PDA

View Full Version : Arnold's Inspirational speech

Grandpa
01-17-2014, 04:16 PM
This isn't anything new, but it's one of my favorite videos. Watch it if you have seen it.

vH0nP4NzS9M

BERT
01-17-2014, 05:18 PM
Damn he was impressive

blownaltered
01-17-2014, 07:15 PM
I always wanted to be built like that. Now I have the figure of Danny DeVito, I think I did something wrong.

Junkie
01-17-2014, 09:04 PM
One of my classic favorites.

ThunderkissGT14
01-18-2014, 11:42 AM
lol yeah.. arnolds cumming for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMjG2s6UOaw

:signs1:

five.slow
01-20-2014, 09:46 PM
wow thats inspirational. after watching it i took a multipack of vitamins and stuff and ran like 15 feet. im proud of myself. lol. i hate being the lil guy. iv been going to the gym for a year now and im basically the same size as i was before just more cut. i can run for miles and miles with no issues but damn thats nothing compaired to arnold toting around my weight in 1 of his arms.

Junkie
01-20-2014, 11:12 PM
wow thats inspirational. after watching it i took a multipack of vitamins and stuff and ran like 15 feet. im proud of myself. lol. i hate being the lil guy. iv been going to the gym for a year now and im basically the same size as i was before just more cut. i can run for miles and miles with no issues but damn thats nothing compaired to arnold toting around my weight in 1 of his arms.

You're doing something wrong

JDMLOL
01-21-2014, 12:10 AM

Same thing happened to me. I gave up the gym. I continue to run ~3 miles a day and eat right to keep my weight in check.

BERT
01-23-2014, 12:03 PM
You're doing something wrong

not eating enough

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 12:16 PM
not eating enough

I've recently learned that most people who go to the gym don't have a clue what they are doing. If you don't go into the gym with a FULL plan knowing exactly what you are going to do then you won't get anywhere. Most people are just going through the motions of it all. They might get their blood flowing a lil or get a sweat going, but not really making any solid muscle gains without a plan.

And as Bert said, even with a solid plan, if your diet plan isn't on point then it's all for nothing.

Dominic Toretto
01-23-2014, 12:20 PM

If you're not gaining weight like you want, your diet needs to be adjusted to support the work you are doing. Also quality of foods/supplements. Check out my sticky, plenty of good information.

-Alex

JDMLOL
01-23-2014, 02:08 PM
I've recently learned that most people who go to the gym don't have a clue what they are doing. If you don't go into the gym with a FULL plan knowing exactly what you are going to do then you won't get anywhere. Most people are just going through the motions of it all. They might get their blood flowing a lil or get a sweat going, but not really making any solid muscle gains without a plan.

And as Bert said, even with a solid plan, if your diet plan isn't on point then it's all for nothing.

So many variables that have to align perfectly I'm guessing. I've worked with a trainer and everything (that was a waste) and got no insight at all on what I should be doing.

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 02:12 PM
So many variables that have to align perfectly I'm guessing. I've worked with a trainer and everything (that was a waste) and got no insight at all on what I should be doing.

Not all trainers are equal. Especially if it's some in house trainer at 24hr fitness or some shit like that who will hire anyone.

Start doing your own research and learning. Figure out what your goal is, figure out your macro's for your diet to reach those goals, eat, hit the gym and work really, really hard. It will pay off in time. The first couple of months are the hardest when you are just starting off. Stick with it and results will come.

<---in the middle of doing it now. :)

Dominic Toretto
01-23-2014, 03:16 PM

There are different body types, ectomorph, endomorph and mesomorph. I forget which ones are which but, if your the skinny type like me, then you need to plan accordingly and eat A LOT of food. I am 6'0 and used to be 145lbs. I am now closer to 200lbs. Takes a lot of work. Working out is about 40% of it, diet is the rest. Your not working out nearly as much as you are eating so it is very crucial. Also remember that not all trainers are good trainers. Also remember form > amount of weight. If you have sloppy form, your results won't be accurate especially if using free weights. Pulley machines take away most of the force needed to move the actual weight, so doing 50lbs on a machine is much easier than 50lbs of the same movement with a bar. You also have to account for when you are eating. One of the guys I check out on youtube is Lee Hayward. Lots of good info from him.

