PDA

View Full Version : Mullet's 1500hp TTG

Grandpa
01-08-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm not sure how many of you here know Mullet, but here is a new 1320 video on one of his bad ass cars. I was at the TI event last year to see it and many others run. To say they are fast is an understatement!

nCMRo73II00

blownaltered
01-08-2014, 06:31 PM
That's a cool expensive car but I just don't get it. All that race is, is organized roll racing. Nobody was getting on it till damn near 3rd gear. Yes these cars are fast and cost a fortune but that isn't racing to me.

DirtyD
01-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Something over 1550? :lol: More like something over 1600 or more. He tore those other Lambos a new one.

That Porsche and T/A were very impressive.

Is that Will's Viper in the credits?

Grandpa
01-08-2014, 06:42 PM

Yes

03MachMe
01-08-2014, 06:55 PM
That's a cool expensive car but I just don't get it. All that race is, is organized roll racing. Nobody was getting on it till damn near 3rd gear. Yes these cars are fast and cost a fortune but that isn't racing to me.

I agree.

Grandpa
01-08-2014, 07:15 PM

I agree.

It's really deceiving on video and really something you need to see in person to get an idea just how fast these cars are. They are putting a lot of power down and it's not as easy as you might think. We're not talking about 600-700rw cars here, we're talking 1500hp+. This year there will be street cars north of 1700+.

It's a 60mph roll for a half mile. So by definition it's a race from point A to point B. I love this event and it's so much fun to go out and watch them put this power down running 180mph+ in such a short distance. If you haven't ridden in a 1000rw+ car before it's hard to really grasp it. It's a rush!

03MachMe
01-08-2014, 07:34 PM
Eh I understand they are fast but just doesn't seem like it takes all that much skill to do it. From what I see you have to have a boat load of money to dump into a car and be able to shift when the tach is close to red line. Don't even have to learn how to launch or turn. I'm sure driving them or riding in them is a rush but just not my cup of tea

blownaltered
01-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Eh I understand they are fast but just doesn't seem like it takes all that much skill to do it. From what I see you have to have a boat load of money to dump into a car and be able to shift when the tach is close to red line. Don't even have to learn how to launch or turn. I'm sure driving them or riding in them is a rush but just not my cup of tea

I agree it's a dyno race. Let's be honest, cars like boostedgt's make that kind of power and they launch the hell out of those cars on the street. Yes they are fast, but it takes no skill to do it. I'm just not impressed with it. Would it be fun to watch, yes but that's just because they are kick ass cars and I like kick ass cars.

DirtyD
01-08-2014, 09:10 PM
I think Texas Mile reigns over Texas Invitational for me. At TM they are having to handle their cars for 240+ MPH over a mile.

Dan12GT
01-08-2014, 09:42 PM
I agree this stuff is silly to me. Basically what it tells me these cars are WAAAAAY to powerful for the street and can only roll race from 4th gear + because otherwise they would be an out of control mess.

I second blownaltered's opinion too I think it is MUCH more impressive to see an equally as powerful car or more powerful car do it from a dig. These lambos would get destroyed by someone like BoostedGT in a drag.

Junkie
01-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Something over 1550? :lol: More like something over 1600 or more. He tore those other Lambos a new one.

That Porsche and T/A were very impressive.

Yes sir.

and LOL at the responses here. I guess mustang sites never change, people said the same shit years ago as well.

Being realistic, out of everyone that posted. Who has experience dig racing or roll racing 1500+ rw. How would you know what it takes and how easy it is?

My Supra makes that power, its MUCH easier to hook that car on the track, then it is at 60mph.

Junkie
01-08-2014, 11:07 PM
I agree this stuff is silly to me. Basically what it tells me these cars are WAAAAAY to powerful for the street and can only roll race from 4th gear + because otherwise they would be an out of control mess.

I second blownaltered's opinion too I think it is MUCH more impressive to see an equally as powerful car or more powerful car do it from a dig. These lambos would get destroyed by someone like BoostedGT in a drag.

And Chris would get destroyed from a roll by these cars. Its just 2 different types of combo's participating in 2 different types of racing.

Thats like saying a Pro mod is going to get rocked by an Evo on a road course. It really has no relevance.

blownaltered
01-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Yes sir.

and LOL at the responses here. I guess mustang sites never change, people said the same shit years ago as well.

Being realistic, out of everyone that posted. Who has experience dig racing or roll racing 1500+ rw. How would you know what it takes and how easy it is?

My Supra makes that power, its MUCH easier to hook that car on the track, then it is at 60mph.

I don't think the comments have anything to do with this being a mustang site. I think we all agree that these cars make monster power and are sweet as hell. That isn't in question, they are down right impressive. I think the issue is a roll race event which is in tern a dyno race, which has very little skill involved. I think that is what most people don't like about these events.

Dominic Toretto
01-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Here's some members of this forum enjoying some non-skills racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97mNKPCpy_o

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
01-08-2014, 11:33 PM
Another...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxJ0icy36mM

-Alex

blownaltered
01-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Here's some members of this forum enjoying some non-skills racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97mNKPCpy_o

-Alex

Everybody on this board minus a few people roll race. I'm not saying they don't. I'm just don't understand going to a place and paying to watch roll racing. If I want to watch it I can go to plano on a Friday night and watch it for free.

