PDA

View Full Version : 2015 c7 z

STROKD
01-14-2014, 11:08 PM
What do you guys think? 625 hp 635 tq... whats cool for my dad (he wants a bad ass stock car with auto) is it has a new 8 spd auto that shifts faster than a Porsche PDK dual clutch and the roof still comes off! pretty bad as overall, the widebody and wing make it look serious business like. Hope

03MachMe
01-14-2014, 11:47 PM
Looks like a cool car bit will have a price tag of over $100k

Bacadiesel
01-15-2014, 01:03 AM
I also like the new vipers. Real close comparison between the two

re-rx7
01-15-2014, 02:17 AM
The Porsche 911 won this years best drivers car with 100 less hp. There is a reason for a dual clutch. I'd like to know more about what constitutes quicker. As the Lamborghini aventador and lfa have a single clutch type auto and every mag that has tested it has complained.

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 09:05 AM
Homerun. Love that they are going to add an optional performance auto and has the targa panel. This car is all flavors of win.

-Alex

STROKD
01-15-2014, 10:01 AM
The Porsche 911 won this years best drivers car with 100 less hp. There is a reason for a dual clutch. I'd like to know more about what constitutes quicker. As the Lamborghini aventador and lfa have a single clutch type auto and every mag that has tested it has complained.

Vette is sticking with a real auto, not single or dual clutch... it shifts. 08 faster than the pdk. Thats what i meant by faster. Basically think of an auto V with another 80 hp and - 1000 lbs... and 2 extra gears for closer ratio acceleration... and Ryan is right it will be 100 to 140 grand loaded. I just hope they make a candy red or orange so I can drive my dad's as Ill never afford one. Rather have a GT at that point.

DirtyD
01-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Car looks amazing, and will be an absolutely outstanding performer.

Good thing the ZR1 isn't being made anymore, because that car would be close to $200k, and well over 700 HP

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 11:16 AM
Chevrolet hasn't released pricing yet. Where are people getting these price figures? Guessing the same place people got the facts of the new Mustang weighing less than 3,200lbs.

-Alex

Junkie
01-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Chevrolet hasn't released pricing yet. Where are people getting these price figures? Guessing the same place people got the facts of the new Mustang weighing less than 3,200lbs.

-Alex

What makes you think it's not going to be in the 100k area?

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 11:38 AM

Of course I don't know for sure since Chevrolet hasn't released pricing. I am simply going off of the trend for the Stingray. That car was a serious upgrade from the base C6 and they kept the price very close, just barely more than a C6 Grand Sport. I see the same thing happening with the ZO6. Base car should be slightly more than a C6Z but there are three trim levels, so I see the ZO7 package maybe getting more than $90k.

-Alex

STROKD
01-15-2014, 11:43 AM

Lol exactly, the gd z28 with no air or radio is 75! Lol

Base price 99,999.99 lmao oh you want nice seats and brakes, yea yours is 130k... thank you very much inflation.

STROKD
01-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Of course I don't know for sure since Chevrolet hasn't released pricing. I am simply going off of the trend for the Stingray. That car was a serious upgrade from the base C6 and they kept the price very close, just barely more than a C6 Grand Sport. I see the same thing happening with the ZO6. Base car should be slightly more than a C6Z but there are three trim levels, so I see the ZO7 package maybe getting more than $90k.

-Alex

Fyi, the carbon which was a zo7 was 100k. This is replacing the zr which hit 135ish... there is no way a zo7 costs under 110k. just wont happen.

And a nice z51 c7 is 75 k... little more than a loaded c6 z51 was... by like 20 grand

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 12:20 PM
We'll see. I could be wrong.

-Alex

Crimson600+HP
01-15-2014, 12:34 PM
I think this car is a home run if you plan on leaving a vehicle stock. It has a ton of more usuable torque with the smaller supercharger. The 8 speed auto is going to be cool if it lives up to advertisment. I am worried about the reliablity of all this though as it took many years to make the LS block what it is. Numbers look great on this car though and it will be a hit IMO. The best Corvette is always the latest one.

