Veyron?

-Alex

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 05:44 PM

Agreed 100%. Not to mention the Veyron cannot be driven full tilt very often. It will melt the tires due to it's aero and heavy weight, the clutches and turbos need to be replaced very often if it's not driven around like a grandma car.

As for a UGR TT Gallardo being a "hawked up" car, that is hilarious. If you have any clue what you are looking at and get a chance to get a close look at those full builds UGR does, they are modern works of art. They will out perform a Veyron in every manner and that's without a dozen oil coolers and intercoolers like the Veyron has. The Veyron is so inefficient as a mechanical thing it's ridiculous. Sure, it's a cool handmade car, but it's not the end all be all of big MPH cars. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Dan12GT
01-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Agreed 100%. Not to mention the Veyron cannot be driven full tilt very often. It will melt the tires due to it's aero and heavy weight, the clutches and turbos need to be replaced very often if it's not driven around like a grandma car.

As for a UGR TT Gallardo being a "hawked up" car, that is hilarious. If you have any clue what you are looking at and get a chance to get a close look at those full builds UGR does, they are modern works of art. They will out perform a Veyron in every manner and that's without a dozen oil coolers and intercoolers like the Veyron has. The Veyron is so inefficient as a mechanical thing it's ridiculous. Sure, it's a cool handmade car, but it's not the end all be all of big MPH cars. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Oh I agree 100% man. I was just saying you are comparing the UGR cars to a stock car, it SHOULD out perform any stock super car.

Funny too you mention the comment about melting the tires. I saw the Top Gear episode where they test the veyron top speed and the engineer mentioned something like the tires won't last anything longer than like 30 mins before they are shredded due to the down-force and speed of the car. Kinda crazy.

DirtyD
01-23-2014, 06:17 PM
Oh I agree 100% man. I was just saying you are comparing the UGR cars to a stock car, it SHOULD out perform any stock super car.

Funny too you mention the comment about melting the tires. I saw the Top Gear episode where they test the veyron top speed and the engineer mentioned something like the tires won't last anything longer than like 30 mins before they are shredded due to the down-force and speed of the car. Kinda crazy.
I'm pretty sure it's more like 30 seconds. The amount of friction between the rubber and road at that speed with the downforce is absurd.

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 06:18 PM

They won't last NINE minutes. It's amusing that you are referring to a Veyron as a "stock" car too like it's a Kia or something. Haha.

It's a handmade built up supercar no different than any other hyper fast super car with the exception it's all built in one place. All the parts from the Veyron are shipped in from all over the world no differently than any other car.

re-rx7
01-23-2014, 06:19 PM
20 min at full speed. In other words they last 20 min at 268. Michelin makes the tire. 16k a set. It has those cooler and inter cooler because that's how you make it last. Not 3 runs then build it. The ugr shit breaks all the time. I've talked to will about this before.

DirtyD
01-23-2014, 06:20 PM
When did you drive a Veyron?

-Alex
your driving a 4200# car at 260 mph....I'm not dumb enough to drive that fast in a boat.

Dan12GT
01-23-2014, 06:24 PM
They won't last NINE minutes. It's amusing that you are referring to a Veyron as a "stock" car too like it's a Kia or something. Haha.

It's a handmade built up supercar no different than any other hyper fast super car with the exception it's all built in one place. All the parts from the Veyron are shipped in from all over the world no differently than any other car.

Stock meaning the way it comes from the factory. I swear you LOOK to argue ANYTHING! Anybody would understand the term stock meaning how it comes when you buy it....

20 min at full speed. In other words they last 20 min at 268. Michelin makes the tire. 16k a set.

Just re-watched the video ya, lol 15 minutes of tire life at that speed. Jebus!

DirtyD
01-23-2014, 06:34 PM
Stock meaning the way it comes from the factory. I swear you LOOK to argue ANYTHING! Anybody would understand the term stock meaning how it comes when you buy it....

