PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Houston...

Voltwings
01-06-2014, 06:38 PM
Hey, names Travis from the South side of Houston (Sugar Land). I noticed there were a ton of guys on SVTperformance with DFW locations so i mentioned something to Dirtyd88 and he lead me here. Reason being, my girlfriend was offered a first year teaching job in Dallas (midlothian more precisely) so we're doing the long distance thing. Every 2-3 weeks or so i find myself in Dallas though, so i figured itd be cool for me and my mustang sporting GF to come hang out some time.

My car: 2013 base white GT M6
Current mods: Barton shifter + bracket / BMR LCA's + brackets / Breyton engineering 19 x 9.5 +45 rims / gt500 rear spoiler. Only had the car a few weeks, but as i continue selling the parts from my previous car i plan to finish out my suspension and go for broke on a 500+ WHP all motor build with a CJ setup.

The girls car:
2014 base grey v6 A6 (an exciting bunch arent we...)
Current mods: Airraid CAI
Future mods: 3.55 gear with a tune. Just a little more pep, shes not interested in making it a race car.

my previous car: 2010 Mazdaspeed3
Mods: gtx3576 turbo + supporting mods (too many to feel like listing) making 500 whp, tuned by me. I've had my hands on and around more mazdaspeeds than i care to count lol perks of having a large garage and an engine hoist, and while i dont claim to be all knowing, id like to think i know my way around a car ;) Hoping to eventually become as intiment with my Coyote.

At any rate, look forward to maybe hanging out with some of yall in the future.

Phuck Phace
01-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Welcome

DirtyD
01-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Welcome man. Glad you made it over here.

If you find yourself here on a weekend, there is always plenty of action going on. There is a weekly meet in Mansfield, not too far from Midlothian, at a Fuzzy's Taco shop on Saturday evenings for starters.

Grandpa
01-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Welcome!

I think the new V6's are cool too. Hell they've got 300hp. Back in the foxbody days we would have loved to have that with our v8s!

Voltwings
01-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Welcome man. Glad you made it over here.

If you find yourself here on a weekend, there is always plenty of action going on. There is a weekly meet in Mansfield, not too far from Midlothian, at a Fuzzy's Taco shop on Saturday evenings for starters.

She actually lives in mansfield haha, thanks for the heads up.

Voltwings
01-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Welcome!

I think the new V6's are cool too. Hell they've got 300hp. Back in the foxbody days we would have loved to have that with our v8s!

THe problem really is the gearing, a 2.73 is just too long, you can tell that motor wants to rip!

rriddle3
01-06-2014, 08:07 PM
...There is a weekly meet in Mansfield, not too far from Midlothian, at a Fuzzy's Taco shop on Saturday evenings for starters.
Which you never seem to come to, Derek. What's up with that? :wtf2:

Grandpa
01-06-2014, 08:14 PM

Did you not see him on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX, PBS, Univision, Telemundo, Nickelodeon and public access channels to get the news?

GunsUp
01-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Welcome

DirtyD
01-06-2014, 08:56 PM

I'm typically out with the girlfriend on Saturday nights, or with her and her parents.

DirtyD
01-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Did you not see him on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX, PBS, Univision, Telemundo, Nickelodeon and public access channels to get the news?

:lol:

You forgot MSNBC