JDBishopArts
01-09-2014, 12:11 AM
Here's another of the same car with some skilled driving....

iADeDnh2_bI

PS. Learn how to embed.

I think those cars are badass and I'm sure a lot of those guys know how to take turns too. I'd rather see top speed though than a roll race though.

03MachMe
01-09-2014, 12:19 AM
I don't think the comments have anything to do with this being a mustang site. I think we all agree that these cars make monster power and are sweet as hell. That isn't in question, they are down right impressive. I think the issue is a roll race event which is in tern a dyno race, which has very little skill involved. I think that is what most people don't like about these events.

This

Dominic Toretto
01-09-2014, 12:33 AM
Everybody on this board minus a few people roll race. I'm not saying they don't. I'm just don't understand going to a place and paying to watch roll racing. If I want to watch it I can go to plano on a Friday night and watch it for free.

That's like saying, if I want to go watch football I could go to the YMCA instead of going the Cowboy's stadium.

-Alex

blownaltered
01-09-2014, 12:42 AM
That's like saying, if I want to go watch football I could go to the YMCA instead of going the Cowboy's stadium.

-Alex

That's a bit of a stretch don't you think. I could see you comparing the races at redline to the Nhra national events. Let's get real here roll racing isn't a nationally televised event. If it wasn't for youtube 99% of the population wouldn't have ever heard of TI.

Have you ever been to a Friday night meet. There are a few cars there that go to TI and race so my comment wasn't that as far fetched as your YMCA to the cowboys comment. Seriously that was out there. Did you read that before you posted it?

downtime!
01-09-2014, 12:43 AM
LOL at y'all thinking there's no skill involved in keeping a 1500 hp car under control, from a dig, a roll or any other way. Mine makes less than half that and it gets all kinds of loose when I roll race. Nothing gets the sphincter any tighter than hazing the tires at 75, 80 or even 100 mph.

Grandpa
01-09-2014, 12:52 AM
LOL at y'all thinking there's no skill involved in keeping a 1500 hp car under control, from a dig, a roll or any other way. Mine makes less than half that and it gets all kinds of loose when I roll race. Nothing gets the sphincter any tighter than hazing the tires at 75, 80 or even 100 mph.
Exactly. Anyone who says there is no skill driving a 1000rw car from a roll has never been in one to know any better. We arent talking 500rw mustangs here where you can mash it at 60mph and it just sticks. Those cars are a handful to drive and it takes much skill to drive them especially if they are rowing gears shocking the tires on every shift!

blownaltered
01-09-2014, 12:55 AM
Exactly. Anyone who says there is no skill driving a 1000rw car from a roll has never been in one to know any better. We arent talking 500rw mustangs here where you can mash it at 60mph and it just sticks. Those cars are a handful to drive and it takes much skill to drive them especially if they are rowing gears shocking the tires on every shift!

Sorry I can't listen to you on this since you are a 1000hp groupie.

Dan12GT
01-09-2014, 01:50 AM
I didn't say it takes no skill but I defiantly insinuated it takes a hell of a lot less skill when compared to going down the strip or putting it through corners. To me this isn't even racing at all. Why the hell else would someone roll race? BECAUSE they can't do any other form of traditional racing!

Downtime your car is a beast. It's powerful and I know you can race it. That doesn't take away the fact it takes some skill to control it at any speed but it takes a hell of a lot more skill running it at the strip which I know you can agree on.

Fact of the matter is these cars are nothing but bottomless pocket fueled racers.

Dan12GT
01-09-2014, 01:53 AM

Shocking tires? Doubtful in their semi automatic paddle shifter granny trannys....

Dan12GT
01-09-2014, 01:59 AM
And Chris would get destroyed from a roll by these cars. Its just 2 different types of combo's participating in 2 different types of racing.

Thats like saying a Pro mod is going to get rocked by an Evo on a road course. It really has no relevance.

Chis's car is also a full interior mustang which is a heavy box compared to these sleek aerodynamic lambos

Junkie
01-09-2014, 02:42 AM

This

When is the last time either of you hooked 1500-1800rwhp from a 60mph roll? Just curious, since its nothing more then a dyno race, you must know exactly what it takes to do it correct?

Its MUCH harder then you think, no track prep, no bias ply tires, etc..

Junkie
01-09-2014, 02:47 AM
Shocking tires? Doubtful in their semi automatic paddle shifter granny trannys....

^ clearly has no fucking clue what hes talking about.

Chis's car is also a full interior mustang which is a heavy box compared to these sleek aerodynamic lambos

This literally made me laugh my ass off. Do you know Chris, when is the last time you saw the car!? It hasnt been full interior/full weight in the last 5 years. Its a VERY light weight car, setup very well.

I didn't say it takes no skill but I defiantly insinuated it takes a hell of a lot less skill when compared to going down the strip or putting it through corners. To me this isn't even racing at all. Why the hell else would someone roll race? BECAUSE they can't do any other form of traditional racing!

