PDA

View Full Version : The Texas Mile: 21-23 March 2014

Crimson600+HP
01-19-2014, 10:04 PM
I was able to secure a spot this year, maybe the only time I ever get to run it if I never get stationed back in Texas or if the event gets cancelled for some reason. I should be getting my car back soon, tuned out of CTP here in CENTEX, with the only left remaining is my DSS Aluminum DS and a safety loop.

Was wondering if anyone is this community signed up or plans on attending the event. If not, I will try and get some pictures of the cars that will be making big noise...but I just want to have official proof of a 170+ MPH run for bragging rights and bucket list.

If anyone wants to sponsor me, I am up for donations lol:dogpile:

El_Tortuga
01-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Very cool. I've watched vids of some of the high hp cars. Awesome.

I want to do that, and an open road event (e.g. Big Bend, Sand Hills, Silver State)

Crimson600+HP
01-20-2014, 07:38 PM
I really just want bragging rights over some buddies of mine as I will have proof of how fast I went. Was hoping someone else here would be going. I will make some runs myself and hopefully will have time to photograph and video some of the high HP cars myself.

Dan12GT
01-24-2014, 12:47 PM
I've always wanted to go out and watch. This event always seemed like a lot of fun.

DirtyD
01-24-2014, 12:55 PM
I've been wanting to make this event for a couple of years. It's just such a long drive to spectate only. I don't want to risk something happening to my car if I were to run it.

Maybe this year I can make it down there.

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 02:07 PM
It's a good time. The March event isn't as strong for turnout as the October event is due to the usual higher winds in March. But it's still a lot of fun. If you are going as a spectator I suggest taking some binoculars.

Crimson600+HP
01-25-2014, 12:45 PM
I ordered some new camera stuff this past week in prep for this event. I'll try to run the crap out of my car, but I def want to have some good photos and videos of the record beaters attempting fame out there.

I'm hoping to have a trailer by then, so if y'all come down and see me out there. Swing by, catch some shade & drink, and introduce yourself.