PDA

View Full Version : Dealer destroys customer ZL1!

re-rx7
01-11-2014, 11:43 AM
Id be pretty pissed!

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/chevy-camaro-zl1-owner-fights-dealership-totaled-car-170136602.html

Dominic Toretto
01-11-2014, 12:36 PM
Id be pretty pissed!

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/chevy-camaro-zl1-owner-fights-dealership-totaled-car-170136602.html

I don't even see how this is a matter of litigation. Funny that the article writes the car was in their "legal ownership" at the time of the accident. That's a bold-faced lie. The dealership no longer owns the vehicle when the title is signed over to another lien holder. WTF! The battle of the insurance companies even with recorded documentation of the dealerships being at fault is just epic.

-Alex

Grandpa
01-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Unfortunately this kind of stuff happens more than people think. When I took my SRT-8 in I know they were beating on it. It was perfectly clean when I took it in. When I picked it up the rear quarters had black rubber on them. So at the very least they were doing burn outs in it. No telling what else they did to it.

re-rx7
01-11-2014, 01:32 PM
I don't even see how this is a matter of litigation. Funny that the article writes the car was in their "legal ownership" at the time of the accident. That's a bold-faced lie. The dealership no longer owns the vehicle when the title is signed over to another lien holder. WTF! The battle of the insurance companies even with recorded documentation of the dealerships being at fault is just epic.

-Alex

The dealer should just give the guy a new car even though his car wasnt worth what new one is. BAd publicity will cost them more in the long run.

Unfortunately this kind of stuff happens more than people think. When I took my SRT-8 in I know they were beating on it. It was perfectly clean when I took it in. When I picked it up the rear quarters had black rubber on them. So at the very least they were doing burn outs in it. No telling what else they did to it.

100% true. When I used to take my Evo or DSM in I would set the rev limit to 3000rpm. When they said somethig was wrong that it wouldnt rev to redline, I asked them simply why did it need to be redlined for an alignment?

gip99gt
01-11-2014, 02:35 PM
The dealer should just give the guy a new car even though his car wasnt worth what new one is. BAd publicity will cost them more in the long run.

100% true. When I used to take my Evo or DSM in I would set the rev limit to 3000rpm. When they said somethig was wrong that it wouldnt rev to revline I asked them simply why did it need to be redlined for an alignment?

classic:flamingdevil:

Crimson600+HP
01-11-2014, 03:12 PM
I've been following the story on Camaro5 for a while. Been posting on anything the dealer has social media wise until they make good of this issue. Jalopnik did a very good article yesterday summarizing the entire situation.

Dominic Toretto
01-11-2014, 05:25 PM
When I used to take my Evo or DSM in I would set the rev limit to 3000rpm. When they said somethig was wrong that it wouldnt rev to revline I asked them simply why did it need to be redlined for an alignment?

That's hilarious!

-Alex