Downtime your car is a beast. It's powerful and I know you can race it. That doesn't take away the fact it takes some skill to control it at any speed but it takes a hell of a lot more skill running it at the strip which I know you can agree on.

Fact of the matter is these cars are nothing but bottomless pocket fueled racers.

Since you are so much of an expert, you must be aware of how much EASIER it is to hook a car on the race track. With track prep, ideal conditions, slicks, etc... then it is to hook a car from a varying rolling start, on street tires with no prep.

If everyone stuck to "traditional" racing, then hardly any of the racing that we do would exist. 1/4 mile wouldn't for sure, you think every type of racing started at a drag strip or road course? LMFAO!!!!

re-rx7
01-09-2014, 02:47 AM
Isn't the Lamborghini awd? They seem to hook pretty well at speed. In the end speed cost money. How fast you wanna go?

Junkie
01-09-2014, 02:48 AM
Isn't the Lamborghini awd? They seem to hook pretty well at speed.

Yes they are, but not all cars at TI are. Also I've personally watched the cars blow the tires off at 60 and switch lanes. This is GTR's and Lambos

re-rx7
01-09-2014, 02:53 AM
I watched Thomas bounce 3lanes with that mirage lol. I was scared for him. Lol the vettes and other rwd cars get more respect from me. It seems the balls would have to be larger to put power through two vs 4. That's just me though. Im sure they could care less but just my opinion.

03MachMe
01-09-2014, 04:42 AM
When is the last time either of you hooked 1500-1800rwhp from a 60mph roll? Just curious, since its nothing more then a dyno race, you must know exactly what it takes to do it correct?

Its MUCH harder then you think, no track prep, no bias ply tires, etc..

Calm down big guy, I think you are missing our point. I never said this takes no skill at all. I can imagine having the back end come out from under you with that much power can be a major pucker factor, but all we are saying is this type of racing takes less skill than racing from a dig. Just like I think drag racing (esp an auto) takes less skill than any type of corner carving. I know the majority of mustang owners could care less about turns and that's why I'm in the minority here but that's fine with me. I like to see more what the driver can do than just the car itself and I think roll racing is 90% car and 10% driver.

Grandpa
01-09-2014, 10:51 AM

LOL, wow. Clueless, totally clueless. 1500+ is enough to overwhelm ANY street chassis, AWD or not. In fact, having been in a 1100AWD GTR before, I can tell you its just as sketchy if not more so having FOUR tires spinning vs two having to guess where they are going. lol

LOL. You know that he doesn't even own the car anymore, right?

^ clearly has no fucking clue what hes talking about.

This literally made me laugh my ass off. Do you know Chris, when is the last time you saw the car!? It hasnt been full interior/full weight in the last 5 years. Its a VERY light weight car, setup very well.

Since you are so much of an expert, you must be aware of how much EASIER it is to hook a car on the race track. With track prep, ideal conditions, slicks, etc... then it is to hook a car from a varying rolling start, on street tires with no prep.

If everyone stuck to "traditional" racing, then hardly any of the racing that we do would exist. 1/4 mile wouldn't for sure, you think every type of racing started at a drag strip or road course? LMFAO!!!!

Agree 100%

Yes they are, but not all cars at TI are. Also I've personally watched the cars blow the tires off at 60 and switch lanes. This is GTR's and Lambos

Last year I saw two of the UGR cars blow all four tires off at 100mph+ during test runs. The owners said "fuck that!", and had UGR's hired hand drive the car cuz it scared the shit out of them! lol.

Calm down big guy, I think you are missing our point. I never said this takes no skill at all. I can imagine having the back end come out from under you with that much power can be a major pucker factor, but all we are saying is this type of racing takes less skill than racing from a dig. Just like I think drag racing (esp an auto) takes less skill than any type of corner carving. I know the majority of mustang owners could care less about turns and that's why I'm in the minority here but that's fine with me. I like to see more what the driver can do than just the car itself and I think roll racing is 90% car and 10% driver.

We'll agree to disagree. Having experienced both types of racing, I'd say you were very misinformed not having experienced one of these events.

Some of you guys are being really closed minded about this type of racing. What fun would it be if racing had just stopped at drag racing? There are MANY types of different, this is just another one and it happens to be a lot of fun! No different then 1/8th mile, 1/4 mile, 1/2 mile, full mile, round tracks, road course, long runs like the Silver State Classic and so and so on. They ALL take some kind of talent and skill. To say it doesn't take a great amount of skill (and big brass balls) to drive a car that is so powerful at high speeds that's trying to come around on you the whole time and trying to kill you is complete nonsense. I love all types of racing, this is just another version of it.

Dan12GT
01-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Eh maybe your right these cars are built for one thing. Roll racing.

Just not my cup of tea either because to me these cars are built only to go fast after they have reached a sustainable rolling speed to get traction. To me that's kinda cheating. I'd love to see one of these cars do a 1/4 in their current setup. Again though they aren't built for that....

Oh well agree to disagree

Courtesy Flush
01-09-2014, 11:10 AM
I sense jealously more than anything in this thread.
All racing is the same, competition of speed in shortest amount of time to reach a specific goal.
To say one form is more or less difficult than the other is silly.