You are still comparing two different "levels" of cars though. A stock Veyron is way above a stock Gallardo, etc. Hypercar to supercar. Now comparing the Veyron to the Aero, Agera R, Zonda R, etc. is more of an equal stock comparison.

Just re-watched the video ya, lol 15 minutes of tire life at that speed. Jebus!
That's traveling to Dallas and back in 15 minutes at that speed. Shit.

re-rx7
01-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Tires are badass. Takes an hr to make one tire by hand.

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 06:47 PM

So by that logic, I could go buy a UGR TTG and it's stock. Gotcha.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

Dan12GT
01-23-2014, 07:03 PM
You are still comparing two different "levels" of cars though. A stock Veyron is way above a stock Gallardo, etc. Hypercar to supercar. Now comparing the Veyron to the Aero, Agera R, Zonda R, etc. is more of an equal stock comparison.

That's traveling to Dallas and back in 15 minutes at that speed. Shit.

I agree, but my point is Steve is comparing UGR cars to Veyrons and calling it the same level of comparison and then tossing in the idea the Veyron is trash. Which I said isn't an equal comparison in a stock vs stock format because the UGR cars are "hyper cars" due to the aftermarket attention and money involved with them after the fact. Obviously a UGR car would blow the doors off a stock Veyon.

In retrospect the same can be said if you take a v6 mustang and dump endless amounts of money into it to make it faster than a GT. Obviously the "lessor" car with tons of money devoted to it will generally be the more powerful car (if that is the end goal; generally speed / performance is a factor of money involved).

All my original point was YES, the UGR cars should be faster and I would expect them to be. I was only stating that I personally would simply just trust the car that is designed to go 250+ from the factory (engineered for this very purpose).

Maybe the UGR cars DO control and handle just as well as the Veyron at that speed, I have no idea. I am simply doubting that. However I am basing my opinion off of what I generally would think to see from a car with 2000hp. It goes fast in a strait line, and gets pretty hard to control the faster you go. (simple logic there).

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

Unless UGR is some odd form or branch of Lamborghini like Roush is to Ford, UGR cars are not STOCK cars....

You can leave out the insulting people's intelligence part. I never personally attacked you. You just seriously make arguments where there are none to be had.

re-rx7
01-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Ugr is a tuning company. Not offered thru a dealer.

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 07:44 PM
I agree, but my point is Steve is comparing UGR cars to Veyrons and calling it the same level of comparison and then tossing in the idea the Veyron is trash. Which I said isn't an equal comparison in a stock vs stock format because the UGR cars are "hyper cars" due to the aftermarket attention and money involved with them after the fact. Obviously a UGR car would blow the doors off a stock Veyon.

In retrospect the same can be said if you take a v6 mustang and dump endless amounts of money into it to make it faster than a GT. Obviously the "lessor" car with tons of money devoted to it will generally be the more powerful car (if that is the end goal; generally speed / performance is a factor of money involved).

All my original point was YES, the UGR cars should be faster and I would expect them to be. I was only stating that I personally would simply just trust the car that is designed to go 250+ from the factory (engineered for this very purpose).

Maybe the UGR cars DO control and handle just as well as the Veyron at that speed, I have no idea. I am simply doubting that. However I am basing my opinion off of what I generally would think to see from a car with 2000hp. It goes fast in a strait line, and gets pretty hard to control the faster you go. (simple logic there).

Unless UGR is some odd form or branch of Lamborghini like Roush is to Ford, UGR cars are not STOCK cars....

You can leave out the insulting people's intelligence part. I never personally attacked you. You just seriously make arguments where there are none to be had.

Please quote where I stated the Veyron was trash and quote where I personally "attacked" you. Why are you so defensive? It's a discussion. Any time I comment on something where I don't completely agree with your point its an "argument". Lay off the caffeine and relax. Damn. lol

Dominic Toretto
01-23-2014, 07:55 PM

Bingo!

