PDA

View Full Version : Which springs have the softer ride BMR or Eibach Pro Kit?

saunupe1911
12-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Does anyone know which spring has a softer ride between the BMR and Eibach Pro Kit springs?

Currently I'm riding on Eibach Pro Kit springs and I was wondering if the BMR springs offered a softer ride. I know a few you are on the BMRs

maxpayne
12-02-2013, 08:11 PM
I am in a similar boat, except trying to decide between the BMR SP009 springs and the Steeda Ultralites (maybe Sports as well).

From what I have read, BMR springs are some of the softest springs out there.

JDBishopArts
12-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Get the H&R Race spring. It has the most comfortable ride on the market.

5-OH
12-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Curious to know this as well.

maxpayne
12-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Get the H&R Race spring. It has the most comfortable ride on the market.

Haha

BERT
12-02-2013, 10:30 PM
I am in a similar boat, except trying to decide between the BMR SP009 springs and the Steeda Ultralites (maybe Sports as well).

From what I have read, BMR springs are some of the softest springs out there.

Those softer than the K-springs? I'm getting my stuff done next Friday and I'm still torn between the BMR's or K-springs lol

saunupe1911
12-02-2013, 11:31 PM
I need to ride on some BMR springs. this purchase will be made soon if they are more comfortable than my Pro Kit springs

toomnymods
12-03-2013, 06:00 AM
I've got just about every BMR suspension part on my car and it rides and handles like a dream.. Rides super soft.. just like stock but obviously handles a ton better in the corners :P

maxpayne
12-03-2013, 08:32 AM
I pulled the trigger last night on some Steeda Ultralites. Hopefully these match up well with my Koni Str.ts. At the end of day, you just got to try a setup that you think will suit your needs best. You may be right or may have missed the mark. Trial and error.

*Can be an expensive error though. Lol.

Dominic Toretto
12-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Kind of difficult to fully determine that a certain spring will be what you like without also know what shocks/struts people are using also.

-Alex

BERT
12-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Kind of difficult to fully determine that a certain spring will be what you like without also know what shocks/struts people are using also.

-Alex

True, hopefully with the D-Specs I can make the ride nice as I want with either spring I choose

JDBishopArts
12-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Yeah the Shock/Strut will have a bigger impact on how "soft" a ride is than the spring.

Decide if you want performance or just a drop.

Performance: Eibach Pro-Kit, H&R Race spring, Steeda Sports, Ford Racing P Spring etc
Drop: Eibach Sportlines, H&R SS, Steeda Ultralight, Ford Racing K springs, BMR

Either way you go it'll be noticeably better handling than the stock spring.

DirtyD
12-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Yeah the Shock/Strut will have a bigger impact on how "soft" a ride is than the spring.

Decide if you want performance or just a drop.

Performance: Eibach Pro-Kit, H&R Race spring, Steeda Sports, Ford Racing P Spring etc
Drop: Eibach Sportlines, H&R SS, Steeda Ultralight, Ford Racing K springs, BMR

Either way you go it'll be noticeably better handling than the stock spring.
I think that BMR can be listed in the the performance category as well. I don't think Kelly would have spent all that time and research he's done to just strictly have a drop spring with no performance value to it.

saunupe1911
12-03-2013, 12:32 PM
I pulled the trigger last night on some Steeda Ultralites. Hopefully these match up well with my Koni Str.ts. At the end of day, you just got to try a setup that you think will suit your needs best. You may be right or may have missed the mark. Trial and error.

*Can be an expensive error though. Lol.