A 1500+hp car racing another is just plain cool. Great video.

Grandpa
01-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Eh maybe your right these cars are built for one thing. Roll racing.

Just not my cup of tea either because to me these cars are built only to go fast after they have reached a sustainable rolling speed to get traction. To me that's kinda cheating. I'd love to see one of these cars do a 1/4 in their current setup. Again though they aren't built for that....

Oh well agree to disagree

How is that different for any other car purpose built?

Would you take a Stang meant for drag racing on the road course and expect it do well with it's loose suspension?

What about the other way around? A road course car on the drag strip with it's tight suspension?

The roll cars have to be set up properly as well to achieve their times they are trying to achieve. Reducing their times from 60-180mph while trying to win their race against another really fast car ,dialing in traction and keeping the car straight. It's no different than achieving your low ET goal at the drag strip.

Launching a car at the track is a rush. Hold the RPM's at 5500rpms, side step the clutch, get thrown back in the seat as the front of the car lifts off the ground, it's screaming, angry, fighting it to stay straight and attempting your best to lean forward to grab second against gravity. It's awesome!

It's the same thing in these high powered roll cars, just in every gear! In addition to that is an intense tunnel vision you get quickly achieving great speeds of 180-230mph cars. It's intense, gets your heart racing, blurs your senses. It's amazing!

I just don't get how you guys can't be a fan of EVERY type of racing. I love it all!

Dan12GT
01-09-2014, 11:29 AM
How is that different for any other car purpose built?

Would you take a Stang meant for drag racing on the road course and expect it do well with it's loose suspension?

What about the other way around? A road course car on the drag strip with it's tight suspension?

The roll cars have to be set up properly as well to achieve their times they are trying to achieve. Reducing their times from 60-180mph while trying to win their race against another really fast car ,dialing in traction and keeping the car straight. It's no different than achieving your low ET goal at the drag strip.

Launching a car at the track is a rush. Hold the RPM's at 5500rpms, side step the clutch, get thrown back in the seat as the front of the car lifts off the ground, it's screaming, angry, fighting it to stay straight and attempting your best to lean forward to grab second against gravity. It's awesome!

It's the same thing in these high powered roll cars, just in every gear! In addition to that is an intense tunnel vision you get quickly achieving great speeds of 180-230mph cars. It's intense, gets your heart racing, blurs your senses. It's amazing!

I just don't get how you guys can't be a fan of EVERY type of racing. I love it all!

You seriously are just looking for another trolling argument. I said these cars are built for this type of racing. I'm just not really thrilled about it.

DirtyD
01-09-2014, 11:44 AM
You seriously are just looking for another trolling argument. I said these cars are built for this type of racing. I'm just not really thrilled about it.
That's what he is here to do, Danny.

That's why I haven't posted again. :)

Grandpa
01-09-2014, 11:45 AM

No, I'm not. I haven't made a single trolling type comment. It's a discussion, not an argument.

hatchttu
01-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Pretty cool, I just want to know what these guys do for a living :) and how can I do it?

Grandpa
01-09-2014, 11:52 AM
That's what he is here to do, Danny.

That's why I haven't posted again. :)

You know what....

Nevermind. Not worth it. I won't make a post towards you or comment on anything you say again if that is what you think.

DirtyD
01-09-2014, 12:16 PM
You know what....

Nevermind. Not worth it. I won't make a post towards you or comment on anything you say again if that is what you think.
I'm joking, Steve. :lol:

Lighten up a little bit. That's why I had the smiley face at the end.

STROKD
01-09-2014, 12:33 PM
Lol at this thread and Dan specifically. The lack of knowledge is strong with this one.

Dan12GT
01-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Didn't know boosted's cars has changed so much. Your right I don't follow it much because I don't have the time so I don't know the present state of his car. I just have always heard his car car was full interior. My bad.

No I don't know what it's like to have a billion hp car and roll race because I don't care.

I was simply stating that's a pretty lame form of racing to me (my personal opinion). Y'all don't have to get so defensive about that. I'm just stating my opinion.

STROKD
01-09-2014, 03:06 PM
That lambo will run laps around any Mustang on this site... just because the owner only chooses to roll race it doesnt mean it cant do turns or run from a dig. driver included, since everyone says he cant go around turns bla bla

DirtyD
01-09-2014, 03:10 PM
That lambo will run laps around any Mustang on this site... just because the owner only chooses to roll race it doesnt mean it cant do turns or run from a dig. driver included, since everyone says he cant go around turns bla bla
I would hope Mullet's Lambo would run laps around any Mustang on this site. :lol:

03MachMe
01-09-2014, 03:12 PM
But but Danny they have 1300+ HP how can you not think they are cool?

You guys are missing our point. Just not a fan of this type of racing. I prefer racing that is more about the driver than the car itself, which is why I like autocross and road racing. That's just my opinion. The level of skill for the driver is less than that on a road course or even drag strip imo that's all I'm saying. Yes I know it prolly takes more skill to roll race one of these compared to drag racing a Honda or some crap. Just simply stating if I had that kind of money not the kind of race car I would build. Not saying it's not cool. Fuck Yea who doesn't want to see a car do 180 in a safe environment but just not my cup of tea. More impressive to me if it can do 180 in the 1/4

STROKD
01-09-2014, 03:23 PM
I would hope Mullet's Lambo would run laps around any Mustang on this site. :lol:

Well hearing the responses made it sound like no one could verify it as a corner carver anymore

STROKD
01-09-2014, 03:25 PM
More impressive to me if it can do 180 in the 1/4

They go 180 in qtr too.