You should save your time and effort Dan, once he has an opinion formed, it somehow becomes fact no matter what. The rest of the forum knows what stock means. UGR is not a manufacturer, Roush is not a manufacturer, so on and so forth.

-Alex

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Bingo!

You should save your time and effort Dan, once he has an opinion formed, it somehow becomes fact no matter what. The rest of the forum knows what stock means. UGR is not a manufacturer, Roush is not a manufacturer, so on and so forth.

-Alex

You guys completely missed the point and ran off in another direction with it in hopes to make a point that didn't apply. lol

Dominic Toretto
01-23-2014, 08:12 PM
You guys completely missed the point and ran off in another direction with it in hopes to make a point that didn't apply. lol

The original point of this thread was the 2015 ZO6. There are more pages about a Bugatti now. Which point doesn't apply lol?

-Alex

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 08:16 PM
The original point of this thread was the 2015 ZO6. There are more pages about a Bugatti now. Which point doesn't apply lol?

-Alex

Point taken.

See what I did there?

Dan12GT
01-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Please quote where I stated the Veyron was trash and quote where I personally "attacked" you. Why are you so defensive? It's a discussion. Any time I comment on something where I don't completely agree with your point its an "argument". Lay off the caffeine and relax. Damn. lol

:shakehead::banghead::rofl:

^^ What is this supposed to insinuate exactly?

The Veyron is so inefficient as a mechanical thing it's ridiculous. Sure, it's a cool handmade car, but it's not the end all be all of big MPH cars. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

With the level of how much you talked up the UGR cars and then add this statement to the end of of it maybe its not direct "trash" talking it but you catch my drift.

^^^ This seems like a pretty conniving comment against me personally.

I am done anyway. I never wanted to have to argue about something as simple as my own opinion which it seems I am not entitled to have without a damn debacle. I made a very simple statement and gave my opinion. Good lord...

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 09:11 PM
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong! =p

Dan12GT
01-23-2014, 09:15 PM
I'd love to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong! =p

I'll be the bigger man here.

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 09:18 PM
Since you clearly are not getting the point..you are taking this stuff way too seriously. Lighten up.

Stangmaster281
01-23-2014, 09:57 PM
All the cars mentioned in this thread are slower than mustangs. :emotions33:

Crimson600+HP
01-23-2014, 10:16 PM

Lol

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 10:33 PM

Truth!! 5.0s rule all.

blownaltered
01-23-2014, 11:01 PM
So I guess I missed all the bitching about this. Let me sum this up.

Dominic call Steve hard headed but he will argue anything till nobody cares anymore.
The new vette still has a shitty looking rear end.
The new z06 is still a vette, I don't care how much you charge for it.
There is some midlife crisis shit happening in here.
ugr rules all and Bugatti sucks apparently

Did I miss anything?

KurvStr8nr
01-23-2014, 11:19 PM
Nope.
:smiley-face-popcorn

Dominic Toretto
01-23-2014, 11:28 PM
So I guess I missed all the bitching about this. Let me sum this up.

Dominic call Steve hard headed but he will argue anything till nobody cares anymore.
The new vette still has a shitty looking rear end.
The new z06 is still a vette, I don't care how much you charge for it.
There is some midlife crisis shit happening in here.
ugr rules all and Bugatti sucks apparently

Did I miss anything?

You missed post # 18 where I called you out on your ill-informed post of a ZO6 looking exactly like a base car. Even pointed out many of the exterior changes Chevy made to differentiate the ZO6 from the Stingray.

That's not arguing, just pointing out that you lied :handshake:

-Alex

blownaltered
01-23-2014, 11:34 PM
You missed post # 18 where I called you out on your ill-informed post of a ZO6 looking exactly like a base car. Even pointed out many of the exterior changes Chevy made to differentiate the ZO6 from the Stingray.