I was hearing that the maxed out Z06 will not be too far north of 100K. Articles are stating Chevy won't vary far off the current C6 Z06 prices with base pricing estimated at 85K. I imagine that alot of the tech that is going on this car is going to be eventually shared, especially that 8 speed auto (ditching the 6sp one in the current C7).

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1401_2015_chevrolet_corvette_z06_first_look/

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/first-looks/2015-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-z06

STROKD
01-15-2014, 12:50 PM
I think this car is a home run if you plan on leaving a vehicle stock. It has a ton of more usuable torque with the smaller supercharger. The 8 speed auto is going to be cool if it lives up to advertisment. I am worried about the reliablity of all this though as it took many years to make the LS block what it is. Numbers look great on this car though and it will be a hit IMO. The best Corvette is always the latest one.

I was hearing that the maxed out Z06 will not be too far north of 100K. Articles are stating Chevy won't vary far off the current C6 Z06 prices with base pricing estimated at 85K. I imagine that alot of the tech that is going on this car is going to be eventually shared, especially that 8 speed auto (ditching the 6sp one in the current C7).

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1401_2015_chevrolet_corvette_z06_first_look/

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/first-looks/2015-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-z06
If it is 100 loaded, that will be bad f'in ass. Good info! They also said though the z51 would be near old prices, and it is far beyond that, so as Alezx says who knows for sure till they hit lots. Still a great car, much improved over the Stingray which was barely better than its replacement.

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 12:50 PM
There's a lot of discussion over on CF about the 1.7L blower versus the 2.3L on the ZR1. The ZR1 did not employ direct injection and the blower does not spin to the same speed as the 20,000 on the 1.7L. Of course you techies can be of more knowledge to all that than myself. Lot's of information to learn.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 12:53 PM
the Stingray which was barely better than its replacement.

I'm guessing you were one of the people expecting ZR1 performance for $50k out of a base car.

-Alex

03MachMe
01-15-2014, 01:11 PM
Willing to bet that you will not be able to buy one under 6 figures

DirtyD
01-15-2014, 01:15 PM
After they first hit showrooms, definitely not.

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 01:17 PM

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-z06-discussion/3401250-now-taking-deposits-on-the-2015-z06-at-msrp-tx-market.html

Dealerships already offering MSRP... same as they did with the Stingray.
Taking your bet. What's the stakes?

-Alex

03MachMe
01-15-2014, 01:25 PM
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-z06-discussion/3401250-now-taking-deposits-on-the-2015-z06-at-msrp-tx-market.html

Dealerships already offering MSRP... same as they did with the Stingray.
Taking your bet. What's the stakes?

-Alex

That you stop being such a vette nut swinger?

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/14/chevy-corvette-zr-1-not-happening/

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 01:35 PM
That you stop being such a vette nut swinger?

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/14/chevy-corvette-zr-1-not-happening/

Neither of our posts confirms an official price son.

-Alex

03MachMe
01-15-2014, 01:40 PM

-Alex

Exactly pops..... With a loaded c7 costing over 70k I don't think they would price the z0 anywhere close to it and for the performance a 100k price is reasonable. This car replaces the zr1, which was over 100k. Not sure why you think this car is going to be under 100k. No sure why you even have a Mustang if better are that much better....

Grandpa
01-15-2014, 01:51 PM

-Alex

Take a break for a bit.

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 01:53 PM
Exactly pops..... With a loaded c7 costing over 70k I don't think they would price the z0 anywhere close to it and for the performance a 100k price is reasonable. This car replaces the zr1, which was over 100k. Not sure why you think this car is going to be under 100k. No sure why you even have a Mustang if better are that much better....

I have a Mustang because I wanted a Mustang seems pretty obvious. Not sure why that was brought up lol. Hope you aren't taking anything personal, you know you're the only cop I heart :).

If they price the ZO6 based on performance then, you may be correct to assume it will be priced over $100k. I've already stated why I think it won't be that much for a base ZO6 at 11:38.

-Alex

Grandpa
01-15-2014, 01:55 PM

There is nothing wrong with being a fan of other cars other than a Mustang. People get what they can afford.

