PDA

View Full Version : went to the track

BV600
01-19-2014, 11:28 PM
Best I could do is 12.3@116 2.0 60. The other three runs were all 12.4@115 with 2.0 60s. Tried launching off idle and footbreaking and same result.
Mods are off-road x kooks axle back and bbr 93 tune

garner
01-20-2014, 12:22 AM
Wish I would've known a few local guys were going, I would've gone

How was the prep? Were you in the right lane?

BV600
01-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Prep was good I was in the left lane for the fastest pass which was my first.

five.slow
01-20-2014, 01:04 AM
Little river? If so that's a good way to get shitty track times. Nothing like facing a line of trees at the back end of the track. Slowdown area isn't much longer than the burn out area.

BV600
01-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Yeah little river. I think it did pretty good. I hot lapped it pretty bad. I did 3 runs within maybe 15min of eachother all three 12.4 @ 115. The 60 is just killing me.

five.slow
01-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Not saying your times are bad. Just saying your car would be faster on a better track. Last time I was there the right lane had a crack in it and the left lane had a bumpy area about 10 feet past the 60 foot marker.

five.slow
01-20-2014, 03:56 PM
Oh they use to have timer issues. I once ran a 9.25@93 mph in my 95 trans am with just cai and exhaust. I 60 the shit out if that car lol. I don't think the timer got set until I hit the 1000 marker lol. That car was slow.

BV600
01-20-2014, 05:46 PM
They might have fixed the bumps since then, felt smooth.
Da was between 600-800 for the runs.

slowlyrolling
01-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Plans for a stall? good track + stall will be low 11's?

wbt
01-20-2014, 08:28 PM
Little river? If so that's a good way to get shitty track times. Nothing like facing a line of trees at the back end of the track. Slowdown area isn't much longer than the burn out area.

You are pretty disconnected and haven't been there in some time as obvious by your post.

The track has changed owners and they brought someone in who knows how to prep the track and is allowed to.

The shutdown area hasn't changed but it isn't bad. Recent runs.

cOlddH8SCuU
XspBeZCuFgM

BV600
01-20-2014, 10:29 PM
Plans for a stall? good track + stall will be low 11's?

I actually had a 4C I was going to put in but then Got a almost complete blower kit and sent it back. I just found out the will restall it for free to...

You are pretty disconnected and haven't been there in some time as obvious by your post.

The track has changed owners and they brought someone in who knows how to prep the track and is allowed to.

cOlddH8SCuU
XspBeZCuFgM

I was going to try to wire up the TB and see how it would do

five.slow
01-21-2014, 03:00 AM

cOlddH8SCuU
XspBeZCuFgM

Damn sorry I'm so "disconnected". Please feel free to school me up on a lil piss ant track. It's just being there for 6 yrs it always kinda sucked. Hell it still looks ghetto.

Please tell me they fixed the death bleachers too.

46Tbird
01-21-2014, 04:17 PM
Damn sorry I'm so "disconnected". Please feel free to school me up on a lil piss ant track.
Seems kinda funny that you see and hear a car run straight as a string to mid-10s at 130 on a track, and still call it a shitty track.

five.slow
01-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Seems kinda funny that you see and hear a car run straight as a string to mid-10s at 130 on a track, and still call it a shitty track.

Fast car do doubt. Track might be nicer than it use to but I'm sure it's still not all that great. My opinion.

DirtyD
01-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Fast car do doubt. Track might be nicer than it use to but I'm sure it's still not all that great. My opinion.
When some of the Dallas guys are making the trip to LR instead of some of the DFW area tracks, it's worth it.

five.slow
01-21-2014, 06:46 PM
When some of the Dallas guys are making the trip to LR instead of some of the DFW area tracks, it's worth it.

Damn 2hr drive.

BV600
01-21-2014, 06:53 PM
WBT- How do you think a stock stalled auto would do with the tb?

wbt
01-21-2014, 10:26 PM
WBT- How do you think a stock stalled auto would do with the tb?

I don't think it would be worth the effort honestly. I would consider a converter and a 2-step to be supporting mods to run it with noticeable results.

wbt
01-21-2014, 10:28 PM
Damn sorry I'm so "disconnected". Please feel free to school me up on a lil piss ant track. It's just being there for 6 yrs it always kinda sucked. Hell it still looks ghetto.

Please tell me they fixed the death bleachers too.

It used to suck and that is probably what you remember. That has all changed.

The new owner ripped the old bleachers out and installed new.

Facilities are clean and the food is good. More serious people run there vs. tracks like SAR.

BV600
01-21-2014, 11:36 PM
I don't think it would be worth the effort honestly. I would consider a converter and a 2-step to be supporting mods to run it with noticeable results.

Might as well put it on hold until after the blower

five.slow
01-22-2014, 01:03 AM
It used to suck and that is probably what you remember. That has all changed.

The new owner ripped the old bleachers out and installed new.

Facilities are clean and the food is good. More serious people run there vs. tracks like SAR.

just gotta understand i went there for 6yrs thats why i had doubts. im not disconnected though. :buttkick:

if the slowdown area isnt longer i donno about going back there. shit was scarry im my lightning trying to slow down. im sure the mustang would slow down a lot faster.

wbt
01-22-2014, 01:22 AM
im not disconnected though. :buttkick:

if the slowdown area isnt longer i donno about going back there. shit was scarry im my lightning trying to slow down. im sure the mustang would slow down a lot faster.