That's not arguing, just pointing out that you lied :handshake:

-Alex

I didn't lie, I said they look the same. I don't give a shit if you think they are completely different they aren't. Yes they do minor changes but not enough for me to call it a different car. It's still a vette with a shitty looking rear end. If you like it so much go buy one big guy but for me to spend a 100k I'm going to buy a car that doesn't look like the car that is half the price.

Dominic Toretto
01-23-2014, 11:45 PM
I didn't lie, I said they look the same. I don't give a shit if you think they are completely different they aren't. Yes they do minor changes but not enough for me to call it a different car. It's still a vette with a shitty looking rear end. If you like it so much go buy one big guy but for me to spend a 100k I'm going to buy a car that doesn't look like the car that is half the price.

:rondod:

You said they look exactly alike. Clearly you do not have the correct understanding of what the word exactly means. Here it is spelled out "in every respect."

How on earth do the cars look exactly alike when everything else is different except roof panel, doors, door mirrors, and trunk? Exactly, they don't. Oh and I never said that I think they are completely different but, I'll give you a cookie if you can find a quote where I did. I can quote all day your false claims, you can't do the same to me. Chevy made major changes but guess what, it is similar to a Stingray because.... it IS a Corvette lol. What did you expect them to make it look like? Not a Corvette? That's fine if you don't think it's worth your $100k but Chevy doesn't care, the cars will sell just fine whether you buy one or not.

-Alex

03MachMe
01-24-2014, 12:36 AM
I thought Steve was bad about being a vette nut swinger.....

Our point is if we are going to spend that much on a car I don't want to look like any other car I will see on the road 99% of the time. If I spend that much on a z0 in a few years it will look like the rest of the c7 vettes with old men behind the wheel

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 12:47 AM
Lick my fuzzy beanbag copper.

blownaltered
01-24-2014, 09:04 AM
:rondod:

You said they look exactly alike. Clearly you do not have the correct understanding of what the word exactly means. Here it is spelled out "in every respect."

How on earth do the cars look exactly alike when everything else is different except roof panel, doors, door mirrors, and trunk? Exactly, they don't. Oh and I never said that I think they are completely different but, I'll give you a cookie if you can find a quote where I did. I can quote all day your false claims, you can't do the same to me. Chevy made major changes but guess what, it is similar to a Stingray because.... it IS a Corvette lol. What did you expect them to make it look like? Not a Corvette? That's fine if you don't think it's worth your $100k but Chevy doesn't care, the cars will sell just fine whether you buy one or not.

-Alex

Well great by your logic nobody will know I drive a fox body, since the hood and trunk are different. Shit I should charge double for it when I sell it. It even has a supercharger to, it must be a completely different car. I appreciate the heads up

Dominic Toretto
01-24-2014, 09:30 AM
Well great by your logic nobody will know I drive a fox body, since the hood and trunk are different. Shit I should charge double for it when I sell it. It even has a supercharger to, it must be a completely different car. I appreciate the heads up

No I am beginning to see your point. A Stingray and ZO6 do look exactly alike.

Some very minor and unnoticeable differences I found include:

Front bumper
Front splitter
Front spoiler
Front wheels
Front tires
Front fenders
Front fender badges
Side skirts
Rocker panels
Rear fenders
Ride height
Rear spoiler
Rear wheels
Rear tires
Rear brak ducts relocated
Rear bumper
Rear bumper tail lights

After noticing all those differences I can conclusively say you are right and I was wrong. The two cars are exactly alike in appearance. My bad bro. This matter can be put behind us.

-Alex

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 09:33 AM
Im taking donations for daily bans... ;)

DirtyD
01-24-2014, 10:16 AM
:popcorn::popcorn:

Dominic Toretto
01-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Anyway back on topic, I'm betting Chevy makes a convertible version. Since the 911 is their target and the Turbo is available as a ragtop, only makes sense.

-Alex

DirtyD
01-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Anyway back on topic, I'm betting Chevy makes a convertible version. Since the 911 is their target and the Turbo is available as a ragtop, only makes sense.

