PDA

View Full Version : Wheels!!____opinions pls

jarheadtex
09-14-2012, 05:48 PM
What do you guys think about the TSW Valencias? I like them and cant recall seeing any on any new 5.0s.

http://images-ftp.americanmuscle.com/common/pages/viewer-enlarged.php?sku=33626&name=Black%2520TSW%2520Valencia%2520Wheel%2520-%252019x9.5%2520%2805-13%2520All%29&thumbs=33626,33626_alt1,33626_alt2&selectedImg=33626?$s7product$

Midnight11
09-14-2012, 05:51 PM
http://wheeltec.com/wp-content/gallery/ford-mustang-tsw-valencia/img_6923.jpg
http://wheeltec.com/wp-content/gallery/ford-mustang-tsw-valencia/img_6935.jpg

jarheadtex
09-14-2012, 06:24 PM
You have got to be kidding! Well they look good! The good news is I'm moving to north Carolina soon...haha!

Midnight11
09-14-2012, 06:27 PM
That's not mine just found them on google

jarheadtex
09-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Oh...good deal. Have you not done wheels yet on the new one ?

Midnight11
09-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Not yet

kanetrain
09-14-2012, 07:09 PM
Eh, not a fan. I don't like black wheels on black cars though, so that may be it. BUT... it would look at lot better lowered, too.

jarheadtex
09-14-2012, 07:34 PM
Yeah...some dont. I do prefer the ones with the silver lip though. But , you are right the car in the pic above needs to be lowered.

Grandpa
09-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Not a fan at all.

Phuck Phace
09-14-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm a fan if you drop the shit out of yer car. Paint the rivets black too.

jarheadtex
09-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the input...I had a TA slammed with black zo6 wheels. I liked it but I had plenty of people that told me they didnt like the black on black.

PLASMAN
09-15-2012, 12:29 AM
I like the black on black if your going for the murdered out look. If not break it up a bit with a chrome lip, lugs and emblems

downtime!
09-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Black on black is cool, but I'm really not a rivet fan.

Grandpa
09-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Lol, they arents rivets. They are assembly bolts. Rivets are for sheetmetal not wheels. Bolts are needed on true three piece wheels.

downtime!
09-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Lol, they arents rivets. They are assembly bolts. Rivets are for sheetmetal not wheels. Bolts are needed on true three piece wheels.Symantics, they've always been called rivets, even if they are bolts, and they still look like shit in my opinion. Make 'em the same color as the wheel so they don't jump out at you. Focus should be on the car as a whole, not on some polished "bolts".

downtime!
09-15-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm a fan if you drop the shit out of yer car. Paint the rivets black too.Wait, according to Steve these are bolts......nevermind.....LOL!

Grandpa
09-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Symantics, they've always been called rivets, even if they are bolts, and they still look like shit in my opinion. Make 'em the same color as the wheel so they don't jump out at you. Focus should be on the car as a whole, not on some polished "bolts".

It's not semantics at all, it's just wrong usage of terminology by someone who doesn't know any better. Rivets are for sheetmetal, bolts hold things together.

I would agree fake bolt heads glued to a wheel that being used in their functional capacity is a bit lame, but a true multi-piece wheel that is hand built requires bolts to hold it together. A multi-piece wheel can be disassembled at any time for cleanings or to change out the centers or hoops for any reason like of they are damaged. That can't be done with a cast type wheel. If a cast wheel needs to be repaired, it will never look the same again. In addition to that, cast type wheels also tend to be much heavier rather than a multi-pieced wheel. So there is much more to the assembly bolts rather than just the look of them.

Different strokes. I personally don't like all black wheels because you loose the detail. It's about contrast and making flow. With an all blacked out wheel, you might as well just leave the stockers on in black because it shows the same amount of detail - none. A lot of times, a car with blacked out wheels will look like it's just a void of anything there at all.

Now, that's not to say that all black can't look good at all, but it doesn't work for all cars and has to have the right contrasting lines and colors.

It's cool you don't like my wheels, as I said different strokes for different folks. But I would say you are in the minority with that opinion because EVERYTIME I drive my car somewhere I get compliments and questions about them. :)

downtime!
09-15-2012, 05:44 PM
It's not semantics at all, it's just wrong usage of terminology by someone who doesn't know any better. Rivets are for sheetmetal, bolts hold things together.

I would agree fake bolt heads glued to a wheel that being used in their functional capacity is a bit lame, but a true multi-piece wheel that is hand built requires bolts to hold it together. A multi-piece wheel can be disassembled at any time for cleanings or to change out the centers or hoops for any reason like of they are damaged. That can't be done with a cast type wheel. If a cast wheel needs to be repaired, it will never look the same again. In addition to that, cast type wheels also tend to be much heavier rather than a multi-pieced wheel. So there is much more to the assembly bolts rather than just the look of them.