You were stationed in California last I knew and may be off to another PCS by now.

If you haven't run down the track in the last 12 months then yes you are "disconnected". If you weren't you would have known about the bleachers.

What are the fastest times you have run at the track? I have no issues stopping a 3,500lbs. car with Strange brakes on the front running 10's and mid 120's.

Since I have been going the past year I have only witnessed one car not make the last turn off. It was a GTR and had some sort of failure in the shutdown area causing him to bounce off the guardrails. His car was no quicker/faster than mine but it sure had a lot more brake and tire on it. Not going to blame the track on that.

garner
01-22-2014, 01:25 AM
Supposedly GTR locked up brakes, others say he lost control, others say the driver said he saw something out of the corner of his eye and he swerved

five.slow
01-22-2014, 03:12 AM
You were stationed in California last I knew and may be off to another PCS by now.

If you haven't run down the track in the last 12 months then yes you are "disconnected". If you weren't you would have known about the bleachers.

What are the fastest times you have run at the track? I have no issues stopping a 3,500lbs. car with Strange brakes on the front running 10's and mid 120's.

Since I have been going the past year I have only witnessed one car not make the last turn off. It was a GTR and had some sort of failure in the shutdown area causing him to bounce off the guardrails. His car was no quicker/faster than mine but it sure had a lot more brake and tire on it. Not going to blame the track on that.

Past year? Maybe you didn't know the old track then. There were a few vehicles that didn't make the turn off.

4500lb truck with stock brakes going thru the traps at around 120 wasn't the best of ideas. Exact times? Hell I don't remember. I have tbi I have hard times remembering shit that's not important enough in life to remember like track times.

It wouldn't be disconnected. Maybe uninformed.

Anyways you are the best and know it all.

DirtyD
01-22-2014, 10:02 AM
4500# truck on stock brakes trapping 120?! :nonono:

wbt
01-22-2014, 03:18 PM
Past year? Maybe you didn't know the old track then. There were a few vehicles that didn't make the turn off.

4500lb truck with stock brakes going thru the traps at around 120 wasn't the best of ideas. Exact times? Hell I don't remember. I have tbi I have hard times remembering shit that's not important enough in life to remember like track times.

It wouldn't be disconnected. Maybe uninformed.

Anyways you are the best and know it all.

I absolutely did run there when it sucked. Looking through timeslips I show I was there on 07/15/11. It sucked then no doubt. Much has changed since.

I don't know everything however I speak from experience and tell it like it is. If you don't like it put me on ignore.

five.slow
01-22-2014, 07:03 PM
there is an ignore option? difference between me and you is you think your shit dont stink and you will bad mouth people who dont agree with you. in this case i dont agree with you and you claim im "disconnected". a simple "hey the track is nicer now, you might not know but they changed quite a bit to include fixing the track itself. you should come check it out one day" no instead you act like you always do.

five.slow
01-22-2014, 07:04 PM
4500# truck on stock brakes trapping 120?! :nonono:

not too many options for lightning brakes back then.

wbt
01-22-2014, 09:19 PM
there is an ignore option? difference between me and you is you think your shit dont stink and you will bad mouth people who dont agree with you. in this case i dont agree with you and you claim im "disconnected". a simple "hey the track is nicer now, you might not know but they changed quite a bit to include fixing the track itself. you should come check it out one day" no instead you act like you always do.

Let's revisit your original post in this thread:
http://www.dfw50s.com/showpost.php?p=61735&postcount=4

You are disconnected on what has gone down there. Instead of posting facts you posted opinion and were promptly corrected.

You ran your mouth plenty on svtp to me and you want to come in here with the same bag of dicks starting the same shit when you get called on the carpet. No one likes to be wrong but admit when you are, swallow and move on. :beatdeadhorse5:

five.slow
01-22-2014, 09:38 PM
Let's revisit your original post in this thread:
http://www.dfw50s.com/showpost.php?p=61735&postcount=4

You are disconnected on what has gone down there. Instead of posting facts you posted opinion and were promptly corrected.

You ran your mouth plenty on svtp to me and you want to come in here with the same bag of dicks starting the same shit when you get called on the carpet. No one likes to be wrong but admit when you are, swallow and move on. :beatdeadhorse5:

il admit if im wrong. you just stated it.. my opinion. you and your boyfriends all think you are hot shit. outside of the car world and world of warcraft you probably are not all that cool huh? so you get online and talk shit to people. svtp? yea you ran your mouth about shit because you thought you and your lil boy toys were better than everyone. you talked shit every time someone would post a personal best and then declare they were lying with the mod list. you have zero people skills thats why you always come off as a tool bag.

so im not up to date with little river.... wow be a big dick head with a bullshit reponse. you need to learn to communicate with people dude. if the track is better simply say it dont insult me its a bitch move. and no dont start running your mouth about car shit either b/c i dont give a shit how fast you are or what you know.

Crimson600+HP
01-22-2014, 10:59 PM
In before the thread gets shut down.

Let's move on gentlemen.

KurvStr8nr
01-22-2014, 11:51 PM
more popcorn...

:smiley-face-popcorn

five.slow
01-23-2014, 12:08 AM
In before the thread gets shut down.

Let's move on gentlemen.