DirtyD
01-09-2014, 03:37 PM
They go 180 in qtr too.
I don't see 180 out of some of these cars. Maybe 175 or so. Only because they make up so much MPH on the back half.

DirtyD
01-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Well hearing the responses made it sound like no one could verify it as a corner carver anymore
But I gaurantee it would be a hell of a lot harder to plant 1600 awhp on a road course when truly pushing the car hard. I don't even think it would be possible, honestly.

03MachMe
01-09-2014, 04:00 PM
They go 180 in qtr too.

So they do 180 in the 1/4 yet also 180 in 1/2 mile with a 60mph head start?

rlhay2
01-09-2014, 04:02 PM
All that race is, is organized roll racing.

Yep.
And high hp dig racing is a test of parts durability. Not knocking dig racing, but some hate the "maintenance" costs.

They go 180 in qtr too.

...but with a 1.8x 60 ft time...
Lambos have a ridiculously long 1st gear, this allows 2-6 to emulate a close ratio transmission.

It's a form of racing that is not for everyone.
But it is FUN!!
Other than the Texas Mile, where else can you legally throw 5th gear under full boost?

blownaltered
01-09-2014, 04:02 PM
I think the elitist group are missing the point. Nobody is saying the cars aren't cool. I know it takes some skill to drive them but no where near road racing or drag racing (not saying these cars can't do it, had to say that before that got thrown in my face). I just don't find it entertaining to watch, maybe its different in person I don't know. That's my whole complaint is its not fun to watch. Its roll racing, roll racing isn't that fun to watch in person let alone on the computer.

Before this gets going I know my fox is slow and I can't compete with these cars. I do not have car penis envy, so that's not why I am saying this.

Don't bring up drag racing either because it takes a hell of a long time to get a setup dialed in and running the times you want. I did race for a long time and my 1/8 and 1/4 miles times are better than most the cars on this site and dfwm. I just don't brag about them, now that I sold it I really can't but I didn't brag when I was running those times.

Grandpa
01-09-2014, 04:14 PM
I think the elitist group are missing the point. Nobody is saying the cars aren't cool. I know it takes some skill to drive them but no where near road racing or drag racing (not saying these cars can't do it, had to say that before that got thrown in my face). I just don't find it entertaining to watch, maybe its different in person I don't know. That's my whole complaint is its not fun to watch. Its roll racing, roll racing isn't that fun to watch in person let alone on the computer.

Before this gets going I know my fox is slow and I can't compete with these cars. I do not have car penis envy, so that's not why I am saying this.

Don't bring up drag racing either because it takes a hell of a long time to get a setup dialed in and running the times you want. I did race for a long time and my 1/8 and 1/4 miles times are better than most the cars on this site and dfwm. I just don't brag about them, now that I sold it I really can't but I didn't brag when I was running those times.

Labeling "elistist" because it's not a fox isn't fair at all. Ronnie (Rlhay) has a badass Mustang worthy of running at the event and he's anything but elitist. He'll take the time to talk to anyone about cars. Very cool guy. He isn't the only Mustang or non Lambo out there. Yes, there is some high dollar cars and maybe a few "elitist" ego types, but that's not the typical type. I know a lot of these guys and they are just car guys like anyone else, their toys just happen to be a little more expensive.

It's cool, you don't like it. I get it. I think they are exciting to watch at the events and enjoy the hell out of it. :)

Grandpa
01-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Yep.
And high hp dig racing is a test of parts durability. Not knocking dig racing, but some hate the "maintenance" costs.

...but with a 1.8x 60 ft time...
Lambos have a ridiculously long 1st gear, this allows 2-6 to emulate a close ratio transmission.

It's a form of racing that is not for everyone.
But it is FUN!!
Other than the Texas Mile, where else can you legally throw 5th gear under full boost?

Agreed on all points!

I love it when the UGR cars get about half track and it looks like they get rearended by a freight train and just take off! Sound wicked too!:rockit:

Dominic Toretto
01-09-2014, 05:30 PM
That's a bit of a stretch don't you think. I could see you comparing the races at redline to the Nhra national events. Let's get real here roll racing isn't a nationally televised event. If it wasn't for youtube 99% of the population wouldn't have ever heard of TI.

Have you ever been to a Friday night meet. There are a few cars there that go to TI and race so my comment wasn't that as far fetched as your YMCA to the cowboys comment. Seriously that was out there. Did you read that before you posted it?

Actually, it's not a stretch at all when Youtube can reach more of an audience than a nationally televised event. NBC is national, youtube is GLOBAL.

So yes, I still say it's on the same ratio of comparing a Friday night meet to this event which is much more well known. Hell, even the TX2K events are far more well known than the Friday night meet for a local group. People come from all over the country to Houston to roll race. Juss sayin.

