PDA

View Full Version : Yes yes another Plano guy but hey, I used to like chevy's!

Futwa
12-19-2013, 10:56 PM
I live in Plano, I've been on this site for a while and just recently joined the mustang club when I bought a 2011 Sterling Gray Gt 401a M6 with Tech Package. It already has BBK CAI, Eibach pro springs, TSW 20" wheels, and Pypes AB but I am kind of up the air. I have a tendency to let my car adventures snowball out of control and I am either going to finish the suspension on this car then supercharge it or I am going to buy the 2015...but I'll probably still put a tune on it and shocks....and maybe finish the exhaust....gah see what I mean?

I have been into cars for as long as I can remember and my first car was a 1971 Chevelle that ended up with a custom suspension and a Big Block in it. That being said I was a huge Chevy guy all throughout most of my life and sort of blindly pushed Ford aside (except for trucks). I now work at a Ford dealership and own a Ford myself so needless to say I have been converted lol. I got turned on to this forum from a sticker I saw on a mustang that came through our shop and have been reading this forum ever since. I have been out to the Friday meet the last few weeks but the weather seems to be keeping people away. My dealership sponsors track days that I will become increasingly involved and can't wait to meet the community in person. I would like to extend my services to everyone on the board here, if I can help I will help. I will be posting some pictures I think everyone will enjoy very soon..here's a hint....super sna....that is all.

PLASMAN
12-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Welcome, which ford dealer you work at?

Grandpa
12-20-2013, 02:16 AM
Welcome!

Yes, this is the slow time of year for the Friday night GTG. Come Spring time it will be going again with more people.

Futwa
12-20-2013, 09:48 AM
I work at Five Star Ford of Plano, it's right around the corner from the coit and 190 meet. I'll bring a few cool cars out that way when the weather starts to get better and things start to pick up. We also put on a few car shows that the dfw5.0 crowd might be interested in. Thanks for the welcome!

Dominic Toretto
12-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Welcome! I'm not particular to any specific manufacturer. I like most things fast be it, Chevy, Ford, Ferrari, Porsche etc. Would love to see the super snake.

-Alex

Grandpa
12-20-2013, 12:11 PM
I work at Five Star Ford of Plano, it's right around the corner from the coit and 190 meet. I'll bring a few cool cars out that way when the weather starts to get better and things start to pick up. We also put on a few car shows that the dfw5.0 crowd might be interested in. Thanks for the welcome!

Awesome. Please let us know about any shows.

DirtyD
12-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Welcome!

We have a few members that deal with your dealership regularly, and of course a lot of us know Cory up there in Sales.

Grandpa
12-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Welcome!

We have a few members that deal with your dealership regularly, and of course a lot of us know Cory up there in Sales.

Hmmm, I am looking for a 3/4 ton truck. I didn't know we had someone up there.

Futwa
12-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Yea Dom I like a bit of it all as well, I will be selling my Chevelle soon and picking up a Grand National since I've always wanted one. That car WILL get out of control very quickly though so I'll need some cash for that. I've seen a few of the dfw5.0 cars roll through here including a particularly awesome looking bronze wheel car from whiteside. Corey is a wealth of knowledge and does a lot for the performance enthusiast at our dealership. He's the one that coordinates our EC track days, Raptor days, and he put on the car show I believe. We are actually heading up to EC this Sunday so take my car out for the first time so let's hope I don't cook the brakes.

Futwa
12-20-2013, 01:01 PM
SlowGrey pm me what you're looking for and I'll hook you up with the "Gray Mustang Club" discount.

Grandpa
12-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Yea Dom I like a bit of it all as well, I will be selling my Chevelle soon and picking up a Grand National since I've always wanted one. That car WILL get out of control very quickly though so I'll need some cash for that. I've seen a few of the dfw5.0 cars roll through here including a particularly awesome looking bronze wheel car from whiteside. Corey is a wealth of knowledge and does a lot for the performance enthusiast at our dealership. He's the one that coordinates our EC track days, Raptor days, and he put on the car show I believe. We are actually heading up to EC this Sunday so take my car out for the first time so let's hope I don't cook the brakes.

Haha, it's easy to do with Grand Nationals. Been there, done that. Anything you want to know just ask.

SlowGrey pm me what you're looking for and I'll hook you up with the "Gray Mustang Club" discount.

Awesome! Thanks. :)

Futwa
12-20-2013, 08:45 PM
What was your GN ownership experience like? what sort of stuff did you do to it?

Futwa
12-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Here are some Super Snake pics.

DirtyD
12-20-2013, 10:40 PM

Sex.

Dominic Toretto
12-21-2013, 10:00 AM

Do want!

-Alex

Futwa
12-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Sex.
Wide body kit with some 345's on the rear. It was said to put down around 850+ to the rear wheels with a tune they were working on.

Dominic Toretto
12-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Wide body kit with some 345's on the rear. It was said to put down around 850+ to the rear wheels with a tune they were working on.

Nice car. What's the retail on one of those?

-Alex

Futwa
12-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Nice car. What's the retail on one of those?

-Alex

Retail should be somewhere around $130-135k but this one had a few parts you can't get on a Super Snake at the moment and it was rumored to have sold for somewhere around $280k+. Shelby still has the car but it was sold at auction from what I understand.

Grandpa
12-21-2013, 02:03 PM
What was your GN ownership experience like? what sort of stuff did you do to it?

Frankly, the car was a headache most of the time but was fun as hell when it wasn't breaking shit. It was fast for the day (mid 90's) running 7.30's on drag radials. Turbo stuff was still in the early stages and there wasn't as much available then as there is today. That being said, they are still a pain in the ass. Parts are difficult to find not to mention expensive and not a lot of people out there work on them or know much about them. Since you turn your own wrenches you have a fighting chance, but anyone who can't turn a wrench should not consider a GN at all.

It was an 87 had a built motor/trans, TA49 turbo, bigger intercooler/downpipe, injectors/fuel system are the highlights. From a dig it was a monster because it would just sit down and go. On the highway...well you would feel like you were about to die at any moment because they floated lane to lane like a damn 1960's Caddy. lol.

Theft is high on them too. Don't use it as a daily or leave it sitting anywhere you aren't watching it. The car can be opened with a simple coat hanger and started with a screwdriver. In my opinion, the intercooled 86/87 cars are the only ones worth having. If like the sleeper look, you could find yourself a nice built T Type car too.

Futwa
12-21-2013, 04:16 PM
I thought about doing the t-type that way I wouldn't feel bad for painting it gray and I could have it match my mustang! Well thanks for crushing my dream of owning gn there buddy lol. I would eventually end up getting it built up to what you described with the typical GNX flare on the exterior. I messed around with putting a 200-4r in my chevelle and ended up building it a few times before I gave up and went back to the th350 so maybe that's a sign? Maybe I will just put the money towards the 2015 mustang and just mess around with that.