PDA

View Full Version : Flat Tires

zsommer79
12-14-2013, 12:16 AM
So I am backing out of the drive way this morning and low tire pressure light goes off, great. Driver rear has a slow leak so head to discount at lunch. Small tear/cut in side wall so needed a new tire. I decided to just go ahead and replace both rears with 285s since I wanted more meat in the rear anyway. They didn't have the 285s at the store so just stuck a temp on there until they could get them next day. Driving home tonight low pressure light goes off again, WTF, get home check the tires and find a screw in the other rear near sidewall. If I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have any at all.

You guys get a lot flats rolling around DFW?

03MachMe
12-14-2013, 12:35 AM
None so far (knocks on wood) do you have any home construction near you. That usually causes a bunch

zsommer79
12-14-2013, 01:08 AM
No construction around me. Paid extra get the the free replacement certificates on the new tires though just in case the trend continues.

DirtyD
12-14-2013, 01:11 AM
I had the luxury of stabbing a piece of raw steel through my couple month old Pilot super sports back in August. Only time I've ever had a complete flat tire. Ironically enough I work for a steel company, so I'm pretty sure I know where that stray piece came from as I drive right by the truck entrance every day.

re-rx7
12-14-2013, 01:19 AM
I had the luxury of stabbing a piece of raw steel through my couple month old Pilot super sports back in August. Only time I've ever had a complete flat tire. Ironically enough I work for a steel company, so I'm pretty sure I know where that stray piece came from as I drive right by the truck entrance every day.

Def irony!

Dominic Toretto
12-14-2013, 03:00 PM
You guys get a lot flats rolling around DFW?

Nah. The few I have had were never near the sidewall so I always got the fixed for free. So far I've only had one that caused me to need a new tire. Been living in DFW since 2001. Hope you have better luck.

-Alex

zsommer79
12-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Hope you have better luck.

-Alex

Thanks, I do too. Having flats really eats into money for mods.

El_Tortuga
12-14-2013, 11:51 PM
4 in the first 2500 miles. Fortunately all were repairable, but not having a spare kind of sucks

rriddle3
12-15-2013, 01:15 AM
Put a 4" nail through the tread and out the sidewall in the first month I had the car. Have the TireGuard coverage, so the dealer replaced it for free.

KurvStr8nr
01-15-2014, 06:14 PM
Screw through tread yesterday. Discount Tire fixed for free as usual...