Different strokes. I personally don't like all black wheels because you loose the detail. It's about contrast and making flow. With an all blacked out wheel, you might as well just leave the stockers on in black because it shows the same amount of detail - none. A lot of times, a car with blacked out wheels will look like it's just a void of anything there at all.

Now, that's not to say that all black can't look good at all, but it doesn't work for all cars and has to have the right contrasting lines and colors.

It's cool you don't like my wheels, as I said different strokes for different folks. But I would say you are in the minority with that opinion because EVERYTIME I drive my car somewhere I get compliments and questions about them. :)I fully understand the tech behind multi piece wheels, having had a few sets of Jongbloed wheels way back in the day. And I never said I don't like your wheels, just don't like bright "bolt heads" on black wheels. As long as everything is basically one color, they kind of blend in and aren't nearly as obvious as silver on black. Don't take stuff so personal anyway, it's just my opinion.

Grandpa
09-15-2012, 05:52 PM
I fully understand the tech behind multi piece wheels, having had a few sets of Jongbloed wheels way back in the day. And I never said I don't like your wheels, just don't like bright "bolt heads" on black wheels. As long as everything is basically one color, they kind of blend in and aren't nearly as obvious as silver on black. Don't take stuff so personal anyway, it's just my opinion.

I'm not taking it personal at all bro. Just a discussion. :)

downtime!
09-15-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm not taking it personal at all bro. Just a discussion. :)True dat. Also, I believe the wheels in question (the Valencias) are just a welded 2 piece, so the bolt heads are just for show. Looking at their website though, they make some damn good looking wheels.

04sleeper
09-15-2012, 10:02 PM
I think I'm going to trade my wheels for some black RTR's.

Havn't seen anything like that on a new 5.0 yet!

jarheadtex
10-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Concept One CS-10?

http://www.howeyindustries.com/concept-one/cs-10/20-wheel-set/product/98-concept-one-cs-10-20-quot-4-wheel-set.html

jarheadtex
10-12-2012, 09:40 PM
WOW...I was looking at some TF wheels. Steve, ...how did you purchase yours? Their website is a nightmare.

I kinda like the turn 8's

DirtyD
10-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Check out some of MHT's Niche brand wheels. I'll eventually be going that route.

jayman33
10-12-2012, 10:02 PM
WOW...I was looking at some TF wheels. Steve, ...how did you purchase yours? Their website is a nightmare.

I'm a TF dealer, just let me know what you need.

04sleeper
10-12-2012, 10:03 PM

:secret:

Grandpa
10-12-2012, 10:43 PM

Haha!

I bought mine through Kevin (04sleeper) who is a rep for them. Kevin is awesome at getting just the right fit that you are looking for. I highly reccomend them.

While TF's may not be as cheap as a cast wheel like all the RTR type wheels, they are very much so a bargain for an entry level custom forged wheel that is made in the same factory as the IForged wheels are made. And I'm sure you know, IForged wheels are higher than giraffe pussy so that should tell you something about how nice TF wheels are!

jarheadtex
10-12-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm a TF dealer, just let me know what you need.

pm sent

jarheadtex
10-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Haha!

I bought mine through Kevin (04sleeper) who is a rep for them. Kevin is awesome at getting just the right fit that you are looking for. I highly reccomend them.

While TF's may not be as cheap as a cast wheel like all the RTR type wheels, they are very much so a bargain for an entry level custom forged wheel that is made in the same factory as the IForged wheels are made. And I'm sure you know, IForged wheels are higher than giraffe pussy so that should tell you something about how nice TF wheels are!

These are the ones that I am looking at

http://www.trueforgedwheels.com/?content%2Fpictures1%2FWheel+Gallery%2FTurn+Eight% 2FTurn+Eight.jpg

moor3r
02-02-2013, 03:07 AM
Boss 338

OG Fox
02-02-2013, 03:23 AM

It's cool you don't like my wheels, as I said different strokes for different folks. But I would say you are in the minority with that opinion because EVERYTIME I drive my car somewhere I get compliments and questions about them. :)

my black wheels look sexy. because race car. so fuck you steve.:signs6:

Grandpa
02-02-2013, 11:01 AM
my black wheels look sexy. because race car. so fuck you steve.:signs6:

Says the guy selling his car...

GunsUp
02-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Steve when you gonna drop the old True Forged and get a set of man wheels?

OG Fox
02-02-2013, 03:46 PM
Says the guy selling his car...

hey now. selling the car for personal reasons. not because i dont love my wheels. i'd keep the car if i could. some things in life are more important.