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 01:58 PM
Take a break for a bit.

Ryan is good people. I don't take anything personal on here and hope know one else does.

-Alex

03MachMe
01-15-2014, 01:58 PM
There is nothing wrong with being a fan of other cars other than a Mustang. People get what they can afford.

I am a fan of it too but getting tired of every post here recently on our mustang site being about how bad ass the new vette is.

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 02:00 PM
I am a fan of it too but getting tired of every post here recently on our mustang site being about how bad ass the new vette is.

This is the other cars section. Juss sayin.

-Alex

Grandpa
01-15-2014, 02:03 PM

The thread was clearly titled. You could have avoided reading it by not clicking on it. Hence the "other makes and models" section.

03MachMe
01-15-2014, 02:05 PM
The thread was clearly titled. You could have avoided reading it by not clicking on it. Hence the "other makes and models" section.

Steve your a known vette nut swinger your opinion doesn't count lol

Grandpa
01-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Steve your a known vette nut swinger your opinion doesn't count lol

But yet you don't give me credit for the 15 Mustangs I've owned. I have two right now. How many do you have? ;)

I'm a car guy first. Mustangs just became a habit I never broke. lol

DirtyD
01-15-2014, 02:19 PM
But yet you don't give me credit for the 15 Mustangs I've owned.

Then why were you on a rage quit for a couple of weeks talking about how your current car was just crap, you were bored with it, wanted to get a Vette, etc...

STROKD
01-15-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm guessing you were one of the people expecting ZR1 performance for $50k out of a base car.

-Alex

Nope, not at all... what would have been nice is the car costing maybe 5 to 8 grand more, not 20... but whatevs. i dont want one regardless.

STROKD
01-15-2014, 02:48 PM
Then why were you on a rage quit for a couple of weeks talking about how your current car was just crap, you were bored with it, wanted to get a Vette, etc...

I dont know about rage quit, but I do know he is bored with his car, and like myself with my Terminator, I bet he doesnt want to throw a bunch of money at the car to make it faster, and still not have any real fun with the car besides an occasional freeway on ramp pull. Vettes are just much more fun to drive, cruise, more comfortable, smoother, and having a Vette to me made me feel fuzzy inside. Having a Mustang just makes me feel empty and sad inside. (the mod motor variety anyway). Anyway, just my take on it, I bet hes just ready for a change in atmosphere, he's had 15 damn Stangs ge said... thought I was bad and Ive only had 8!

DirtyD
01-15-2014, 03:03 PM
I guess you're right. There is a reason he's had 15 Mustangs...

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 03:20 PM
Nope, not at all... what would have been nice is the car costing maybe 5 to 8 grand more, not 20... but whatevs. i dont want one regardless.

Are you comparing used C6 prices to new C7 prices? A brand new MSRP C7 is less than $52k. New C6s are not $30k cars wtf?

-Alex

STROKD
01-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Are you comparing used C6 prices to new C7 prices? A brand new MSRP C7 is less than $52k. New C6s are not $30k cars wtf?

-Alex

No. I dont give a flying fuck about base, stop not reading what i write.

A 2009 Z51 brand new loaded 4lt etc was high 50s. A new c7 z51 loaded is high 70s. I cant compare a 2013 z51 because it doesnt exist, the GS had a lot more cool options to offer that the Stingray doesnt like wide body, dry sump, etc.

Even so a loaded GS was mid 60s which is a better performance car than the C7 which is still over 12 grand more.

New cars, not base models... hope that makes more sense.

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 03:47 PM
No. I dont give a flying fuck about base, stop not reading what i write.

Uh what?

No where in this post did you state you were talking about a certain trim level.

Man some of you guys need to lighten up seriously. Sheesh, don't get mad at me because Walgreen's is out of stock of maxipads.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Even so a loaded GS was mid 60s which is a better performance car than the C7 which is still over 12 grand more.

New cars, not base models... hope that makes more sense.

Better performance car!? The yagermeister is strong in this post. A Stingray has already been tested faster than a Grand Sport, it's nearly on par with a C6ZO6.

