PDA

View Full Version : Does Your New Exhaust Rattle?

NZERO21
01-15-2014, 03:00 AM
Hey guys,

So I just recently installed my Borla S-type exhaust on my mustang. However, I have noticed that in the mornings when starting it up, it has a slight rattle.

I have heard from some members that they drained water from the exhaust by drilling a hole in them?

We did recently have a rainstorm about a week ago and just wondered if that could be the reason for the rattle.

Does anyone know how we can check to be sure.

I don't want to start drilling holes in my exhaust if I don't need to.

Thanks again and let us know if you had a similar problem with your exhaust.

five.slow
01-15-2014, 03:11 AM
The water is from condensation not rain. If you are starting it in your garage start checking stuff in your garage for a rattle. I thought my car was doing the same but it was something in the garage making the noise.

Grandpa
01-15-2014, 10:48 AM
No rattles here. Exhaust has been on over a year now.

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 11:23 AM
I don't believe the actual vehicle rattles but, the sound is making stuff on the wall rattle. Especially within the first 30-45 seconds before the idle drops below 1k.

-Alex

Crimson600+HP
01-15-2014, 12:41 PM
I had some FRPP Sports (made by Borla) that had a rattle at low RPMs. It turned out to be a loose weld on a baffle. I called Borla and even without hard evidence they sent me a replacement muffler free. So I would suggest looking over the fittings and hangers to make sure there isn't any rubbing/contact with metal, if not, then give Borla Warranty a call and they should help you out there.

I currently run the S-Types on mine for a year come February and have no issues. Just wished Borla ran a better looking exhaust tip like Corsa.

kanetrain
01-15-2014, 07:10 PM
My car is about as low as it'll get in the back without the exhaust system SITTING on the rear end. When I first installed it it rattled like crazy. I just installed a new hanger and secured it in place, now it's fine. I'm surprised more people haven't had that same issue with the rear end.

JDBishopArts
01-15-2014, 07:19 PM
No.

maxpayne
01-16-2014, 01:17 PM
No rattles on my Roush ABs nor from the Gt500 ABs I had for a few months.

Dan12GT
01-16-2014, 06:28 PM
I had a slight rattle / kinda still do. Seems to show its face when the exhaust is cold. Once it warms up it goes away. I also have Borla S-type and I HIGHLY suggest drilling weep holes in the mufflers. I drained about 2 solo cups worth of water from my mufflers.