-Alex
The Z06 won't be a convertible. It defeats the purpose of the car. In order to strengthen the chassis and make it as rigid as the HT version, it would have to undergo some serious weight gain from a stronger substructure. Plus it's a safety concern.

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 10:44 AM
I'd like to see it as a targa top!

Dominic Toretto
01-24-2014, 10:48 AM
The Z06 won't be a convertible. It defeats the purpose of the car. In order to strengthen the chassis and make it as rigid as the HT version, it would have to undergo some serious weight gain from a stronger substructure. Plus it's a safety concern.

In all honesty I hope you are right. I hope it doesn't become a convertible but, it's definitely possible and wouldn't be difficult at all to do. All existing hardware already exists to make it happen. Just a matter of choice.

I'd like to see it as a targa top!

It is a targa top. The roof is removable on the C7ZO6 :) and about time if you ask me. It's 20% more rigid with the panel off than the outgoing ZO6 and 60% more rigid with the panel in place.

-Alex

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 10:50 AM
In all honesty I hope you are right. I hope it doesn't become a convertible but, it's definitely possible and wouldn't be difficult at all to do. All existing hardware already exists to make it happen. Just a matter of choice.

It is a targa top. The roof is removable on the C7ZO6 :) and about time if you ask me. It's 20% more rigid with the panel off than the outgoing ZO6 and 60% more rigid with the panel in place.

-Alex

Ah okay that's what I thought I got from the video.

DirtyD
01-24-2014, 11:01 AM
I just think they would have to revisit too much rigidity on the subframe itself to make it worth while. There is a reason why convertibles typically have a couple hundred pounds of extra fat over hard tops.

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 11:16 AM
After the dismal sales of the 427 convertible, I seriously doubt GM would entertain a convertible Z06 anyways especially since they are already in so much financial trouble to start with.

Dominic Toretto
01-24-2014, 11:19 AM
I just think they would have to revisit too much rigidity on the subframe itself to make it worth while. There is a reason why convertibles typically have a couple hundred pounds of extra fat over hard tops.

It would be heavier yes just not out of the realm of possibility. Many people thought that a targa ZO6 wouldn't happen and it did and is stronger than the hardtop ZO6. That's a telltale sign right there. But you and I are on the same page, I hope it doesn't happen.

Financially it makes sense though, as people have been wanting one. This new ZO6 should sell greatly. The performance, looks are as to be expected and nothing short of phenomenal. But the fact that you can get one with a targa and auto is going to seal the deal for increased sales.

-Alex

re-rx7
01-24-2014, 11:21 AM
especially since they are already in so much financial trouble to start with.

Bingo and its gonna get worse when the new f150 Debuts. Also Porsche IMO buikds the best cars in the world. Period.

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Financially it makes sense though, as people have been wanting one. This new ZO6 should sell greatly. The performance, looks are as to be expected and nothing short of phenomenal. But the fact that you can get one with a targa and auto is going to seal the deal for increased sales.

-Alex

I agree. With all of the retiring baby boomers with expendable income, it's a good time for the Z06 to go partially topless with a well performing auto. GM is well aware their main demographic for NEW Z06 purchases are males over 50 years of age. Most of them are the show and shine types. It's when the cars are a year or two old the younger performance crowd gets a hold of them.

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Bingo and its gonna get worse when the new f150 Debuts. Also Porsche IMO buikds the best cars in the world. Period.

The F150 has nothing to do with the Z06. Two different markets entirely.

re-rx7
01-24-2014, 11:38 AM
The F150 has nothing to do with the Z06. Two different markets entirely.

But it does. Detroit Automakers depend on trucks for the profit the companies make. W/o profit there can no development. What little profit Gm is making is not going toward a niche market. I wouldnt be surprised to see Gm in the shitter in under a decade.

STROKD
01-24-2014, 11:40 AM
I agree. With all of the retiring baby boomers with expendable income, it's a good time for the Z06 to go partially topless with a well performing auto. GM is well aware their main demographic for NEW Z06 purchases are males over 50 years of age. Most of them are the show and shine types. It's when the cars are a year or two old the younger performance crowd gets a hold of them.