I understand you may not like the car but sheesh, no need to outright lie.

-Alex

STROKD
01-15-2014, 03:54 PM
Better performance car!? The yagermeister is strong in this post. A Stingray has already been tested faster than a Grand Sport, it's nearly on par with a C6ZO6.

I understand you may not like the car but sheesh, no need to outright lie.

-Alex

Not lying, its what Ive seen, not read.

STROKD
01-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Uh what?

No where in this post did you state you were talking about a certain trim level.

Man some of you guys need to lighten up seriously. Sheesh, don't get mad at me because Walgreen's is out of stock of maxipads.

-Alex

Read post 12 again. If you didnt know a z51 is not a base car, nor when i say loaded does this refer to a base car. Just sayin.

A loaded Stingray is almost 80 k, about 20 more than a loaded GS/F55/z51 c6.

Junkie
01-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Corvettes are better then mustangs

If you disagree you're wrong

If you don't chew big red, fuck you

DirtyD
01-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Corvettes are better then mustangs

If you disagree you're wrong

If you don't chew big red, fuck you
I will agree with you only if I get to sit in the Viper. I won't even ask for a ride. :D

Junkie
01-15-2014, 04:08 PM
I will agree with you only if I get to sit in the Viper. I won't even ask for a ride. :D

lol the Viper is the local whipping boy, just come ask and you can sit in it, move the seat, mirrors, look under the hood...I dont care man

Just a bunch of metal and plastic. I could give a shit what badge a vehicle wears.

Grandpa
01-15-2014, 04:11 PM
I still need to take you up on the offer to pick up the Viper to take the wife out to dinner in it. Our anniversary is coming up soon. :)

<----has driven the Viper. :D

DirtyD
01-15-2014, 04:12 PM
lol the Viper is the local whipping boy, just come ask and you can sit in it, move the seat, mirrors, look under the hood...I dont care man

Just a bunch of metal and plastic. I could give a shit what badge a vehicle wears.
Move the mirrors! Oh hells yes. :lol:

Junkie
01-15-2014, 04:15 PM
I still need to take you up on the offer to pick up the Viper to take the wife out to dinner in it. Our anniversary is coming up soon. :)

<----has driven the Viper. :D

Haha come get it

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Not lying, its what Ive seen, not read.

ROFL okay.

-Alex

Grandpa
01-15-2014, 05:40 PM
ROFL okay.

-Alex

What you're failing to realize is that both Junkie and Strokd have FAR FAR more racing experience and have been MUCH faster than you ever have in many different types of cars and they are telling you from personal experience. You're taking your information straight off the internet from God knows where like some hack journalist with a personal agenda who is being paid for their endorsement. Many of us have already seen what the new Vette's are doing on the street and they are pretty much on par with C6 performance or even slightly weaker.

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 06:19 PM
What you're failing to realize is that both Junkie and Strokd have FAR FAR more racing experience and have been MUCH faster than you ever have in many different types of cars and they are telling you from personal experience. You're taking your information straight off the internet from God knows where like some hack journalist with a personal agenda who is being paid for their endorsement. Many of us have already seen what the new Vette's are doing on the street and they are pretty much on par with C6 performance or even slightly weaker.

No it's not that at all. I have great respect for their personal experience and race knowledge. I don't doubt that they may have in fact seen someone drive a C6 faster than a C7 but, as we all know, that doesn't equate that C6s are faster than C7s. Not stock for stock. If you put the same driver in a C6 in a C7, the C7 will be faster all day everyday.

I don't agree that a few handfulls of instances dictate overall performance and drivers across the board. I highly doubt Chevrolet would spend this much R&D to make more power, use better tires, make the car more slippery to make it accelerate slower than the previous car. I know Ferrari got away with it with the F50 from the F40 but not on the home front :).

-Alex

Junkie
01-15-2014, 07:02 PM
No it's not that at all. I have great respect for their personal experience and race knowledge. I don't doubt that they may have in fact seen someone drive a C6 faster than a C7 but, as we all know, that doesn't equate that C6s are faster than C7s. Not stock for stock. If you put the same driver in a C6 in a C7, the C7 will be faster all day everyday.