-Alex

Junkie
01-09-2014, 05:47 PM
I sense jealously more than anything in this thread.
All racing is the same, competition of speed in shortest amount of time to reach a specific goal.
To say one form is more or less difficult than the other is silly.

A 1500+hp car racing another is just plain cool. Great video.

Exactly, and its exactly how its been for years. 1/8th mile guys talk shit about 1/4. 1/4 guys talk shit about mile/half mile/TI, etc... Roll racers talk shit about drag racing.

The only issue I have with any of this. Is the judgement with lack of experience. That drives me nuts in every area of motorsports. I hear from Road Racers CONSTANTLY that they don't drag race because its boring and easy, yet they have never driven anything faster then a 12 second car and have no real world experience.

Didn't know boosted's cars has changed so much. Your right I don't follow it much because I don't have the time so I don't know the present state of his car. I just have always heard his car car was full interior. My bad.

No I don't know what it's like to have a billion hp car and roll race because I don't care.

I was simply stating that's a pretty lame form of racing to me (my personal opinion). Y'all don't have to get so defensive about that. I'm just stating my opinion.

But but Danny they have 1300+ HP how can you not think they are cool?

You guys are missing our point. Just not a fan of this type of racing. I prefer racing that is more about the driver than the car itself, which is why I like autocross and road racing. That's just my opinion. The level of skill for the driver is less than that on a road course or even drag strip imo that's all I'm saying. Yes I know it prolly takes more skill to roll race one of these compared to drag racing a Honda or some crap. Just simply stating if I had that kind of money not the kind of race car I would build. Not saying it's not cool. Fuck Yea who doesn't want to see a car do 180 in a safe environment but just not my cup of tea. More impressive to me if it can do 180 in the 1/4

Not thinking its cool, and it not being your fine is all well and good. The only thing im disagreeing with is how you guys seem to take that it takes less setup/skill/etc... to get these cars to hook. When in reality you have no experience with it. Experience > reading shit in motor trend and thinking you know whats up

I don't see 180 out of some of these cars. Maybe 175 or so. Only because they make up so much MPH on the back half.

Several have been 180+ at the track

This is the type of post that drives me nuts.

You are saying it takes less skill and effort. I'm asking you if you've done it personally? Otherwise how do you know how much skill/effort it takes to put down 1500whp without track prep at a 60mph start?

Once again. It not being your thing, fine. You thinking its lame, fine. You hating rich people, fine. You hating religion, fine. Dont give a crap about any of that.

But when I see people with no experience in a certain type of racing, talk about how easy that type of racing is. It drives me nuts, you literally have no clue what you are talking about. It really is that simple. More internet experts with no experience.

Dan12GT
01-09-2014, 05:56 PM

Hook, line, and sinker! BOOM! (agreed with most of this)

I do agree too though it does take some serious skill, tuning, and testing to control one of these mammoth horse power cars though

But....

You do have to agree going from a 60 roll does add some control factor to the race. The control factor meaning a safe starting speed because these cars have too much power to go from a dig for their current setup.

Junkie
01-09-2014, 06:07 PM

I do agree too though it does take some serious skill, tuning, and testing to control one of these mammoth horse power cars though

But....

You do have to agree going from a 60 roll does add some control factor to the race. The control factor meaning a safe starting speed because these cars have too much power to go from a dig for their current setup.

Hooking from a stop at the track is easier then it is at TI, FYI

Dan12GT
01-09-2014, 06:07 PM
Hooking from a stop at the track is easier then it is at TI, FYI

Then why don't they just run these cars all out from a dig then at a prepped half mile track?

Junkie
01-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Then why don't they just run these cars all out from a dig then at a prepped half mile track?

Because they don't want to dig race, I'm confused on why you refuse to see that?

Also several of these guys on radial race cars, or race teams as well.

You need to consider safety, imagine the trap speeds of a car that traps 180 in the 1/4 but in the 1/2. Also gearing, stopping distance, etc...

Dan12GT
01-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Because they don't want to dig race, I'm confused on why you refuse to see that?

Also several of these guys on radial race cars, or race teams as well.

You need to consider safety, imagine the trap speeds of a car that traps 180 in the 1/4 but in the 1/2. Also gearing, stopping distance, etc...

Just trying to understand more that's all.

Dominic Toretto
01-09-2014, 06:17 PM

Who says they aren't? Just because this video exists, doesn't mean that they do not also do other stuff with these cars. There are people that prep the same car for 1/4 mile and autocross.

-Alex

Dan12GT
01-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Who says they aren't? Just because this video exists, doesn't mean that they do not also do other stuff with these cars. There are people that prep the same car for 1/4 mile and autocross.

-Alex

Well... I am sure they do as it seems these guys are into racing obviously. Just reaffirms my feelings towards it. Just not a fan of roll racing and its hard for me to see the point.

Grandpa
01-09-2014, 06:28 PM

But....

It doesn't add any control factor what-so-ever. Any of those cars with the wrong tune could just as easily blaze the tires at 60, 80, 100+. You're still thinking like a low powered horsepower guy. It's all in the tune, bring the power too soon, it will murder the tires. Too late, you get drug by the other car. Like any kind of racing, it's finding the sweet spot for the conditions.