Thats my pop's... minus the show and shine types. I had his 05 down the track at 501 miles and on the dyno the next week. lol both his idea.

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 11:43 AM
But it does. Detroit Automakers depend on trucks for the profit the companies make. W/o profit there can no development. What little profit Gm is making is not going toward a niche market. I wouldnt be surprised to see Gm in the shitter in under a decade.

One has nothing to do with the other. Someone shopping for a sports car isn't going to consider a F150 and vice versa. The government will not let GM fail no matter how much they threaten to let it do so.

03MachMe
01-24-2014, 12:01 PM
One has nothing to do with the other. Someone shopping for a sports car isn't going to consider a F150 and vice versa. The government will not let GM fail no matter how much they threaten to let it do so.

He is not saying they are the same market. He is saying the new f150 will affect the overall profits of gm. Thus affecting the future of cars such as the z

re-rx7
01-24-2014, 12:01 PM

The profit from those trucks selling allows GM to invest money in the development of the Vette. Im not saying anything about one shopping for the other. When Gm starts selling less trucks, then less will be invested on lower selling vehicles and more on high volume. Apparently the new Shelby will be close to 700hp as well from what Ive been reading with a couple of Turbines.

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Apparently the new Shelby will be close to 700hp as well from what Ive been reading with a couple of Turbines.

From what I have read, there will not be another Shelby GT500. There will be one last Shelby GT model and then Ford is done with the Shelby name. What I'm gathering is that SVT will be putting something out directly, perhaps the "King Cobra" or something to that affect. As for a TT car, that rumor started with the Cobra Jet being a TT car but from talking to the engineers from Ford at SEMA, they had no plans of putting a TT kit in any V8 Mustang for mass production.

DirtyD
01-24-2014, 12:16 PM
He is not saying they are the same market. He is saying the new f150 will affect the overall profits of gm. Thus affecting the future of cars such as the z

The profit from those trucks selling allows GM to invest money in the development of the Vette. Im not saying anything about one shopping for the other. When Gm starts selling less trucks, then less will be invested on lower selling vehicles and more on high volume. Apparently the new Shelby will be close to 700hp as well from what Ive been reading with a couple of Turbines.

Bingo.

Plus the new F150 is going to be a big deal to see how an aluminum bodied truck will do in the real market, and could really put a hurting on GM trucks.

DirtyD
01-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Shelby will continue to make cars. But it won't be in direct collaboration with Ford. It would be like the old days. You buy a Mustang, and then take it to Shelby to have it worked over.

The GT350 will be a beast if Shelby does it right.

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Bingo.

Plus the new F150 is going to be a big deal to see how an aluminum bodied truck will do in the real market, and could really put a hurting on GM trucks.

That is a good point. The CEO of Ford mentioned eventually their whole line of cars will eventually be aluminum bodied including the Mustang!

re-rx7
01-24-2014, 12:29 PM
The new F150 will be a great truck. There really isnt a choice do to the upcoming fuel compliance. Its the only way you can meet the MPG and keep the towing. Thats why GM screwed the pooch. They lost maybe 100lbs on the new truck. The company avg has to be 30 mpg. Thats why they are coming back out with the COlorado and other BS to try and compensate.

Dominic Toretto
01-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Okay I need you guys to educate me. I don't follow trucks. So Ford is building complete truck chassis from aluminum instead of steel?

-Alex

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Okay I need you guys to educate me. I don't follow trucks. So Ford is building complete truck chassis from aluminum instead of steel?

-Alex

No, the body is going to be aluminum therefor greatly reducing the weight of the trucks.

Dominic Toretto
01-24-2014, 01:21 PM
No, the body is going to be aluminum therefor greatly reducing the weight of the trucks.

Thus increasing fuel economy. Ah gotcha.