I don't agree that a few handfulls of instances dictate overall performance and drivers across the board. I highly doubt Chevrolet would spend this much R&D to make more power, use better tires, make the car more slippery to make it accelerate slower than the previous car. I know Ferrari got away with it with the F50 from the F40 but not on the home front :).

-Alex

What your saying has been tested, and you're wrong.

go back to the internetz and google some shit

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 07:45 PM
What your saying has been tested, and you're wrong.

go back to the internetz and google some shit

What if I corvetteforums.com some shit?

The C7 Fast List
Last Updated: December 3, 2013

==================
Bone-Stock on Stock Tires
==================
Rank~~ E.T.~~ Trap~ 60'~ Driver~~~~~ M.Yr. Details
1~~~~11.496~~118.96~~1.683~SNORMAN~~~~'14 A6 (Post#4)
2~~~~11.953~~118.26~~1.878~VNAMVET~~~~'14 A6 Z51 Timeslip in sig, (Post#21)
3~~~~11.955~~119.62~~1.919~Kyle Lemish~~~'14 M7 non Z51 and no NPP (Post#13)
4~~~~12.164~~116.31~~1.938~Greg Quillen~~~'14 M7 Z51, Has NPP (Post#15)

C6 List
Showroom Stock LS2 (2005 -2007)
12.215 @ 115.45 - LS1LT1 - 06 A6 - (1278)
12.235 @ 115.58 - 06C6FVR - 06 M6 Z51 - (333)
12.290 @ 114.29 - Proney - 07 M6 - (4500)
12.314 @ 114.82 - CYA Vett - 05 M6 F55 - (675)
12.422 @ 113.90 - DrRichie - 05 M6 Z51
12.499 @ 114.90 - Jschindler - 05 M6 Z51
12.53x @ 113.00 - Wicked07C6 - 07 M6 Z51 - (914)

Showroom Stock LS3 (2008 - 2013)
11.718 @ 119.94 - AndrewZPSU - 08 M6 - (2586)
11.806 @ 118.82 - Gmrulz - 08 A6 Z51, NPP - (3478)
11.974 @ 116.98 - Proney - 08 M6 Z51, NPP - (4652)
12.058 @ 122.05 - AndrewZPSU - 10 A6 NPP - (5051)
12.100 @ 115.19 - Odin - 09 A6 2.73 npp - (4325)
12.102 @ 117.60 - Dingrao - 08 A6 - (3561)
12.127 @ 116.59 - Pettvette - 08 A6 - (4278)

Keep in mind, the C6 base car got a hp increase. The C7 has been out for one year, so technically if you're going to compare apples to apples, you compare first year car to first year car. But even still a LT1 is still faster than an LS3 C6.

Lowest time for a LS3C6 is 117.18, LT1 C7 is 11.496. So the LS3s are faster eh?

-Alex

Junkie
01-15-2014, 07:46 PM
lol shocker. I've read a lot of funny shit on CF.

I'll still with my personal experience on the street, track and Texas World.

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 07:51 PM
lol shocker. I've read a lot of funny shit on CF.

I'll still with my personal experience on the street, track and Texas World.

Can't tell if you're serious. Are you discrediting the times posted because they are simply on a forum you don't like?

-Alex

Junkie
01-15-2014, 07:53 PM
Can't tell if you're serious. Are you discrediting the times posted because they are simply on a forum you don't like?

-Alex

I dont dislike CF

I just value what I see in the real world, actually racing. Vs what someone reads on the internet.

When I first bought a Gen4 Viper, the fastest one had gone was 10.8@131

I guess my 10.6@135 must be faked, damn you internet! I thought I really ran that time:win:

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 07:57 PM
I dont dislike CF

I just value what I see in the real world, actually racing. Vs what someone reads on the internet.

When I first bought a Gen4 Viper, the fastest one had gone was 10.8@131

I guess my 10.6@135 must be faked, damn you internet! I thought I really ran that time:win:

So again, should these numbers posted by people than ran the times be discredited because you didn't see it happen?