Btw, those big "dig" cars you were talking about are notorious for breaking. Going from a dead stop, at rest, is extremely stressful on a car and those cars constantly destroy drivetrain and rearend parts, twist chassis etc. Get maybe two or three passes out of a clutch if they are actually rowing gears. The auto cars are just point and shoot using fancy traction control boxes like a Davis box that cost $15k alone.

Hell, some of those KOTH cars cost as much or more as some of the T1 GTR's and URG Lambos! lol.

BLK2012GT
01-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Good god that video had nothing but pure sex in it. And keeping any car under control doing 170 plus does take skills. I was doing 160 when I raced Eric and the car felt like it was floating. And you guys know damn well that type of racing would be a lot of fun. I would love to do that.

Grandpa
01-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Well... I am sure they do as it seems these guys are into racing obviously. Just reaffirms my feelings towards it. Just not a fan of roll racing and its hard for me to see the point.

It has the same point as any other kind of racing, to compete, have fun and win.

03MachMe
01-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Not thinking its cool, and it not being your fine is all well and good. The only thing im disagreeing with is how you guys seem to take that it takes less setup/skill/etc... to get these cars to hook. When in reality you have no experience with it. Experience > reading shit in motor trend and thinking you know whats up

:snoopfacepalm: my point is this all thing equal with the same car it is easier to roll race than it is to drag race and its easier to drag race than it is to road race/autox. whether its a 1500hp lambo or a 300hp mustang one thing will be harder to do than the other. To me this kind of racing is the easiest of the 3. That is just my opinion. Yes I am sure it takes quite a bit of skill to get this car to stay straight in a TI event. however I bet its even harder to launch at the track and run a fast time for its power level, and prolly even harder to control on a road course. That is all I was saying . I know these cars are stupid fast, and as they should be for the money they cost. Its just not my cup of tea. Your testing more about the car and less about the driver. If that is what you are after, to prove you own a faster car than everyone else, then this is the type of racing for you. Which is why a lot of people do it. I however would rather prove I am a better driver than others, which is why I like road/autox and occasionally the drag strip. You took it way too personal like we are saying you can't drive because you have a 1000+ hp car. Not what we were saying just that we think it takes less skill to get the same car down a roll race than it does for a dig race or a road race.

JDBishopArts
01-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Ryan is just pissing off everyone this week. lol

BLK2012GT
01-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Ryan is just pissing off everyone this week. lol

Cops do that to people. Lol

DirtyD
01-09-2014, 06:43 PM
:popcorn:

03MachMe
01-09-2014, 06:49 PM
Cops do that to people. Lol

just wait till tomorrow...

BLK2012GT
01-09-2014, 06:52 PM

It's going to rain.

JDBishopArts
01-09-2014, 06:52 PM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c207/WackyFacky/oooooooooo-1.jpg

Dan12GT
01-09-2014, 07:07 PM
:snoopfacepalm: my point is this all thing equal with the same car it is easier to roll race than it is to drag race and its easier to drag race than it is to road race/autox. whether its a 1500hp lambo or a 300hp mustang one thing will be harder to do than the other. To me this kind of racing is the easiest of the 3. That is just my opinion. Yes I am sure it takes quite a bit of skill to get this car to stay straight in a TI event. however I bet its even harder to launch at the track and run a fast time for its power level, and prolly even harder to control on a road course. That is all I was saying . I know these cars are stupid fast, and as they should be for the money they cost. Its just not my cup of tea. Your testing more about the car and less about the driver. If that is what you are after, to prove you own a faster car than everyone else, then this is the type of racing for you. Which is why a lot of people do it. I however would rather prove I am a better driver than others, which is why I like road/autox and occasionally the drag strip. You took it way too personal like we are saying you can't drive because you have a 1000+ hp car. Not what we were saying just that we think it takes less skill to get the same car down a roll race than it does for a dig race or a road race.

Well said Ryan, exactly my view point as well!

blownaltered
01-09-2014, 07:11 PM

You are saying it takes less skill and effort. I'm asking you if you've done it personally? Otherwise how do you know how much skill/effort it takes to put down 1500whp without track prep at a 60mph start?

Once again. It not being your thing, fine. You thinking its lame, fine. You hating rich people, fine. You hating religion, fine. Dont give a crap about any of that.

But when I see people with no experience in a certain type of racing, talk about how easy that type of racing is. It drives me nuts, you literally have no clue what you are talking about. It really is that simple. More internet experts with no experience.

You guys are cracking me up. I don't hate rich people, I make good money off rich people. As for the elitist comment it has nothing to do with the owners of those cars. It has to do with the attitude cheap ass mustang guys were getting about not understanding real horsepower expensive cars. Come on re-read your first few posts, they do come out a little pompous or at least that is how I read it.