How would that effect truck costs? I'm guessing increase but, not sure how much especially since a manufacturer can get raw materials in bulk.

-Alex

DirtyD
01-24-2014, 01:28 PM

How would that effect truck costs? I'm guessing increase but, not sure how much especially since a manufacturer can get raw materials in bulk.

-Alex
Cost is going to go up, the the new truck is going to be lightyears ahead of even the current model, so IMO, the cost is warranted.

STROKD
01-24-2014, 01:40 PM

And increasing the profits for pdr people! I would never have an all al car outside in the spring time. It hailed 6 times at my house last May-June. Fiberglass Corvettes ftw!

re-rx7
01-24-2014, 01:46 PM

-Alex
Aluminum is actually cheape rthen steel from what ive read.
Cost is going to go up, the the new truck is going to be lightyears ahead of even the current model, so IMO, the cost is warranted.

Even if you are exactly right.

DirtyD
01-24-2014, 01:51 PM
This is likely going to be aircraft grade aluminum, so it won't be cheaper.

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 02:05 PM
This is likely going to be aircraft grade aluminum, so it won't be cheaper.

Correct. The CEO of Ford is a former director at NASA. It's the same aluminum used on the shuttles. It goes through a different process which makes it very durable unlike the traditional soft bendy type aluminum used on the old school original Cobras.

Crimson600+HP
01-24-2014, 02:43 PM
High grade good old USA Alcoa Akuminum from what I hear.

BERT
01-24-2014, 04:03 PM
Your mom doesnt know what a dump truck sounds like. A Mustang sounds zero like a Viper (or UPS/ dump truck). Heh

No shit

BERT
01-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Vipers sound like UPS trucks.

These new 5.0's sound like boats burbling in the water at idle. I really wish my car sounded like the wife's Mach. Can't stand the way these 5.0's sound.

Then sell it

blownaltered
01-24-2014, 06:50 PM
Then sell it

No he just wants to bitch about it for the next fucking decade :nono:

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Im going to tell every person around us at the event just how badass your triangle is and you could whip everyone there.

NZERO21
01-24-2014, 08:42 PM
For that money I could easily get the Ferrari F430. Hands Down!

blownaltered
01-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Im going to tell every person around us at the event just how badass your triangle is and you could whip everyone there.

You tell all them drunk bastards. I will just have to unleash some fat fu on them. :boxing:

Dominic Toretto
01-24-2014, 11:21 PM
For that money I could easily get the Ferrari F430. Hands Down!

Is maintenance on a Ferrari similar to a Chevy price wise?

-Alex

blownaltered
01-24-2014, 11:48 PM
Is maintenance on a Ferrari similar to a Chevy price wise?

-Alex

Who cars it's a Ferrari. Let's face it people that can afford 100k cars don't really worry about maintenance cost.

Dominic Toretto
01-25-2014, 12:51 AM
Who cars it's a Ferrari. Let's face it people that can afford 100k cars don't really worry about maintenance cost.

Depends on what you mean by "can afford." Someone with $150 salary can afford to buy the car but, they may not be able to afford the astronomical maintenance associated with a used Ferrari. So someone in that camp might consider a brand new, cheaper ZO6 with full warranty and such that they can trust to be reliable all day long and run faster as well. Just because you can buy the car doesn't mean someone may want to shell out obscene amounts for belt changes. That's all I am saying.

Take a look at what's being raced, I hardly ever see Ferrari pics out at tracks. But you do see tons of Corvettes, Vipers, Mustangs etc. All cheaper to own, race and enjoy :).

-Alex

Stangmaster281
01-25-2014, 01:32 AM
Depends on what you mean by "can afford." Someone with $150 salary can afford to buy the car but, they may not be able to afford the astronomical maintenance associated with a used Ferrari. So someone in that camp might consider a brand new, cheaper ZO6 with full warranty and such that they can trust to be reliable all day long and run faster as well. Just because you can buy the car doesn't mean someone may want to shell out obscene amounts for belt changes. That's all I am saying.