-Alex

BERT
01-23-2014, 06:34 PM
If you're a stick figure and can't gain weight, you should be eating everything in site!!! Calories are your friend. Calories are not MY friend lol

and when you think you have eaten enough, eat some more.

Now if I can just my own advice and get my ass on the treadmill I'd be making some serious progress over here.

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 06:43 PM
No one knows what’s next, but everybody does it.

Dominic Toretto
01-23-2014, 08:06 PM
If you're a stick figure and can't gain weight, you should be eating everything in site!!! Calories are your friend. Calories are not MY friend lol

Calories are your friend if you are trying to become fat. Hostess cakes and pop tarts are NOT going to be a good item to gorge on. I like a little bit of fat personally because I hate the shredded look but, that is me.

Chicken breast, lean beef, turkey, salmon tilapia are excellent meats to eat. Also for snacks, consider some unsalted nuts or fruit. Potato and brown rice are sources of the good carbs you want.

-Alex

Grandpa
01-23-2014, 08:19 PM
Calories don't make you fat, but rather foods heavy in saturated fats make you fat. You have to eat which involves taking in calories. Kind of hard to avoid to do unless you are Ethiopian or a Hollywood socialite.

BERT
01-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Calories are your friend if you are trying to become fat. Hostess cakes and pop tarts are NOT going to be a good item to gorge on. I like a little bit of fat personally because I hate the shredded look but, that is me.

Chicken breast, lean beef, turkey, salmon tilapia are excellent meats to eat. Also for snacks, consider some unsalted nuts or fruit. Potato and brown rice are sources of the good carbs you want.

-Alex

If you can't gain weight why would you worry about what you're eating? The point is to add weight to your frame. You can always take the bad weight off, especially if your metabolism is that high. Now I do agree don't go and eat all the Little Debbie products lol

What you said will take him forever to add any weight. I'm sure you know first hand it's a hell of a lot harder to add weight when you're eating all clean food. And you have to eat a shit ton of it too

BERT
01-24-2014, 11:20 AM
I'll add this too, usually when trying to add weight you're shooting for high protein foods, which automatically cuts out any junk food

Grandpa
01-24-2014, 11:22 AM
I'll add this too, usually when trying to add weight you're shooting for high protein foods, which automatically cuts out any junk food

You think that's tough, try getting in your calories as a vegetarian like I am. Not easy at all.

Dominic Toretto
01-24-2014, 11:35 AM
If you can't gain weight why would you worry about what you're eating? The point is to add weight to your frame. You can always take the bad weight off, especially if your metabolism is that high. Now I do agree don't go and eat all the Little Debbie products lol

What you said will take him forever to add any weight. I'm sure you know first hand it's a hell of a lot harder to add weight when you're eating all clean food. And you have to eat a shit ton of it too

If you're trying to live a healthy lifestyle, you should ALWAYS be considerate of what you eat regardless if you are trying to gain or lose weight.

Your metabolism can change. You will not always lose weight as you do now. There are many factors that contribute to metabolism, especially what you put in your stomach. I gained a lot weight taking those weight gainers that have an obscene amount of calories relative to protein. They do work but, they make you sluggish, tired and generally decrease your energy, which contributes to gaining more weight as fat. That was my experience at least. You will gain muscle, if you use it while working out but, you will gain a lot of fat too. For me personally, it's more difficult to lose fat than it is to gain muscle. Mainly because I don't like working out more than 45 minutes and I prefer lifting heavy as opposed to endless amounts of small reps and cardio lol.

Basically you'll just have to make your own personal assessment if it is feasibly for you to workoff all the fat you may gain. Just monitor it every few days to see what you gain as fat and muscle and go from there :)

-Alex

BERT
01-24-2014, 11:43 AM
You think that's tough, try getting in your calories as a vegetarian like I am. Not easy at all.

Fuck that lol