To answer your question no I have not been in a 1000hp plus street car so you are right in the aspect, that I don't know what it feels like. I understand controlling one of these monsters cant be easy but to say it takes major skill, I just will not agree with. Now I have been high 7's in the 1/4 and know that's not simple, I just can't see roll racing being that difficult. I could be wrong.

blownaltered
01-09-2014, 07:12 PM

Leave red fox verts alone, they are to slow to hurt anybody :snoopfacepalm:

Junkie
01-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Good god that video had nothing but pure sex in it. And keeping any car under control doing 170 plus does take skills. I was doing 160 when I raced Eric and the car felt like it was floating. And you guys know damn well that type of racing would be a lot of fun. I would love to do that.

Got some good news coming for you soon.

I didn't take anything personal. I LOL at people acting like they know what they are talking about. When in reality they have absolutely no clue.

You guys are cracking me up. I don't hate rich people, I make good money off rich people. As for the elitist comment it has nothing to do with the owners of those cars. It has to do with the attitude cheap ass mustang guys were getting about not understanding real horsepower expensive cars. Come on re-read your first few posts, they do come out a little pompous or at least that is how I read it.

To answer your question no I have not been in a 1000hp plus street car so you are right in the aspect, that I don't know what it feels like. I understand controlling one of these monsters cant be easy but to say it takes major skill, I just will not agree with. Now I have been high 7's in the 1/4 and know that's not simple, I just can't see roll racing being that difficult. I could be wrong.

Its very simple, you are in fact wrong.

Its pretty typical in the racing world, not just roll racing. Most car enthusiast think they are experts about all types of racing. Regardless of experience or not.

I'm a firm believer of speaking from experience, thats it.

Grandpa
01-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Leave red fox verts alone, they are to slow to hurt anybody :snoopfacepalm:

In his efforts for revenue enchancement he will just get you for impeding... :stir::signs6::dogpile:

BLK2012GT
01-09-2014, 07:31 PM

Which is?

Grandpa
01-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Which is?

There will be an announcement coming up soon. Stay tuned.

BLK2012GT
01-09-2014, 07:37 PM
There will be an announcement coming up soon. Stay tuned.

Will do

blownaltered
01-09-2014, 08:19 PM

I didn't take anything personal. I LOL at people acting like they know what they are talking about. When in reality they have absolutely no clue.

Its very simple, you are in fact wrong.

Its pretty typical in the racing world, not just roll racing. Most car enthusiast think they are experts about all types of racing. Regardless of experience or not.

I'm a firm believer of speaking from experience, thats it.

OK I'm wrong but it still fucking sucks to watch. Carry on :gathering:

Junkie
01-09-2014, 08:20 PM
OK I'm wrong but it still fucking sucks to watch. Carry on :gathering:

lol, thats I can understand.

blownaltered
01-09-2014, 08:25 PM
lol, thats I can understand.

I bet that is cool as hell in person but I just hate watching roll racing on video. It doesn't have the same appeal, it just loses something. That goes for the ones that are local as well, in person they are fun on video not so much.

Junkie
01-09-2014, 08:29 PM
I bet that is cool as hell in person but I just hate watching roll racing on video. It doesn't have the same appeal, it just loses something. That goes for the ones that are local as well, in person they are fun on video not so much.

I feel that way about most racing, its all fun to watch in person and very boring on TV.

blownaltered
01-09-2014, 08:51 PM
I feel that way about most racing, its all fun to watch in person and very boring on TV.

I have to agree with this statement. I never watch racing on tv. I love to go watch in person, unless its nascar because that is just boring as hell anymore.

If Steve would have told me about TI I probably would have went but he is ashamed to be seen out in public with me. :popcorn:

Dominic Toretto
01-09-2014, 09:17 PM

That's fair.

-Alex

Toby
01-09-2014, 11:44 PM
Exactly, and its exactly how its been for years. 1/8th mile guys talk shit about 1/4. 1/4 guys talk shit about mile/half mile/TI, etc... Roll racers talk shit about drag racing.

The only issue I have with any of this. Is the judgement with lack of experience. That drives me nuts in every area of motorsports. I hear from Road Racers CONSTANTLY that they don't drag race because its boring and easy, yet they have never driven anything faster then a 12 second car and have no real world experience.

Several have been 180+ at the track

I could not agree with you more Will. Internet warriors that have 0 experience with any form of racing other then 12 second passes behind their bolt on cars (and I'm not trying to take a stab at anyone here just a generic statement) and they are experts of everything.

They googled it so it must be true!!

I have no experience driving one of these cars, but I have built many 1000+ rwhp cars, Ronnie's tt gt500 being one of them, and it takes a lot of suspension tweaking and power control to make these cars hook. Keep in mind a lot of these guys are leaving at 60 mph on around 700-800 hp and ramping the power in.

Midnight11
01-10-2014, 12:03 AM
Generic comment but referred to everyone lol

Toby
01-10-2014, 12:22 AM
No, the comments here are not the only ones I see/hear people make. Every forum I visit there are plenty of people that are not familiar or are uneducated about other forms if racing. A lot of people laugh and make fun of dirt track racing, but look at how many have actually tried it. Same can be said for drifting. If everyone were drag racers, it would be boring. The diversity is what makes the automotive industry great.

Midnight11
01-10-2014, 12:28 AM
For the record I think these cars are badass and def agree it takes skill to drive then but what do I know I only make 430hp lol