I don't think Koni streets and Ultralites will be very comfortable since the ultralites are harsher than the sports. And most people compare the sports to the Pro Kit. But it should hug those curves though and that drop will look nasty. I've been riding on Streets for a few years now and I definitely wouldn't pair them with a aggressive spring. It's a mid range damper that's meant to be a stock replacement.

maxpayne
12-03-2013, 12:48 PM
I don't think Koni streets and Ultralites will be very comfortable since the ultralites are harsher than the sports. And most people compare the sports to the Pro Kit. But it should hug those curves though and that drop will look nasty. I've been riding on Streets for a few years now and I definitely wouldn't pair them with a aggressive spring. It's a mid range damper that's meant to be a stock replacement.

I thought the same thing too; however, many people around the "internet" have suggested that the ultralites are softer than the sports and offer a better daily driver ride? Ugh. IDK.

JDBishopArts
12-03-2013, 12:53 PM
I think that BMR can be listed in the the performance category as well. I don't think Kelly would have spent all that time and research he's done to just strictly have a drop spring with no performance value to it.

I don't recall saying they have no performance value. They are a great spring. BMR makes a wonderful product. That's why I have mostly BMR stuff on my car. I still wouldn't call it a performance spring. They were designed to drop the car, handle well and retain a smooth ride.

saunupe1911
12-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Apologies for not posting my damper setup. I'm riding on the Koni STR.T right now. I know the BMR springs have a mild drop similar to the Pro Kit and people seem to rave on their comfort. The Pro Kit springs are comfortable, but large bumps and broken pavement just upset them.

saunupe1911
12-03-2013, 01:01 PM
I thought the same thing too; however, many people around the "internet" have suggested that the ultralites are softer than the sports and offer a better daily driver ride? Ugh. IDK.

yeah, I'm definitely interested on how that turns out but most people pair those with the yellows. You are on 18s so I think you will be good to go.

JDBishopArts
12-03-2013, 01:02 PM
I'd go with the BMR or Eibach Sportlines or K springs with those shocks/struts. You really can't lose with any of those.

DirtyD
12-03-2013, 01:37 PM
I don't recall saying they have no performance value. They are a great spring. BMR makes a wonderful product. That's why I have mostly BMR stuff on my car. I still wouldn't call it a performance spring. They were designed to drop the car, handle well and retain a smooth ride.
Wasn't saying that you did say that. I was just saying I think that it could be listed under both.

Grandpa
12-03-2013, 02:13 PM
I've decided to add Koni yellows to go with my Sportline springs. Can anyone with firsthand experience suggest some sway bars that will really help with handling?

JDBishopArts
12-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Steve, see my post in the Hypermotive thread. Our cars come with pretty healthy sways stock but I saw a huge improvement in handling when I put the Eibach sways on. Biggest improvement on turn in reaction and control. For daily use the rear sway is probably too much sway bar. I've only got to run the autoX once so far but after I tightened down the KONIs it was awesome. Very happy with the handling.

maxpayne
12-03-2013, 02:40 PM
Good job on deciding to go with the Koni Yellows Steve! I halted my order on the Ultralites. Probably going the Steeda Sports (1"F and 1.25"R) now with my Koni Str.t. I don't need to be too low as my 5.0 is still my daily. Can always go lower in the future.

saunupe1911
12-03-2013, 03:15 PM
Yep good choice on the yellows. Sometime I feel that the rear needs to be stiffer...then a guy on SVTP said he preferred his fronts on soft but the rears a little stiffer to combat the wavy motion on uneven roads or deep bumps. I said yep sounds about right. I got my STR.Ts for around $230 shipped from Auto Anything so I will never complain about those struts. Insane price.

JDBishopArts
12-03-2013, 03:21 PM
I keep my fronts on full soft and my rears a 1/2 turn from full soft. Love it.

BV600
12-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Yep good choice on the yellows. Sometime I feel that the rear needs to be stiffer...then a guy on SVTP said he preferred his fronts on soft but the rears a little stiffer to combat the wavy motion on uneven roads or deep bumps. I said yep sounds about right. I got my STR.Ts for around $230 shipped from Auto Anything so I will never complain about those struts. Insane price.

Thats a steal for STR.Ts I paid close to $400