-Alex

Junkie
01-15-2014, 07:59 PM
So again, should these numbers posted by people than ran the times be discredited because you didn't see it happen?

-Alex

You've totally missed the point

Go google some shit, maybe you'll figure it out

Real world > internet bullshit

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 08:01 PM
You've totally missed the point

Go google some shit, maybe you'll figure it out

Real world > internet bullshit

Got it. An 11.718 is somehow faster than a 11.496 because you didn't see it happen lol.

-Alex

Junkie
01-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Got it. An 11.718 is somehow faster than a 11.496 because you didn't see it happen lol.

-Alex

I watched a stock LS3 C6 beat the brakes off 2 C7's in person at a car meet in DFW.

That > reading shit on the internet and thinking I actually know what im talking about.

Since my Viper isnt on some master internet webmaster list, does that mean it didn't happen?

DirtyD
01-15-2014, 08:17 PM
by the way, the c7 hasn't been out a year. They just started arriving at dealerships in October. Lol

STROKD
01-15-2014, 09:06 PM
What if I corvetteforums.com some shit?

The C7 Fast List
Last Updated: December 3, 2013

==================
Bone-Stock on Stock Tires
==================
Rank~~ E.T.~~ Trap~ 60'~ Driver~~~~~ M.Yr. Details
3~~~~11.955~~119.62~~1.919~Kyle Lemish~~~'14 M7 non Z51 and no NPP (Post#13)

Showroom Stock LS3 (2008 - 2013)
11.718 @ 119.94 - AndrewZPSU - 08 M6 - (2586)
. So the LS3s are faster eh?

-Alex
Looks to me the fastest manual ls3 car is quicker and faster than your mighty c7's fastest manual time...

as for the ls2/3 thing, they didnt change shit on the ls1 c5 vettes besides the intake, cam, the valve covers, and emissions over 8 year span... so its unknown and not precedent that there will be a LT revision.

STROKD
01-15-2014, 09:09 PM
I watched a stock LS3 C6 beat the brakes off 2 C7's in person at a car meet in DFW.

That > reading shit on the internet and thinking I actually know what im talking about.

Since my Viper isnt on some master internet webmaster list, does that mean it didn't happen?

And BOOM goes the dynamite. Exactly my thoughts. C7 non z be slower than ls3.:mfr_omg:

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 10:31 PM

Well based on the logic you are using "I didn't see it so it doesn't matter" then absolutely it means your Viper is slow is shit since I didn't see it happen.

So just to use bullet points:

Motortrend tested the C7 faster than C6 with measurable data. Check.
Car and Driver tested C7 faster than C6 with measurable data. Check.
Automobile tested the C7 faster than a C6 with measurable data. Check.
Owners of the actual vehicles tested the C7 faster than a C6 with measurable data. Check.
Official time slips provided show the data of C7s faster than C6s. Check.
Ignore all of that because one guy saw a street race with God knows how many variables at play show someone drive a C6 faster than a C7 so this obviously outweighs the rest of the world.

I've had two meetings with a majority of women today and had to deal with plenty of female employees and this is by far the single most illogical proposal I've seen in a good long while. Thanks for the laugh.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Looks to me the fastest manual ls3 car is quicker and faster than your mighty c7's fastest manual time...

as for the ls2/3 thing, they didnt change shit on the ls1 c5 vettes besides the intake, cam, the valve covers, and emissions over 8 year span... so its unknown and not precedent that there will be a LT revision.

When did we start comparing the LS1s lol? This was a debate(if you can call it that) about the C6 and C7. You're all over the place tonight lol.

-Alex

re-rx7
01-15-2014, 10:42 PM
Making ower out of that di is gna be a bitch. If it doesn't catch on fire first.

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 10:54 PM
Nevermind Motortrend.
Nevermind Road and Track.
Nevermind Automobile Mag.
Nevermind timeslips.
Nevermind actual owners of the cars and their experience.
Nevermind this out and in-car video also.