Take a look at what's being raced, I hardly ever see Ferrari pics out at tracks. But you do see tons of Corvettes, Vipers, Mustangs etc. All cheaper to own, race and enjoy :).

-Alex

:hmmm2: I would have figured you more of a charger man than a vette/mustang man.

rlhay2
01-25-2014, 10:28 AM
I looked into a low mileage used Ferrari purchase a few years ago. Once I discovered that regardless of mileage the owner can expect ~$10K in maintenance every year, I relinquished that dream.

Dominic Toretto
01-25-2014, 11:18 AM
:hmmm2: I would have figured you more of a charger man than a vette/mustang man.

As long as it's fast.

I looked into a low mileage used Ferrari purchase a few years ago. Once I discovered that regardless of mileage the owner can expect ~$10K in maintenance every year, I relinquished that dream.

Which model if you don't mind?

-Alex

Crimson600+HP
01-25-2014, 12:37 PM
I used to flirt with the idea of owning an older BMW M3 to build into a purpose track car, but the maintenance, modification, and replacement parts cost is too high compared to our American cars. Kudos to the guys out there that can afford them though.

Most of the cars I see out at the track events I go to are predominantly American muscle (Vette's, mustangs, camaro a, etc), followed by JDM (WRX's, Evos, miatas, etc), then Euro (M3's, Porsche's, etc). Every once in a while I will see an exotic out there but they rarely run more than a couple laps. They are beasts though once they open up.

That being said, this new Z06 is going to challenge many exotics south of $350k. I'll put money on that.

re-rx7
01-25-2014, 12:39 PM

10K A YEAR? Are you high. 360 and 430's run around 2-3k a year in service from what ive researched. Hell oil changes are about 120.

Zeek
01-25-2014, 09:34 PM
10K A YEAR? Are you high. 360 and 430's run around 2-3k a year in service from what ive researched. Hell oil changes are about 120.

Hey paying someone to do a full detail every month gets expensive quick!

re-rx7
01-25-2014, 11:18 PM
Lulz!!!

rlhay2
01-27-2014, 08:38 AM
Which model if you don't mind?

F360 and F430

10K A YEAR? Are you high. 360 and 430's run around 2-3k a year in service from what ive researched.

I spoke to a handful of owners whom actually drive the cars regularly.

re-rx7
01-27-2014, 02:49 PM
I research all ove the internet. 2-3k avg. Sounds like the peeps you spoke too were making themselves look like ballers.

Grandpa
01-27-2014, 03:35 PM
I research all ove the internet. 2-3k avg. Sounds like the peeps you spoke too were making themselves look like ballers.

Ronnie is very experienced and knows his stuff. He told you he went straight to owners to research this to where you got your information from the internet which sketchy information at best. He runs around with a serious group of sports car enthusiasts where he can get information directly from a first hand experienced source. We're lucky to have a member like him here and you're badgering him with your nonsense.

Please stop.

re-rx7
01-27-2014, 04:17 PM
I went straigh to Ferrari owner websites. All say 2-3k. I can post up links if you like? Badgering him with my nonsense because you dont agree with what im saying. He doesnt have to agree with it, im just telling he what i saw so that maybe he might further his research. Im glad he runs around with a "serious group" who is to say i dont?

Grandpa
01-27-2014, 04:24 PM
I went straigh to Ferrari owner websites. All say 2-3k. I can post up links if you like? Badgering him with my nonsense because you dont agree with what im saying. He doesnt have to agree with it, im just telling he what i saw so that maybe he might further his research. Im glad he runs around with a "serious group" who is to say i dont?

If you did, you wouldn't have to consult the internet to get your information.

2-3k a year is most likely for an owner who rarely drives his car. Someone like Ronnie would drive the car on a regular basis putting miles on the car otherwise for him there is no sense in owning one in the first place. He's not one of those guys who would buy a car and just let it sit.