PDA

View Full Version : C7 goes 200 MPH

Dan12GT
12-20-2013, 11:32 AM
I'm sure most of us have seen clips of this video but this looks like the full length video. Pretty awesome. I love these new vettes!

B-gzNi6MRwI

rlhay2
12-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Most impressive to me is that it was apparently done on stock suspension.

DirtyD
12-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Most impressive to me is that it was apparently done on stock suspension.
Stock suspension, bolt-ons and a 100 shot in 5th gear.

JDMLOL
12-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Stock suspension, bolt-ons and a 100 shot in 5th gear.

Bolt-ons... Stupid question: How are companies able to make aftermarket parts and have them ready for market when the car just got a complete redesign and was released maybe six weeks ago?

Im guessing gm releases preproduction models to the big aftermarket companies.

rlhay2
12-20-2013, 01:46 PM

This is exactly what happens.
LG has had the cylinder heads for the C7 for months now.

Grandpa
12-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Embedded it for you.

Unfortunately for Hennessey, no matter what he does speed wise it will be very difficult for him to ever get any respect again.

Dan12GT
12-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Embedded it for you.

Unfortunately for Hennessey, no matter what he does speed wise it will be very difficult for him to ever get any respect again.

Huh? I guess I don't keep up with stuff like this enough.

DirtyD
12-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Bolt-ons... Stupid question: How are companies able to make aftermarket parts and have them ready for market when the car just got a complete redesign and was released maybe six weeks ago?

Well it was technicall more than simple bolt-ons, but bolt-ons in GM terms. LOL

Companies have been using the already released Silverado LT1 motor for some initial design and testing since it came out a few months before the C7 did.
Embedded it for you.

Yup, but there will always be those with pocket book limits higher than their IQ.

Huh? I guess I don't keep up with stuff like this enough.
Couple years ago many law suits were filed against him for tearing apart peoples cars, shoddy installs, selling off car parts and using them to complete other projects even after people had paid.

Basically fraud.

Dominic Toretto
12-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Good job Chevrolet! The C7 is incredible.

Embedded it for you.

Respect from who? He bounced back fairly well and is getting a lot of positive commentary and feedback.

-Alex

Dominic Toretto
12-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Couple years ago many law suits were filed against him for tearing apart peoples cars, shoddy installs, selling off car parts and using them to complete other projects even after people had paid.

Basically fraud.

Maybe the price of the Venom is to cover court costs and attorney fees. Otherwise there is NO reason that car should be that much.

-Alex

DirtyD
12-20-2013, 03:24 PM
Good job Chevrolet! The C7 is incredible.

Respect from who? He bounced back fairly well and is getting a lot of positive commentary and feedback.

-Alex
From mainly new customers, a lot of whom probably don't know the full details of what happened in the past with the shop. Many people who have been around the hobby for awhile will say that they don't have much respect for him anymore as a person.

I personally don't know, but I've read a good number of forums and threads about everything. I'm sure he did change his tone on how he runs the business, because he's obviously doing pretty damn good. But it's still a haunting figure of his past.

DirtyD
12-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Maybe the price of the Venom is to cover court costs and attorney fees. Otherwise there is NO reason that car should be that much.

-Alex
Why not? They actually did take their time to create and do R&D on that car, even if it's a glorified kit car. No to mention materials, tooling, and everything else needs to produce some of those parts in house and/or third party.

Dominic Toretto
12-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Why not?

it's a glorified kit car.

That's why.

For a million dollars there is no excuse for that highschool shop-class interior. I respect the speed and bodywork... but that could have all been done for a fraction of the price. Just sayin.

-Alex

Grandpa
12-20-2013, 04:22 PM
In my opinion the Venom isn't a very nice car. The one I saw in person was pretty janky. Panels didn't line up very well, paint was subpar, rattled like crazy etc. Hennessey was just charging an insane amount of money based off his reputation and his "record" and frankly, because he could. He still has some very loyal customers who have a lot of money and good standing with the factories cuz he doesn't screw them over. He saves that for his customers who aren't loaded.

Dominic Toretto
12-20-2013, 05:22 PM
In my opinion the Venom isn't a very nice car. The one I saw in person was pretty janky. Panels didn't line up very well, paint was subpar, rattled like crazy etc. Hennessey was just charging an insane amount of money based off his reputation and his "record" and frankly, because he could. He still has some very loyal customers who have a lot of money and good standing with the factories cuz he doesn't screw them over. He saves that for his customers who aren't loaded.

I have not seen one in person but, from the pics I have seen I do certainly agree. Everyone that reviews the car like it for it's speed and give it a pass on the shoddy build quality, interior is hot garbage and what not. I do give credit where credit is due and the car is a beast but, definitely not worth a million dollars.

For someone that can afford a car of this price range, I'd go for a Koenigsegg or Zonda(which are not kit cars) all day over this.

-Alex

BV600
12-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Don't think this is impressive... Now a GT doing 202mph is impressive.

Dan12GT
12-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Not to mention the drive ability of that car is silly. I'd must rather for $1 million have something more well know and put together as well.

Dominic Toretto
12-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Don't think this is impressive... Now a GT doing 202mph is impressive.

Agreed. It's easy for a Corvette to do 200mph. It would take some serious coin to get a Mustang GT over 200mph.

This guy must be richer than I thought to be able to get the state to close down a highway for him to play.

-Alex

DirtyD
12-22-2013, 05:09 PM
Agreed. It's easy for a Corvette to do 200mph. It would take some serious coin to get a Mustang GT over 200mph.

This guy must be richer than I thought to be able to get the state to close down a highway for him to play.

-Alex

The highway isn't open yet. They were using his car to test the effectiveness of the EZ Tag system. He did the same thing last year on SH 130 outside outside with a CTS-V.

You don't realize what John Hennessey can talk people into doing. Haha

Dominic Toretto
12-23-2013, 11:23 AM
The highway isn't open yet. They were using his car to test the effectiveness of the EZ Tag system. He did the same thing last year on SH 130 outside outside with a CTS-V.

Oh okay, thanks for clarifying that Derek lol.

-Alex

re-rx7
12-23-2013, 11:26 AM

I can imagine. Hell he talked alot of Viper owners out of their shit. :jawdrop:

BV600
12-23-2013, 01:14 PM

-Alex

Nah, my 2012 GT did it, probably not in a mile but it did. Procharger D1SC, 650whp + Autobahn.

Dominic Toretto
12-23-2013, 01:37 PM
I can imagine. Hell he talked alot of Viper owners out of their shit. :jawdrop:

Pretty sure some deceptive diction was used lol.

-Alex

re-rx7
12-23-2013, 02:11 PM
Pretty sure some deceptive diction was used lol.

-Alex

Agreed.