Out of car video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3k8fQtOUGfU
In car video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbjxVpVvOqg

Yes Junkie, you are obviously right. C6s are definitely faster than C7s because you saw it happen.............once...............at an amateur street race..............with no official times.............or measurable data.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 11:16 PM
Oh let's nevermind this as well. Bone stock C7 versus C6 with intake and exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBGX1xTQfCQ

LOL oh snap.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
01-15-2014, 11:24 PM
Oh snap! Stock C7 winning against a cammed and tuned C6 say it ain't so!

Riddick voice "One down.... three down.... ya get where I'm going with this?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12hsyqDVkmA

-Alex

DirtyD
01-15-2014, 11:58 PM
Just let it go, Alex.

Stangmaster281
01-16-2014, 01:13 AM
:popcorn: This thread is very informative. lol Just wish the vette wasn't supercharged.

Junkie
01-16-2014, 03:18 AM
Actual experience > reading shit on the internet

Dominic Toretto
01-16-2014, 08:52 AM
Actual experience > reading shit on the internet

You must still be celebrating New Year's Eve.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
01-16-2014, 08:56 AM
lol Just wish the vette wasn't supercharged.

There was a time when I would have agreed with you. I kept my fingers crossed for a 454ci with DI and 600hp. Meh.

-Alex

STROKD
01-16-2014, 11:27 AM
When did we start comparing the LS1s lol? This was a debate(if you can call it that) about the C6 and C7. You're all over the place tonight lol.

-Alex

U were basically saying there was probably going to be a LT revision in the c7. I was stating just because it happened in the c6 doesnt necessarily mean it will in the c7 using the c5 history as an example.

Decided to respond to that vs the c6 time being faster than the C7 time that u posted. Good call and misdirection.

Just so you know, Junkie and i both like the c7, just dont see a 20k bump in price with the way it performs... if it was 50 k loaded like it should be, itd be a pretty sweet car. Id pay 30 k for a 1 year old one like i did my c6..

Dominic Toretto
01-16-2014, 12:41 PM
U were basically saying there was probably going to be a LT revision in the c7. I was stating just because it happened in the c6 doesnt necessarily mean it will in the c7 using the c5 history as an example.

That's fair.

Decided to respond to that vs the c6 time being faster than the C7 time that u posted. Good call.

Fixt.

Just so you know, Junkie and i both like the c7, just dont see a 20k bump in price with the way it performs... if it was 50 k loaded like it should be, itd be a pretty sweet car. Id pay 30 k for a 1 year old one like i did my c6..

That's fair, deciding price is subjective. Performance data isn't.

I understand your view on it. Junkie is apparently either just trolling like there's no tomorrow or having his own personal beerfest.

-Alex

Grandpa
01-16-2014, 12:59 PM
That's enough Dom. Settle down or you will be taking a break.

Junkie
01-16-2014, 01:50 PM
That's fair.

Fixt.

That's fair, deciding price is subjective. Performance data isn't.

I understand your view on it. Junkie is apparently either just trolling like there's no tomorrow or having his own personal beerfest.

-Alex

Not trolling at all

I just think real world experience > better know it all google'ing shit from forums.

I base my opinions on what I see, in DFW, while out at races and car events. Not what somebody half way around the country posts on the internet on some retarded list.

If I based everything on internet list, im sure I would end up like you. No experience, referencing other peoples accomplishments.

Dominic Toretto
01-16-2014, 02:02 PM
Not trolling at all

I just think real world experience > better know it all google'ing shit from forums.

I base my opinions on what I see, in DFW, while out at races and car events. Not what somebody half way around the country posts on the internet on some retarded list.

If I based everything on internet list, im sure I would end up like you. No experience, referencing other peoples accomplishments.

But you understand that the real world exists outside of DFW right? You're not the only person with real world experience and those people's experience's count just as much as yours. That's all I am saying.

Speaking of that, some guys and I from work are planning on going out somewhere to race this weekend if things stay consistent. Any recommendations on a good 1/4 track aside from Ennis? That's kind of far.

-Alex

Junkie
01-16-2014, 02:15 PM
I disagree totally, my experiences are going to carry more weight for me. Then reading some shit on the internet.